Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #1361
Stazon Splitcoast

Tick season starts in spring. There are many diseases you can get from them so you should be careful and check yourself. I guess I am more aware because we had a dog and did camping. My son is preparing for his backwoods trip later this summer. I am looking around for an inexpensive vacuum food sealer. This way they can seal shelf stable food into small packages to last later in the trip. In backwoods camping the rule is that whatever you take in also comes out with you. That means carrying out your litter. We have found smoked bacon and cheese at a European deli. But that would need to be eaten the first day or else the bears will be following you. Yes they do have bear bangers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muscrat, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:17 PM   #1362
Proud Fan Club Member

You're always so organized. Is Grumpy that organized? I just told DS2 that I'm so organized and can't figure out why he and his brother didn't get that gene!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #1363
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, so sorry you are sick! I know it is no fun. Get well!
Kathy, I heard about those peopl traveling, taking sick and dying. We think we are done with cruising and international traveling. Maybe some road trips.
Ticks: our son in Maine posted on Facebook that he was clearing the trail down to the pond, and afterwords was covered with ticks! Eek. I pray he got them all off, and doesn’t get any decease.

Lynn, it sounds like you are taking care of Grumpy, too, looking for that sealer for his food for the trip. You guys take care of each other.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #1364
Proud Fan Club Member

O, I haven’t seen Jan. Neither she nor I posted to our TSFT blog hop this week. Were they going to one of their sons? Maybe she is sick. Or what about her hubby’s tests?
Unusual that she doesn’t check in.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #1365
Stazon Splitcoast

Lol thud! You have not seen my place! The only thing I have organized is my medical stuff.

Now if you need someone to pack! That is grumpy! This trip everything plus the canoe will be on their backs for part of the trip. Yup ounces do count. Size does count. Ivory bar of soap to clean everything!

So I went to my mouth doc. They said it would be 23c and humid. Nope was 14c and raining

23c is 73.4

14c is 57 f

Last I checked this is June... Right?

Forgot to say.. I had my doc going. She had been feeling a little bored. She tried retirement for about 2 hours. Then I come in! I need a mouth guard that I am not allergic to.. That I won't bite through in a year.. Corrects my TMJ and helps with my snoring.. But doesn't press against Rufus ( the hard bump I have growing on the roof of my mouth) and hopefully I can afford it or at least have insurance pay part!

Last edited by FMcrafter; 06-05-2019 at 02:01 PM..
Hawaiian likes this post.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:10 PM   #1366
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is my card for S2S19M ~ Sponge It

Country Thanks

I sponged the Whisper White card stock.
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
Old 06-05-2019, 11:42 PM   #1367
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, thanks...slowly improving. I hope Jan isn’t sick. I thought Steve had had his tests done. I may drop her an email.

Lynn, your son does sound organised...you both do.

I’m back from the Drs, $90+ for meds and have just popped my first duo antibiotic. I have a bad ear infection and also a crackle and slight chest infection. The ears are the worst and she wants to see me again on Saturday. Usually they don’t give antibiotics for the ears but she said they are so inflamed. She’s told me what to expect when they pop. Not looking forward to that bit. I have painkillers too plus a nasal spray...a different one to my nazonex. I’m to do my saline spray first....yuk. She says they are two different issues and no connection. No idea how I’ve got this. DIL1 is telling me that our DGS is still snotty and she hopes not from him.

At first she thought I had shingles....second time she’s thought this but no signs of a rash. I’m just so glad to have seen her and now hope the meds kick in quickly. I know when I’m unwell when I just pull on my trackies and go out only brushing my hair. I usually won’t go out without some lippy on as a minimum, and my hair is hideous after 3 days in bed but do I care....nope. Everyone in the Drs looked just like me lol.

Back in my jimjams but going to lounge on the couch for a while under my new comfy throw rug.

Sorry if some of you see this twice...doing a copy and paste to save retyping.

