Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #41  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cainpView Post
Wood mounted rubber stamps. I have tons and tons of them. I love them, and I don't want to take them off the wood. But my house is small and I have a real problem with storage! So, its a love-hate relationship with them!
Stampin' Up now has Wood Mounted Stamp DVD Cases available. They are great!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

My biggest issue right now is how to store my thin dies. I know what I want - all of them on hard rigid slabs with magnetic covering and the slabs to fit inside a container with a little wiggle space. I want to be able to flip through all the slabs to find the die I want. I have tons of dies from MFT, PTI, Cheery Lynn Designs, Memory Box, Poppystamps, Spellbinders, etc.......... I'm gonna need like 5 boxes with magnetic slabs just to hold all these! :-)

Splitcoast Platinum Partner Company

Lydia - I DO understand what you mean. Actually, your post is a pretty good summary of our design philosophy. It should look like a system, like it's all MEANT to work together.

Holly - Excellent suggestion, and similar to what I've been thinking for thin dies. We'll be working on it!

Visit our Splitcoaststampers Gallery
Rubber Obsessor

I am reliant on storage solutions on freecycle, due to being unable to work and quite honestly, it's not the most useful storage. My clear stamps are in piles in a box, my wooden based stamps are in boxes, but in a suitable box for them. Inkpads are in a drawer, but because of my previous storage most of them seem to have dried out. :( Ribbons I've fashioned my own storage, stuck holes in the plastic zip up bag that had my old hairdryer and curler in, though I don't have enough space (or enough ribbons). I've had to buy concertina files for plain paper and card, and patterned A4 is in plastic wallets. It's all things that I can get extra cheap to be honest.

One day though, I shall have the money to buy EVERYTHING that I want! ;)
Crimping Master

Currently my biggest problem storage wise would have to be my stamps.

I removed my stamps from their wood blocks a while ago. And am currently storing them in CD cases.

The problem I'm having with this is that some of my stamp sets were rather large. Much larger then fits into a single CD case in fact. Which is the problem.

Also I have some acrylic stamp sets that are on those cling sheets. And so they don't fit in the same space with my stamps that are in CD cases. So right now they're on opposite ends of my craft space.

Life would be a lot better if my stamps could all be in the same section of my craft room.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breila_CardsView Post
I am reliant on storage solutions on freecycle, due to being unable to work and quite honestly, it's not the most useful storage. My clear stamps are in piles in a box, my wooden based stamps are in boxes, but in a suitable box for them. Ink pads are in a drawer, but because of my previous storage most of them seem to have dried out. :( Ribbons I've fashioned my own storage, stuck holes in the plastic zip up bag that had my old hairdryer and curler in, though I don't have enough space (or enough ribbons). I've had to buy concertina files for plain paper and card, and patterned A4 is in plastic wallets. It's all things that I can get extra cheap to be honest.

One day though, I shall have the money to buy EVERYTHING that I want! ;)
Don't feel bad!! I have no dedicated stamping room. I stamp at my dinette table. My paper cutters, Cuttlebug and plates and Xryon are stored in my end tables. My stamps, embellishments and small tools are in black photo boxes on my book case. My punches are under my bed and my card stock is in a rolling cart in my closet . My copics are on my front hall closet shelf. I have two sets of Iris drawer carts that hold rubber stamps, ink pads and other stuff. Those are in my dinette area.

I need to gather all my gear to make a card and I still enjoy doing it . It is the process of stamping and making cards that gives me pleasure. I can work around the storage challenge.

Freecycling is a great way to go! At Stamp-n-Storage one of our values is stewardship; getting the most use out of what you have available. For us that means wasting as little material as possible, and using our customer's space as efficiently as possible.

It's great to hear from folks who are finding very creative ways to enjoy paper crafting!

