Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-07-2019, 04:04 AM   #441
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

I have my stamps out for your challenge Ina....got stuck with others and made 3.5 cards. Will finish one off tomorro and then do yours and that's my card quota for the week.

Got so carried away in my craft room and hubby was in the study doing his ancestry hobby and now we are waiting for dinner to cook. It's late for us.....8pm...we don't like eating this late unless we are on holiday. I can see one of us being up with indigestion...hope it's not me lol

Jan, I forgot to say that I hope Steve gets his ailments sorted out. The bleeding behind the ear may be a skin thing that needs zapping...hope that's all it is. Thinking of you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-07-2019, 07:29 AM   #442
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Jayne, the way the doctor was talking hopefully that’s all it will be, I have to put old pillowcases on Steve’s pillow as he keeps catching it and it’s ruined some with blood, I’ve had vanish etc on them and some came off.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:40 AM   #443
Gallery Gazer

Had lunch out after painting the utility, salad, meatball stew, pork slices in orange sauce, chocolate cake, coffee and a glass of wine for €10 each, they even gave us a Baileys and gum drops it was so busy, mind you most were Germans, snowbirds of course but everyone was enjoying the sun.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:35 PM   #444
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Food is so cheap in Europe....sounds wonderful.

I went to aqua aerobics and I was the youngest there. The ladies gave me a run for my money. It was hard going.

I came home, did a couple of chores and after my shower found I couldn't straighten up. I've been horizontal with my heat pack for a while and finding I have some movement again but will have to take it easy. I have a gym assessment tomorrow and may have to reschedule...we shall see. I did my L3/4 in many years ago and occasionally it goes. I usually can feel it coming on and going to the gym doesn't normally affect it, but I've been so slack the past year other than golf and walking that I think that my body now just can't do what it used to.....the old grey mare ain't what she used to be LOL.

I hope I get into my craft room to finish my cards...I found another challenge, so that's now 2.5 cards to do and scrapping, plus I have reading, online classes to do....and so my list goes on.

Tomorrow we shall go and watch the poppets swim.

Now it's time for lunch....Jan's post has made me hungry LOL.

Happy Friday and weekend everyone
Old 02-07-2019, 09:42 PM   #445
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, hope your back improves, our DIL has done her back in too, when they were skiing, she has to fly to Seattle on Sunday for a conference so that should be fun for her.
I used to love aqua aerobics, used to give me cramp in my toes if I stretched them though! Every time, mind you if I have cramp it’s usually in my toes, odd.

Just had the flight details for our son arriving in July just waiting for ours to collect the boys from England.

We’ve been away since 5.30am! We have to scrape some flaking paint off the outside of my hobby room and then paint it again then I can start on Ina’s challenge, started yesterday but wasn’t happy with it!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #446
Gabfest Goddess

Absolutely gorgeous Sis Ina ..I’m working on mine too and I think I broke my big shot doing it ( now the big shot is really shot!!
Old 02-08-2019, 01:39 AM   #447
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Jan....I'm moving again but taking it easy. I've been posting cards on this site and chatting with myself as everyone was asleep..lol. I hope your DIL comes good. She will find the flight uncomfortable. I can't sit for long when mine goes. I also got cramp today....lol. Exciting time coming for you. Is this your son from the US or all from the UK?

Sis Vicki, nothing worse than your Big Shot being shot....eek. Hope you can get it fixed. Contact Sizzex....you never know. Were you trying to emboss flowers....lol

I'm heading up to my craft room...I started the sketch challenge and have Ina's card to do but hubby has just said it's nearly dinner time. We had a nana nap earlier so I lost track of time...oops.

Have a fun day. I rescheduled my gym....oh well.....this old mare is about to move...slowly lol
Old 02-08-2019, 04:33 AM   #448
Forum Fanatic

Oh Jayne, so sorry about your back. I thought water exercise was supposed to be gentle ane easy on the joints. I pray you get relief soon.
My sister-in-law had a hip replacement surgery yesterday. The surgeon said the surgery was a success, but......... I had those little 'but' words. The surgeon did not realize how brittle my SIL's bones are and during the operation, she (the surgeon) fractured the top of the femur, and had to repair that too. Now, my SIL will need to have no weight bearing for at least 6 weeks. It will be a difficult time for my SIL, as she is a very independant lady, only 73, and was counting on a quick recovery. Now, I think I may have to stay with her for a few weeks, and that will be difficult for me, as she is quite controlling. But at least she lives only 6 miles from me and I can slip back home if needed.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:43 AM   #449
Gabfest Goddess

