Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-30-2019, 04:30 PM   #1081
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I think Jayne is on the way home!

Wooohooo !, Buckle up everyone!!! Good times and goofiness is about to hit oir threads again!! Oh happy day!! Roflol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
jan31, smadson, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:00 AM   #1082
Gallery Gazer

Looking forward to hearing about Jayne’s travels and spending spree!
FMcrafter, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:20 AM   #1083
Gabfest Goddess

I second that Sis Jan... Alohaaa!!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:28 AM   #1084
Gabfest Goddess

Here we go for my penguins day challenge

Hawaiian_From The Heart by Hawaiian - at Splitcoaststampers
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:23 AM   #1085
Forum Fanatic

Sharon and Vicki, thanks for commenting on my car cards. You mentioned that now I would have some masculine cards on hand, I used them right away ........one for my ex-husband and one for his sister's ex boyfriend. That was Apr. 10.
jan31, smadson, FMcrafter and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:21 PM   #1086
Stazon Splitcoast

Crazy rain day! If it keeps going like this I will need hip waders!
https://www.cabelas.ca/category/fishing-waders/2366
Old 05-02-2019, 03:47 AM   #1087
Forum Fanatic

Default S2S19Q 'Metals'

Are you ready for another challenge? We are featuring metals. Here is a chance to get some masculine cards done. In my sample, I used champagne foil paper and also silver cs. You can use metallic like papers, or a faux metallic technique, or even metallic looking embellishments. P.S., yyou don't have to make a maan card.
Tool Time! by yellowrose46 - at Splitcoaststampers

Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:31 AM   #1088
Gallery Gazer

Ina seeing your card made me smile, have you heard of Bob the Builder, children’s TV program? Well seeing as I’m always climbing ladders and doing jobs steve now calls me Bobbette the builder!
smadson, muscrat, FMcrafter and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:36 AM   #1089
Gallery Gazer

I might have time to try this challenge tomorrow seeing as the car wasn’t quite ready to collect this evening! Going a bit stir crazy so we walked over the road and around the block, had breakfast at the restaurant just across from us, I did some shopping white the man came with the new outside blind, the wind has ripped it over the years.
ScrappinCEO, smadson, FMcrafter and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:47 PM   #1090
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, You have a restaurant right across from you? Boy, if that isn’t too convenient!
I hope you can get your car back quickly, now!
muscrat, FMcrafter, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #1091
Forum Fanatic

Sharon, it sounds like a pretty ideal place to live. Restaurant across the street, water close by and heat, which I would really welcome right now, after the winter we had.
Things did look up today when it got up to 17° C, with a fair amount iof sunshine. I was out for an hour in my garden, but I had prmised an elderly couple from our church that I would visit. They live with their son now and he works all day. Neither one of them can drive anymore .......he's 90, she 87 and had a stroke last year. They live outside a tiny village where they don't know anyone. They were so happy with my visit and we had a wonderful time together. I stayed a lot longer than I intended, so no more gardening for me today. Tomorrow, forecast for rain, but Saturday I hope to get lots d^one.
ScrappinCEO, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:02 PM   #1092
Stazon Splitcoast

I survived! Burp!! We went to a Brazil steakhouse for dinner in the heart of downtown. The beefcake boys walk around with meat on skewers and big knives. They bring the skewer to your table.. If you want some then they slice pieces off and you grab it with things that look like icd cube thongs. They had 3 pineapples on a skewer with a touch of cinnamon on it toasted over the fire for a bit. Yum. They also have a banana rolled in a sweet bread crumb like mixture served hot. I are wwaaaaayyy too much.sweet pea kept getting embarrassed by my looking at the men!
ScrappinCEO and Ozpom like this post.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:50 PM   #1093
Gallery Gazer

Lynn our son went to a restaurant like you’ve described, he couldn’t believe the meats that they brought around. No doubt he will take us when we go over,

We are lucky as the restaurant is just across the road although it’s the main road to the port so we have to cross a walk way, or drive all the way around, it’s spanish and they do a lovely evening meal, the thing is they never change the menu, it’s been the same since we moved in, they do tapas all day too but we had our tomatoes on toast, we also have a lovely Indian restaurant within ten minutes walk, we went the other night, 12.50€ for three course and a drink.

We got excited as when Steve rang they said the car would be ready last night then they rang to say while fixing the new part they found a tiny worn part so needed to order it, should be ready today, we are hoping this morning so our friends can take us down to the town to collect it.
ScrappinCEO, FMcrafter, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:00 AM   #1094
Gallery Gazer

My card for the challenge Ina, I had already made it when I was going made using Treasure gold!!

