Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #681
Gabfest Goddess

Aloha All you loving Sistahs!!! Just popping in .. I too have fallen back a few Challenges ....but wanted to stop by and say Aloha!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
jan31, smadson, FMcrafter and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:20 PM   #682
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm on the naughty list! It has been soo long since I have had the energy! Now I just need to be good and don't go overboard trying to get things done!

I did finally clean out my cookbooks! From 3 shelves down to one. I have already brought all my paperbacks to the library.

Small steps but I am moving forward! If I am to move into the same building as my son I will need to downsize more.
smadson, muscrat, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:50 AM   #683
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina, awesome card for Sharon's challenge.
How wonderful for your DGS to skate out with the flag. So special.

Sharon, I did follow CalvinBall 2019 but haven't had a moment to check it out yet but I know I won't do a page a day. I've just completed February and posted my LOs and now am bringing myself into March from tomorrow LOL. I want to check out some card challenges and do the ones on here before I start scrapping again so I may not get to LOs again until end of the week.

I try and fit craft in during arvo's and on Saturdays when I can. I also have a free day on Wednesday and Fridays to myself (most weeks) but unfortunately these are the days I try and make appointments and catch up with friends...it is an endless routine and some weeks I just want to get off the merry-go-round. Still, I have choices and can always say no. That is my biggest problem but I'm learning.

My biggest challenge right now (apart from craft) is getting through my house chores list. I do a regular clean every week but decluttering and those once every few months chores seem to be still on my list. It's again about choices and I am realising that some things can just be left as I won't have time to read all the books I have, movies I want to watch and albums I want to create in what may be left of my lifetime. As long as my home is clean when people pop in that is all that matters and I close the door on the clutter for now LOL.

We also run Sunday golf for our Club and that takes up time. Tomorrow I have to write a section for the newsletter as I was the Sunday co-ordinator this Summer. Hubby is the Captain when the Sunday season starts again next week so he is also busy and I help him with fixtures, etc. We can't say we let the grass grow under our feet LOL.

Apart from our travel, we are pretty much home bodies in the evenings occasionally going out for dinners with friends, seeing family and attending parties such as the one last night.

Golf takes up a lot of our time but I know there will come a day that I will not be able to walk 18 holes and maybe not play so I am enjoying every minute of it whilst I can....plus it's my exercise.

And of course, there's the poppets but now they are back at school we only see them once per week. Not sure what will happen when son2 has a family....and then son3. Gosh something will have to go out of my schedule LOL.

We have been very busy this weekend....a 21st birthday party next door at our neighbours and we didn't come home until 1am....we haven't done this for a very long time. It was fun and we met some lovely people. Today we have been out all day at golf and since we got home at 7.30pm I have been on this pc posting my LOs and doing my favourites. I am absolutely stuffed LOL and now it's time for bed. I don't even have the energy to check in on some other threads and say hello.

I enjoy this site, I love the people that I have met and who I consider "friends". You all bring me joy and I am very grateful and will always try and find time to say hi when I can.

Now I really am going to bed.....I'm pooped plus I think I've rabbited on...sorry.

Nite everyone. Enjoy your Sunday
jan31, smadson and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:23 AM   #684
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Jayne! I just got up, and after reading this I am ready for bed again. Also, I gather you are younger than my 73 years!

Last edited by smadson; 03-03-2019 at 06:26 AM..
Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #685
Gallery Gazer

Sharon reading Jayne’s post made me tired too.
smadson, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #686
Stazon Splitcoast

I did groceries! Yeah! I come home and put the frozen away. I rest.. I put the remainder away.. Then I need a Nana nap! Ugghh. Grumpy is off helping grandpa today.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #687
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Sharon reading Jayne’s post made me tired too.

If you give a mouse a cookie...
Old 03-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #688
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmm I think grumpy and sweet pea will actually like having me in the building.. Sweet pea forgot her keys.. Stole grumpy keys.. Grumpy came over to get the spare set I have.
jan31 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:32 PM   #689
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lol...sorry ladies. I went to bed thinking why did I post that and was going to delete it this morning but you beat me to it lol.

I’m still in my nightie..now 11.30am. I’ve decided to just go with the flow today. First washing to hang out and my new iPad is about to die...loving it..so much faster and it knows what I want to say lol.

