Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2019, 06:06 AM   #1561
Gallery Gazer

It’s soooo hot here, we walked at 8am and had to walk on the back streets to keep out of the sun going to the car, we were home by 10.30am and it was 32c, it’s quite humid too.
Steve decided he wanted me to make a quiche, so that made the kitchen pretty hot with the oven on.
I did attempt to craft and played with my inks again but like the rest of you I’m stuck for inspiration to finish now!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:28 AM   #1562
Forum Fanatic

Some videos I have watched all seem to use white as a contast, either a white panel with a sentiment, or white die cut sentiments, sometimes white embossed sentiments on black. Depending on the colours in your piece, they make great backgrounds for snowflakes and other Christmas type cards.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:30 AM   #1563
Forum Fanatic

I also like your Canuck toe nails Lynn. I never do anything to my toenails. I'm lucky if I can get them clean after my gardening.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:50 AM   #1564
Proud Fan Club Member

Hot here. 90s and triple digit heat index. I did my 3 mile prayer walk earl, 6:30 to 7:30. I should even go earlier! Have gone M- F this week and most of last week. Feels good to have the strength to do it again. What makes it easier is we have a nice breeze.

Jan, I am stuck too. Also, looking at getting the gel plate out for today’s challenge. Coloring a new image, too, with distress inks. Never use those either. Have all these things and never play with them. Now I want to plY with all of it at the same time. Need to focus on one thing! LOL. VSN is coming up next weekend I think. Also, .jan, Jayne, Lynn, I will be posting some Scrap challenges in July. Are you ready to scrap?
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:26 AM   #1565
Gallery Gazer

Sharon, if the challenge is starting next week I may be able to play but after the 12th we have family over until August 8th!!

I still have my Halloween pages open and started, ha,ha. It’s been there for about six weeks
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:29 AM   #1566
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Sharon, if the challenge is starting next week I may be able to play but after the 12th we have family over until August 8th!!

I still have my Halloween pages open and started, ha,ha. It’s been there for about six weeks

I will try to post the first.
jan31 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:32 AM   #1567
Gallery Gazer

Our son just rang from San Francisco to see if we are ok, he’s been hearing all about the heatwave sweeping Europe. I said to him that up to now this is normal weather for Spain, flipping hot, LOL

The pool is 30c today!
Old 06-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #1568
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is mine, Ina! Thank you for the inspiration! 13th Anniversary
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #1569
Stazon Splitcoast

Grumpy goes on his trip at the end of the month. So it will be August when I get the stuff.

I haven't slept
Old 06-28-2019, 04:32 PM   #1570
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan our women soccer team beat Spain, and today, France. Next Tuesday they play England. I don’t watch it but our sonis big time fan of anything soccer, and so was my mama when she was alive. She even paid extra for the soccer station and watched it all at 88!
jan31 likes this post.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:34 PM   #1571
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Grumpy goes on his trip at the end of the month. So it will be August when I get the stuff.

I haven't slept

So are you sleeping nights yet? Or are you turned around? Whatever, I hope you can get some sleep.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:36 PM   #1572
Stazon Splitcoast

Still haven't slept. Watching videos. Thought this interesting.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:37 PM   #1573
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Our son just rang from San Francisco to see if we are ok, he’s been hearing all about the heatwave sweeping Europe. I said to him that up to now this is normal weather for Spain, flipping hot, LOL

The pool is 30c today!

That is hot water, isn’t it? We are high 90s here our heat index on 6:00 pm news was 102 degrees!
Old 06-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #1574
Proud Fan Club Member

Tonight I participated in a live scrapbook event online with Alice Boll. Not only did I get a page done, I won the drawing. I won a Wild Hare scrapbook kit. Yay!
Old 06-29-2019, 02:53 AM   #1575
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
I also like your Canuck toe nails Lynn. I never do anything to my toenails. I'm lucky if I can get them clean after my gardening.

Lol...oh Ina this made me smile lots today...thank you
Old 06-29-2019, 03:04 AM   #1576
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon...congrats again for winning the draw. Awesome. I so need motivation to scrap. I just find cards easier now even if I don’t send out many this end but I need a lot for ladies on this site lol. I will check out your scrap challenges next month. I need a scrapbook workshop or something. I also need to tidy up my craft table. There’s no way I could get a LO on there right now lol...I only have a small area for card making. My room is a nightmare. I’ve made a list of all the card challenges that I’d like to do and it’s such a long list. I can’t keep up with them and am trying to combine challenges.

Jan, we heard that it’s hot in europe right now. Our friends are posting photos of them in Barcelona and my sister is on holiday in Madeira. Lucky ducks. Enjoy it.

I’ve been busy as a bee today getting ready for my monthly craft group on Monday...I am hosting and we are out all day tomorrow. Today was our DIL1s birthday. She loved her card and pressie. DGS also thought my inside with gold was pretty cool lol.