Rubber Obsessor

Good value to have, kudos to you. Storage, for me anyway, needs to be versatile, and able to use as much space as possible. Like your shelves, for example, they could go in cupboards, and make the most use of the cupboard space that is so often just wasted.
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm beginning to retain quite a collection of embossing folders .... All sizes. Right now I have them categorized by theme on my Simply Rene Clip it Up, but I can see that not lasting long as my collection grows. It's always a hassle to flip through each one to find the one I want. I recently saw on YouTube a lady that cut 3x5 tags from Coredinations paper and embossed them, labeled on the back side and the folder. Trying that method now and may switch from theme to something else (manufacturer??), I don't know. Any other ideas are welcomed.
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeezieView Post
I'm beginning to retain quite a collection of embossing folders .... All sizes. Right now I have them categorized by theme on my Simply Rene Clip it Up, but I can see that not lasting long as my collection grows. It's always a hassle to flip through each one to find the one I want. I recently saw on YouTube a lady that cut 3x5 tags from Coredinations paper and embossed them, labeled on the back side and the folder. Trying that method now and may switch from theme to something else (manufacturer??), I don't know. Any other ideas are welcomed.
I just recently went to Bed Bath & Beyond and found a cloth like bin in the hanger/jewelry storage area that is beige & white stripe. It is the perfect width for the embossing folders. In the upper right hand corner of each one is the name of the folder. I have a label maker and use red on white for the Stampin' Up and Black on white for all others. I put all of my Stampin' Up folders in the front and any other ones are behind. The small embossing folders are in a Stampin Up case (labelled) and divide the two sections. They sit on the table next to my Big Shot. This system works perfect for me. Hope this helps
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeezieView Post
Having 30 myself I feel your pain.
I bought a Sterlite Greeting card box that came with 5 plastic dividers that sit in grooves and it has a handle on the top. I bought naively thinking I would put my handmade cards in there....well, I make more than that box could store!
So I reinvented it by storing my embossing folders in it. it is tall enough to fit the tall folders as well. I write the names of the folders on the edge with the fold and stand them up side by side in their sections. I keep the edge embossers and the ATC folders in a zippered pencil bag in the back of the box. I've divided it into Tim Holtz/Alterations, Stampin' Up!, Darice, Cuttlebug and miscellaneous. I tried subjects over designers but too many subjects, not enough dividers!
I hope this gets your mind whirling.
Rubber Obsessor

Heart Maybe this will help

Quote:

Originally Posted by debdebView Post
I bought shelves for my craft space thinking they were gonna be the place for lots of 6 x 6 paper pads, embellies, and other stuff. I am disappointed that they just don't support enough weight to hold anything of substance. And all that stuff is ON THE FLOOR. :(

I wish I had gotten cabinets, or cubes or something that would really hold things!
You should put more supports under your shelves. I had hubby put a shelf support into each stud on the wall (My shelf runs one full wall above my work desk and there is another shelf above it), plus use a few Bulldog anchors for more supports in between if your stuff is that heavy.
Personally, I have been combing Craigs List for some free cabinets. My hubby's secretary recently re-did her kitchen and when I asked what she did with her old cabinets she said she had to pay someone to take them away!!! :shock: I nearly fainted! Such a waste.
Cardstock Collector

I have a lot of wood mounted stamps and I store them in the frames from Hobby Lobby. They're just a piece of cardboard in them. The size I use are 11x14. They are never on sale and if you use your 40% off coupon you can get them for about $4. They're called Archivers if that helps. I also have used the plastic drawers (storage). If you need to stamp and clean them you can use those scrubbies they use for painting. They're found in the paint dept. and they fit great inside a lid from old meat containers. (Budig or John Moreal). I can't think of the proper name for the stamp cleaners right now but I have used them and when they don't come clean anymore just toss em.
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp-n-StorageView Post
All - great discussion AND some real challenges.

Deb - I feel your pain! I recently had to use some steel angle brackets to reinforce a shelf my wife uses for paper storage because the shelf had warped so much. How much 6x6 do you have? Is there a real need for 6x6 storage separate from 12x12?

Lydia & Kirsty - Animal proofing? Who knew! That opens up a whole world of challenges.

