Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Unread 04-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #1
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Default May 2017 Daily Fluttering & Chatting

Happy May!!!! Hold on tight... I think it's going to be a busy month!!!

Flylady's Habit of the Month--- Moving 15 min at a time

May Zones:
Zone 1: Entrance, Front Porch & Dining Room May 1-6
Zone 2: Kitchen, Back Porch, Laundry May 7-13
Zone 3: The Main Bathroom & One Other Room May 14-20
Zone 4: The Master Bedroom, Bath, Closet May 21-27
Zone 5: The Living Room, Den, Family Room May 28-31

The most important choice you make everyday is your attitude.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:33 AM   #2
Proud Fan Club Member

I won't be posting lists during the next 3 months...I will try to pop in on morning when I can but after this morning it isn't going to be part of my morning routine for 3 months unless the day allows some down time in the morning.

Happy May Day...I am buying a yellow rose with white daisies to give to a young girl who is becoming very dear to me. She helps me smile and laugh even on the phone! Her mother is my friend with endometrial ovarian cancer. Will give her the flowers today.
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:33 AM   #3
luvstochatchatCHAT

Whoot! Happy May! Hold on tight indeed! It's a FULL month of goodness for us for sure!! May Day, Grandparent's Day, 8th grade graduation, DD2's birthday, our anniversary, Mother's Day, DMIL's birthday, and then high school graduation for DD1!! Bring it on!

Thankful for the zone work this month...looks like I'll cover all the bases and be in good shape for the party! Hurray! I aim to tackle each zone thoroughly and be ready to party!

Here's the May baskets I put together to deliver today!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:42 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Faye, I'm glad you have found a little friend who brings you such joy. I hope all goes well with her mom...so sad but thankfully treatable.
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:43 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Rebekah - you do have a busy month with all those different events and special days. Love your May baskets. We do not do that here, or at least I am not aware of it at any rate.
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:47 AM   #6
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Good morning!
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:48 AM   #7
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Rebekah - you do have a busy month with all those different events and special days. Love your May baskets. We do not do that here, or at least I am not aware of it at any rate.
Maybe you could grab a flower from your garden and give it to someone and make them smile...starting a new happiness project in your life!

Or grab a bunch at the grocery store or gas station (do you have those options in your area?) and give it to a co-worker or a stranger and say Happy May Day!

(hey oldies, remember when we could only use 4 smilies and it was so bothesome to some of us?)
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:49 AM   #8
Proud Fan Club Member

Now I must really fly out off here...though I see an email has arrived...so will read that first...
luvtostampstampstamp likes this post.
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:50 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Like everyone else May is going to be a busy month. In the 31 days of May I have 12 individual American Heart Association CPR classes scheduled (2 with multiple days each), 2 Advanced classes scheduled plus 2 last CNA classes and 1 fire dept con ed class (I'm hoping I will only have to teach a very few of them but many I'll have to be there to monitor a student instructor and all of them I'll have to have everything ready for them, incl equipment and paperwork. I'm tired just from those alone. I also have an email from a previous business contact that wants to do CPR this month for his employees as well. Like Rebekah, I have 3 graduations, 1 recital, 2 birthdays, Mother's Day and a couple of other events this month. Part of me is glad there's only 31 days in the month then the other part wishes there were more so this could be spread out a bit. LOL
luvtostampstampstamp and T. Joy like this post.
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:58 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Copied from Rebekah's post from April...
DD1 is looking forward to NO FINALs b/c she has maintained good grades in all classes! So she will get off a week earlier!

My response
I'm so happy for your dd1. That is a feat for a lot of kiddos but your daughter seems to be a very smart girl. Glad she'll get to finish a week early. AND I sure wish they would allow that for me as well. LOL Both classes are 96 & 97 but... I guess I do need to head over there to see if he has posted the final test yet in the 1 class. At least I can get some idea of what I'm looking at in time or questions anyway. Both exams should be open today with 1 closing on the 8th and the other on the 10th.

Happy May Day Y'all
Unread 05-01-2017, 04:09 AM   #11
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Copied from Rebekah's post from April...
DD1 is looking forward to NO FINALs b/c she has maintained good grades in all classes! So she will get off a week earlier!

My response
I'm so happy for your dd1. That is a feat for a lot of kiddos but your daughter seems to be a very smart girl. Glad she'll get to finish a week early. AND I sure wish they would allow that for me as well. LOL Both classes are 96 & 97 but... I guess I do need to head over there to see if he has posted the final test yet in the 1 class. At least I can get some idea of what I'm looking at in time or questions anyway. Both exams should be open today with 1 closing on the 8th and the other on the 10th.

