Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   Help with uploading pictures (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/help-uploading-pictures-2079/)

webseitler 06-22-2004 08:58 AM

Help with uploading pictures

Now, I know we have a slow connection...but I've been trying to upload three pictures to my gallery here and it seems to not be working...I've been sitting here, looking at the screen with the details for the gallery for at least five minutes and nothing is happening. Help!

webseitler 06-22-2004 09:03 AM

Oh! I don't understand this...see if I ever upload three cards at a time again! I can see the first and the third card on my gallery, but not the second. Well, I won't close the window yet and we'll see what happens. ;)

splitcoaststampers 06-22-2004 09:19 AM

we're having server issues right now that impact people's ability to get their uploads through. it's been an ongoing issue for us that we're still working on. sorry about that, we know this kind of stuff can get frustrating real quick, but we're working on it and things will be gradually improving over the next couple weeks.

webseitler 06-22-2004 09:26 AM

Well, I'm glad to know that I'm not messing anything up. ;) I feel better now. :lol:

I just hope I'm not making more work for you! If I can do anything differently, just let me know! Thanks for getting back to me. :D

webseitler 06-22-2004 10:41 AM

Um, I currently have FOUR pictures of the same card in my gallery. I tried to delete them, but I was told I'm not allowed. HELP!!!

jbalcer 06-22-2004 10:55 AM

Yep. We're working on that too. You are not alone. Sooooo many dups have been uploaded today my head is spinning!

webseitler 06-22-2004 11:06 AM

Okay, I'll calm down and let you guys hand it now. :) ;) I'm so glad that you all monitor this stuff. :D

stampmomt 06-22-2004 11:21 AM

Hi,
I have just uploaded a card & it was duplicated. Thanks Jen if you can fix it. Shannon

jbalcer 06-22-2004 11:22 AM

Hey, Nicole,
Check your personal gallery (My Gallery link on left side of your page in Gallery view) and make sure all the shots you loaded are in there. Everything's been approved and should be posted. If it's not there, please re-upload.

A hint for everyone: if you go to forums and see me, Beate, or Daven listed at the bottom, your stuff will be approved shortly. If it is properly categorized, it will be approved faster! If none of us are online, please be patient and wait for one of us to approve. . . and please, please, please don't re-upload the files. We'd all really appreciate it!

jbalcer 06-22-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampmomt
Hi,
I have just uploaded a card & it was duplicated. Thanks Jen if you can fix it. Shannon

Been there, done that. You're good now.

webseitler 06-22-2004 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
Hey, Nicole,
Check your personal gallery (My Gallery link on left side of your page in Gallery view) and make sure all the shots you loaded are in there. Everything's been approved and should be posted. If it's not there, please re-upload.

I see it all! Thanks so much. :D

webseitler 06-22-2004 11:38 AM

While we're on the topic of uploading pictures...if I upload a picture for a contest, does it also get entered into the catagory for it's name? For example, the Tags & More card I uploaded--does it also get put in the Tags & More gallery? Or would I have to upload it again? :?

Just curious. :D

jbalcer 06-22-2004 11:49 AM

Contest entries are just in the contest area. For instance, this month, all of the entries will stay in the Keep It Simple gallery. All the Serigraph will stay in that gallery . . . and that gallery will eventually get moved to the Technique Focus area.

We've toyed with the idea of putting it in two places (like in technique focus as well as by set) but then you'll have two identical posts in your gallery, and it just gets confusing for us. We're working on making the gallery better. Thanks for your patience as we figure it all out!

webseitler 06-23-2004 11:19 AM

Another question. I keep getting this message:

Quote:

Fatal error: imagecreatefrompng(): gd-png: fatal libpng error: IDAT: CRC error in /home/dvn/splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/image-inc.php on line 82
Am I doing something wrong, or is this just an error that happens from time to time? :?

jbalcer 06-23-2004 11:26 AM

Try saving as a .jpg file instead of png, maybe?

webseitler 06-23-2004 11:59 AM

Well, I did have a card that I had saved as both a .jpg and a .png and I got an error message (not sure if it said the same thing or not) both times.

I'll try again. :) Thanks! :D

jbalcer 06-23-2004 12:06 PM

Hello again! Daven will have to reset something or other so you can get by without the error.
Thanks for your patience!

splitcoaststampers 06-23-2004 12:21 PM

okay Nicole, try uploading again now. no gifs, no png please.

webseitler 06-24-2004 10:40 AM

Sure thing--I will only do .jpg.

This time it worked. Thanks so much! :D

EDIT: Not only is it working--it's going SO much faster than a few days ago! YAY! Thanks! :) You've made my day. ;)

jbalcer 06-24-2004 10:57 AM

That's what jpgs will do for you!

webseitler 06-24-2004 04:37 PM

:lol:

Thanks, Jenn! ;)

jeanent 06-26-2004 01:20 AM

Trouble Uploading

I too am having huge problems uploading - every single time I get the same error message. I am trying to upload a jpg and it just is not working. :(

jbalcer 06-26-2004 04:26 AM

Re: Trouble Uploading

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanent
I too am having huge problems uploading - every single time I get the same error message. I am trying to upload a jpg and it just is not working. :(

Daven has to reset something or other. He's on the West coast, so give him awhile. . .they're not up yet, I'm sure!

We'll get you going. Not to worry!