Wood mounted stamp storage is a common request. What do you think about having shallow drawers that they could lay down in? The drawer could be about the size of a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper, so plenty of area to set the stamps, and you could label the drawer with a helpful/descriptive phrase. The drawers could be in a cabinet with 10 or 12 drawers. What do you think?
This sounds absolutely wonderful -- the wood-mount stamp storage! Do you know where something like this could be purchased?
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasha728View Post
I like being able to flip thru them to see which one I want. I used to store mine in a drawer but am liking them out on my desk in my basket more. (The basket sits under the desk when I don't need them) They are easier to access and I can see which one is which much easier.
DEFLECTO CORPORATION - Document Browser, Five Sections, Plastic, 8 1/8w x 11 5/8d x 6 3/8h, Black-Brutzman's Office Solutions
My BFF has 3 of these file folder flipper things that she keeps her embossing folders in and she flips through them, but she doesn't have as many as I do (I have ALL of Stampin Up's and many, many more) plus her craft room is 3 times the size of mine.
Rubber Obsessor

Default Try these

Quote:

Originally Posted by cr8ivemeView Post
Currently my biggest problem storage wise would have to be my stamps.

I removed my stamps from their wood blocks a while ago. And am currently storing them in CD cases.

The problem I'm having with this is that some of my stamp sets were rather large. Much larger then fits into a single CD case in fact. Which is the problem.

Also I have some acrylic stamp sets that are on those cling sheets. And so they don't fit in the same space with my stamps that are in CD cases. So right now they're on opposite ends of my craft space.

Life would be a lot better if my stamps could all be in the same section of my craft room.
Try Clear Mount Stamp Cases from Stampin Up!. They are the regular Stampin Up boxes their stamps come in and you can download labels for them.
If you are unfamiliar with Stampin Up, their cling stamps sets come in plastic DVD boxes without the hub in it. Starting this year, all of their wood mount stamps come in full sized and half sized plastic boxes that fit along side of the clear mounts on your shelves. They are wider and will take up the space of 2 of the DVD boxes, but then again they are for wood stamps.
The half sized boxes stack on top of one another easily and these have downloadable labels as well. They all come in sets of 4.
You can see a video of them in action at New Wood-Mount Cases - YouTube
I hope this helps you.
PS, I keep sets of clear stamps in the clear mount boxes as well.

Last edited by Saphyre333; 09-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: added the PS
Rubber Obsessor

Exclamation Sizzix dies torage

Any ideas on how to store them short of buying the carousel system from Sizzix itself?
I have the long thin alphabet dies in an old gift box we got with wine, they fit just perfectly. The Sizzlets, thinlets and Spellbinders are in a binder, which I do not like and have been considering buying these for them, but I would have to buy several packs of them plus self adhesive magnetic sheets - Amazon.com: Super Jewel Box - Rubber Stamp Case / King Size One / Two Jewel Box - 10 Pack: Arts, Crafts & Sewing which are thinner than SU's clear storage cases.
BUT it is the Movers & Shapers (which are now stored in plastic boxes my hubby brought me home for work that held data tapes for the servers), Bigz, Originals, embosslets, score boards and heck, even the Pop-n-cuts dies that I have no idea on how to store. I have no more room for more bookcases.
HELP!!!
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphyre333View Post
Try Clear Mount Stamp Cases from Stampin Up!. They are the regular Stampin Up boxes their stamps come in and you can download labels for them.
If you are unfamiliar with Stampin Up, their cling stamps sets come in plastic DVD boxes without the hub in it. Starting this year, all of their wood mount stamps come in full sized and half sized plastic boxes that fit along side of the clear mounts on your shelves. They are wider and will take up the space of 2 of the DVD boxes, but then again they are for wood stamps.
The half sized boxes stack on top of one another easily and these have downloadable labels as well. They all come in sets of 4.
You can see a video of them in action at YouTube.
I hope this helps you.
PS, I keep sets of clear stamps in the clear mount boxes as well.
I have unmounted all of my SU wood-mounted stamps and have them in CD cases or SU stamp cases. But I have several thousand wood-mounted individual stamps from a myriad of other stamp companies and don't want to take the time or go to the expense of unmounting them. So those are the ones that I'm puzzling over their storage. I used to have them in Iris carts, and then I changed them over to very small shelves on my walls. That was great, cause I could see what I had and was more likely to use them, though SU's are usually my go-to stamps. My stamping area suffered some damage earlier this year and all the shelves had to come down and everything is being re-done. I don't think I want to have a ton of nail holes in my new walls, so I'm not planning on putting the shelves back up. So, do I go back to using Iris carts again? I can't decide!