Haha Sis Jayne .. nope I was Embossing a pre-cut panel for the base of my card for ins challenge and next thing I know everything went popping and cracking and that booger spit it backward out at me the whole base, plates, EF with CS lol Yeps plates are all cracked lol and now when I try to use the big shot it cranks as if it farting lol also if I do hold it it spits everything back at me if I try to run anything through....don’t look like it’s healthy to run dies through because I tested it again with ef and paper the embossed cs comes out warped in the center lol so I guess if I had to send it to sizzix to repair the cost of shipping along would be well over getting a new one ...what’s a ole lady to do? Lol time to start pinching pennies !! So glad I got these challenges that require using up stash lol weeeee. Will upload my card with the one that shot the big shot soon lol
ScrappinCEO and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:56 AM   #450
Gallery Gazer

Oh Dear Ina, poor SIL, it’s always hard to be inactive when you’re recovering from an op, at least with your nursing skills she is in good hands, poor Steve has to put up with me LOL.

Sis Vicki, that doesn’t sound good, at least I only broke a plate, first time ever, this afternoon I dropped the base plate with the layers on my foot, slipped off the machine, made me hop around I can tell you.

Is it easy to get craft items where you are? We were watching a programme last night about Hawaii, looks beautiful, I was surprised how green it was but maybe the time of year, I’m used to here being dusty because of heat and lack of rain. When we travel north we always comment when we see green fields in Spain.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:24 AM   #451
Proud Fan Club Member

Vickster. Maybe your handle needs tightened. I had issues with mine and took the handle off and put it back on and I'm back in business. I must say, though, that I have a back up that I bought on clearance for $37. I wish I had bought all three they were getting rid of! I use mine every time I make a card!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:29 AM   #452
Gabfest Goddess

Sis Ina thoughts and prayers for your SIL , you and all of Your Ohana!!!

Ouchie Sis Jan . My goodness that had to have hurt just glad it wasn’t mr big stuff himself that landed on your foot oh my!!! I was totally shock when everything came fly back at me . Good thing I still had good reflexes to prevent any harm to myself. But I can imagine that pressure of fly back at someone and if the plates cracked completely apart and flipped it’s sharp cracked edges at someone it could have been every deadly. Nothing to laugh at but. Would it that be called killer big shot? Lol yes and I just got new plates too!!
No we do t have much of any great crafting stores here many have shut down ... we have actually one major one called Ben Franklin and because they know they are about the only craft supplier like how Michael’s , hobby lobby , Joann’s , etc are they have such horrid employees and even owners .can you imagine some employee hanging up on you because you asked for a manager and also getting into a confrontation and mouthy with you? That’s not the only time I had expended bad customer service from that store many employ employees treat customers badly especially the elderly I really don’t ever want to spend a penny in that company at all even if it the only one we have. Id rather pay the outrageous shipping they slap on to Hawaii then pay thise employees pay checks . These people forget who signs their checks . They truely believe the signature on the check is who pays it lol so uneducated but then if their owners act that way it’s clear where their employees get it from lol. I seriously think Hobby Lobby should come and open up here and give these greedy rude fools a run for the business and watch how that think they mighty fall to a Minnie Mouse lol competition is a very good thing for us consumers!!
jan31 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:29 AM   #453
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning! I've missed hopping on here! A dear friend near us is in her 80s and has so many health issues and she mentioned that she just refuses to give up. I'm so glad she has that attitude, b/c she could truly give up and be miserable or more miserable likely. It's always so good to see her in church Sunday mornings when she can make it. And even then you know she likely barely made it. Oh my! I keep doing my yoga in hopes it keeps me limber and healthy!

I miss doing the SCS challenges here, but I've got this grown up Valentine kit I bought myself and it's been super fun to work at a little each day! I'll post a pic soon. They are llamas...oooo, I'm loving llamas!

it's Friday and little girl finally went off to school today...they had a snow day yesterday and she was home sick the other days! Got in her to the dr and she may have a touch of pneumonia. She is antibiotics now and I am relieved over all that we can finally hopefully kick this. I miss her this morning, she is my little ray of sunshine.