Birthday Girl by jan31 - at Splitcoaststampers
FMcrafter and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:01 AM   #1095
Gallery Gazer

This is the open card but it's not a good photo.
Attached Thumbnails
img_3356.jpg  
ScrappinCEO, muscrat, FMcrafter and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:08 AM   #1096
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday....I’m back lol. Since we came home I’ve done 6 loads of washing and cleaned and went to watch the poppets swim at their school swim class. This weekend is also going to be a busy one as the poppets are coming over tomorrow, then footy and golf and Monday craft group. No time to let the grass grow under my feet right now lol.

I’ve tried to keep up with updates but hope you all are all going ok. Sharon, good to hear that you are feeling a little better.
Lynn, happy 30th to grumpy and the restaurant sounds fun.
Jan, hope you get your car back soon. Hubby will relate to you missing your car and not wanting to change it. His is about 18 years old and still looking good apart feom the side where it hit a gate driven by me...silly car didn’t see the gate.... lol.

I came home to some lovely surprises in the mail...was totally spoilt.

Japan was amazing and we plan to go back again sometime. The place is probably our favourite in Asia. We love it all and I miss my warm toilet seats lol. Yep goofiness is back.

As for my shopping, it didn’t go to plan. Hubby suggested I didn’t buy in the shop in Tokyo and that’s the last time I will listen to him regarding shopping and craft lol.

I then saw items in Osaka in a shop and didn’t get back there. It’s all quite overwhelming. I spent 2 hours in the copic section filling my basket and really wanted a set but they had only got one that I didn’t like....so after 2 hrs I put them all back except a few that I thought would go with my Prismacolour marker pens and colours I didn’t have. Do you know how hard it is to find the right pigeon hole for copics with different numbers. I had a headache by the end and overwhelmed. At $5 each plus tax they were a bargain.

A lady spent the same time trying to help me and when I was in the very long checkout queue that moved so efficiently and quickly, she came up to me and gave me her iPhone with a 10% voucher on it. It saved me enough to put towards other goods later lol. I couldn’t thank her enough and that is how the Japanese people are. They just want to help and are such a peaceful nation and want to atone I think for what happened during the war. Their children are growing up to be respectful and learn how to continue to be a peaceful nation. They not only respect their fellow countrymen but particularly also America. I think it’s their way of reconciling with such a terrible past. Their country is probably the cleanest we’ve been to and they are the most respectful people we’ve come across whilst travelling. People just genuinely want to help.

So I find myself hobbling out of the shop as I had acquired several blisters, and wishing I’d just bought in Tokyo when hubby says....come on and takes me on the train all the way back to a store we had been to previously and says he will go park himself and his book and I’m to shop until closing time which was an hour later. He’s such a darling and a keeper. He knows how important craft is to me but before I leave him on the bench, reminds me I can’t be a fairy godmother to everyone when I tell him how many people I know would love some things lol. I so wish I could have filled a case and got something for all my crafty friends.

I didn’t buy much washi tape or stickers as planned and stuck to things that are expensive here or I don’t have and would like and use. I found Tombow glue that cost $3 which I pay at least $10 for here. I could have easily filled a case with goodies but our bank balance may have had a hard time recovering lol.

For those who keep a planner, it’s like being in Aladdin’s cave. They have so many things for planners that I’ve never seen before. in cafes people sit writing in their planners even though every person seems to have the latest iPhone and on it when travelling. I did buy the cutest and tiniest stencil for my travel journal and one each for the poppets plus some marker pens for them that erase if you make a mistake...so cool. I think the best purchase I made were the Kuretake gem watercolour paints.....a fraction of the price I’ve seen them online.......nah....all of it lol. I am happy with all my purchases.

So that’s my update. Shop until you drop I say and will need to create a lot based on what I spent.

And yes, I am one spoilt lady. Hubby says.....Happy wife, happy life lol.

Good to be back and I intend to create from next week after our crazy weekend. Hugs
ScrappinCEO, muscrat and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:54 AM   #1097
Gallery Gazer

Jayne great to see you back safe and sound, sounds like an amazing trip. I’m like that fill a basket and then have second thoughts and put stuff back, Steve tells me to just get what I want, he’s very patient too.
How long is the flight from home to Japan?