Thank you for the continued excellent discussion! There are a couple of recurring themes (like embossing folders and wooden stamps) that help us develop some new product ideas. All we need now is the time to work on them!

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

OOO! Since I keep tipping mine over as I reach behind them for a different one, how about those Tattered Angles spray bottles or paint bottles with Gelli Plates being so big right now? Maybe a place to store the gelli plate WITH the paints???
Polyshrink Goddess

Now that I'm getting into art journaling, my latest organizing dilemma involves all the spray inks, bottles of acrylic paint and tubs of pastes I've been accumulating. Right now everything is piled up on one side of my desk. :(
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Reading all this, at least makes me feel better that I am not alone in my disorganization. I have Brett's ink pad, marker and ink refill holder and am very happy with that. But it is the many stamp sets from Stampin Up and other companies wooden stamps that I have that is posing the problem in our small two bedroom apartment. I am thinking of ordering Stufftainers from Stampendous for my many single stamps, but lol, I will need space on a bookshelf to store them and I don't have that. They store in magazine folders they say.

Thanks for this thread,
Shirl
Embossing Fanatic

I am struggling with 12 x 12 paper storage. I've tried all different types of storage and it seems that I keep buying more and using less of what I have.
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Button storage continues to be a challenge. I'm torn between pretty glass jars and functionality.

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Wood mounted stamp storage is a common request. What do you think about having shallow drawers that they could lay down in? The drawer could be about the size of a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper, so plenty of area to set the stamps, and you could label the drawer with a helpful/descriptive phrase. The drawers could be in a cabinet with 10 or 12 drawers. What do you think?
This sounds great - like a cartographer's cabinet but scaled down.

I don't have a huge collection of individual wood-mounted stamps but if I had a good way to store them, I'd be more likely to consider purchasing them. I often see little gems at resale events but don't want them to end up tucked away and forgotten. I would love this solution.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
I still battle ribbon. I can't display my ribbon in a "pretty way" where it can be seen because of two felines that like to try to choke themselves to death on ribbon. So my ribbon has to be under lock and key, or at least a lid. So what that means is it's tossed in three big bins by color but it's a loose, stringy mess and I end up not looking at it or using it.

*heavy sigh*

I need you guys to design a ribbon solution for people who are owned by cats.
I'm in the same boat as you, Lydia, and also have very little "display" space for ribbon anyway.

I found I had stopped using it (also influenced by many rolls of washi tape) but there are times it would be a nice option, so I'm adding ribbon back into my supplies on a small level. If I ever do have spools of ribbon again, I think I would probably try to use this product:

Ribbon Roll Control

My cats may leave it alone if I don't leave ends out, but since I don't have an available surface, or place to hang them, they would probably sit on a shelf in the closet. At least it would look nice when I have it out .
Kookie Creator

Arizona, this is my problem too. I have discovered the wonderful world of art journaling and the supplies have taken over. I was thinking one of the spice racks that set inside your cabinets would work for the bottles of paints. These racks are the ones that look like stair steps.
Matboard Maniac

I store my Stickles, SU refills, sheet embellishments like pearls and rhinestones, etc, in the divided main body sections of the old CM Memory Mate Daisy Tools Caddy. There's storage in the top of the lid too -- I use that for embossing tray and brush + my old SU ink spots. The caddy is discontinued, I believe, but you can often spot them on ebay.

Creative Memories Memory Mate Daisy Tools Caddy New in Plastic | eBay
Matboard Maniac

For storing her stamp sets (wood), my stamping BFF has one of these:
Martha Stewart Living� Craft Space Eight-Drawer Flat-File Cabinet - Craft Tables - Martha Stewart Living� Craft Furniture - Martha Stewart Living� | HomeDecorators.com

Actually her entire craft room is furnished w/ this Martha Stewart craft collection from Home Decorators (a division of Home Depot.) To say I'm envious would be a vast understatement. I asked her husband if he's allowed in. He said he had been able to access it before she installed a retina scanner on the door !!#@%#@$#^&#$%!!
Rubber Obsessor

Heart Maybe my storage ideas will help...

