Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Stamp-n-Storage (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stamp-n-storage-403/)
-   -   How to organize coordinating stamp and wafer die sets? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stamp-n-storage-403/how-organize-coordinating-stamp-wafer-die-sets-584050/)

Stamp-n-Storage 02-07-2014 06:50 PM

How to organize coordinating stamp and wafer die sets?

Coordinating stamp and wafer die sets are becoming quite popular, but how to keep them organized when they're in their separate packages?

We're working on a product that brings them together, using a clear DVD case with magnetic sheet on one side.

What do you think?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...81055412_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...74643008_n.jpg

arlenevita 02-07-2014 07:10 PM

Awesome idea!

CookieCindy 02-07-2014 07:29 PM

I already do this using the Stampin Up stamp cases. I buy magnet sheeting from Hobby Lobby and cut it down to size. It comes in a roll with an adhesive back. Works great!!

stamp_momma 02-07-2014 07:34 PM

I love this idea. What I really like is how nice and clean the solid black magnetic sheet looks.

angela57 02-07-2014 07:53 PM

stamp and die storage

I like the idea as there are many companies that are making dies to match their stamps. I do not have a lot of them but I think it is a good idea. I already have a way to store my stamps and dies but I like this idea also. :D

DyanaP 02-07-2014 08:24 PM

Great idea

Love the concept, but wondering if there is something bigger than a DVD case that could be used. Cant think of anything off the top of my head, but you guys are for sure on the right track for storage ideas! Appreciate your forward thinking!

kj1944 02-07-2014 08:37 PM

Great idea, but...

perhaps you could also sell just the magnetic pieces, pre-cut to fit inside the Stampin'Up! boxes we already have...

jstauf 02-07-2014 08:57 PM

Storage solutions

This looks like a great idea - please keep in mind, though, that a dozen DVD cases can be purchased for about $10, and the magnetic sheets can be purchased from Walmart pretty inexpensively, also. Therefore, if you're to bother to "put these together," they should be priced appropriately if you plan to sell many.

DyanaP 02-08-2014 01:58 AM

Amazon

Just as an FYI, Amazon sells them, made by a company called Super Jewel Cases. 20 pack for $40, plus another $7+ for shipping.

Stamp-n-Storage 02-08-2014 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1944 (Post 20519299)
perhaps you could also sell just the magnetic pieces, pre-cut to fit inside the Stampin'Up! boxes we already have...

This is a great suggestion - thank you!

Stamp-n-Storage 02-08-2014 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DyanaP (Post 20519374)
Just as an FYI, Amazon sells them, made by a company called Super Jewel Cases. 20 pack for $40, plus another $7+ for shipping.

Thank you - this is helpful to know.

TeeGeeDee 02-08-2014 04:08 AM

I like the idea of storing stamps & coordinating dies together. My concern is potential damage to the rubber if it doesn't align properly with the die when storing (from the photo it seems the dies could touch the rubber.).

I think I'd prefer a case with a center panel where one side held the dies and the other side (of the same panel) held the stamps. I have no idea if this is possible ... will the magnetic properties affect the cling properties?

Anyway I wanted to say that I really like how you seek and respond to feedback.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

cardlady46 02-08-2014 06:17 AM

DVD case

[QUOTE=Stamp-n-Storage;20519207]Coordinating stamp and wafer die sets are becoming quite popular, but how to keep them organized when they're in their separate packages?

We're working on a product that brings them together, using a clear DVD case with magnetic sheet on one side.

What do you think?

I currently use the cases for storing stamp sets. I started out storing according to vendor, now I store regardless of vendor, holidays, inside sentiments, etc. But I can see myself rearranging and putting stamps with appropriate dies together.

Arywen 02-08-2014 06:44 AM

awesome idea. I would also like some double cases so that stamp sets that are in more than one case or multiple cases and have matching framelits could all be in one box, Like the double and triple dvd cases we have.

arlsmom 02-08-2014 08:25 AM

looks like a great idea!

vestamc 02-08-2014 01:53 PM

I too am doing this with Stampin Up cases and magnetic sheets from WalMart. I leave the stamps in the foam to have a frame in which to replace them. They do not seem to touch in the case.

vestamc 02-08-2014 01:54 PM

I use my labeler to put the stamp name and manufacturer on the spine. They fit nicely on a bookcase.

Louise B. NH 02-08-2014 03:39 PM

I, too, do this with Stampin' Up stamps and dies. I have the same question as Arywen above about other multiple sets that match dies. I absolutely LOVE your products! Keep up the fabulous work!

Louise B. NH

ppalm1 02-09-2014 10:53 AM

Great idea!

This would be a great idea, if the price is right.