Happy day.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:45 AM   #1368
Forum Fanatic

Default S2S19V 'Hot air balloons'

Good morning ladies. Sorry this posting is late. Yesterday was 'Hot air Balloon Day'. I absolutely loved riding in a hot air balloon. It made me feel free as a bird. So peaceful, as compared to an airplane. Our challenge is to feature a hot air balloon on a card/project. If you do not have a stamp to do so, you may use regular balloons.
My sample card is here:
In the air by yellowrose46 - at Splitcoaststampers
FMcrafter, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:16 AM   #1369
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina, I thought of hot air balloons for my challenge at one stage and saw it was this week. Great challenge. I have a hot air balloon set...2 I think lol.

I’m changing mine daily...in my mind lol.

Thanks for the challenge. Happy day
Old 06-06-2019, 06:43 AM   #1370
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Has anyone ever thought of doing something and then there is the very thing you were thinking of before your eyes? Today’s ways to use it challenge....6s...I was thinking of doing that for my challenge lol. Good job I then changed my mind.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:01 AM   #1371
Gallery Gazer

Hi, I’m still here, I’ve been busy waving my worry stick, as Steve says, trying not to think!
Steve had his op last Friday, he had more done than he thought, he had to have some work done just behind his ear, he was in there an hour and a half, I was worried sick, even more so when he finally came out, he had a massive pad on the side of his head with bandages all around his head and a massive pad right down his cheek.
The surgeon says it’s not melanoma but has taken biopsy so we will be relieved when Steve goes back for a check up although his appointment book is t open so we can’t get a date until it does!
Steve being Steve was joking with the nurse, told her he went in looking like George Clooney and she’s sending him out looking like Al Capone
He’s had to go every day to have his dressing changed but now they’ve said when he has his blood tests next Tuesday they are hoping to take he stitches out, so now I’ve got to put iodine on his wounds and dress it, poor Steve, I’m really not a good nurse!

Of course while all this is going on we had a letter to have our colon tests, as if we aren’t at the Salud enough already, nothing is ever easy, we had to take the letter to the town medical centre, they gave us an appointment, then we had to go to the pharmacy to collect the test kits, took them back Tuesday and the nurse starts putting bar codes on Steve’s sample then asks where the second one is, we said well they only gave us one each! She tuts and pulls the barcodes off, anyway she gave us another one, so back we go the next morning
She was really lovely and we had a laugh about it.

Jayne I hope you are feeling better, sounds like you’ve been in a lot of pain, nothing worse than earache.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #1372
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Jan! Hugs! Head wounds bleed and need pressure.

So big huge hugs and quick healing for hubby!
Old 06-06-2019, 06:33 PM   #1373
Stazon Splitcoast

Now Jayne. You are not to spruce yourself up when you go to the doc. They need you to look as bad as you feel. It will help them diagnose you. So I am gonna put my jammers on and lay on the couch in solidarity!

Big huge hugs!
Old 06-06-2019, 10:50 PM   #1374
Gabfest Goddess

Wow I got 3 amazingly awesome gorgeous cards today when I got home from my Repeated Mamo !! I’m speechless and it sure came at a much needed time too. Prayers for Brother Steve’s healing and for the Ohana who we all go through it all with whom ever had to have surgery etc??
It was definitely perfectly timed the 3 amazing cards I received to get me in the right state of mind as I’m about to get ready to head on in for round 2 for eye 2 come tue. so mahalo Fairy Much Sis Jan wow you are so sweet not only for the gorgeous fairy card but all that goodies that came with it. I can’t wait to do you proud with them . It maybe awhile since im heading in for another eye surgery. Just hope and pray all the anxiety will go away with what the surgeon removes as well and my mojo comes back full steam ahead. Just wanna say you all are beyond words at how wonderfully amazing you all are and the kindness and hearts you all have!!
Sis Ina omg your Fairy Card wow !! The words and sentiment wow it touched my heart and reminded me I have all of my Sistah here that goes along my side when I go into these hard and challenging times in life. Mahalo Fairy Much for thinking and loving me the way you all do!!
Last but never least Sis Jayne . Giggles your fairy came in cute as can be and reminds me I have to go dig mine out and give her loving . But you know how I am when I get precious gifts it takes awhile before they get stopped being hoardered lol probably because I always want to keep them to myself and say oh I’m going to do a scrapbook LO which I havnt done since I’ve discovered Cards and SCS!! But I really need to for my grand kids sake. For memories to enjoyed even when I’m gone for them. More then words Sis Jayne and fairy fairy Mahalo Much for all you did and do for me and to always kick my butt when I’m going the wrong way or no way!! That how to lite my fire sis I think we bother we’re born firefighters in another life!! Wink wink RofLmfao!!
Sis Lynn sweet darling sis I definitely haven’t forgotten you either always wishing me and everyone well and those around you are so blessed by you and your amazing heart girl!!! Lift of didn’t take off yet ,but I’m praying soon as I get thee other eye completed I can go back to being a nag to my daugther to take me to the post office myself . Lately she been doing all the driving mr and mrs daisy around with all our appointments along with hers . I am so backed up on my postals stuff I’m so sorry just know I never ever forget I need to get there and soon .
Sis Kathy and my alpha Sistahs here love you all beyond words and goes for the awesome sistahood here too. Missed you Sis Faye Lynn glad your back. !!!
Much Aloha Fairy much to one and all!!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:59 PM   #1375
Gallery Gazer