Happy Monday..it’s a public holiday here today....I have washing to hang out. I may craft...I may sleep..I may go and see the poppets...wherever the flow takes me lol.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:39 PM   #690
Gallery Gazer

Jayne you sure have a busy life, we did when we first came over but now we are happy to enjoy a quieter life, well apart from traveling but that’s to see family of course, just wish we all lived closer but that’s life!
Old 03-04-2019, 01:27 AM   #691
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, some weeks are busier than others. The heat isn't helping. After golf yesterday I am feeling totally drained. I finally got out of my nightie at 1.30pm and had a burst of energy so I did a lick and polish clean LOL....by 3pm I felt I needed another shower LOL. Now I feel totally exhausted and could crawl back into bed.

The good news for today is that I did 3 loads of washing and 2 are dry and folded and part of 1 put away. The heat is good for something LOL.

Tomorrow it's going to be 39 degrees celsius and I am not playing golf...I am going to have a crafty day unless Murphy steps in again LOL.

Just checking out all of the challenges on the site and updating my list. It's a long one LOL

Happy day
smadson and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:09 AM   #692
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I know what you mean abou the heat, here in summer it can be unbearable but not usually humid, thank goodness. We tend to chill out, swimming, sitting the shade, even crafting sometimes is impossible when you stick to everything. We still do our daily walk but early so we are back before it gets too hot. In summer I could hang my washing out and by the time I get to the other end the first things are almost dry!, I have to iron them damp and then hang things out, well that’s the few things that I iron nowadays, LOL
At the moment it’s perfect, cool first thing but by lunchtime it’s glorious,
Old 03-04-2019, 07:19 AM   #693
Proud Fan Club Member

HI everyone. I have been lurking around this group for a little while, you are so friendly I thought i'd stick my head up and say hello. I have been doing more cards again lately and am determined not to buy any more paper or cardstock until I make a big dent in my stash. I'm also showing some love to older stamp sets, tools and accessories. I have so much stuff it's ridiculous, from when I was a SU demo, and from scrap booking camps wit Creative Memories, and supplies for my dollhouse miniatures and papercrafting hobbies. I'm trying to bring some order to my crafting room and my scrap booking/genealogy room, but it's pretty slow going at times. Anyway, I've started a gallery and am learning how to use it and how to join in challenges. I look forward to making some new friends as I nibble away at my stash.
muscrat, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #694
Gallery Gazer

Hi Vannie, welcome to the group, I’m looking forward to seeing your work, we are all striving to use all the stash, that’s my goal this year, not to buy any new stuff, ha,ha,
It’s an ongoing battle for us all but I’m determined to try.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:27 AM   #695
Gallery Gazer

I’ve been making Christmas cards I have some wooden snowflakes that I was deciding if they matched the papers on the card but realised I had lost one off the sheet, I looked but gave up in the end, just came downstairs and put my sweater on and there was the missing snowflake, stuck to the arm of my sweater.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:32 AM   #696
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, Jan. I just realized that I didn't put my real name on my posting. I use Vannie as an online nickname for a lot of groups.
Elaine
jan31, muscrat, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:41 AM   #697
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome Vannie!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 03-04-2019, 07:43 AM   #698
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm hosting the last Thursday of march. I sure hope I can remember that long! I have my challenge in my head, just need to make a sample! Someone please remind me to post it if you don't see it up then! I think my order will be in before then and I can use some stuff from it!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 03-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #699
Gallery Gazer

Elaine, I did wonder if that was your name but I thought it might be a shortened version of your name, LoL
Anywa welcome Elaine
Hawaiian likes this post.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #700
Forum Fanatic

Welcome Elaine. This is a very chatty group. Kind and caring too. But beware, we may also be enablers. I admire your focus on using supplies you already have. We share that commitment here, but we don't always succeed. At least I don't.
Kathy, I will remind you about the challenge a week ahead.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #701
Proud Fan Club Member

Made 63 cards in February...a few were 3x3's but they count as they also take time and supplies!

None of those cards were for this challenge! Need to remedy that soon.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:07 AM   #702
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by FayeMakesCardsView Post
Made 63 cards in February...a few were 3x3's but they count as they also take time and supplies!

None of those cards were for this challenge! Need to remedy that soon.

Oh wow, so many cards, you really need to attach them to a challenge to make more money for your totals.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #703
Forum Fanatic

Fayetteville, what do you do with all your cards? Do you donate them to charities, or do you send most of them out yourself?
Old 03-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #704
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Oh wow, so many cards, you really need to attach them to a challenge to make more money for your totals.
I don't do well when having to make a card with boundaries...and many of my cards are similar in style...dp, ribbon, rhinestones, sentiment...simple.