Is anyone doing the VSN next weekend? I’m not sure whether I can...depends on what’s happening this end and we are out late Friday so I may not be able to get up early lol. There’s a couple of sneak peaks and the shopping list is up.

Have a great day everyone. Time for dinner this end. Also need the heating on....it’s cold.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:19 AM   #1577
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I can think of nothing worse than to be in Barcelona, or any city for that matter, it’s baking, our pool is now 30c, normally it’s not that warm yet! Cities just seem to radiate the heat from the pavements, sidewalks to some of you, ha,ha, I know the lingo, I’m practicing ready for GSs, Joey isn’t too bad but charlie has no idea about anything English!
I once told charlie to stay on the pavement while Grandad unlocked the car, he looked at me puzzled and asked if I meant the bit at the side of the road, closet instead of wardrobe, the list is endless.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #1578
Stazon Splitcoast

So I am supposed to be on nights for another week. No idea why I didn't sleep. I had a talk with grumpy to see if I should change sleep meds..I didn't have enough brains to figure it out. So I switched and slept last night. It will take about 4 days for my body And mind to be in the same time zone. It may be 2 days before I can eat solids. The joys
Old 06-29-2019, 08:04 PM   #1579
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan...I also had to learn new lingo when I came to live in Oz and even in the UK we say different things in the counties.....in Yorkshire we say bread cake....others say roll...you will know what I mean. I can’t get over when we travel and I ask where’s the loo or toilet and they ask me if I mean restroom...lol. I want to say I’m not going for a nap...lol.

It’s fun.

Lynn...hugs

Happy day everyone..time for me to swing...bye for now
Old 06-30-2019, 04:26 AM   #1580
Gallery Gazer

Jayne in Nottingham they call a bread roll a cob, our Yorkshire friends call it a barm cake

Steve always says if someone listened to our conversation even if they spoke English they most likely wouldn’t understand what we were talking about.

Our grandsons have sent photos from centre parcs, they are in North Nottinghamshire, in fact it was on Steve’s beat, we used to get a bungalow for £25 per long weekend as he worked near there, sometimes I used to take the boys and our friend took their two and Steve and malc would go to work and come over after work! It was only half an hours drive from our house!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:40 AM   #1581
Forum Fanatic

I think it's really cool to hear all the different cultural words and sayings. And jt will be good to teach your grandchildren. After all it is part (or all) of their heritage. One of my daughters is still upset that I did not teach her to speak Dutch. But we never spoke it in the home, as my DH was not comfortable with it.
I also love that you and Jayne have a common history in the UK. Fun to read about it.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:54 AM   #1582
Gallery Gazer

Our DILs mother is welsh, our DIL wasn’t born there but moved back to wales when she was a child and did learn the language but now only remembers a little, she has been teaching our GSs a few words as they are with her parents at the moment.

Here we have Spanish, German, French and Dutch and a Canadian neighbour and English of course but funnily enough even when we see the French couple across the road we all say, Hola!
Yes it’s nice that Jayne and I have a connection from the UK even though neither of us actually lives there, a lot of people here seem to cling to everything English and never really mix with the Spanish people, shame really.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:36 AM   #1583
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday everyone and what a happy day I’ve had....I had my monthly craft group and made 2 cards. Here they are....

After my friends had left and I’d finished clearing away, I decided to play....I made more alcohol ink BGs...had such fun doing different techniques. No idea what to do with them lol. Then I made 5 BGs with my gel press...I’m so inky lol but had fun. Hubby came in from outside and said who do you know from Spain and why have customs opened the envelope. Lol. I received happy mail...thanks Jan...it’s gorgeous...and thank you for my goodies. Love them.

I’ve done nothing but eat ......quiche, sausage rolls, apple pie and cream...you name it I’ve eaten it lol. Feel so full.

Happy Canada day Ina and Lynn..hope you had fun.

Ina, yes I lived not that far from Jan when I was growing up in the UK....small world really. Jan, your friends must be from a different part of Yorkshire. We definitely said bread cake lol. I have heard of the other term too. I never went to centre Parcs but hope to go one day with our poppets. Lots of exploring still to do in the UK. It is nice to have a connection and my sister lives in Chesterfield. On our street there’s Aussie’s, poms (English), South Africans (lots), scots....and that’s only those I’ve met. In our block there’s Poms x2, us...a mixture of Aussie and Poms lol, and on either side of us..South Africans. It’s like a ghost town. We can go weeks and not see our neighbours.

I’ve rabbited on again..must clear away dinner dishes..enjoy your day...keep cool or warm everyone.
jan31 likes this post.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:36 AM   #1584
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m trying to see if I can put my cards into some challenges lol.
jan31 likes this post.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:01 AM   #1585
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, gorgeous cards, I love the way you’ve used the frames, really lovely!

Jayne just thought, our friends were from Lancashire not Yorkshire, it’s Bev our neighbour who is from Yorkshire, the couple who used to live across the road were Norwegian, he said he liked Bev but could t understand a word she said, ha,ha, She is very broad Yorkshire!

