Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-16-2019, 03:53 AM   #1721
Forum Fanatic

Thank you ladies. Now, I can open Jayne's card!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:23 AM   #1722
Forum Fanatic

I had 2 cards that said, open on the 16th. Yours is so beautiful Jayne. The commercial card from an elderly lady in our church was preciouus because of what she wrote inside.
My brother and his wife treated me to a lovely dinner in the city last evening, and they spoiled me royally with gifts too. The best part of the visit was touring their gardens and flowerbeds. My brother is a retired school principal. Now he does landscaping and gardening as a little sideline.
It will be hot and humid here too for the next 4 days, but we had a lovely little rain shower during the night, so I do not have to do any watering today.
jan31, smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #1723
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy birthday from hot hazy humid Toronto!
Old 07-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #1724
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday, Ina!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 07-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #1725
Stazon Splitcoast

Got in the door just as the heavens opened up! My balcony is flooded and it is an open balcony! My craft table got sprinkled the rain and wind are so strong.

So I got called into the doc office today! So I told him all the side effects of the second bp med and he agreed that I should stop taking it. Hmm I already had and my bp is better without it. So he told me to keep doing what I was doing cause my numbers are good!
Old 07-17-2019, 12:03 AM   #1726
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina glad you liked my card and that you had a lovey day.

Lynn, glad you are going ok.

Happy Wednesday everyone. Enjoy
Old 07-17-2019, 04:59 AM   #1727
Forum Fanatic

I got more mail yesterday. Cards from Lynn and Sharon! No worries Sharon, it arrived at the perfect time, on my birthday..
Lynn, so happy your numbers are good and that you hopefully can focus on life now, and have some fun. I'm sorry you got flooded yesterday afternoon. We did mot have any rain then, although it got datk. Howerver we got a wonderful amount overnight, and it is a life saver for me (and the farmers for sure) as I have been watering and watering. It would be a great day for transplanting, but my DD is coming with the 2 boys, age 3 and 6 1/2. The red currsnts are ripe, so hopefully we can pick them without being eaten alive by mosquitoes.
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:44 AM   #1728
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina, it got there quick! I always thought it took longer to get to Canada. Glad it got there on your day! I haven’t caught up with the posts yet. We just got home from Estes Park Co. last night. 10 hours on the road yesterday. But it was worth it, for the coolness and the mountains! Love the sound of the wind through the pines and those beautiful snow capped mountains to look at!

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:00 AM   #1729
Proud Fan Club Member

When we got back to Kansas and stopped for a coke, the clerk told us the hear I Des was 102 degrees f.
Ugh!

All the boxes are so pretty that you all have been showing on your posts.

Jan, glad the grands are there safe and splashing in the pool! Enjoy! Glad to hear everything is good with Steve.

Lynn, glad you are off the BP meds and doing well. I need to go in and tell my dr. All the symptoms I have been having since she upped my BP. Coughing, dry itch kind all the time. I live on cough drops! My arms now are covered in those age purple spots. If I barely knock against something, I bruise. And sometimes if I knock the bruise, it busts open, and bleeds. More symptoms, just can’t remember. But, I do seem to sleep better, don’t know what that is from!

I think everything boils down to age! Anyway, we loved out getaway from the heat and humidity! Only 9:00 and it is already 81. They said the heat index would be over 100 again. We were cold at night in Colorado! It was wonderful! Oh, and my new car ( in September ). Only had 1945 miles on it when we left, now has over 3100 miles on it! Also got hailed on one afternoon. I don’t think any damage though.

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:33 AM   #1730
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes Sharon talk to your doctor! My whole aim in sharing is so that others may see some similarities and talk to their doctors. You can google the name of the medication and side effects. I hope your doctor is willing to work with you to find a balance that works.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:07 AM   #1731
Gallery Gazer

Just popping in while we are chilling in the shade after our swimming marathon

Sharon my dad used to get those bruise spots but he was asthmatic and used inhalers so the doctor said that’s what it was.
Steve had BP tablets and he couldn’t get his breathe and felt dizzy after taking them, the thing is he never had high blood pressure, since they stopped them he’s been fine.