I have no videos or pictures of my stamping room, but I will gladly take a photo if you need a better idea of what I'm rambling about! :rolleyes:
Wood Stamps - I store mine in the Stampin Up Wood Mount boxes they sell now and put them with all of my SU clear stamps. I have taken the wood mount sets out of the old clam-shell boxes and put those in the wood mount boxes as well. I like the fact my shelves are now uniform. While most of my stamps are SU, I also have Tim Holtz, G45, etc stamps and they are in the clear mount boxes from SU, on another bookcase.
Embellies - I have all crystals, pearls, stickers, rub-ons, extra dimensionals or foam pads, red line tapes etc in their very own wood mount boxes, either full or half sized.
Storing the Embellies boxes - I used an idea I saw linked on the forum here for a steel mesh vertical file holder that is turned sideways (so you are looking into the slots) and I store those wood mount boxes upright in the holder. By using a few pieces of cut up wood (or old unmounted wood stamps blocks) I can make the boxes in the rear of the unit sit up higher, making it easier to read the labels on them. I label the very top of the box, then grab images online of the items I am storing in each box, shrink them down in Photoshop and print out a front & spine label for the box. That way, I can look at the pictures on the spine without needing to take it from the rack. In my set up, I use the first 3 slots for the boxes (each slot can fit a combination of 4 full size and 2 regular clear mount boxes), another slot holds several G45 8" by 8" pads and the stamp cleaning pad and the last slot holds extra cutting plates for the Bigshot and my SU envelope punch board.
Glassine, Mica, various Tags etc - I bought a letter or bill holder at TJ Maxx. It is 8" long by 3" deep and has 3 sections. I put items that are in sleeves, like Mica sheets, sticky canvas, tags, glassine bags etc and put them vertically in the holder. The tallest in the back and shortest in front. I have also used the mini attacher and used a Decorative Label punch to put a "tag" on the top of the sleeves so I can see what is where without digging. Everything is so organized...until I have a crafting jones!
Glues & liquid pearls or glitter glues - I bought a metal wire mesh bathroom 3 shelf thing that is suppose to sit on your counter at Walmart for $5 it is "stepped" I guess meaning each little shelf sticks out a bit more than the last one. The wire mesh holes are about 3/8" square +/-. The top has my glue upside down with the caps of the bottles pocking through the wires, the 2nd shelf has my Ranger Crackle paints, Liquid pearls & glitter glue, turned upside down stuck in the grid like the adhesives and the bottom shelf holds sanding blocks, steel wool, a sanding pad for paper stubs, etc.
Ribbons - If I bought just a length of ribbon and didn't use it all, I put it in plastic jars. If they are on spools, then I use a piece of 12 g. dead-soft aluminum wire (you can buy it at AC Moore in the Fimo clay dept the wire is so soft you can mold it with your fingers). I cut a piece more than twice as long as the spool measures from the center hole to the edge, slip the spool onto the wire and then bend the wire into a U shape with the center of the spool hanging at the bottom of the U. I will then make hooks out of the ends and loop them over one side of my Recollections 2 tier wire stand (I used to hang my stickers, crystals and pearls from the stand, but then I found the idea about the file holder!). Every spool gets its own wire hanger, sorted by color around the tier, large ones at the top, shorter ones on the bottom, the ribbon unspools easily and when I have cut what I need I use the old hanger clips (or paper clips) to clip the end of the ribbon to the spool, no pin holes! Hubby attached my wire stand a few years ago to an old wood lazy Susan bottom, so it spins and it holds what ribbon I have, which is 24 large (10yd) spools and 35 smaller (5yd) spools. There is room for more of the large and a few smaller.
Lace & Trim - Again, SCS forums gave a link to a person who sold plastic tab with holes that could be put on a wire or something. It had slots in it to weave your lace or ribbons and hang them on a rod or something. I looked at the tabs and thought I could recreate that. I used some old white plastic cling stamp holders (you could use heavy acrylic from packaging), cut them 2" by 4" and a few I cut wider (4" by 6") to allow for wider lace, I cut out 2 slots from the plastic, filed it with an emery board (so it wouldn't snag the lace) then my husband, who has stronger hands then I, punched the holes for hanging. I made tabs for 5/8" lace & trim and 3" lace. I wrote with black perm marker the name of the lace or trim and where I got it in case I want it again. It took me an hour to make 24 of the tabs, I have plenty left!
12 x 12 paper - Again SCS forums gave me the idea to use the large flat rate priority mail boxes, used of course! ;) I cut the tabs off of one end, reinforced the other closed end with packaging tape. At the taped bottom, measure 2-3" and draw a straight line across the short side. Then draw from that point up and across the box as in a 45 degree angle to the top corner of the opened box end, flip the box over and repeat. Use a craft knife and carefully cut the box on the angled line to the bottom 3" mark, then cut it straight across the spine of the box and up the other side. You should have a cut box that resembles some of those magazine holders you see in supply stores. Use some pretty paper or paint to cover the box and you can keep it sitting upright or on its side to organize and store your paper. Currently, I have 3 since I did some thinning out over the holidays making extra crafting kits for kids in the hospital along with my regular cancer patients. One has G45, another has Core & Distress Core and the other has SU DSP.
8-1/2" by 11" Card stocks or papers - Mine are in cardboard magazine (or file folder) holders that I bought at the Dollar Spot at Target. They are flat when yo buy them but push right into position easily and they only cost a dollar! I have 8 of those sitting across my side table with most of Stampin Up colors of card stocks and another one for Bazzil.
Markers/pencils - SCS to the rescue again! Recently I discovered Promarkers. I do have some Copic markers, but I need more colors and I simply cannot afford those. Enter the Tria! I bought a few Tria markers (from the makers of Promarkers). They are refillable alcohol ink AND they have several different nibs! From broad to brush to thin and to ultra thin, you just screw them on! I was in love! The idea I could buy the colors separately instead of buying a set was very nice and what was nicer was their price. So between the Tria's, Copic's, SU marker's Prismacolor and InkTense art pencils, well, let's just say hubby couldn't find any coffee mugs anymore! SCS had a link for clear boxes, 6"x6"x6" that has a plastic "X" inside making 4 sections and they stack! I just got 2 through Amazon today! I will be ordering more and hubby can have his mugs back!
Embossing folders - Mine stands up in a greeting card holder that I took the dividers out of. It is a huge plastic box with a lid that slide right under my desk. It is currently holding 70 embossing folders.
Dies - Hubby built me a "book case" for my Sizzix, Karen Burniston, stampin up and Holtz dies. Spellbinders each have their own laminated magnetic page in 4 binders. I removed Stampin Up framelits from their plastic envelopes and used a piece of the same vent cover magnetic sheet and placed them in a clear mount box. Easier to get out and the edges don't get knicked up.

