Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 08:06 PM   #1
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Default June 2018 ~ Daily Fluttering & Chatting

Hey Peeps!!! Welcome to June!!!

Flylady's Habit of the month is: Drinking water

Flylady Zones:
June 1-2: The Entrance, Front Porch & Dining Room
June 4-9: Kitchen, Pantry
June 11-16: The Main Bathroom & One Extra Room
June 18-23: Master Bedroom, Bath, Closet
June 25-30: The Living Room, Den, Family Room

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. Maya Angelou

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
fl_beachbum and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:30 AM   #2
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

Rise & shine! Tis a great new day!

Tis friYAY June 1.

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

Join me for two brand spanking NEW SCS Challenges. Life in Pockets - PKP011 - every 1st and 3rd Wednesday. Word Of The Year - WOTY003 - monthly challenge you to get creative with your word.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:31 AM   #3
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Itís National Donut Day
Old 06-01-2018, 02:54 AM   #4
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
Itís National Donut Day

I "do not" plan to leave the house today!

How's that for a play on the word!!!!

Don I'm sure will get his at Kwik Trip when he gets gasoline this morning.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:06 AM   #5
Proud Fan Club Member

Unique plan, as always...

chicken broth
snickersalad
puppy chow
M&Ms
apron
table
15-minutes stamp room
8:30 AM Diane and Em
cut Di's bangs
9:30 D&E leave with S&PC
10 Joanne
talk and make cards
12:30 grilled cheese
talk and make more cards
5 J leaves
plan for tomorrow

Supper-grilled cheese for Don
Old 06-01-2018, 04:44 AM   #6
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Itís National Donut Day

Yep, it sure is!! A friend and I are meeting with our littles at a farm that makes apple cider donuts every fall. They are celebrating the day by breaking out and making them TODAY!! Then we'll hit a local playground for play time.
fl_beachbum likes this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:45 AM   #7
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayeMakesCards View Post
I "do not" plan to leave the house today!

How's that for a play on the word!!!!

Don I'm sure will get his at Kwik Trip when he gets gasoline this morning.

Do you have to get a drink to get the free donut? I won't drink mediocre coffee to get a free donut like Dunkin' Donuts wants!!!
Old 06-01-2018, 04:47 AM   #8
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning! Happy JuneJulyAugust! That's what summer always feels like anyway! Whoosh and it's gone! . DD2 has her 1/2 day and is DONE! Warm fuzzier in this momma's heart. I love having her home more! . We got Pioneer Woman's summer magazine issue for cooking inspiration for her last evening!

Better scoot! Littles are still sleeping and I need to get a few things done. DH brought home a 2016 F150 yesterday! And he rode his bike to work today so guess who is taking the truck today!!! . This truck lovin' girl! . The littles will be so excited!

Happy day!
Old 06-01-2018, 04:49 AM   #9
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstamp View Post
Do you have to get a drink to get the free donut? I won't drink mediocre coffee to get a free donut like Dunkin' Donuts wants!!!
No, he got an e-coupon...

Some people like Dunkin' Donuts coffee...

Some people like Folger's...

Some people don't drink coffee...

I fall into the last category...
Old 06-01-2018, 04:50 AM   #10
Die Cut Diva

Happy Friday and soon to be Saturday and long weekend here...still it's a long weekend every week for me...sorry to those who still work

I like donuts and they like my hips so I do-not eat them....not much Faye, I'm on your roll today and in a cheeky mood.

Spent the past 10 mins catching up on all your news from yesterday which now is overtaken by today's news.

Faye you are spot on about Amazon International and thank you Adriana for finding the article and sharing it. The main thing is that Amazon Australia only has one site, which only opened this year for items other than books/electrical, and craft items are far and few between. I did purchase some stamps and with shipping they only cost me $20 AUD recently so that was good but I think they are made in China and are knock-offs and maybe won't be good quality but hey, I can live with that.

My main gripe is that if I buy here, which I usually try and do to support local businesses is that they buy from the US, add on their profit and the same item I can get from Amazon US costs me triple here. I can buy a huge shipment, including paper from Amazon US and even with shipping is far less than buying all of the items here. It comes down to the bottom line for me and it's the case with everything..... shoes, clothes (although not so much now), but we pay so much more than in the US and Europe. We ship our wool out to China, India or the Phillipines and we pay top $$ for items sent back. The Aussie Govt also wants to protect the retailers who made a big fuss about Aussies buying from overseas but they do too.