When we came to Spain and lived in our caravan we met a man from Berlin, he had a booming voice but spoke perfect English so he would go round saying, hey up me duck, everyone used to say, oh you’ve met Steve then, you know people from Nottingham call everyone “duck”. Our GSs in their American accents always say to Steve “goodnight me duck” it sounds so comical!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:04 AM   #1586
Gallery Gazer

We’ve got a busy week, well steve has, blood tests tomorrow, full blood test and ECG Wednesday, hospital fitness test Thursday morning and Echo cardiogram, I think that’s what they call it anyway! Lots of early mornings!

It’s a bit cooler today, well only 26c coming back at 10am! Steve is supposedly listening to his podcast, cricket, so interesting that’s he's fast off, LOL
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:10 AM   #1587
Forum Fanatic

Maple Leaf

Happy Canada Day!

Old 07-01-2019, 06:17 AM   #1588
Forum Fanatic

Happy Canada Day to Lynn. To those south of the border, your day is coming later in the week. Our country is now 152 years old.
Thanks for your wishes, you pommies!
Today is a work day for me. I am clearing off all the growth and debris from the back brick patio. The weather is beautiful, sunny and will get up to 82 or so. Yesterday was a quiet day. Church, talk to the only neighbours who are not away, and then for a swim at a friend's pool. In the evening, I listened to all the fireworks around the lake, but could not be bothered to go and look, as I was reading a good book.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:20 AM   #1589
Forum Fanatic

Oh, I forgot. Jayne, your cards are absolutely gorgeous. Get them uploaded, so I can pin them and CASE them. Ther must be some challenges for die cuts, or flowers. How about your challenge to feature summer and put a frame on it. You even have 2 frames.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:16 AM   #1590
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Canada Day! So close to our 4th of July celebration.
And my July VSBN scrap challenges are up, Jan & Jane, & Lynn!
VSBN19JUL Scrap Fireworks! - Splitcoaststampers

VSBN19JULA - Splitcoaststampers

I can’t edit anything! Everything only gives me, a choice to quote! So frustrating!
Old 07-01-2019, 01:42 PM   #1591
Forum Fanatic

Here is another alcohol ink card for last week's challenge.
Alcohol Fun. by yellowrose46 - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 07-02-2019, 04:13 AM   #1592
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy day everyone..back tomorrow..dinner time.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:50 AM   #1593
Forum Fanatic

Here is one more card, especially for those of you who say you don't know how to use your technique panels.
The other half by yellowrose46 - at Splitcoaststampers
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #1594
Gallery Gazer

Well done USA ladies football team, beat the UK I’ve just seen.
We’ve been to watch football, it was baking hot! No goals at all so disappointing as we travelled over an hour to watch.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:18 PM   #1595
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina your cards are gorgeous. I watched a whole series of videos and will cut my panels today...my cards may be similar to yours as the design was one I liked the most from the videos...lol. I’ll try and be creative.

I’m off to have my boobs pressed. Happy Wednesday
jan31 likes this post.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:13 PM   #1596
Stazon Splitcoast

when I was more adventurous!

The Thinker

jan31, smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:21 PM   #1597
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I was a member of a bike club. Look at hose massive machines! Mine is the orange baby Harley

smadson likes this post.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:03 PM   #1598
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Whoohoo...go Lynn. Love your baby Harley. You need to scrap these photos LOL.

I've just received some happy mail...twice in 1 week...thanks Sharon...love it all. I have been spoilt this week.

Also, sis Vicki....thinking of you...big Hugs. Take care

I hope everyone has slept well and has a wonderful day. I am going to play in my room in an hour or so...well that is the plan.
jan31 likes this post.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:38 AM   #1599
Gallery Gazer

Jayne having late mail is like another birthday!

Been rushing round today, I finishing tidying up while Steve had his bloods done, he rang me and I walked over to meet him for breakfast across the road, we then walked back to the medical centre and sat waiting for his ECG, bumped into a couple we know, so it passed the time catching up, it was too early for my hair appointment so we nipped to the garage to fill up with diesel, Steve jet washed it and we check the tyre pressures then we had to dash back for my hair appointment, then went all the way back to the bank, exhausted!

We didn’t get home until 9.30 last night after the football, the villa was so hot as we had to close all the windows we went straight to bed so we could put the AC on to cool down!
We had a meal out with our neighbours, it was fun but the traffic was horrendous driving back, it was so busy, where we live it’s not busy at all
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:20 AM   #1600
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Jan...that’s what I was saying earlier to someone else...it does feel like my birthday again and I have yours and Sharon’s card on my sideboard.

I meant to say and forgot that my mum and dad always said duck....when I used to visit they would say hello duck...and your comment reminded me of growing up. I think because our village was part of Derbyshire when I was born that it stuck as everyone still says duck there lol, even though it’s now in Yorkshire. My BIL and his friends say it too and they live in Derbyshire...love it.

See you all later ducks.