Hi Sis Vicki, so pleased to hear your card arrived and you are recovering, I’m sure when you’ve recovered from your next surgery you will get your mojo back, it takes a while after not being able to craft for a while but I’m sure you’ll get there.
Thank you for your good wishes for Steve, poor thing has only got nursy Jan to look after him but I’m pleased to report that he’s still able to cook, LoL.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:25 PM   #1376
Gabfest Goddess

Alohaaaa Sis Jan!! Ha!!! No other nurse in the world can give him what you have for many years!! That’s your heart and soul!! What better care and meds can top that? I don’t think any! I was so blown away by the sweet thoughtfulness of your card and then omg Sis Ina and Sis Jayne too wow did you all plan it? Hehehe I got not just double the pleasure but triple!! Hehehe and that’s on top of Sis Lynn making my day too. Amazing love and Sistah-hood!!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:30 AM   #1377
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Oh Jan! Hugs! Head wounds bleed and need pressure.

So big huge hugs and quick healing for hubby!

Lynn Thanks for the kind thoughts, I’m pleased to see you are getting out and about, good for you.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #1378
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Jan

So good to see you back online. Glad Steve’s op went well and it’s not a melanoma. All the best to him for a speedy recovery. At least he’s still got his humour. Colon tests aren’t nice but necessary.

I’m slowly improving. Take care
jan31 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:16 AM   #1379
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sis Vicki so glad that your card finally arrived...better late than never. Did I send you stamped images of that fairy? Will add some in your parcel when I finally get back into my room.

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday. Keep positive.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:30 AM   #1380
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy weekend everyone. Hope you all slept well and have plans for a happy day.

It’s raining here and forecast for a few days. I’m snug as a bug in a rug under my new comfy throw.

Quick update....Dr says left ear slightly improved, right ear still swollen and full of fluid. She’s concerned about it erupting so keeping an eye on it but tells me it would heal within 3-6 mths if it does erupt. Let’s hope not. Chest good and only minor cough now. Meds for dizziness and nausea due to ear infection. Also antibiotics are double strength and if no better in 2 days I could have intravenous antibiotics but I have a repeat of these so will just keep going for another 5 days. The usual stuff....drink lots, vitamin c and rest. I am definitely doing the latter. I’ve never slept this much for ages.

Yesterday and last night was a shocker....I felt so ill again and ended up having to prop myself up with pillows due to the pain...sinus and headache and pain in one ear. After popping pills it came good. Dr tells me the meds should clear all up. Today I feel a little more like myself again...which I did on Thursday for a while and then went backwards but at least the whooshing in my ears has settled down a bit.

I was thinking back to when I was younger and had ear ache but this is something I don’t think olive oil and pushing cotton wool into my ears could fix...never had it this bad. We certainly take our hearing for granted...well I have..and this has made me realise. When son3 speaks now he has to repeat everything louder and more clearly...his mumbling couldn’t be understood before...hubby has to translate lol.

So I will do as I’m told and keep recovering. I can’t believe that a week has already gone and I’ve done very little. I may attempt to head into my craft room later, even if just to cut some die cuts.