Sorry, I am not happy about this and feel that my democratic right to do as I wish has gone. I understand the tax issue but will the monies gained...if they can decide on how to administer it which is the current topic.....be used for public services or will they be used to help the deficit which the last Govt increased. Off my soap box now and will sulk in my craft room when I see something in the US I would like. I am hoping its just Amazon and not all US companies I buy from....see I am helping your economy LOL.....trust me...I'm helping it big time

Now where was I now I've kicked my soapbox away LOL....oh yep today has been a productive paper bashing day. All done, dusted and I finally finished the LO I had to put on the back burner yesterday due to my dodgy knee.

Visited our local pharmacy (who I do support a lot), took hubby to Drs...well he drove so I guess he took himself (something else he has meds for - guess he is high maintenance too LOL), back home prepared dinner which was yummy if I don't say myself...lamb casserole with mint and perfect for a cool night - now in my jimjams checking out threads before we cuddle up and watch another of our shows.

Tomorrow...out for brunch..yep I do a lot of these with friends LOL - and we have a 50th wedding anniversary to go to - sundowner snacks/drinks but I'm being good at present and not drinking (only water)...and only snacking on my usual choccie . Just realised I need a pressie for that - add to my list.

DIL1 still not been in touch so guess I've really peed her off - oh dear but she sometimes goes into her shell so I will leave her to stew until we catch up next week. Also may have put my full size 8s on again as I wrote to son1 today on a few topics. He is home on Monday so I may not hear from him either. Hubby says sometimes its best to just think and not say but it wouldn't be me ...I then end up stewing

Other than this I've had a good day but definitely need to drink more water so Misti's tip for June is excellent for me as I am slightly worried I may have a UTI coming.......which I hope I'm wrong about as the last biggie I got I ended up in hospital for 8 days and nearly saw the pearly gates with pneumonia and septicaemia. So on that note ladies, I am off to get a huge glass of water.

Enjoy your 1st day of June and as we say...pinch, punch, 1st of the month
Old 06-01-2018, 04:56 AM   #11
Die Cut Diva

Just realised...you only have to put up with me another month ....well until I'm back or if I check in

I do like coffee but mainly drink green tea or water....well until about 6 months ago and then I started back on the coffee and the past month haven't drunk much green tea...not sure why that is as I love it and have a cupboard full of different teas...and water...well does hot water count...guess it does. I can only drink cold water when it's so hot you sizzle...like a snagger on the Barbie....son3 says we should only drink room temperature water...mmmm...

I also missed our poppets this week, although we did see them on Monday....something about their unconditional love just gives me warm fuzzies
Old 06-01-2018, 04:58 AM   #12
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Grandma at-the-Lake Bars

Rebekah here is the recipe you requested.

1 cup peanut butter (we use creamy)
1 cup soft butter (2 sticks)
1 sleeve Graham Crackers, crushed (We use 11 full crackers which is now more than 1 of the sleeves of crackers)
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Cream peanut butter and butter together, mix in crushed graham crackers then powdered sugar. Press into 9x13 Paprika Tupperware. (You can omit the Paprika, that is what Grandma had and the grands all think it is what makes Grandma's extra special) Chill.

In medium pan on stove boil for one minute:
3 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
Remove from heat and add 1 cup chocolate chips. Beat this with a rubber spatula until smooth and creamy.

Spread on top of peanut butter mixture. Chill.

Grandma taught the grands to separate the chocolate from their piece and then to make snowmen with their peanut butter!
luvtostampstampstamp likes this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:21 AM   #13
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
No, he got an e-coupon...

Some people like Dunkin' Donuts coffee...

Some people like Folger's...

Some people don't drink coffee...

I fall into the last category...

I think I did too! I just assumed I had to buy a drink and I don't drink there! Whew, people sure pour outta' that place with big ol' slurpies and such.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:22 AM   #14
luvstochatchatCHAT

Thank you for sharing Faye! Sounds very familiar to another recipe I've made! Yay!
Old 06-01-2018, 05:28 AM   #15
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Penny Marie loved doughnuts. And she KNEW what doughnuts were. Say the word and she was right there wagging her whole back end. What a dog. So we started calling them do-nuts. Pretty soon she figured out what do-nuts were too.

