Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   Hello from WV! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/hello-wv-73776/)

sariebeth 07-29-2005 01:51 AM

Hello from WV!

Just curious, is anyone else...hmmm?

I've been a SU demo since Nov. '03. DH relocated us back to WV a few months ago (from 7 years in VA) and I'm still trying to get things off the ground again. After 2 stamp camps, both being no-shows, I was about ready to hang up the towel. I must say that this site has been an inspiration and I don't think I'll give up yet.

Sarah
SAHM of 3 maniacs 6 and under... did I mention we're living with my in-laws for now... AAAAAK!!!!

Dyu 07-29-2005 02:56 AM

First, a BIG Texas welcome.

Second, ((((HUGS)))) for the no shows & living @ the in-laws. Feel free to start a thread anytime you need to vent. We are all here for you!

grammie 07-29-2005 03:12 AM

Hello from WV

I just moved to WV about 7 months ago, upper part. There are no people so far that is interested in stamping. I am way out in the hills.
I decided to spend time just stamping and I give away a few cards to get the interest up. then I mention I do sell them for , well what ever price you decide, and this helps somewhat so far.
I have decided to contact Ronald McDonalds house today and see if they need cards,. I will donate them.
I also joined a couple groups on yahoo to keep me creative. I keep thinking one of these things will work somehow. I will not give up my creative hobby.
Stamping keeps me sane believe me. Love it here in WV a lot. Good luck on your venture.

DeniceW 07-29-2005 03:59 AM

I'm from WV

Hey,
I live in the Eastern Panhandle ( Fisher, 3 miles outside of Moorefield). I understand your situation, I am a SAHM to 3 kids, 5, 3, and 5 months. I also live about with in baseball throwing distance of my inlaws.

To get me started I mainly had a beginner workshop to get people hooked.

Good luck getting your business started.

Denice

sariebeth 07-29-2005 06:18 AM

Thank you for your words of encouragement!!! I really appreciate it. I hope things will be easier when we get our own place. Not having much luck with the house hunting. I've scheduled 2 more camps, one on each side of the mountain. (only a WVian would probably understand that...lol) DH is tired of me paying for the community center to have them.

Grammie: Where up north are you? I'm stuck down here in Boone Co., but at least I'm only 30 minutes from Charleston

DeniceW: I've never heard of Fisher? My trips that direction usually end at Morgantown

:D
Sarah
SAHM of 3 maniacs ages 6, 3 and 1 1/2... still with my in-laws... oh, forgot to mention, DH has been in Maryland for the past week for work!!!

Soni B 07-29-2005 09:10 AM

Hello from W V

Hello and sending lots of "good hopes " for that magical newstart...I am a believer so I know it will happen...enjoy what you do and let your enthusiasm out to others every chance you get...make a card for every reason possible and give them away...someone will catch on... Hope it happens soon.... Good Luck mixed with hugs to you... I grew uo near Ky / W V boarder in the summers...at my grandmas... loved it there...

Joelyn 07-30-2005 09:14 AM

SPEND SOME TIME IN SCS AND YOU WILL GET ALL FIRED UP AGAIN. THIS SITE IS FULL OF WONDERFUL IDEAS, TEMPLATES AND PATTERNS FOR YOU TO FOLLOW. ALL THE CARDS YOU CAN IMAGAINE ARE HERE.

Granny Hawkins 07-30-2005 12:52 PM

WELCOME!:)

Shanon 07-30-2005 03:52 PM

Welcome to SCS, enjoy!:D

dstfrommi 07-30-2005 04:01 PM

Welcome Sarah! You will find a great group of stampin' friends here!

:cool:

Melissa 8791 07-31-2005 12:57 PM

Welcome to SCS!

Melissa

Michelle Laycock 07-31-2005 08:13 PM

Welcome Sarah, to SCS!

Its a pleasure to have you join in our family! Check out the cool gallery! Daven and Scott do a wonderful job keeping the gallery running for us!

ScrappinAngel 08-01-2005 11:30 AM

Welcome to the group!!!! I hope you find your stay enjoyable!!!!

LDSDinks1993 08-01-2005 11:37 AM

WV Native

Although I consider my self from Virginia since I moved there in 86, I actually grew up in WV and graduated from HS in Milton. Milton is half way between Huntington and Charleston. My mom recently moved back there. I visit every so often. I am actually in Alabama now, it will be a year this month since I left Virgninia. What does your husband do that he got transfered to WV?

sariebeth 08-01-2005 12:06 PM

DH works for Verizon and decided it was time to transfer "back home" so the kids could see the grandparents more. He worked in Milton 3 months a few years ago, but retreated back to Radford, VA (a failed attempt at another transfer). I grew up in Charleston and he's from the middle of nowhere, where we are staying right now. The problem is that "the middle of nowhere" has never heard of stampin' up and I think they are affraid to try it.

I'm also working on getting 2 MOPS groups started too. The pastors have been a little more willing to learn about MOPS. Oh well, it'll all work out the way it's supposed to .

Sarah

norsky stamper 08-01-2005 12:12 PM

Greetings from New York:)

debidobs 08-01-2005 03:54 PM

Welcome, Sarah, and enjoy the site...you'll find many ideas here! I see that you are trying to start a MOPS group...I remember this from when my 8yearold was little and I have a new little one now and would like some information. Would you mind emailing me with a link or some information? You can either send a PM or email me, [email protected] Thanks again!!!

LDSDinks1993 08-01-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sariebeth
DH works for Verizon and decided it was time to transfer "back home" so the kids could see the grandparents more. He worked in Milton 3 months a few years ago, but retreated back to Radford, VA (a failed attempt at another transfer). I grew up in Charleston and he's from the middle of nowhere, where we are staying right now. The problem is that "the middle of nowhere" has never heard of stampin' up and I think they are affraid to try it.

I'm also working on getting 2 MOPS groups started too. The pastors have been a little more willing to learn about MOPS. Oh well, it'll all work out the way it's supposed to .

Sarah

I am trying to remember where boone county is. Is that near cambels creek? I went out with a guy from WAY OUT THERE - when I was young. Can't picture exactly where boone county is.... How far are you from Hurricane? I have a friend living there, she works at the hospital in Charleston. She would probably be interested in getting together to stamp - she is going through a divorce, so she could use the company. Is that too far from you?

bschneider5 08-01-2005 04:14 PM

Hello and welcome!!!

DeniceW 08-02-2005 04:05 AM

Fisher is...

Sarah,

Fisher is 3 miles outside of Moorefield, in Hardy Co. A great place to live still in the country but only minutes from town. Moorefield is slowing going from little country town to big city town.

Denice

sluman 08-11-2005 12:30 PM

Hi Sarah!! I just saw your post...I'm from W. Virginia! I live in Ohio now but was born in Huntington and have family in Huntington, Branchland, Hewett & Lake. I'm getting ready to sign up my cousin who's in Huntington.

Hang in there with your business. It will take off soon!

scrapqueen 08-11-2005 12:34 PM

Welcome from Southern California, you are going to have lots of fun!

hdstamps 08-11-2005 12:39 PM

Hi there! another WVA gal checking in. At least, I grew up in WVA. Morgantown, Huntington, and Barboursville! Good luck getting started up again. Hang in there & I'm sure it'll happen.

off_the_wall 08-11-2005 03:48 PM

Welcome and don't give up,and don't be afraid to ask people for help!!! GOOD LUCK!!!