I bet he family are pleased to have you home too.
muscrat, FMcrafter, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:50 AM   #1098
Stazon Splitcoast

In case y'all think I fell off the planet, I have not. Reading back sounds like everyone has had some adventures in one form or another. Had to giggle at Lynn's post about watching the waiters That would be me. LOL What a pair we would make.

Jan, hope the car is back soon. Bob refuses to leave me without a back-up vehicle but then NOTHING is within walking distance here except the mail box lol.

Bob left yesterday for 28-30 days. Those are days Ill be working furiously to get caught up and maybe ahead before we get the grandgirls on June 1 for the summer.

Lots of rain/ storms here. We've been exempt from the bad weather, just lots of rain and we aren't finished by the sound of it.. rain in the forecast through next Thursday except Sunday may give us a break.

I've been keeping my tickets. So glad I do't count my SU purchases (business) because I placed the biggest pre-order I've ever done! Yikes. Now to make that pay for itself.

My sister and I are into a series of Junk Journal challenges on YouTube/ FB by dearjuliejulie. We're having so much fun and we finally have something we can do 'together'. After her bout with breast cancer last fall, we are spending more time together and as I always say.. Family First.

That said, I've decided to open an Etsy shop.. test run and see how things go. I ordered a lot of items from Su clearance to turn into journal kits for the shop as well as embellishment items. We shall see. My goal is to make enough to double the principle on the house payment every month so that Bob can retire in 5 years when his license comes due again. He has to renew this year and I want it to be the last time.
And I'm still trying to finish Book 2 in my book series. Release date got pushed to July 2.
And now you know why you don't see much of me LOL
jan31, muscrat, FMcrafter and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:54 AM   #1099
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi, Jayne! Hi, Kelly! Nice to see you both checking in.

Hawaiian, I finally got your Fairy Challenge done!
S2S19N, Fairy for Hwaiian sm by smadson - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 05-03-2019, 12:01 PM   #1100
Gallery Gazer

Yippee we have our car back! We didn’t get it until 5pm but at least we can go out tomorrow!

Having plenty of time in my craft room this week I’ve made about five birthday cards for my stash, I found two tins with accordion cards bases in so I’ve been using them up, I still have about five more, not sure why I cut so many, I think the excitement of having the new die went to my head, that was about five years ago though, LOL
Old 05-03-2019, 04:19 PM   #1101
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah! Jayne is home safe!

I M still bloated from yesterday! Grumpy picked up stuff for the garage sale at the church.

I have emptied an expidit unit for grumpy. He will be mad that I moved it! But I put it on a bath mat and just pushed it.

Now to finish pricing the stamps.. I have them everywhere in my living room! I mean every where!
Old 05-03-2019, 04:27 PM   #1102
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Yeah! Jayne is home safe!

I M still bloated from yesterday! Grumpy picked up stuff for the garage sale at the church.

I have emptied an expidit unit for grumpy. He will be mad that I moved it! But I put it on a bath mat and just pushed it.

Now to finish pricing the stamps.. I have them everywhere in my living room! I mean every where!
What's stamps are you selling? Hope you aren't get rid of everything! Stamping is good therapy!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 05-03-2019, 04:43 PM   #1103
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy I have 8 of these made of plastic FULL

Ikea Expedit Storage Bin Light Green 13 X 15 X 13" Fabric Drona Fits Kallax: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen

which is mostly old SU clamshells. If you are looking for something I can mail it to you

Oh that is just one expedit unit.. I have another one. I will take a picture of what I have left once I can get in there
muscrat and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:49 PM   #1104
Stazon Splitcoast

It is going to sweet pea and you can make something like this

KALLAX Desk combination - white - IKEA
Hawaiian likes this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #1105
Stazon Splitcoast

here is one corner of my space.. I think I still have tons of stuff! LOLOLOL

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:46 PM   #1106
Proud Fan Club Member

If its all SU, I probably have it! LOL.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #1107
Stazon Splitcoast

I am keeping a lot of the MFT that has matching dies. I did find something that will be out in the mail to you when I get a chance.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #1108
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh.. I would send hugs but I REALLY need a shower!!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:35 PM   #1109
Proud Fan Club Member

Maybe a shower would help me. I am having problems with allergies. Had a sinus headache until I finally took ibuprofen. Now I just have hoarse throat and sinus drainage.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #1110
Gallery Gazer

Kathy I feel for you, I’ve only had sinus problems a couple of times but the pain in my head was terrible
Old 05-04-2019, 05:17 AM   #1111
Forum Fanatic

