Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Here - question

Hi,

Well I was having trouble finding the "post new thread" buttom and it seems I found it under the Start Here thread. What I would like to know is how to I post in other threads? That buttom doesn't seem to be there.

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm from Canada and have been scrapbooking for about 4/5 yrs now. I get together with my girlfriends once
a week and we scrapbook all day. We meet at a gal's house and keep all our tools, dies, stamps, etc. there so we can share. Less stuff to carry back and forth. We enjoy going shopping for scrapbook stuff so we often plan day trips to local stores.

My favorite subject to scrapbook are my two grand-daughters aged 4 and 6. I also have three adult children and tons of pictures to scrapbook from their childhood. I don't think I'll ever run out of pictures.

I'm into using spellbinders dies in my cuttlebug machine and so I have frequented the Cuttlebug thread alot. I find this site very informative and helpful. I especially like the links to you tube videos as I am a visual kind of person and tend to learn by seeing.

Looking forward to meeting you all and start sharing ideas, tips, photos, page layouts here in this wonderful community.

Jessica
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi there Jessica & welcome!!

You may have been trying to post in a forum that requires group membership - like the swap forum, perhaps.

Anyway, I have some great starter links in my signature that should help you.

I'm looking forward to seeing your scrapbooking work. We have a wonderful online event that is so fun - it's called Virtual Scrapbooking Night. We had the mini this weekend, and if you want to participate in the challenges that were posted Saturday, you have until next week to upload your creations. It's a good warmup for the main event which is a whole weekend of challenges. You can read more about that here Virtual Scrapbooking Night Forum - Scrapbook Meetup & Challenges

Have fun looking around - you will find both fun and friends. Let me know if you need anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Hi Lydia

Thanks for the welcome. To answer your question I did register for that forum so I'm not sure why I can't post a new thread.

I have gone and read some post under the Start Here thread to familiarize myself with the forum.

I will check out the Vitrual scrapbooking night forum - it sounds like fun.

One more question. How do you move a post that ended up in the wrong thread?

For some reason it won't let me check off the box "Quote message in reply".

Thanks

Jessica
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Jessica and welcome from New Zealand. That is a great idea to have your stuff at one person's place, and then share. I am sure you will soon have things sorted on the forum and can post things at will!
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #5  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedladyView Post
Hi Lydia

Thanks for the welcome. To answer your question I did register for that forum so I'm not sure why I can't post a new thread.

I have gone and read some post under the Start Here thread to familiarize myself with the forum.

Thanks

Jessica
Hey Jessica!

You have not been approved for the Swap forum yet, so as soon as you are you will be able to post there.

To quote a message like I've done here, the easiest way is to just use the grey Quote button inside the post you're wanting to quote. The reason you can't check the box you're talking about is probably because you didn't select a message to quote by putting a check in the box at the top right of the post you wanted to quote.

However, if you go right to the post you want to quote, hit the grey quote button, it will start a reply with the quote already in it. Make sense?

If you posted in the wrong place a mod or I will have to move that for you. Just let me know a link to the post you're talking about or use the asterisk button inside the post to report it to a mod and that will lead us right to the post you want us to move.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedladyView Post
Hi Lydia

Thanks

Jessica
HI Jessica,

I'm not sure if you got a PM from one of the other swap mods, but it looks like you are missing some of the required information for the swap group. Here is a link to the 2-step process for joining.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #7  
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Yay Canada....welcome
from Manitoba
Reply With Quote Likes