Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   All the way from Finland.. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/all-way-finland-59627/)

Cicilisko 06-14-2005 03:04 PM

All the way from Finland..

.. Hello everyone!

Found your great site and now I�m hooked! :D I have spend nearly all day looking around and what a wonderfull treasure chest this place is! I�m new at stamping, but have been doing cards for a long time. Resently I got interested in scrapbooking and stamping is the newest thing. And all the techniques I�ve allready seen here.. Does anyone know where I can buy some more hours to my day? ;) I just had to join, hope it`s ok whith everyone. My english isn`t perfect, but maybe my love on stamping will compensate.. ;) Oh, allmost forgot, I live in Finland (a part of scandinavia) but thanks to internet, HERE I AM :D

Hope to "see" you all on forum, and maybe some day I�ll be brave enough to post pictures of some of my work..

Stefanie 06-14-2005 03:20 PM

Cicilisko,

Welcome to SCS. I'm not an official greeter of the site but thought I would tell you that I'm happy your here. :D This is a wonderful place to spend your time and I'm sure that everyone here will attest to the fact that we need more hours in the day. You will find lots of instant help, the moderators are wonderful as is the whole community, in that area.

I'm in the Midwest of the United States and I can't imagine what time it is in Finland. It is 6:15 p.m. here. I hope your not robbing yourself of any needed sleep !!! :)

Enjoy SCS and don't be afraid to ask for help at any time. There is always someone here to help.

imastampin 06-14-2005 03:21 PM

Welcome to SCS! We will love having you join us. It's all right if your English isn't perfect, neither is ours from time to time. lol If you need anything, just ask. There are so many kind and thoughtful people willing to help - all the time! Again, welcome.

Karen

cmstamps 06-14-2005 03:57 PM

Welcome! What part of Finland? I have been there twice. I traveled from Helsinki to the northern part and then into Sweden. My mother is of Finnish heritage and my father has some also. I was just amazed my the long day light.

Chris

rshores 06-14-2005 04:00 PM

Welcome!!! I agree, it is a great site.

Rebecca

Melissa 8791 06-14-2005 04:27 PM

Welcome to SCS! I am so glad that you are joining us! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. There will be someone here to help you.

Melissa

Granny Hawkins 06-14-2005 04:33 PM

WOW! Welcome. You will have to give us time zones so we will know when to talk to you. It is 8:33P.M. where I am now.

kathynruss 06-14-2005 04:38 PM

Hi, from Florida!

Hi, Cicilisko,

Welcome from sunny Central Florida. You'll have lots of fun here and learn lots of new stuff. Have a ball. :smile:

avonlea 06-14-2005 04:44 PM

'Tervetuloa!' Welcome!
(I don't know Finnish; I just "know" Google! Hehehe.) And your English is wonderful!!! :D Please don't worry about it!

Finland is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time, 8 hours ahead of Central Standard time & 10 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time.

Cicilisko: *IF* you wanted to join us for "Virtual Stamp Night" it will be on the 26.06 at ANY TIME from 1:00am-7:00am. I know...not a good time for our friends who are not in the Americas. It's like we're having a stamping party during that time and anyone is welcome to come and go. The "house" where the party will be is in the Virtual Stamp Night forum. I thought I would mention that to you. :)

If you have *any* questions about *anything*, please don't hesitate to ask! Have fun!
:cool:

mddlerth 06-14-2005 09:06 PM

Wow! I'm amazed by the different places "stampers" come from! WELCOME to the site and be prepared to spend tons of time here. It is so addictive but so worth it!
I'm in "the South" as they call my part of the USA. Tennessee to be more specific, which is really southwest compared to the whole country.
Your English is great! Just be sure to tell us if we use a word that you don't understand or if we use one that doesn't make sense. I know some phrases we use here don't translate out the same in other places.
Have fun and enjoy yourself!
~ Cathy

Cicilisko 06-15-2005 02:12 AM

Oh my.. I�m quite overwhelmed.. You really are a frienly group! :) Thank you so much for making me feel welcomed! It seems I do sleep most of the time you are awake, but then again, I�m always up way too late.. ;) Now that I`m writing this, it`s 13:00 and its a bright sunny day. I live in middle of Finland, city named Jyvaskyla. (There is supposed to bee dots on the a`s, but I don�t think your keyboards show them)

It�s great to hear someone has been here, Finland is of course in my oppinion a beatifull country. And now it`s summer, the best time of year! Soon it is Midsummer's Eve and everyone selebrates all night long. The sun does not go down at all! Summers are full of light, birds don`t really go to sleep at all, because of the light... sometimes thats not so nice when you�re trying to sleep :D
But enough about me, now I�m off to explore more stamping techniques! :D
And need to see everything else you have here. And that card challenge thing sounds interesting.. And thanks again for being so nice, I feel right at home allready! :smile:

kathynruss 06-15-2005 03:29 AM

Hi

Guten Morgen from Central Florida, Cicilisko.

I think that's German, but it's closer to Finnish than English. My only suggestion to a "newbie" as we call those just joining SCS, is to really check out the "Start Here" Forum and read all the "stickies" that have excellent hints on how to get around. That's my 2 cents for this morning. Have a lot of fun cruising! :)

jen9853 06-15-2005 04:06 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!

I am sure you will enjoy the site as much as we all do! There are so many new things to learn here, I know I am always learning something different!

Have fun!!

Jen

DeborahSue 06-15-2005 01:38 PM

Dear Cicilisko,
WELCOME TO YOU FROM SE Kansas!
We're thrilled to have you become a part of SCS--you can teach us more about your culture, weather and community events!
SHARE AWAY!
God bless you,
DeborahSue

Shanon 06-15-2005 04:19 PM

Jump right in and enjoy yourself. Everyone here is GREAT!!!!

Jane Nisperos 06-15-2005 10:11 PM

Hello all the way from Guam. What a difference in locations eh? I'm fairly new also, so I'm just trying to get acquainted with navigating through this huge site. Have fun!

Jane