Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   Hello from Oregon! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/hello-oregon-574613/)

Grumpygirl73 06-18-2013 11:40 PM

Hello from Oregon!

Greetings. I've been lurking for a few months and learning as much as I can. Since it looks like I'm going to be purchasing something from someone here, I figured it would be a fine time to introduce myself. My name is Donna, and I've really come to enjoy paper crafting. I own a Big Shot, a fair amount of what comes with that, some paper punches, and a few stamps and ink pads. I don't scrapbook; I've mainly been doing decoupage of everyday sort of items and some wall art. (I am practically obsessed with Trader Joe's coffee canisters!) Since I have all the necessary equipment, I think card making might also be fun, and it's obvious I've come to the right place. In addition to the paper, I also crochet and knit, and dabble in sewing. (My husband is far better at sewing than I am, so it makes me lazy. ;))

I mentioned being married... I married a Canadian in 2011 and have finally received all my paperwork to live in Canada with him. I expect my cat and I will be moving some time at the end of July/beginning of August from where I presently live in Portland, Oregon to Edmonton, Alberta. I imagine then that most of you can understand the 2 humongous orders I recently places with Sizzix as something of a good-bye, as they don't ship to Canada. I am going to really miss their on-line outlet store. I am also going to miss the immense amount of crafty everything in Portland, not to mention the weather. On the other hand, my 2 stepdaughters can't wait for my move - I think especially the move of all my crafty stuff into their house, LOL! One girl knits, the other crochets, and they both do a lot of art - fellow clever hands. :) In Alberta, my cat and I will be joining my husband, 2 surprisingly mellow teenage girls, a Shih Tzu dog, 3 parrots, and a hedgehog.

Thanks to all for the fabulous wealth of information you share. It is greatly appreciated. :D

parkes 06-19-2013 01:09 AM

Hi Donna and welcome from New Zealand! Yay for you being able to shift to Canada with your kitty cat and all your craft supplies. And being welcomed by your new family!
Stephanie

UnderstandBlue 06-19-2013 03:40 AM

Hi Donna! What a pretty kitty! :)

We are supposed to get a Trader Joe's soon, so I'll have to look for those canisters.

What a bummer that you can't get Sizzix in Canada - I love those Tuesday sales.

How fun to have crafty kids!

I look forward to seeing your art in the gallery. Good luck with your move and please let me know if I can help you with anything!

Makalah 06-23-2013 08:05 PM

I just got back from Portland yesterday! Fun town! I didn't see any papercrafting stores while I was in OR, just lots of glass and bead stores (but I was plenty happy with those!). :)

Welcome to SCS and good luck with your move!