Join me for two brand spanking NEW SCS Challenges. Life in Pockets - PKP011 - every 1st and 3rd Wednesday. Word Of The Year - WOTY003 - monthly challenge you to get creative with your word.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
FayeMakesCards and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:33 AM   #16
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpom View Post
Happy Friday and soon to be Saturday and long weekend here...still it's a long weekend every week for me...sorry to those who still work

I like donuts and they like my hips so I do-not eat them....not much Faye, I'm on your roll today and in a cheeky mood.

Spent the past 10 mins catching up on all your news from yesterday which now is overtaken by today's news.

Faye you are spot on about Amazon International and thank you Adriana for finding the article and sharing it. The main thing is that Amazon Australia only has one site, which only opened this year for items other than books/electrical, and craft items are far and few between. I did purchase some stamps and with shipping they only cost me $20 AUD recently so that was good but I think they are made in China and are knock-offs and maybe won't be good quality but hey, I can live with that.

My main gripe is that if I buy here, which I usually try and do to support local businesses is that they buy from the US, add on their profit and the same item I can get from Amazon US costs me triple here. I can buy a huge shipment, including paper from Amazon US and even with shipping is far less than buying all of the items here. It comes down to the bottom line for me and it's the case with everything..... shoes, clothes (although not so much now), but we pay so much more than in the US and Europe. We ship our wool out to China, India or the Phillipines and we pay top $$ for items sent back. The Aussie Govt also wants to protect the retailers who made a big fuss about Aussies buying from overseas but they do too.

Sorry, I am not happy about this and feel that my democratic right to do as I wish has gone. I understand the tax issue but will the monies gained...if they can decide on how to administer it which is the current topic.....be used for public services or will they be used to help the deficit which the last Govt increased. Off my soap box now and will sulk in my craft room when I see something in the US I would like. I am hoping its just Amazon and not all US companies I buy from....see I am helping your economy LOL.....trust me...I'm helping it big time

Now where was I now I've kicked my soapbox away LOL....oh yep today has been a productive paper bashing day. All done, dusted and I finally finished the LO I had to put on the back burner yesterday due to my dodgy knee.

Visited our local pharmacy (who I do support a lot), took hubby to Drs...well he drove so I guess he took himself (something else he has meds for - guess he is high maintenance too LOL), back home prepared dinner which was yummy if I don't say myself...lamb casserole with mint and perfect for a cool night - now in my jimjams checking out threads before we cuddle up and watch another of our shows.

Tomorrow...out for brunch..yep I do a lot of these with friends LOL - and we have a 50th wedding anniversary to go to - sundowner snacks/drinks but I'm being good at present and not drinking (only water)...and only snacking on my usual choccie . Just realised I need a pressie for that - add to my list.

DIL1 still not been in touch so guess I've really peed her off - oh dear but she sometimes goes into her shell so I will leave her to stew until we catch up next week. Also may have put my full size 8s on again as I wrote to son1 today on a few topics. He is home on Monday so I may not hear from him either. Hubby says sometimes its best to just think and not say but it wouldn't be me ...I then end up stewing

Other than this I've had a good day but definitely need to drink more water so Misti's tip for June is excellent for me as I am slightly worried I may have a UTI coming.......which I hope I'm wrong about as the last biggie I got I ended up in hospital for 8 days and nearly saw the pearly gates with pneumonia and septicaemia. So on that note ladies, I am off to get a huge glass of water.

Enjoy your 1st day of June and as we say...pinch, punch, 1st of the month

(shoving a big Pizza Hut tumbler of water your way)

Drink up!

I'm doing OK on water. I can do better at times.

The A-Team.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:39 AM   #17
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstamp View Post
I think I did too! I just assumed I had to buy a drink and I don't drink there! Whew, people sure pour outta' that place with big ol' slurpies and such.
I wasn't wanting to sound "cheeky" when I posted that...just a reminder that not all people like the same taste...and not all people can afford what others can afford.

Recently I was reminded about that concerning eggs...I like the flavor of farm fresh eggs but I will not pay the price for farm fresh eggs that are going into any baked item...

I will pay the price for eating scrambled or basted medium eggs...

Otherwise store bought (KT) eggs are good enough!

