Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   Howdy, from Texas (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/howdy-texas-150827/)

Mistoffoleese 05-31-2006 05:29 PM

Howdy, from Texas

My name is Mary Ann, I have been married for 18+ years, 3 kids, 9,7 & 4, we have 2 cats and a pet lizzard. We live north of Fort Worth. I am a longtime brouser, new SU Demonstrator as of May 9. This site is AWESOME!!!!:D At times I feel like such an amature looking at some of these beautiful works of art, then I realize, that everyone had to start some where. I think that it wonderful how everyone is so willing to share information and ideas. I am looking forward to many long hours on this site. I can't wait to get to know everyone better.

Mary Ann aka Mistoffoleese

Melissa 8791 05-31-2006 05:55 PM

Welcome to SCS!!! This is a fabulous place--you will meet tons of great people and see tons of awesome artwork.

There are a lot of Texans here too!!! :D

stampaHULAgirl 05-31-2006 07:01 PM

Hi Mary Ann! I live over in Little Elm! I've only been around SCS for a few months but I am hooked:) There is a TON of inspiration on this site. Welcome!

Cathy H 05-31-2006 07:35 PM

Welcome Mary Ann, you are gonna love it here ! I feel so dumb - I think I should know who Mistoffolease is ----- but I don"t. Who the heck is it?

Mistoffoleese 05-31-2006 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy H
Welcome Mary Ann, you are gonna love it here ! I feel so dumb - I think I should know who Mistoffolease is ----- but I don"t. Who the heck is it?

Don't feel dumb, Mistoffoleese is one of the cats in CATS, our cat, who is now 17 years old, was pregnant when when we went to see CATS. My husband and I loved it and named her two kittens after it, I usually use the name Mistoffoleese on alot of sites because no one else seems to use it and it is easy for me to remember.

Mistoffoleese 05-31-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa 8791
Welcome to SCS!!! This is a fabulous place--you will meet tons of great people and see tons of awesome artwork.

There are a lot of Texans here too!!! :D

Thanks for the welcome. I can tell already that I am going to like this site.

Mistoffoleese 05-31-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampaHULAgirl
Hi Mary Ann! I live over in Little Elm! I've only been around SCS for a few months but I am hooked:) There is a TON of inspiration on this site. Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, neighbor. Love your name, stampaHULAgirl. Very cute.

Cathy H 05-31-2006 08:41 PM

That's a good kitty name. Thanks for the explanation --- I would have NEVER figured it out on my own !! My cat is Smudge. (When she was a kitten, she always had to be on whatever paperwork we had in front of us)

lazylizard 05-31-2006 08:55 PM

You won't have any problem spending hours at this site.I'm going to have to start limiting myself or I won't have any stampin' time!!! Great ideas here, my favorites are endless.

thesachsgirl 06-01-2006 03:58 AM

Hi Mary Ann & welcome! I know what you mean, some of the artists here are amazing! I just keep telling myself what you said, that they had to start somewhere, and if I keep practicing, I can be as good as they are when I grow up! ;)

nicksmom917 06-01-2006 06:09 AM

Hi and welcome from a fellow Texan!!

Joelyn 06-01-2006 06:57 AM

Welcome and Hello from Spokane, Washington. SCS is the "BEST" website ever and I know your going to love every minute!

teetlebug67 06-01-2006 04:36 PM

Hello, I just joined too. My husband is being very patient with the amount of time I spend on this site. I find myself playing more and more thanks to the ideas. I live in Harker Heights, TX., home to Ft. Hood. We are not military, but I am a teacher here, and my husband with the Sheriff's Dept. I have been addicted to Stampin Up since 1998. Have you joined any swaps yet?

jonjinko 06-01-2006 04:46 PM

Hello and welcome!
Sure are alot of Texans here - my DH is LOVING IT!!! :) He is from San Antonio, where we plan on retiring. I spent 5.5 years in Killeen (I know, I know) but really enjoyed the endless possibilites the Lone Star state has to offer. You will love this site, it is my addiction when I have quiet time. I love browsing, checking out forums, and eye-ing out all the stuff in the buy/sell/trade forums! Not to mention all these great swaps going on. Have tons of fun and don't hesitate to ask any questions, someone here will answer you before you know it!!! :)
Aloha,
Joni

Mistoffoleese 06-01-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teetlebug67
Hello, I just joined too. My husband is being very patient with the amount of time I spend on this site. I find myself playing more and more thanks to the ideas. I live in Harker Heights, TX., home to Ft. Hood. We are not military, but I am a teacher here, and my husband with the Sheriff's Dept. I have been addicted to Stampin Up since 1998. Have you joined any swaps yet?

My mom lives near Temple in a town that I can guarantee that you have never heard of and if you blink you have passed through it. Maybe some time when I am down that way, we can get together and play!!:mrgreen:

Mary Ann

Mistoffoleese 06-01-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjinko
Hello and welcome!
Sure are alot of Texans here - my DH is LOVING IT!!! :) He is from San Antonio, where we plan on retiring. I spent 5.5 years in Killeen (I know, I know) but really enjoyed the endless possibilites the Lone Star state has to offer. You will love this site, it is my addiction when I have quiet time. I love browsing, checking out forums, and eye-ing out all the stuff in the buy/sell/trade forums! Not to mention all these great swaps going on. Have tons of fun and don't hesitate to ask any questions, someone here will answer you before you know it!!! :)
Aloha,
Joni

Joni,

We use to live out in North Carolina, so we were practically neighbors then, and San Antonio isn't that far from here, so when you move here, howdy neighbor.

tesno 06-02-2006 11:31 AM

Hi Mary Ann,
Welcome to SCS. I have been an SU! demo for 2 years. I love their products.

kate41 06-02-2006 01:51 PM

Welcome, Mary Ann!

Mistoffoleese 06-09-2006 10:17 AM

Thank you everyone

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their welcome, words of wisdom, etc. I told my husband that I feel like I am home, mainly because, everyone understands my slight obsession with stamping.:mrgreen: Thanks again. It is nice to be "home".

TexasStampin 06-10-2006 02:37 PM

Welcome Mary Ann from another North Texas demo! I live in Arlington, so not too far from you. Make sure you join the demo area of this site as well.
Good luck in your new business!
Sharon

TexasGirl 06-10-2006 05:16 PM

Welcome! I'm in Grand Prairie, right next to Arlington! You're going to love this site!

Jeanne S 06-10-2006 05:37 PM

Howdy right back at you from San Marcos :)

scrapchickee 06-10-2006 06:18 PM

Good to see another Texan, whoo hoo!

stampinhappy 06-10-2006 06:26 PM

Another Texan shoutin' Howdy at ya!

Dyu 06-10-2006 07:00 PM

Welcome & a big HOWDY from my little corner of S.E.Texas!

All you Texan ladies go here & intorduce yourselves please! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...ad.php?t=57154

ErinRN2002 06-10-2006 07:33 PM

Hi from San Angelo!

Julie1 06-10-2006 07:57 PM

Hi from Flower Mound, TX. I have learned so much from this site. I am sure you are going to love it here.

okiechic 06-10-2006 08:05 PM

Howdy and welcome!

Heidi Kimmerly 06-10-2006 10:12 PM

Hello and welcome from beautiful British COlumbia, Canada - dive in and have fun!