Happy May Day Y'all
It doesn't come easy to her...she has to work really hard. She is really dreading her placement tests b/c she has been struggling with the practice one.
Unread 05-01-2017, 04:12 AM   #12
luvstochatchatCHAT

One of our cats got beat up again last night. . May have even gotten bit. Ugh. We need to get their rabies shots up to date.

I'm recovering from a trigger. Ugh. The morning was going so well, then DH and I try to communicate and bam. So I refuse to let it drag me down. It's just us lately...I was just asking about the cat b/c he had gone out to see it. I didn't hear him and then he didn't say much and I get annoyed b/c he can't just tell me what he saw. And he gets mad at me b/c I guess he didn't see much so didn't have anything to say. I shoulda' stayed in my cozy chair in the bedroom like I usually do!
Unread 05-01-2017, 04:58 AM   #13
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Good morning!

I have a quiet month ahead compared to you all and I am thankful for it. My goal this month is to remember the principle of "enoughness". I read a great quote this week that resonated with me - "Less is preferable to more, and doing without is better than accumulating too much." That is something that I really want to ponder and act on this month.

My goal this morning is to get the house in order so that this afternoon I can work on figuring out / making cards for May birthdays and other special days. I also have time scheduled for cross stitch and listening to an audiobook.

I had a doctor's appt with bloodwork a little over a week ago now because I woke up with a swollen lip because of an antihistamine I had been taken but all anything showed was that stress and anxiety are still a huge part of my symptoms and probably even a big part of many of my food intolerances. So my goal - no that isn't "sure" enough - my intention for the month is to simply relax and let myself enjoy making a home for my sweet family. I will avoid stress triggers as much as I can, spend time in the sunshine, try to do some light exercise - probably walking with Leslie Sansone for 15 minutes a day - as my low back can tolerate it, and not stress over the fact that I am using a Hobonichi planner instead of the ones that I sell. I will journal, read, declutter, love others, trust the Lord and just rejoice in the fact that where I am is a good place. And I will reread this post when my moods vary and I can't see that that last sentence is true and I will remember that "this too shall pass" and that I will be able to see the light again soon.
Unread 05-01-2017, 05:04 AM   #14
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
Good morning!

I have a quiet month ahead compared to you all and I am thankful for it. My goal this month is to remember the principle of "enoughness". I read a great quote this week that resonated with me - "Less is preferable to more, and doing without is better than accumulating too much." That is something that I really want to ponder and act on this month.

My goal this morning is to get the house in order so that this afternoon I can work on figuring out / making cards for May birthdays and other special days. I also have time scheduled for cross stitch and listening to an audiobook.

I had a doctor's appt with bloodwork a little over a week ago now because I woke up with a swollen lip because of an antihistamine I had been taken but all anything showed was that stress and anxiety are still a huge part of my symptoms and probably even a big part of many of my food intolerances. So my goal - no that isn't "sure" enough - my intention for the month is to simply relax and let myself enjoy making a home for my sweet family. I will avoid stress triggers as much as I can, spend time in the sunshine, try to do some light exercise - probably walking with Leslie Sansone for 15 minutes a day - as my low back can tolerate it, and not stress over the fact that I am using a Hobonichi planner instead of the ones that I sell. I will journal, read, declutter, love others, trust the Lord and just rejoice in the fact that where I am is a good place. And I will reread this post when my moods vary and I can't see that that last sentence is true and I will remember that "this too shall pass" and that I will be able to see the light again soon.
I've seen this lately and loved it. "Owning less is great. Wanting less is better."

Enjoy your day. I'm working on a little creative goal list right now.
ashjoy and imthenoni like this post.
Unread 05-01-2017, 05:05 AM   #15
luvstochatchatCHAT

Tricia, have you ever tried yoga? It's been a wonderful relief to me.
Unread 05-01-2017, 05:15 AM   #16

Just a little. I had a yoga/pilates video that I loved when the kids were little and homeschooling. I got in great shape and loved it, but then something snapped across my abdomen one day - it felt like a tape measure retracting - and I've had trouble with my left hip and with my abdominal muscles ever since. There is a short "office workout" that is on the DVD that just works with the upper body and I've been trying to do that a few times a week.
Unread 05-01-2017, 05:26 AM   #17
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
Just a little. I had a yoga/pilates video that I loved when the kids were little and homeschooling. I got in great shape and loved it, but then something snapped across my abdomen one day - it felt like a tape measure retracting - and I've had trouble with my left hip and with my abdominal muscles ever since. There is a short "office workout" that is on the DVD that just works with the upper body and I've been trying to do that a few times a week.
Oh no, ouch. Right now I just do a relaxing nightly sequence.
T. Joy likes this post.
Unread 05-01-2017, 06:00 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning y'all.

Happy May!!!

We're still out camping. 😀 Tomorrow we take the rv in for its final warranty work.