Beautiful scenery Sharon, , looks like the north of Spain in winter.

Steve is off to the airport in a couple of hours to pick up you best Gs and our eldest, the boys are so excited to be seeing jack.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #1732
Proud Fan Club Member

My eye appt did not go well. I have a horseshoe tear on my retina. He wants to laser around it to make sure no fluid goes underneath. He said he'd do it but he doesn't have an opening until Monday and he doesn't want me to wait that long so they scheduled me with a different doctor for Friday morning. He moved my eyeball around with a pokey tool! Eeeww

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:35 PM   #1733
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Thursday everyone.

Jan, enjoy the pool and Poppets. So special.

Kathy, take care and hope that your procedure goes well on Friday.

Sharon, gorgeous photo of hubby and the mountains. Missed you. Don’t know where Vicki is...I’ve left her a few messages and sent a text. Hope that all is ok.

I’m heading off to golf shortly...it’s the main ladies day so I doubt I will be home before 3pm. I was up at 1am as son3 went out to the football (soccer...Man U versus Leeds Jan..played at our stadium)...he had forgotten his key, and really shouldn’t have been out given he’s still unwell. Then awake at 5am so I decided to get up. Now time has got away from me and I will be rushing,

On that note...sleep well..I must seize Thursday lol.
jan31 likes this post.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:57 PM   #1734
Stazon Splitcoast

Eeeekkk it rained a month worth of rain today! Flooding everywhere. Grumpy told me to stay in.

The forecast for Friday.. It will feel like 45c. Like 113f. This will move into the weekend. I will need to find a mall to stay cool in. My electricity bill is getting big!
Old 07-18-2019, 03:20 AM   #1735
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Eeeekkk it rained a month worth of rain today! Flooding everywhere. Grumpy told me to stay in.

The forecast for Friday.. It will feel like 45c. Like 113f. This will move into the weekend. I will need to find a mall to stay cool in. My electricity bill is getting big!
Eek...are you in Oz LOL? This means that we can expect a very hot summer.

Keep cool.

Happy Thursday everyone
Old 07-18-2019, 03:57 AM   #1736
Forum Fanatic

Default S2S19BB 'Domestic animals'

Happy Thursday indeed. It's challenge time again. I did not have time to make any samples this week. I don't know why people, especially relatives, want to spend time with you on your birthday. Every day this week, I have had company. So no time for crafting. It's all good. I love my kids, siblings and friends.
This week I want to make some cards featuring domestic animals. Any animal you would find in a house (ie, cat, dog, gerbil, etc) or in a barn (cow, goat, chicken, etc) Sometimes need dictates my challenge choices. I am needing a birthday card for my friend who loves horses.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:19 AM   #1737
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Need is good Ina...I also need birthday cards. Glad you had a lovely birthday. Happy day
Old 07-18-2019, 06:24 AM   #1738
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I was browsing the Dirty Girl gallery and didn’t even realise there was one..lol. I pay my fan club subscription and thought it just enabled me to post my photos straight away lol. I didn’t realise that we could enter in their monthly theme challenges...not that I have time.

I also was looking through my gallery and realised that I definitely like plonking colour down....and wondered why I’d stopped making big tags. I think because I don’t scrap much anymore. I wish I could play this weekend.....tomorrow we are out for lunch with the kids and poppets and on Sunday out all day. Maybe I can sneak some play time in tomorrow arvo.

Is anyone going to do DTGD? I’ve never looked before or even knew what it was but I’ve made a note in my calendar so may try and do some.

Have a fun day...I’m heading to bed...been a long day...nite
smadson likes this post.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #1739
Proud Fan Club Member

I will definitely be playing DTGD. Jayne, it is the best time of the year on SCS! You will love playing! We learn new techniques and are really challenged! I just love it!