Off to work on some llama Valentine while the little man sleeps in....so rare let me tell ya'!
Old 02-08-2019, 06:37 AM   #454
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Vickster. Maybe your handle needs tightened. I had issues with mine and took the handle off and put it back on and I'm back in business. I must say, though, that I have a back up that I bought on clearance for $37. I wish I had bought all three they were getting rid of! I use mine every time I make a card!
I wish you did to Sis!! Mahalo Fairy Much . I’ll try play Ms Fix it so wish your time machine was working because I know you can fix anything Sis!! I just hope I don’t do more Ms broke it more lol but what is there to lose if I can’t use my Dies since I like you always use my mr big stuff for everytime I create too. So glad I have much leftovers and misfits begging to be used ...maybe that’s what someone trying to tell me by taking my big shot out? But even with all the stash that big shot is like my right hand ...
Old 02-08-2019, 07:36 AM   #455
Gallery Gazer

Luckily I had my boot slippers on so it cushioned it a little, caught my shin bone as it went down, probably have a bruise tomorrow, I’ve always got bruises, I can never remember what I did, when Steve points them out I always say I bet he did it, ha,ha,
Old 02-08-2019, 08:03 AM   #456
Gabfest Goddess

Haha Sis Jan good reply!!!
Well here’s a card me and my big shot if ever I get it fixed will truely remember!!! Lol
For Sis Ina’s E challenge....

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=408248

Here is a Second one good thing the bkg panel already came from my stash embossed already!! Lol

ScrappinCEO, jan31 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #457
Gabfest Goddess

Mahalo Sis Jan for your kind words and loving , greatly appreciated!!
jan31 likes this post.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:27 AM   #458
Gabfest Goddess

Well I’m going to catch me a power nap...I have to get ready for a exciting meet and greet today ...
Old 02-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #459
Proud Fan Club Member

There are fix it tutorials on YouTube. I figure if its broke and not under warranty, you cant do anymore damage than is already done.

Type in fix big shot on YouTube and you might find something to help. I have found that in most cases, it just needs a little TLC and comes back to life!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 02-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #460
Stazon Splitcoast

So when I went to bed I was hot.. My bedroom was 78 so I cracked open the window a little bit. This morning I was dreaming I was in a snow storm. Woke up and my bedroom is now 62 cause the wind changed. Yup I live on the 10 the floor and the wind can change the temp of my place quickly!

Ina I am glad that you will be close to home. Don't do as I have been doing! Big hugs
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #461
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is a card for the S2S19B to add die cuts:

Sending Prayers
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
Old 02-08-2019, 11:34 PM   #462
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Oh Jayne, so sorry about your back. I thought water exercise was supposed to be gentle ane easy on the joints. I pray you get relief soon.
My sister-in-law had a hip replacement surgery yesterday. The surgeon said the surgery was a success, but......... I had those little 'but' words. The surgeon did not realize how brittle my SIL's bones are and during the operation, she (the surgeon) fractured the top of the femur, and had to repair that too. Now, my SIL will need to have no weight bearing for at least 6 weeks. It will be a difficult time for my SIL, as she is a very independant lady, only 73, and was counting on a quick recovery. Now, I think I may have to stay with her for a few weeks, and that will be difficult for me, as she is quite controlling. But at least she lives only 6 miles from me and I can slip back home if needed.

Thanks Ina....I thought water exercise was good for you too but I think this has been coming on for a few weeks. I get twinges from time to time and have to do daily stretches. With the class earlier in the week and then aqua I just think I overstretched or something. It's ok today but I am being careful.

Sorry to hear about your SIL...sounds painful. I think it would be difficult to have someone in your space so probably a good thing you are staying with her and then can pop home.

Take care
Old 02-08-2019, 11:38 PM   #463
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Luckily I had my boot slippers on so it cushioned it a little, caught my shin bone as it went down, probably have a bruise tomorrow, I’ve always got bruises, I can never remember what I did, when Steve points them out I always say I bet he did it, ha,ha,
Are we sisters LOL? I am so clumsy and always bruising myself. I walked into a pole at mini-golf with the poppets today...fortunately my sunnies stopped me getting a sore/bruised nose but it felt sore for a while. Everyone was laughing except me and the poppets....kids are so gentle and comforting
jan31 likes this post.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:40 PM   #464
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawaiianView Post
Haha Sis Jan good reply!!!
Well here’s a card me and my big shot if ever I get it fixed will truely remember!!! Lol
For Sis Ina’s E challenge....

Here is a Second one good thing the bkg panel already came from my stash embossed already!! Lol

Absolutely gorgeous cards...I love that EF...is that SU?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:40 PM   #465
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawaiianView Post
Well I’m going to catch me a power nap...I have to get ready for a exciting meet and greet today ...
Come on, you can't leave us all hanging like that....who was it? Did they bring some craft supplies with them LOL
Old 02-08-2019, 11:43 PM   #466
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday everyone....it's been a nice day so far....watch poppets swim, brunch with son1 and his family then play mini-golf...my back is now ok thanks. Upload another card and now on this site. Thinking about more craft or will just read/chill. Easy lazy day.