I think that is it. I hope it helps. I do not have the kind of money needed to redo my studio or buy heavy wood furniture pieces like typesetter or drafting room drawer (oh I wish I could! :p ), so I make what I can and make do with the rest!!
The only problem I have is getting everything I need within easy reach of my main work area. I have a really bad back, so bad that I have a morphine pump implant. That means I cannot stand on my feet for long periods or be bouncing out of my chair a lot to get stuff. So I must have it near me. That can be a very tricky problem, but I make do as we all do.
I am so happy I get great ideas from all of you at the SCS forums!!!
I forgot one thing!!
Tools - items like scissors, craft knives, rulers, tiny attacher, etc are all in a spinner desk caddy. It is divided into 4 sections and has a small footprint on my desk but it holds a ton. Bought it at Target.

Last edited by Saphyre333; 01-14-2014 at 09:54 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I keep thinking of this post every time I contemplate the purchase of wood-mounted stamps.

Any chance that this product is actually in development? I would love it.
Pearl-ExPert

I have 3 of these Iris Carts https://store.schoolspecialty.com/OA...FSvxOgodYSAAzw to store all of my cardstock/paper in.

What I do is "assign" each drawer/box with a theme. (Christmas, Cruise, Vacation, Boys, Disney, Solid Cardstock, Patterned Paper, etc) Then when I want to scrap a Christmas layout, I just pull out the "Christmas drawer" and all of my Christmas related stuff is in one box. Papers, cardstock, embellishments, stickers, etc.

I would like to see Stamp-N-Storage come up with something very similar. I'm planning on purchasing a few of their items in the near future to get my craft space all neat & tidy & everything matching. A few of those storage units would be a great addition.