Great challenge, Ina!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #1740
Proud Fan Club Member

My favorite thing is Falliday Fest! But it was cancelled last year and I missed it so much! I hope they are able to have it this year!

Daily Scripture Thread

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #1741
Forum Fanatic

I justvwant to share a couple of cards with you. I received them for my birthday. The photo cards are by two of my sisters-in-law. The fawn was in the ditch when she was driving home. She drove 1/4 of a mile to get home, park her car, grab her camera, and get on the bike. The fawn was still there and did not move while she took the picture.
The third card was a commercial card from my daughter. It's from the Hebe store. I'm showing the inside. Very cool.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:47 AM   #1742
Forum Fanatic

I played in the DTGD challeng last year. I hope I can do a few challenges this year, but I will have visitors from the Netherlands during that time.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:39 AM   #1743
Mad Swapper

I know I'm late jumping in, but I'd like to join if it's okay. My hand surgeries have been keeping me on the sidelines a lot this year. I'm in the beginning of my second hand (the right dominant this time). Figure I might be back in the crafting saddle toward the end of August if physical therapy moves along well after the cast comes off...mid-August.

I've been keeping up with crafting by being on a huge spending spree...after all a girls gotta craft somehow even if in her head and with her pocketbook!!

I saw your list of acquiring credits back in January at the beginning of thread, Ina. Does anyone have any other things different that they give themselves credit for...cardmaking or not?

I figure I'm going to need as much as I can get...I think the Stamp 2 Spend title fits me quite well!
2019 Christmas Card Challenge 3/24. Alphabet Challenge, Round 10 - 7/26.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:46 AM   #1744
Mad Swapper

So, hoping it is okay...I will submit one card to the S2S2019 gallery for the April 6 "Sponge It! challenge. I finished it just prior to right-hand surgery, but didn't find time to get it posted. Now, I just had to post with one-finger, left-hand typing!

The requirement was to do sponging a way that you usually don't. I made a piece of ink-sponged cardstock from which to die-cut and punch my sentiment and scalloped photo corners. I also die-cut at least eight flower clusters and ink-sponged them after die-cutting. I have not actually done sponging for either of these purposes before or in this manner. I usually do sponging on a cardstock panel for sunsets, sunrises, etc. or sponging using a stencil.

I made this card just before surgery in early July...see it here: A Daughter's Birthday!

Last edited by Chatterbox-1; 07-19-2019 at 02:15 AM..
Old 07-19-2019, 01:55 AM   #1745
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Carlene, good to see you on our thread. I wish you well with recovery after your hand surgeries. Your card is beautiful and I can’t believe that you only used one hand.

I used to keep totals but I lost track and know I’m spending more than saving but I do try to use a new stamp and die as soon as I purchase it.

I love the ladies on this thread.....and other threads (I’m on a few lol)...everyone is so welcoming and supportive.

Ina started the thread and there’s some great challenges. I like the fact that we can hop on at any time and do the challenges when we can. If you don’t do them, just come in for the chat.

Welcome and enjoy.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:07 AM   #1746
Mad Swapper

Thanks Jayne...I try to get in and chat, but sometimes life becomes a whirlwind!

I've also been a bit frustrated with myself...my creative mojo went out the window with the anesthesia, I think. Should have been able to do at least one card a week starting by early April as I was going to PT after the left-hand surgery...but just couldn't get motivated. Then. I get upset with myself as I missed so many, many family cards, sympathy cards, etc. in February through to now...just got a few in here or there! Oh well, will have to try for some thinking of you cards to make up!!

I'll need those to get some credits...LOL!

And then I've been remiss in my gallery gazing and commenting too! Half-year New Years' resolution...get crafting and commenting!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:34 AM   #1747
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Carlene it’s hard to keep on top of everything with life. I try and keep up on the challenges and comments but get behind often. I now just keep a list of the challenges I’d like to do and tick them off as I get chance, no matter how late I am. I love this site as there’s no card police lol. Keeping on top of chatter is hard sometimes too but I try and say a quick hello when I can.