Welcome back from your vacation Jayne. And welcome back with us too Kelly. Lynn, good for you to clear out supplies you don't need. I am also in the process of culling my 'stuff'. Once I am finished, I am going to adopt a philosophy of 'whenever I buy something new, I will get rid of something old'. Inwill be having a large yard sale in the early summer.
Kathy, I hope your allergies improve soon.
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:18 AM   #1112
Proud Fan Club Member

As soon as DS leaves for work I will get in the shower. I don't think this is allergies now. My throat was sore and I had to spray it through the night. I sound worse than a croaking frog and I can't seem to clear my throat. Sinus headache is visiting again.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 06:55 AM   #1113
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
As soon as DS leaves for work I will get in the shower. I don't think this is allergies now. My throat was sore and I had to spray it through the night. I sound worse than a croaking frog and I can't seem to clear my throat. Sinus headache is visiting again.

Oh, no, Kathy! Don’t be sick! This sick stuff is terrible!
jan31 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:15 AM   #1114
Proud Fan Club Member

The shower felt good, but other than feeling clean, my head feels full and I'm still croaking.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 07:50 AM   #1115
Forum Fanatic

Kathy, so sorry this seems more than allergies. Vitamin C, lots of fluida and rest!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:00 PM   #1116
Stazon Splitcoast

Uuughh. Did my good dead. Went through Daryl's closet and cleared 1/8 of it. Now my temp hubby has clothing at a height he can reach. I grabbed a few things for me but I feel like I am grave robbing.

So temp hubby update is that his daughter moved out of province. The son will be moving soon and wants pops to move to Cambridge ON with them. But!!! No one has cleared out her stuff! How are they gonna move a 2 bedrm apartment quickly when my temp hubby has no energy? And I am NOT volunteering! I will continue to go over till he finish paying me back and he makes a decision on the sewing machine. I know it sounds harsh but I need to stand my ground or I will get sucked in again.
jan31 likes this post.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:50 PM   #1117
Stazon Splitcoast

OK so I have slept 1 hour over the past 2 days so I am gonna switch back to days early
Old 05-05-2019, 11:05 PM   #1118
Gallery Gazer

Had a lovely day yesterday, the football match was early, at 11am, sadly we lost but some old friends turned up so we enjoyed ourselves, it was Mother’s Day here in Spain so we went out for lunch at the Marina, couldn’t believe it was so busy, took ages to find a parking place, much like August when the holidaymakers are here, people in line for tables at nearly all of the restaurants! We had to sit in the sun to eat which we don’t like to so skipped coffee and went to our morning cafe instead, cooler and more peaceful,
Our weather is hotting up now, oh and Pedro told us we have won the lottery, he kept making five signs with his hands, we think €55 hardly a fortune but exciting, ha,ha,
FMcrafter and Ozpom like this post.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:04 AM   #1119
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Oh.. I would send hugs but I REALLY need a shower!!

FMcrafter likes this post.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:11 AM   #1120
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday everyone. Kathy I hope that you are feeling much better today.

Ina, did you see my pm to you? A HUGE thank you....you don't know how gobsmacked I was and happy. Thank you heaps.

Welcome back Kelly and enjoy your poppets.

Today was craft group and we made a beautiful folding card that I will post a photo of when I can. It took forever and now my SU friend is wanting a tutorial on a sliding Z fold card. Does anyone have one as I'd like to help her? She makes beautiful cards and is so patient with me and another friend. It was fun.

I have had to revisit my goals today as I can't believe how quickly the year is going and I am not achieving much. I am back to 1 card min./week and at least 2 scrapbook pages per week. I need to create more and chat less LOL but I like to do both so I need to cut down on chit chat...but you ladies know me better LOL.

Jan, I hope that lotto win is 55m...that would be awesome LOL. Don't forget your SCS friends LOL. Only kidding....well maybe a business class ticket to the UK would be nice LOL

Time to pop on a couple more threads and say a quick hi. Tomorrow I need to update my challenge list from this thread and others and finally get my craft room back into order and create.

Ina/Lynn...I like your philosophy on getting rid of craft stuff. I have decided that if I have something that I haven't used and probably won't ever use it is going. I have way too much stash and need to use, including all my marker pens that I already have let alone the few copics I bought. They will all be dried up if I don't use them LOL.

Bye for now lovely ladies...hugs
FMcrafter likes this post.