Have fun
Old 02-08-2019, 11:47 PM   #467
Gallery Gazer

I’ve got a lovely lump and bruise on my shin! I once banged my nose on the door post, I know crazy, I went to the bathroom in the night, half asleep, pitch black and walked into it, had a lovely bruise, it still sometimes shows up even now, now I walk with my hands outstretched feeling for the door, when I was working it was usually my thighs where I caught myself on desk corners.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:54 PM   #468
Gallery Gazer

Well we now have our flights all booked, we had about an hour emailing with DIL last night, bad timings for flights but never mind, July is now fully booked, what with Steve haveing blood tests, fitness tests, cardiologists app, now we fly to the uk for one night, bring the boys back then ten days later our son arrived for two weeks before takes the boys home for school starting. Our eldest might be coming while we have the boys on their own, it’s the only time we have room! Jack has only met the boys once so it would be nice to have them together.
DIL has a week with her parents, three days in Portugal, four days in Switzerland then when we arrive in the uk she is flying to Dublin for another conference, I don’t know how she knows where she is!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:17 AM   #469
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I’ve got a lovely lump and bruise on my shin! I once banged my nose on the door post, I know crazy, I went to the bathroom in the night, half asleep, pitch black and walked into it, had a lovely bruise, it still sometimes shows up even now, now I walk with my hands outstretched feeling for the door, when I was working it was usually my thighs where I caught myself on desk corners.

LOL...that's so me
Old 02-09-2019, 05:43 AM   #470
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Jan, I have a tiny flashlight at my bedside for bathroom visits during the night. It does not light up enough to keep me wake, but it is enough to stop me from injuring myself.
jan31 likes this post.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:40 PM   #471
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina, here's my card for your challenge. I posted it in two more challenges. I shall use this challenge again......loving your challenges. Thank you.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=428835
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:14 AM   #472
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday everyone.....

Check out who is this week's Featured Stamper...it's our own Sally....whoop, whoop. Well done Sally. I am so happy for you. This is your week and I would go out and buy a lotto ticket LOL. First a Misti win and now you are our special FS. Awesome. Enjoy it all.

Have fun today everyone
ScrappinCEO, jan31 and muscrat like this post.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:44 AM   #473
Gallery Gazer

Well done sally
Old 02-10-2019, 09:07 AM   #474
Gallery Gazer

We’ve been to watch football this morning actually in the village next to the new airport, not one plane landed!

Anyway there were so many fields of almonds, it was hard to get a good photo from the car but this was the best unfortunately not the pink flowers, they are so beautiful
Attached Thumbnails
0fa62d5e-dd8f-4aa9-877d-35820dc28fb0.jpg  
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #475
Gallery Gazer

Sorry the photo is upside down
Old 02-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #476
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is my card for the S2S19A Progressive challenge:

Get Well Flower 6x6#30

Thank You Ladies for the pats on the back. All of you are wonderful and beautiful. Blessings to all of you!
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
Old 02-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #477
Stazon Splitcoast

Never would have thought if this

The Paper Boutique: MISTI
FayeMakesCards, ScrappinCEO and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:10 AM   #478
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday....just a quick hello as dinner is ready. I cooked a veggie lasagne and it looks and smells delicious....I usually make a meat one and this is the first I've made just with veggies. It needs a glass of wine to go with it LOL.

My back also went into spasms yesterday and I can't sit again for long periods. I am better standing. It will come good but I need to slow down and not be silly otherwise I will be out of action for weeks.

Have a great day and will be back online when I can.
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:28 AM   #479
Gallery Gazer

We overdid it today, we had some grouting to do inside the conservatory and the two steps outside, poor Steve had the job of scraping out the old grout on the semi circular step, it’s like crazy paving so very hard work, it was so hot in the sun too, then I had to fill in and clean it all, that was after doing inside and the other step. We will most likely have a day off form doing Jobs tomorrow as we both ache, LOL getting too old for these things really.
We’ve just had turkey steaks with roast veggies, potatoes, carrots, turnip, parsnips, leeks and onions, lovely.

I finished my cards yesterday for Ina’s challenge but it was so late by the time I went up to my craft room today I forgot to upload them, I did two, not my best but!!!
ScrappinCEO, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #480
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls.
popping in for a few minutes. I've been buried in prepping for a fabric junk journal challenge. This is soooo much fun! I'm having a blast. If you want details, I have them on my blog today.

Also found out today we'll have the girls the last week in March for 6 days. I need to adjust my writing schedule so I can stay on track for my release deadline.

Bob is still on the boat. I told him he needs to stay out at least 2 more weeks so I can get caught up. LOL. Wish me luck.