Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   Hello from the Illinois Tundra (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/hello-illinois-tundra-583537/)

paintfancy 01-27-2014 07:14 AM

Hello from the Illinois Tundra

I posted this in the Read Me First section last week by mistake. So here's a repost hopefully in the correct place this time :)

Hello there

My name is Kim and I'm new here. I've lurked a little in the past. My first love is horses, but in the Winter I love to dance and create cards. I am VERY SLOW at card making. I tend to get more lost in what other people are making and oooing and ahhhhing over their stuff. Then I get overwhelmed and don't know where to start.

My goal is to get cards done for my hospice. We are always mailing cards out to patients and especially their family members and my board. I'd like to make all of the cards by hand - if I could get more than 2 per month completed! LOL!

I'm hoping that coming here will inspire my creative juices and help me be more efficient! I've just started with Copics and recently bought a Cameo that I'm trying to learn.

parkes 01-27-2014 10:52 AM

Hi Kim and welcome from New Zealand! You are in the right place for an intro as well as in the right forum for endless card making inspiration. Cards don't have to be elaborate, you can make very simple but effective cards with just a stamp or two. Check out the galleries for CAS (clean and simple) cards. Making cards for your hospice is an admirable goal and I am sure you will find cards and people here to inspire you.
Stephanie

UnderstandBlue 01-27-2014 01:57 PM

Hi Kim! I love your avatar - is that YOUR horse?

I'm slow at cardmaking too - I think we all have that problem - we look more than we leap! :)

Try playing our daily challenges - those keep me super motivated! There's a list of them in our weekly newsletter (link in my siggy) and on our home page.

paintfancy 01-27-2014 04:46 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Stephanie, I will be sure to check that gallery out, I didn't even know it existed :)

Lydia, Yeppers, that's one of my boys. I have 3. That's my newest one, Cisco. He was learning how to bow that day :) I will link to the newsletter too. Thanks for the tip.

I was "frozen in" today and didn't go to work. I spent all day following links from the Cameo forum and actually learning how to do some pretty cool stuff! What a wealth of information this site is going to be for me. I had no motivation for my Cameo whatsoever. I was hung up on my Cricut. I think I'll be printing and cutting in my sleep tonight! LOL

parkes 01-27-2014 10:52 PM

Hi Kim, I don't think there is a specific gallery for CAS cards but if you do a keyword search with CAS on the main gallery page you should get to see a heap of simple but effective cards.
Stephanie

paintfancy 01-28-2014 07:30 AM

Yep, I found some last night. This morning I found a forum. I'm going there next. Thanks for the info :)