Enjoy
Old 06-08-2019, 06:21 AM   #1381
Gallery Gazer

Jayne sounds like you’re having a rough time, I’ve only had sinus once, at a New Year party of all times, didn’t realise just thought I had a cold etc, felt like my head was going to explode that night, we had to go home from Benidorm on New Year’s Day I felt so bad!

My Mum used to warm olive oil on a spoon a tip it into my ears when I was young, I always had earache, turns out I had to have my adenoids out, cured my earaches.

It’s very warm here but so windy, had to peg my washing down on the roof, everything blowing about, just watched the trooping of the colour, Kings troop were part of Steve’s regiment, The Royal Horse Artillery, just watching little Prince Louis waving, he’s so cute and so like Prince George, very cute family. I only watched to see the kids on the balcony!
Old 06-08-2019, 03:57 PM   #1382
Stazon Splitcoast

Crossing my fingers.. My toes.. And my nose that everything goes well for Vicki!!!

I finally got out and about around 6 pm. I felt so medicated. Anyways.. I was trying to explain to sweet pea that if you say something the same way 3 times and the person doesn't understand then you need to change the words. I asked my friend if the Canadian Tire gas bar with car wash was nearby. She looked at me confused. I showed her thesign and she said no. I figured I wasn't seeing it right. So I said OK I will go look for gas. She said it is just down there.. There is no Canadian tire store near here! I said that I wasn't looking for the store I was looking for the gas bar with the car wash. When I said the brand all she could thinkwof was the store. w
Old 06-08-2019, 11:30 PM   #1383
Gabfest Goddess

Aww Mahalo Fairy Much Sis Lynn!!
As well for all my amazing Sistahs here . Truely the SCS Ohana really helps me in my whoas and aging . But it the so special loving Sistahs that I have so gotten to chillax with on a regular way which is this thread and the alpha along with the many reg Sistahs of the SCS community. The love and I can feel the power of my prayer warriors mostly from this and the alpha thread. No words but I love you all Fairy Much!!!
jan31 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:35 AM   #1384
Gallery Gazer

Hi Sis Vicki, good to see you around, I will be thinking of you on Tuesday, lovely to hear you are staying positive and looking forward to seeing you back here when it’s all over.
Take care xxx sending lots of hugs
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #1385
Stazon Splitcoast

Does anyone know if blood pressure medication can affect the eyes? I saw my eye doc 3 months ago but having a hard time reading. Second pink eye in 4 weeks even though I threw out the eye cups. My eyes are only comfortable when closed.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #1386
Gallery Gazer

Lynn I guess Ina might be the one to know, Steve took them for a couple of years but he didn’t have any side effects.
Perhaps you should see an optician, you don’t want to take any chances with your eyes.
Sorry I’m not much help!
Old 06-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #1387
Stazon Splitcoast

That's OK. I see my doc on Tuesday. I looked up my med and the side effects but it doesn't say that. Oh well. Not the first time I have had weird side effects.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #1388
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is a card for S2S19D:

Be a Winner

I know it doesn't follow the challenge to the letter, but I did use things from my stash.
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:23 PM   #1389
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday everyone...it's stormy and windy and raining here...3rd day in a row. No washing this end or it will end up over East LOL.

Jan, I also saw a bit of Trooping of the Colour and Prince Louis is so cute and like his brother. How's Steve going? Have you both done your other tests LOL? Get them done...I did mine a couple of months ago and all good.

Lynn, I used to be on BP tablets and they didn't affect my eyes. Maybe take up Jan's suggestion and see an optician. It could be something else...maybe an eye infection?

Hope everyone else is going ok. Ina is quiet..hope she is ok although I know it is vacation time for a lot of people on this site now summer is there.

I am improving and still don't have my hearing back fully but getting there. Could be worse.

I am just catching up on the challenges I've missed and will try and get onto some this week. I intend to try and do duplicate challenges going forward to make it quicker and easier for myself. I had craft group today. I wasn't going to go but it was at my friend's who is also our neighbour so I didn't have to go far. I made 1 very very simple card for a challenge..it probably could double up for Jan's but I have another idea for that one.