Ina, your cards are gorgeous...your SIL is very talented and how cute is the fawn.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:57 AM   #1748
Mad Swapper

I do the same with the challenges...have a typed Word table that I check off and add card name when I complete one...or... two...or...

Ina, happy belated birthday! I love your photo cards...how great it is to make photo cards. I'm in awe of those with camera talent!
Old 07-19-2019, 03:00 AM   #1749
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good luck today Kathy.

Jan hope that you are having fun with the poppets.

Sharon, hope you aren’t melting...and you too Lynn

Hi everyone else. Enjoy
Old 07-19-2019, 01:18 PM   #1750
Gallery Gazer

Just popping in to say Hi, they have just gone to bed, exhausted but very happy, getting lots of photos of the three boys and they are getting on really well, the youngest gets a little over excited and keeps calling them cousins in stead of by their names, it’s quite cute. They are in and out of the pool, our eldest is worn out as the boys haven’t seen him for a couple of years and so want him to do everything with them, he’s racing in the pool with one, playing football with the other, he’s secretly loving seeing them again.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:49 PM   #1751
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been getting a lot of reading done. I have been hiding in my room with AC on during the heat. My son has been advising when weather is good or not. Yup since he is a postie he has been out there in all this.

Kathy I hope everything went well!

Hugs to all
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:57 PM   #1752
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hugs Lynn and everyone else. Jan, sounds fun with your poppets.

Gosh it was stormy last night. Our bin blew down the lane way lol.

I’m going to play shortly..yay.

Sis Vicki is having a rough time and needs help to motivate her. If anyone has spare panels or a card they can send her I’m sure she would appreciate it...or even just a message. We need to get her back online.

Happy Saturday and weekend.
jan31 likes this post.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:17 AM   #1753
Forum Fanatic

My card for this week's challenge.
Lois by yellowrose46 - at Splitcoaststampers
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #1754
Forum Fanatic

Carlene, I love the card you posted. What an amazing woman you are, to create such a beauty, with limited use of your hand. Especially, that ribbon treatment, that I did not comment on. That is really cool. Love seeing you on here.
Chatterbox-1 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:20 AM   #1755
Proud Fan Club Member

Carlene , welcome to this challenge. Congratulations on posting cards after so long! Good to see you!
Chatterbox-1 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #1756
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Happy Thursday indeed. It's challenge time again. I did not have time to make any samples this week. I don't know why people, especially relatives, want to spend time with you on your birthday. Every day this week, I have had company. So no time for crafting. It's all good. I love my kids, siblings and friends.
This week I want to make some cards featuring domestic animals. Any animal you would find in a house (ie, cat, dog, gerbil, etc) or in a barn (cow, goat, chicken, etc) Sometimes need dictates my challenge choices. I am needing a birthday card for my friend who loves horses.
I somehow missed this! Hopefully I can get to it soon.

Daily Scripture Thread

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:15 PM   #1757
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday everyone. Going to watch DGS play footy (Aussie rules). Then a big day at golf. At least I don’t have to cook today.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #1758
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, It is so odd that you are into Sunday already and we haven’t even gone to bed Saturday night yet! LOL
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #1759
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Carlene! I am typing with only a few fingers since I just bandaged everything with psoriasis.

You can pay yourself when you do your exercises, when you care for your hands, when you clean the kitty litter or even if you take out the trash. Think of things or chores you don't like to do and pay yourself when you do!
Chatterbox-1 likes this post.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:32 PM   #1760
Stazon Splitcoast

My son, grumpy, is up north so he is not dealing with the heat. Last I checked at 11pm it was still feeling over 40 c. I have been hiding in my bedroom with the AC on. This is a BAD thing! I just saw a cat I want to adopt! Now if grumpy was here he would reboot me with a wet noodle!! Such a cute older cat with extra toes on the front. Will have to call and talk to the rescue group to see if this cat would work with the rotten piece of cat meat I have who has stolen the exercise bike again!