Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Stamp-n-Storage (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stamp-n-storage-403/)
-   -   My new Die Tote!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stamp-n-storage-403/my-new-die-tote-581468/)

hbrown 11-27-2013 09:45 AM

My new Die Tote!!!

My new Die Tote just arrived an hour ago and I've already filled it up with all my Cheery Lynn dies!!! I ordered the large tote and the 80 pack of magnetic cards and I requested a special order of longer magnetic cards to accomodate the many border dies I have. This tote is awesome!

I would say 80% of the cards are full of dies, so I still have a weeeeee bit of room for more dies. LOL I love how I can flip through to find a die I want. This is perfect!

Thanks, Stamp n Storage!!

Julie Gearinger 11-27-2013 02:34 PM

Thanks for sharing!! I was just looking at this on their site and it looks great!!

Are the magnetic cards made of a thin wood or heavier chipboard with the magentic material on one side or are they double-sided?

Thanks again for letting us know how well they worked for you!

hbrown 11-27-2013 02:44 PM

Julie,

The box itself is wood. The magnetic cards are a nice heavy chipboard with a magnetic sheet on one side. These magnets are wonderful - the dies really STICK to these, and they don't slide around like they did on my Art Bin magnet sheets.

Julie Gearinger 11-27-2013 02:48 PM

Thanks Holly! I thought they looked sturdier than the Art Bin type but wanted to make sure :-)

Now to convince my hubby :-)

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

Stamp-n-Storage 11-27-2013 08:00 PM

Holly -

So glad to hear that your product all arrived safely and that the custom-sized cards are working for you!

Because of your request, we're considering adding this 7"x10" as a standard size for storing border dies.

What do you all think?

BevMom 11-28-2013 06:14 PM

That's awesome, Holly! :D

Peezie 12-31-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbrown (Post 20433139)
My new Die Tote just arrived an hour ago and I've already filled it up with all my Cheery Lynn dies!!! I ordered the large tote and the 80 pack of magnetic cards and I requested a special order of longer magnetic cards to accomodate the many border dies I have. This tote is awesome!

I would say 80% of the cards are full of dies, so I still have a weeeeee bit of room for more dies. LOL I love how I can flip through to find a die I want. This is perfect!

Thanks, Stamp n Storage!!

I store my dies on a magnet chipboard as well. Awesome system. I used my label maker to put the name of the die on the card. Then I file them alphabetically. All dies I've seen and purchased have a "name" --per say... So that's why I chose alphabetically. It was the one unique common denominator with each die. Works perfectly!

hbrown 12-31-2013 01:37 PM

I just ordered some more magnetic cards during their fabulous SCS sale!! I should be set for all the dies I know I'll be ordering over the next few months. Hee hee hee!!!

BTW, folks, the 7x10 magnet cards are just PERFECT for my longer border dies. I have quite a few of them from Cheery Lynn Designs and they fit just right on these 7x10 cards. I have one die that is 9.5" long so I asked Stamp n Storage if they could make the cards long enough to accomodate that one die. It's just awesome!