During the past week I haven't felt like doing a thing and have to be careful I don't overdo it as I ended up making myself worse on the weekend thinking I could do some things in my craft room....which was mainly tidy up and make a few panels. I did some sponging and saw today's challenge so they will meet that one and others...yay. I've written this week off and will just stay home again all week. I'm missing golf but couldn't play in this weather or with this ear infection. I've never had an ear infection like this...the Dr told me on Saturday that it is my middle ear and I keep wondering how I caught it and whether it may have been the flotation tank but that was weeks ago now.

I'm rambling...sorry...time to go. I have a timed limit on myself today and want to post some favourites.

Take care and will be back when I can. Enjoy
Old 06-10-2019, 05:56 AM   #1390
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s my card which I’m going to put in two challenges....S2S19M...I will do another one for this challenge but felt this one could go in too.

I started making this for Ina’s Put a favourite flower on it. As I’d been sponging some panels to stop myself becoming bored and needed motivation, I thought yep that’s it...put a flower on it. Roses are one of my favourite flowers although I do love all flowers.
Here the card for challenge S2S19U too. Hope we can double dip lol.

Double Sponged Roses with Thoughts by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 06-10-2019, 05:57 AM   #1391
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s my card for ina’s Hot Air Balloon challenge.

Hot air balloon hello by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 06-10-2019, 06:04 AM   #1392
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

This one is for Jan’s challenge to use scraps. S2S19O.

I didn’t do the inside but it’s a start. I’m using up my scraps lol. Thanks Jan for the challenge.
A Wonky scrappy Hello by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 06-10-2019, 06:08 AM   #1393
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Another one for Ina’s challenge...S2S19M. I’m on a roll with sponging....I must be getting better...lol.

Colourful Fly by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 06-10-2019, 07:43 AM   #1394
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, yes we managed to get our tests done in the end, Steve is fine and it looks to be healing well, he has his stitches our tomorrow after his blood tests so I think it might look better without black blanket stitches down his face and head,LOL,

Sounds like you on a roll making all these cards and meeting all the challenges ,trying not to dwell on things I’ve been very productive, I must have made twenty cards in the last week or so,I’ve been doing different folds mainly different Z folds, I’ve been using free papers from my craft mags, the pile of papers doesn’t seem to be getting any smaller though.

It’s turned very hot here,I was glad to get home from our walk today it was 32c when we got back to the car at 10.45am, when we left I said I was felling cool as it was cloudy!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #1395
Stazon Splitcoast

So yesterday was weird. It was 29c in here and I wasn't sweating. Usually I look like I just took a shower.. Excessive sweating is my norm.

I called the pharmacy this morning and explained everything. He said to stop the med. He will do research before my doc appointment tomorrow. Now if we can find a med that works AND calms my sweating that would be nice!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #1396
Gallery Gazer

Good luck with that Lynn, I still get overheated in bed.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:56 AM   #1397
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Good luck with that Lynn, I still get overheated in bed.
Jan, I am not going to tpuch that one with a ten foot pole, ha, ha!
Old 06-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #1398
Forum Fanatic

Sorry I have been MIA. All is well here, just busy. So much gardening, added to the clean up from my leaking collapsed ceiling. The new roof is on. Then meetings, a ladies' pot luck breakfast, out for dinner. And this morning we had a SU team meeting. Had a swap, for which I made 9 cards, and it turns out that several ladies did not come, so I have 4 cards left over.
It is raining here too, but not hard enough to soak the ground, so I had to water the newly planted asparagus and flowers.
I'm glad you are improving Jayne. Good news on the Jan and Steve front too. Now we just need to get Lynn well. Lynn, you probably got an answer already, but I really have not heard of eye issues with bp medication, unless there are a lot of other nasty symptoms too.
How about you Kathy? Things going o.k. now?
I'm off to looks at Jaynes gallery and all her new cards.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #1399
Gallery Gazer

Good to see you Ina, you’ve been a busy Bee. Better than being bored though, not sure why people think retirement is boring!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #1400
Stazon Splitcoast

Collapsed ceiling! Eekk that will cut into your crafting budget! I hope not too much was damaged.

Lynn is back to sweating again! My eyes are quite sensitive as my eye doc likes to remind me. Sometimes things will show up there first especially since I check them daily.