Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Platinum Partner Company

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHALLENGE - Win free product! Share your organization story

Have you seen a benefit from investing time and money into organizing your craft area? Has it made it easier for you to be creative and maybe even helped improve your skill and inventiveness? When inspiration strikes are you able to quickly build a card or scrapbook page because you're not spending your time hunting for the supplies?

It really is amazing how much more fun it is to work in your area when everything is easy to find and within reach.

We want to hear your craft organization story! How has getting organized improved your crafting and creativity?

There are two ways to enter, and two prizes will be awarded! Entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday, July 6th. We will review the entries and announce the winner on Friday, July 11th.

Video Contest
Video entries will be considered for our grand prize of the four items pictured below (sorry, supplies not included):

Lock Down Punch Holder (Standard Size)
Marker Nook
Medium Steel Wafer Die Tote
Medium Embossing Folder Tote

HOW TO ENTER: Tell us your story in a short video (1-2 minutes). You can show us your studio, but we want to see YOU! Upload it to YouTube and post a link in the comments below. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected].

Essay Contest
Written entries will be considered for our first place prize of any two of the four items shown in the picture above.

HOW TO ENTER: Tell us your story in a short note (up to 150 words). Include a picture or two if you'd like. Post your entry in the comments below. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected]

JUDGING: For both types of entries we'll be judging first based on your story, but we'll also be judging based on how well you tell your story through the video or the writing.

THE FINE PRINT:
- Submissions become the property of Stamp-n-Storage and may be used as appropriate in our promotional activities.
- A winner outside the continuous 48 United States will be responsible for shipping costs (typically $40-70).

Visit our Splitcoaststampers Gallery

Last edited by stamp_momma; 07-06-2014 at 06:11 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Cardstock Collector

Smile storage gift

Hi,
I started stamping with a request from a friend to make her wedding invitations. Well that was the start, and I haven't stopped. Been stamping, making cards for over 12 years. Of course, upon seeing the catalogs, I was smitten, and started my new hobby. I must admit this hobby may be consider an addiction by some. My sweet husband could see that I was enjoying this new hobby, and could see my supply of stamp set starting to mount. He spent several hours looking for a solution for the stamps. Well, he found it, on ebay. Someone was selling an old "map" cabinet. It is gray metal, with 12 drawers 3" x 27" long. It holds a stamp set very nicely. Yes, I have it completely filled, however, I have my Christmas stamp sets in another container. So you see, I have over 200 stamp sets plus several indidivual stamps received as gifts or purchase separately.

What was so sweet of him, he did not tell me he had gotten the cabinet. It was in Chicago, and he was going there to pick it up. His plan was to go to see his son, and due to my health I was not able to go. I had no idea the main reason for the trip was to obtain the cabinet for me. Upon his return, I heard my neighbor talking with him, and they carried in this large cabinet. I was totally surprised with this wonderful gift. I now have my own craft room, and have used this cabinet daily, and have re-arranged it several times, making room for new stamp sets. I am enjoying making cards, and I keep looking for better & easy solutions for all the "goodies" that go with stamping. I have MS and this hobby has given me an excellent opportunity to do something I enjoy, and also share it others. I send out cards to family and friends for all the "occasions". I enjoy seeing all the ideas that come from you. Sincerely, Judy Adams:

Last edited by lovestodace; 06-27-2014 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Cardstock Collector

Thank You for this opportunity to tell a small part of my life.
Cardstock Collector

Heart lost

hope to win
Cardstock Collector

I am so excited to start my StampnStorage collection. I consider myself an avid crafter. I call my craft space "The Hive". This summer has been so awesome because I am a busy little bee organizing my space. Everything is now within arms length and I am inspired to craft again. THANK YOU!!!
Matboard Maniac

I am not sure I will ever be "organized". However, I can tell you that when I rearrange things, I get inspired to create cards and scrap pages. For example, while unmounting over 200 stamp sets and putting them on cling foam, I rediscovered stamp sets that I LOVED and just had to make a few (dozen) cards... and also check out samples on line of cards with using those sets. The best thing is that now I can find each set and instead of being crammed into a closet, they reside in DVD cases (multiple sets in a case) on 3 small shelves. I never thought "organizing" would be a launch for creativity...
Pearl-ExPert

when I started stamping I had a very small desk, little by little I made changes. When I saw the ink pad holder, I loved it and after a few months I was able to get it. I had 40 of the MFT inks but i always used only the same inks that came to my mind, now can see all of them together and I experiment with different colors. This desk from Ikea is awesome as it gives me lots of room to work and now a card that took me an hour to two has been cut down as I can find what I want and also organize accordingly, now I am hoping I can get my distress inks and my dies organized in the future.
here is a pic
organization by Zehra - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Organizing my Stamp and Craft room

I have pondered over how to better organize my craft room and it wasn't until I viewed the winning craft reorganization entries on Stamp and Storage that the organizing bug bit me. I ordered several of the dies boxes and magnetic sheets. Now my dies are all in one place and easy to find next I purchased two stamp pad holders. I did a clean sweep of all my supplies that I had been hoarding for over 20 years. One huge craft garage sale later and my room is now organized uncluttered and a thrill to work in with everything within arms reach. Thank you Stamp and Storage for the inspiration. Ann Lind

These are all great stories - keep them coming! Thank you!

Congratulations to pkbb - You're the winner of our essay contest! Please choose the two items you'd like from the picture above and email us: [email protected].

Thank you all for your inspiring entries!

Matboard Maniac

Wow! That is so exciting!
The lockdown punch holder would be great to have. I can just see me smiling in front of it when I know that all the punches I have are readily seen (and found...):-)
Kookie Creator

Congrats!