May will be good busy for me as well. We go on our cruise for 7 days then straight to Boston for 7 days! I'm so excited!!!!😀

Today we will be going to the Nimitz Museum in Fredericksberg. Then to our 2 wineries for our free glass of wine. 😉

I need to do a bit of work here at the rv also.
Wash dishes
Pack up anything that will go home
Clean out fridge
Vacuum

"Freely you have received; freely give" Matt 10:8
imthenoni likes this post.
Unread 05-01-2017, 06:59 AM   #19
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Morning! Happy May! I have not been to the grocery store and we have to take my mom to the airport right after school, so we may be skipping May baskets this year.

My May is thankfully not as busy as some of you! It will still be crazy enough for me with end of school and scout things. This is teacher appreciation week and I am not as prepared as I would like. Thankfully both boys found a card and gift they liked from my stash for today, but the rest of the week is pretty sparse.

Eden is developing a temper when she doesn't get her way. And her way is a lot of climbing, banging, and drawing on all the things.

Today:
Pick up meds at Target
Help mom get packed up
Check bank account
Make cards for tomorrow
Unload/reload dishwasher
Fold and put away clothes
Goodwill drop
Kohls return
Pick up boys
Take Mom to the airport

Blaze pizza?

Gallery Blog

Generosity isn't really generous if it isn't sacrificial. - Shannan Martin

Last edited by mrslaird; 05-01-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Unread 05-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #20

My house is slowly but surely being subdued back into peacefulness. So thankful for the habits that I've been working on through the years so that now "an absolute disaster" means an hour or two of gentle work or 30-45 minutes of intensity rather than a overwhelming "where do I begin" and "why even bother??"

OK, my 5 minute rest is over. Time to do the dishes!
Unread 05-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Phase I for today is complete. I am home for a few minutes before heading to the college for Phase II (work) then back home to start supper and studying. Supper will be a loaded baked potato, salad, tomato basil soup and pan grilled chicken. This is my last week of school and lots of studying needs to be going on. I have a project due also so work on that as well.

It sounds like everyone is having a good start to their May. Back later to chat.
luvtostampstampstamp likes this post.
Unread 05-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #22
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

So far: Checked bank account
Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher
Gave Eden a bath
Registered for library events
Talked to a friend
Checked box sizes for packages to mail this week
Mixed up homemade graham crackers

TDD:
Work on blanket while nursing
Roll out cookies
Lunch

Gallery Blog

Generosity isn't really generous if it isn't sacrificial. - Shannan Martin
Unread 05-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #23
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hi all, I am home from our girls weekend. We put together 20 albums for the boys. She had tons of layouts she never put into books. It was crazy. There was lots of tears and laughing and just remembering. I came home exhausted. I have some of her things I'm putting up for sale here and if they don't go we will try to yard sale them. The proceeds will go into the college fund for her boys. I'm not sure I should add that to the thread or not. Your thoughts?

Today I am getting my closets ready for the rug guy to come tomorrow. While I'm at it, I'm going to purge my shoes. I have shoes that I used to wear for work and haven't worked since 2005!

I also ate crazy bad over the weekend, so I need to purge myself as well. So I made some chicken bean soup.

I have already done the laundry, cleaned the fridge and put a few items up for sale.
pcousins13 likes this post.
Unread 05-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon. We are I'm corner brook. Eyes all tested. Both kids are good and don't need glasses. Brent stayed the same. Mine got a little worse. New glasses are ordered.

Waiting for Brent to come out of Motor Registration so we could do the shopping we need to do and go home!
Unread 05-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #25
luvstochatchatCHAT

Home again and settled into nap I hope. He didn't get much running around time this morning so I though he was tired and it was time for nap, I don't feel like he burned off enough energy to really slee fitfully. We'll see! It was a lot of carseat time. Went to story time. Then back into our main town to meet a friend at her work to pick up some tops she picked up for me in the city over the weekend. Stopped first to get her a hot coffee treat! She was so pleased and that made me happy to perk up someone's Monday! Gave her a May basket too!

We have all our baskets delivered for the day. We meet a friend and her little girl tomorrow and will have one for them too.

Time to make an 80th birthday card for my uncle. Also want to check in with my lists for creativity and to dos for the month. Yay for May!
Unread 05-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #26
luvstochatchatCHAT

fix one May basket
print off quote for typewriter
make uncle's card
Unread 05-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #27
luvstochatchatCHAT

DD1 told me it's Grandparent's Day this Friday. But that's in September. Why do the schools celebrate it in May I wonder?
Unread 05-01-2017, 11:27 AM   #28
Gabfest Goddess

Good afternoon ladies. It's a rainy thunderstormy day here. Also under tornado watch.

