Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   HELP FAVORS FOR GOODY BAGS - CHURCH RETREAT??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/help-favors-goody-bags-church-retreat-77458/)

mommiemonk 08-11-2005 05:28 AM

HELP FAVORS FOR GOODY BAGS - CHURCH RETREAT???

I am on the events team at church and we are planning the fall retreat (100 women). The theme is Freedom, so everything is pretty much red, white, blue. I am looking for ideas to make stuff for the goody bags - I would like to make something with stamps of course and something that will get people wanting to know more about stamping. I will probably include a copy of the stamping techniques booklets in each bag. Last year I made bookmarks, trail mix bags, prayer rocks and a magnet, so I'd like some different ideas this year. Have you planned church retreat goody bags? What are some of the best things you have received in a goody bag?

What would make a good door prize donation (done with stamps, of course)?

I'm interested in any ideas. I'll be sure to let you know what the hits are!

Thanks.

Soni B 08-11-2005 05:39 AM

church retreat

How about a simple card or card front with a nice scripture or "glad you could come " use a xyron to laminate it...or tile recipe holder(stamp on tile 2 x 2 size with stazon and dry then vcolor in with sharpie markers...
or a folder for all thier paper work stamped on of course: flowers or again scripture or CROSS OR PRAYING HANDS ...
or make one 6 x 6 scrapbook page (stamped ) and tell them you will show them how to scrap the rest of the pictures from retreat...if you take any, I know my brother and his wife do at thier retreats...

Joelyn 08-11-2005 07:05 AM

Bookmark with scripture!

go90feet 08-11-2005 08:59 AM

Well, I have not done things for a church retreat, but I have done things for our PTO and staff members at school. For treat bags, I have done the following:

key chains (really cheap at Michael's, you stamp and insert in plastic case)
magnets
RSVP Pens
post-it note pads
microwave popcorn ("Popping by with a Thank-you") w/ stamped sleeve
bookmarks (really good for bible studies)
small steno pads w/ covers
altoid tins with mints (Hobby Lobby stores sell the "scripture mints")
hershey's mini candy bars wrappers
CD case with stamped sleeve, compilation of gospel music on cd (can be found at $ stores or even have someone burn them and you can stamp the cd label)
lapel pins (made with shrinky-dinks) or any other type of pin or broch

These are just some ideas to get ya started, and of course, I included my business card with in each goodie bag. I used a school theme for mine, since it was school relate, but SU! has some religious sets, as well as other companies. I know Hobby Lobby has a selection of religious based stamps as well.

HTH!
~ jen

go90feet 08-11-2005 09:02 AM

OH! and for door prizes-- a stamped paint can filled with stationary, treats (in stamped packages, of course), notecards, etc. Fill can with whatever your heart desires! The cans are relatively inexpensive, so you can do 2-3 quart sized cans for under $20.00, including contents!

mommiemonk 08-17-2005 05:20 AM

BUMP

go90feet 08-17-2005 05:49 AM

what about prayer stones? You could make them just like the flat stone magnets, but leave the magnet off.

mommiemonk 08-17-2005 03:16 PM

Did prayer rocks last year, they were really cute, but don't want to be repetitive. Also, did bookmarks. I bought some candles, think I'm gonna try that and some candy...anything else...???

Are you really letting others choose your baby's name? I have a great website if you are interested PM me.

go90feet 08-17-2005 03:51 PM

I am letting others have input, but ultimately I will make the final decision. I like the candle idea-- kinda like that song "this little light of mine..."

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommiemonk
Did prayer rocks last year, they were really cute, but don't want to be repetitive. Also, did bookmarks. I bought some candles, think I'm gonna try that and some candy...anything else...???

Are you really letting others choose your baby's name? I have a great website if you are interested PM me.

mommiemonk 08-18-2005 10:06 AM

bump

mommiemonk 08-27-2005 03:47 PM

BUMP