I fear the day I get old and my children feed me...I will probably be served coffee, cauliflower, broccoli, and everything else I don't like...
Old 06-01-2018, 05:40 AM   #18
Die Cut Diva

I didn't drink the water but have just had a sip and brought a huge mug into the study with me. Hubby has gone to bed as his rash is now nearly all over his body so I'm keeping away from him...he's one big itch...eek. The Dr says not from the flu jab or his meds so very strange. I can see another visit to the Docs tomorrow coming on.

Sipping, sipping...and I think I'll go and have a FB hit and then hit the sack. Nitey nite everyone...
Old 06-01-2018, 05:41 AM   #19
Proud Fan Club Member

Tried to skimp on the snickers in the snickersalad...decided that I just can't do that...

Foods are made for Em...now to clean the kitchen because I am certain Em does not plan to do that when she gets here!

They are late, that is good.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:20 AM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning yíall.
We decided to come out to the rv. We have to drive to the house today to check on framers. Hopefully they will be done and we can pay them off and come back. We will come back either way.😉

"Freely you have received; freely give" Matt 10:8
Old 06-01-2018, 06:53 AM   #21
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Jayne - I agree with you regarding governments do things. Maybe they help someone but usually not the consumer. And as far as your husband and how is body is reacting… I have a hard time believing it is not the vaccine. *This is me, trying REALLY hard not to get on that soap box*

Misti, thanks again for the month's list. I'm writing it on a note card to stick on the fridge. Thank you!

TDD
go through purses to donate
load car with items for rummage sale
trim tomato plants

things to avoid today:
donut day celebrations
soap boxes
putting anything in the new sink - it needs to "set"
FayeMakesCards and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:59 AM   #22
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_beachbum View Post

things to avoid today:
donut day celebrations
soap boxes

You and me together...I might take more space than you but I think I can have fun when I'm with others even if the setting is new to me...(insert nervous nellie)
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:01 AM   #23
Proud Fan Club Member

Diane is gone, Joanne is not here yet...

I'm eating too much while I wait...I do much better on days that are just me...

Heading to the stamp room because I do have a mess in there on the table I use...the table for Joanne is clean...

Think I'll take some hot water with me...to drink, not to live in...
Old 06-01-2018, 07:02 AM   #24
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

My scale reminded me again today that Iím making too much progress to eat a donut. I donít enjoy them, so if I want to eat the calories, I want it to be something I really enjoy.

Todayís list:
PO
See if I can find shorts for Dylan
Load of laundryó sheets
Card
Pay bills
Old 06-01-2018, 09:51 AM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Iíd love a donut!!!! But, Iím suffering from stomach pain. Diffusing peppermint, sipping cammomile. Gonna take a gas x hoping something will bring me relief!!!!

"Freely you have received; freely give" Matt 10:8
Old 06-01-2018, 10:38 AM   #26
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

We are out for summer! Made it to picnics and everyone is home!
Old 06-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #27

Okay, let's see. The house is a WRECK. I was gone all day today and yesterday, plus a TON of stuff has come home in the last two days.

I need to pay the verizon bill and check that the scheduled payments went through. I need to figure out what's for supper. I need to bring back my friend's fan now that our air works. I need to decide if we're getting donuts and where. (Thinking Maholo's Mini Donuts or just grabbing some at Hyvee. If we even do it.)

I need to enter the rest of the school supply forms, find out how to contact the treasurer, and check in with the online orders.

TDD:
15 min putting things away on the counter
Take out recycling
Enter orders

Gallery Blog

Generosity isn't really generous if it isn't sacrificial. - Shannan Martin
Old 06-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #28

Finally got that stuff done, lol!

Next:
Check recipe to decide what's for dinner
Unpack one of the kids' school bags
Pay Verizon

Gallery Blog

Old 06-01-2018, 03:10 PM   #29

Moving so slowly today.

Unpack another bag
Living room rescue
Kitchen rescue

Gallery Blog

Old 06-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #30
Proud Fan Club Member

Laundry is on the table, socks need mating...I hate mating socks.

Dishes need washing but I have to put away dry dishes from the drainer first...

Life is a process.

Checking Verve's website...do I or don't I?

I'll ponder that question while I wash dishes...because I hate mating socks!
Old 06-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #31
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Checking Verve's website...do I or don't I?
Some of the stamps are selling out fast... if you are, do it quickly!
Old 06-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #32
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Some of the stamps are selling out fast... if you are, do it quickly!

See my note on the stamping thread.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #33
Proud Fan Club Member

I had in mind something I wanted to do for tomorrow besides put the invitation in my purse for the open house we are attending!