Morning Routine
make bed
take pills
eat breakfast
sw&sw
bt&mw&f
empty dishwasher
Afternoon Routine
eat lunch
64oz H2O
steps
5min workout
Weeklies & Other To Do's
call for reservation
weed beds 0/7
wipe stairs
litter box
sweep

catch up on bullet journaling
balance med cb
reusable bags into car
order lids
Evening Routine
make dinner family dinner
fill and run dishwasher
counters
sink
prep for tomorrow
Crafty Stuff
start baby afghan 8 rows done
read pattern for baby vest

Last edited by split-pea; 05-01-2017 at 02:30 PM..
Unread 05-01-2017, 11:37 AM   #29
luvstochatchatCHAT

Off to make the card. I love it when an personalized idea pops into my head as I get to work. Just remembered he used to be a personal pilot for his boss when he was working! Remembered I have a TCP set with a cat flying the airplane! Yay!
Unread 05-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #30
luvstochatchatCHAT

A little studio clean-up and now I remembered I wanted to make a gift tag for a friend's little gift.
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

We've been back from Corner Brook for about an hour. Everything is put away and we are getting ready for bed. We didn't see any wild animals on our trip, which is good! There are too many moose-vehicle accidents to be disappointed about not seeing one.
Unread 05-01-2017, 04:28 PM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies, Whew we have had some wicked weather this afternoon. At 5:30 or so we were put under a tornado warning until 6:15. I was a bit concerned because my dd2 was on her way home from my dad's and that was the way the weather was coming from. Things like that make me a bit nervous. Our little county had a EF3 tornado killing 2 people 10 years ago. We were on the way to a conference and turned around to come back home because my kiddos, while teanagers, were home and I NEEDED to be there. The damage was remarkable. I don't know how you ladies who live in tornado alley do it.

At about 7 I was finally able to start cooking supper. We wound up having chicken with loaded baked potatoes and apple sauce. I bought the pre-cooked chicken last night. So after we finished tonight's meal I deboned adn deskinned the chicken and put the bones and skin in a pot to make stock out of. Tomorrow night I'll make chicken with noodles and peas. I've washed dishes and gathered garbage. Once I get finished with the bones and skin I'll put the unusable parts in the garbage. Shower time soon and pull my clothes for tomorrow.
Unread 05-01-2017, 04:43 PM   #33
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

We are having a tornado warning now. But I think it expires in 15 minutes and it didn't even rain. Then just severe thunderstorms until midnight.

I cleaned my master closet floor. Ed secured all his belongings that needed to be for tomorrow.

Dinner finished, need to empty top shelf of dishwasher and I'm done for today.
Unread 05-01-2017, 05:39 PM   #34

Glad you are safe, Donna!! I don't like tornado warnings either!!
Unread 05-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #35
luvstochatchatCHAT

Ugh, that's one adjustment I haven't gotten used to...tornadoes. We're not necesarily in the alley, but we've had our share...the year I was expecting Phebe, there was one that went through about 1 mile from us. We hustled to the basment and heard the sirens going off....

Winding down for bed now. It was a lovely day...so good to bring joy to others especially when you find out after they had some drama going on. Whew!
Unread 05-02-2017, 02:52 AM   #36
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Good morning!

We went to a high school awards ceremony last night. It was interesting to see. By the time that finished & we ate dinner, the evening was over!

Dinner for tonight has been decided. I need to make a card today. And get another one in the mail. And see if the library has a couple of books.
luvtostampstampstamp and T. Joy like this post.
Unread 05-02-2017, 03:37 AM   #37
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning! Another dreary one here it looks like, but there's plenty to be doing inside. Need to run to town for mulch and meeting a friend a the park. Hopefully the breeze dies down a bit and maybe the sun could come out for a tiny bit??

Track meet tonight too and I really want it to be nice out, but it looks like it's going to be like the last one we went too....ugh!! Such is life! Taco Soup for the crockpot for dinner. Will make up some cornbread too.
Unread 05-02-2017, 04:40 AM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

Ugg....tornados....I'm so glad we don't have those in Newfoundland. I hope you guys are all safe.
Unread 05-02-2017, 04:44 AM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been procrastinating for the past 1.5 hours. I need to make a list.

Today's List
Kitchen
Clean the table
Clean the small counter
Clean the stovetop
Clean the big counter
Clean the messy counter
Wash handwash dishes
Clean the high counter
Unload dishwasher
Reload dishwasher
Sweep
Mop

Living Room
Put away clean laundry
Tidy end tables
Sweep
Mop

Entrance
Put away coats
Put away shoes
Wipe ledge/boot cabinet

Sweep
Mop

Laundry
Mop heads
Towels
Blankets
Sheets

Last edited by pcousins13; 05-02-2017 at 04:49 AM..
Unread 05-02-2017, 04:51 AM   #40
Stazon Splitcoast

Brrr! It's chilly here this morning. I think I should go light a fire in the furnace.
Closed Thread