Uploading to the gallery takes a lot of time for me as I am not fast on the computer but I have fun making the cards.
jan31, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:59 AM   #705
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Fayetteville, what do you do with all your cards? Do you donate them to charities, or do you send most of them out yourself?

I donate at least 50 cards every other month to the local hospital infusion bay area in my town. I mail about 10 cards a month, I usually fail at that come about May...

Today as I was preparing cards for donation I realized that the edges of the cards were black, it took me a bit to realize it is from the box where I keep them...sliding the cards back and forth is rubbing on the inside of the box.

I had to trim off a smidge on the side of the card that was facing down in the box. I found a plastic box to store the cards in now. Never had this happen before but the last 2 months I must have been looking through them a bit more.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #706
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by FayeMakesCardsView Post
I don't do well when having to make a card with boundaries...and many of my cards are similar in style...dp, ribbon, rhinestones, sentiment...simple.

Uploading to the gallery takes a lot of time for me as I am not fast on the computer but I have fun making the cards.

I know what you mean, I always find it hard too but I think I’m learning, thanks mainly to being on here and practice, my problem is that I only make cards for family and friends so challenges that dont fit with a card I would use I wouldn’t do the challenge, family cards to me are very personal.
THe main thing is enjoying making cards and crafting.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:38 AM   #707
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay, I found out how to link my card to a posting here. Hitch Hiker's Tribute by Vannie - at Splitcoaststampers
I think. Trying it out now.
Elaine
jan31, smadson, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #708
Gallery Gazer

Well done Elaine it worked.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:59 PM   #709
Stazon Splitcoast

I will definitely make a card liked this

Sherry"s Stamped Treasures: Humorous Masculine Card
auntangie, smadson, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:05 PM   #710
Forum Fanatic

I have that card pinned on Pinterest.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:53 PM   #711
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome Elaine....if you like to chat you’ve come to the right place and lovely ladies. Great card for Ina’s challenge.

It’s Tuesday. It’s hot again and I’m staying indoors. Jan our heat is usually dry too and apart from days such as today it’s generally very pleasant. We have had more humidity this year which my hair doesn’t like. The washing does dry quickly though

I am about to finish my plan for today and the rest of this week....I’m so disorganised at present. I also intend to create....a LO as I’ve been fouled in the scrapping thread and then cards.

Lynn great card for a male.

Sleep well...time to seize the day...wait.....hubby has just asked if I would like a coffee...ok I’ll stay horizontal for a while more lol
Old 03-04-2019, 09:55 PM   #712
Gabfest Goddess

Welcome Vannie!!! This is a thread with amazing loving ladies and they can be so funny too. I love this thread and the ladies on it ... a few of us are also on another thread that is so close to my heart as well which is called the Alphas
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:51 PM   #713
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I took these photos last night...one from inside, then I ran out the back to take it as it was getting brighter...just awesome and then of our postage stamp garden and hubby cooking our dinner lol. Happy day. I'm off to play in my room soon.

smadson and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:03 PM   #714
Gallery Gazer

Jayne gorgeous photos, the colour of the sky through the top window is amazing.
Your garden looks super tidy, is your grass real turf, I say that as it’s so neat it must take hours of care, Steve is thinking of putting some artificial grass around our pool for safety, get sick of hearing ourselves keep saying, “don’t run with wet feet” to the GSs.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:03 PM   #715
Gallery Gazer

Jayne forgot to say I love your outdoor space,
Old 03-04-2019, 11:10 PM   #716
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's some photos I took last night. I saw the beautiful sunset from the window in our
family room....ran outside to get a better photo and then took one of our little postage stamp garden and hubby cooking my dinner lol. Happy day

Last edited by Ozpom; 03-05-2019 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Delete...posted twice...oops
Old 03-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #717
Stazon Splitcoast

Great pix Jayne! I am coming over! Lol

Just finished breakfast and remember ed that it is pancake Tuesday!

The city says they are removing more snow! Yeah! For those who don't get snow. In a big city there aren't many places to put snow. The street corners get quite bad because the piles of snow are higher than your car. They used to take the downtown snow and put it in the lake. I think that is how the Leslie street spit was created.
smadson, muscrat, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #718
Stazon Splitcoast

This is what used to be called the Leslie street spit

Home - Tommy Thompson Park | Leslie Street Spit
Old 03-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #719
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, you have to scrap them! LOL
Old 03-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #720
Proud Fan Club Member

Did I say, welcome Elaine? Welcome Elaine!