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Hardware Hotshot

My biggest problem is my cling stamps. I found 45 cd cases of them at our local thrift store. They were $1.00 for each cd case. The problem is that only about 10 or so had the picture of what the stamp is, on the case. Rest of them I have to either try to figure them out or stamp the image and tape on the case.

I have them in wooden stackable cd cases, so storage is really not a problem, but trying to figure out what they are is the problem.
Polyshrink Goddess

I am a storage junkie and when I was married i had a beautiful studio where everything in that room was custom thought out to handle all of my hobbies..scrapbooking, stamping, beading etc. But then my husband left and now I do everything (that I've had the heart and energy to start again) on my little round kitchen table. Sad…but the fun thing is now I get to re-thinking storage and use all the great tips i found out then and read now. I am focusing on making a catalog of all my stamps and getting them stored in the clear bags that Jennifer McGuire shows on her tutorial.
Rubber Obsessor

Mine is paper punches, I don't like the over the door shoe hanger, I think it's too heavy for the door. I need a storage system that is compact, but I still can see the punches, out of sight is out of mind, so if I can't see them, I won't use them. I have a large wardrobe in my craft room with lots of shelves, but all are full of craft goodies.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

Oh, my, I'm having so much fun reading this thread...

Further up you were talking about drawers for stamps so I thought I would share...that's what I have had for years. Of course I've changed from wood to unmounted and from storage by set to storage by theme, all to gain more space for more stamps... :rolleyes:

Here's my stamp, ink, paper, tools storage and working place...

Some of these pictures are a bit out of date, because they were taken before I started changing to breaking up sets and storing by theme, but it gives the idea. The individual drawer is what they look like now.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your storage dilemma?-stamp-scrapbook-area.jpg   What is your storage dilemma?-stamp-cabinet-open.jpg   What is your storage dilemma?-stamp-drawers-before-reorganization.jpg   What is your storage dilemma?-stamp-reorganization-final-product.jpg  
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Hardware Hotshot

I keep all of embossing folders in a big wicker basket on a shelf. Same with my big shot dies. My stamps are in photo boxes labeled by content. Art Impression, Door County, Bella etc. My house mouse and Penny Black stamps are stored in drawers in a plastic 3 drawer storage unit.

My ribbon is stored in a drawer in that cabinet, along with my flowers. My 3-D stickers are stored in wicker baskets as is my stickels and embossing powder. My ink are stored on a metal bathroom shelf that sits at the corner of my workstation. My copics are in 3 clear plastic storage container.

I keep my twine in wicker baskets and my buttons are in glass jars on a shelf. My punches are hanging on the door in a cloth shoe holder.
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by xayide2View Post
My problem is I need my storage portable. I really don't have a space to put a craft room. I've got large shoe boxes with my stamps that are in the SU! cases and a few loose wood mount ones, until I get the new SU! cases.
I'm also trying to keep most of my storage portable, since I do most of my papercrafting at crops, at least for now. I'm still trying to find a "system" that works, so my items are accessible without being crowded both on top of the table and *under* the table! (Okay, part of *that* problem is overpacking, something I do in general... :oops: )

I'm planning a small crafting space in my somewhat small living space, so I'm taking notes from this thread. Thanks, everyone!
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW, Diane!!! I loved your big cabinet even before seeing what it opened up as. Is it custom made? Beautiful design.
Stampin' Fool

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

my storage problem is that I have no wall space! My stamping area is in a bedroom that was created out of attic space so the ceilings are slanted. I can stand in the center but hit my head if I move 1 step to either side. The door is on one wall and a small window is on the other. I have a 4'x6' oak drafting table with a wire shoe rack shelf placed in front of the window where I store my wood block stamps. I use the SU clam shells and the deep acrylic frames from AC Moore to store them in. the top shelf of the wire rack is not deep so I have my background stamps piled there.
Home Collections 4 Tier Wire Shoe Rack Store All Your Shoes in One Place | eBay
I have a book shelf at a right angle next to me but because of the ceiling slant, it is pulled away from the side wall where things get dropped behind it never to be seen again! (unless I crawl back there!) My punches are thrown in plastic storage boxes and my unmounted stamps are in folders in an old paper divider from work. I can't see anything! HELP!

Karen ... Murphy's Law