Can't remember...oh well...going to bed.

The socks are still not sorted...I need one of those pairs for tomorrow so at daybreak...I will find 2 socks for me to wear!
Old 06-01-2018, 07:51 PM   #34
Die Cut Diva

Happy Saturday everyone as by the time you read this it will be....unless some of you are still awake and then it's still Friday evening..just.

My day so far for those who are interested....LOL...washing whilst it's sunny as rain forecast for most of next week....brunch with friend...quick catchup as she has basketball....home and post last LO for May challenge....make food shopping list and once get off here, go shop.

Later.....clean/tidy bathroom/loo.....scrap...and drink lots...water. Write card, wrap pressie and go to 50th wedding anniversary sundowner...thankfully it's indoors

Hubby's rash still there and he's still itching...I also think it's the reaction to the flu jab Adriana even though the Dr says highly unlikely.... but not impossible. No soapboxes for me today either...over them LOL.

My thing to avoid today (I like this category):

Messy bedrooms and drawers....I've spent 10 mins stuffing socks (some with mates and others lonely) back into my drawer which meant the next drawer popped open and when that one was fixed, the bottom drawer did the same and found stuff hanging down the back of the dresser and on the floor. I think the time has come to move this task to the top of my list next week. I'm sure the socks that have no mates and even those who do need a cull...and stockings...and winter tops and jimjams I never wear.

Have a fun weekend...I intend to be lazy...well as much as I can be unless those drawers get the better of me. I like closure.

Dinner....no idea
fl_beachbum and mollymoo951 like this post.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #35
Die Cut Diva

First I thought I would apologise for my soapbox yesterday and will try and leave it where it belongs in future....

Then I just remembered that I wanted to share a beautiful moment with you all....

When driving out of our back lane today I took the shortcut onto a new road that has just opened behind us leading to the main road.....in front of me was the ocean and the sand dunes. The ocean was still and a murky blue/grey colour...just beautiful. It reminded me of how I needed to just be present, accept the beauty in front of me as much as I can. We live so close to this and I take it so much for granted. Soon that view will be blocked by houses. There were no tradies working on the houses being built behind us, no-one around...I felt so much beauty and peace.

I think I will take a walk up there later with hubby....unless he's itching too much...and show him
Old 06-02-2018, 02:46 AM   #36
Proud Fan Club Member

I know where I am going today and I'm going with a fun skip in my body!!!!

Full speed ahead, but no speeding...must set the cruise, that is very important.

Breakfast at a diner hall in-the-wall that makes good food not-fast.

Time with others for a short bit, then others...then just Don and I again...

Happy Saturday...and I will be sat-ting a lot of the day but it is a good thing!
Old 06-02-2018, 03:20 AM   #37
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Happy Saturday everyone!
Jayne, thank you for the reminder to simply be present. I needed the reminder. At present, I'm looking out the window at a bottlebrush tree in our back yard near the spring-fed waterway. This tree almost died where it was originally planted, so hubby replanted it for me closer to the water. It's so full now.

photo from internet, not my yard

Scraperwannabe and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:32 AM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

So pretty, Adriana! Our trees are just starting to get their leaves. And none of my trees are as pretty as that one!
Old 06-02-2018, 05:47 AM   #39
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_beachbum View Post
Happy Saturday everyone!
Jayne, thank you for the reminder to simply be present. I needed the reminder. At present, I'm looking out the window at a bottlebrush tree in our back yard near the spring-fed waterway. This tree almost died where it was originally planted, so hubby replanted it for me closer to the water. It's so full now.

photo from internet, not my yard

Wow this is absolutely beautiful and is like the bottlebrushes we have here. Love it and TFS Happy day
Old 06-02-2018, 05:54 AM   #40
Die Cut Diva

I did take hubby for a walk to enjoy the view....such a beautiful day and definitely 20 degrees outside. I stood in our backyard with my eyes closed for about 15 mins feeling the sun on my back....it was wonderful and so peaceful. Love moments such as those.

We have just arrived back home from our friends 50th wedding anniversary sundowner which was fun....lots of laughs around the group of how everyone met and honeymoon tales. Hubby was definitely outnumbered as everyone was a Pom LOL.

Just having my fix and time for bed. The good news is that hubby's itch and rash has improved since he took the antihistamine.....very strange.

Happy weekend ladies.
Closed Thread