Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #1441
Stazon Splitcoast

I must be insane!!

So I had an idea this morning. I know! Strange but true! So I went into my crap room which was 33 celcius with all the fans on! Yup hot! I made you a post card! OK it is the first time doing this but I made a post card on my printer and just mailed them. I should have remember ed to leave room for stamps but I was melted by then..lol. So hopefully you will get a post card from me sending you all hugs!

In case they don't get there

Hugs!!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO, jan31, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #1442
Proud Fan Club Member

Were a bit hotter here at 94°. I'm staying inside in the ac but when I do go outside I ache from being the cool! Can't win!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #1443
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Kathy I did curbside pick up from Chipotle! I had a blue surgical mask on and I couldn't breathe! I asked and I may be able to breathe better with a face shield but was told I should just stay home. I hid in my bedroom with the AC were it was much more comfortable at 86 f.
ScrappinCEO, jan31 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #1444
Proud Fan Club Member

The virus is on the rise again. I still say people were careless and carefree at our expense. One young man who survived the virus admitted that he thought it was much Ado about nothing until he got it! I think the young people are going to learn the hard way and I don't wish that on anyone. I bought a box of masks at Walmart on Friday and a huge bottle of hand sanitizer at CVS too. And I'm still stocked up on TP and antibacterial spray. I feel sick just thinking about having to start all over if people don't soon take it seriously!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #1445
Forum Fanatic

Thanks for the hug Lynn. Back at you and all our 'sisters' here. I've been down with my vertigo for a couple of days. I must have become dehydrated on Saturday afternoon when I mowed the lawn. I was wearing a hat, and stopping a number of times to get cooled down and drink water, but it must not have been enough. Slowly improving now, and hopefully we will have rain and cooler temps tomorrow.
I am sorry your numbers are going up Kathy. Too many people think that with the opening up, that the danger is past. I went out for breakfast on Friday morning with 2 friends. Take out at the marina, physical distancing, eating at 2 picnic tables, between the three of us, but one of the ladies just didn't get that we still need to keep our distance. So, if an adult doesn't get it, why would young people, who want to be social and are themselves less at risk of harm than others.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:31 PM   #1446
Proud Fan Club Member

I didn't miss mean to mislead you. Our numbers are not going up in Pennsylvania. Florida, Texas, and Arizona are just a couple of the states where their numbers are on the rise. I just made sure I was stocked up in case we have round two.

Daily Scripture Thread

ScrappinCEO and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:07 AM   #1447
Gallery Gazer

Numbers are rising in CA , most likely all the protesting going on,it will be the same in the UK and here I think now we have flights coming in from everywhere, we are just keeping to walking, breakfast where we know they are clean and shopping, early, mask are the law here inside so that’s good although about six Guardia police stood around a table this morning chatting and having coffee, no distancing, if we did it they would be across to fine us, I know they are outside but I thought it was still law to social distance.

As Steve says they can do what they like we will keep safe.
ScrappinCEO, FMcrafter and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:08 AM   #1448
Gallery Gazer

Lynn that’s a lovely thought, sending hugs back,our mail is taking three weeks from CA and Jayne still hasn’t had her card and I posted that a month ago!
ScrappinCEO, FMcrafter and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:39 AM   #1449
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, no secret although as I get older I don’t really make too much of a fuss about it but do love happy mail...any kind LOL. I still don’t have Jan’s card and others that ladies on this site have said they have sent. I shall just have to keep celebrating LOL. We went out on Saturday with the boys and poppets and DILs for brunch. It was the first time we have all been together since Xmas and was just lovely. Lots of love and hugs and it always makes me so happy to have them all together.

Yesterday was low key although DH did take me to the local craft shop. I had a $50 voucher and of course spent more. I only went for embossing powders but did I come out with just those...nope...stamp sets, paper...as if I need more paper LOL...stencil...embellishments. Oh well. We took cake up to the poppets after school as they love birthdays and wanted to see me. Takeaway dinner and done. Nothing fancy but very pleasant...I didn’t have to cook or clean LOL.

I received lots of flowers, choccies, bubbles (champers) and craft gift vouchers and a couple of items from DH but nothing major. I don’t expect a thing and need nothing as when we need something, we usually buy it. DH bought me the upgrade for Photoshop...I didn’t even use the first one...oops...so must use this one, a portable battery for my iPhone for golf as I record the scores through an app now, and a jigsaw puzzle LOL. He gave me a beautiful card and was such a softie all day with me...I am blessed.

Thank you to all of you ladies for your birthday wishes and for the cards I have received so far. Happy mail anytime is good.

Our State is remaining closed to other States until the virus is gone.  Victoria (near Melbourne) has had more cases this week...2nd spike...and community spread so our Premier is being careful.  Most of our restrictions here in our State are being lifted soon and including up to 30,000 at a sporting event or concert in a few weeks provided we still have zero cases.  People are being complacent and at golf on Sunday some ladies came up and hugged me.  I didn’t have the heart to push them away but found it very uncomfortable and they just say well we don’t have any cases here but I am still being careful.  I much prefer to just hug our family.  Other friends are like me and we just bump elbows when we meet or blow kisses. It’s become the new norm.

My brother has just FaceTimed me so I’ve now lost my thread on what I was going to say LOL....they have just been able to see their 3 month old grandson for the first time in the UK but nothing open yet except a few shops. My SIL was telling me that customers take the clothes home to try on and when they return them they have to go into a special room for 72 hours before they are put back on the hangers in the store.

Well ladies, time for me to check on dinner....having lamb casserole as it’s so cold here...nice warm hearty food LOL. 

Keep safe and well and big hugs

Last edited by Ozpom; 06-23-2020 at 02:45 AM..
ScrappinCEO and FMcrafter like this post.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:41 AM   #1450
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, everyone!

No way I'll ever catch up but I hope to be back more regular next week. Bob goes back to work a week from today after being home just over a week instead of 3. Ugh.

The studio still isn't completely done. I stsill have Paper Pumpkin kits to break down, some stamp/ die reorganzing to do and sets going back to the SU holiday to catalog.

I'm behind on at least 3 journals but am starting a new project with dearjuliejulie tonight. We're going to be making a Little Golden Book journal. This is going to be a tough one for me as I have collected LGB since I was 12. I did find a couple of duplicates I can work with. That beginner class starts tonight at 6 p.m. CST on dearjuliejuie's YouTube channel. She has all of her classes for now set as Premiere's so she can be in the chat room to answer questions and visit with us.
I'm also starting the June Just 15 Junk Journal Challenge - today. LOL Due June 30th. I just didn't have any place to work until this week!

We are still safe and sound here.
Yes, Kathy, I'm sure there will be a round 2. I've also been stocking up on things like hamburger - $General is still only $4 per pound for the 80/20. Every week I buy 3 hamburger, 3 sausage, 3 smoked sausage.
I'm hoping to break out the pressure canner in a couple of weeks and get the hamburger canned to open up freezer room.
jan31 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:44 AM   #1451
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46
View Post

I've been putting this off for a long time, but I finally got around to making a mask. The one in this photo is a prototype, with fabric that is not my favourite, but it fits really well.

I need to get a couple made.
Sue and her family are moving back to WA state in August. Right now they are near Birmingham where masks are mandetory. Though we are talking about a meet-up in TN so we don't have to drive as ar and would give us an extra day with the girls. Someone will be keeping an eye on things for us here while we're gone but we can still only be gone a couple of nights. NOt near enough time with our girls. This stuff has really messed with us having the girls this summer. Grrr
jan31 likes this post.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:45 AM   #1452
Stazon Splitcoast

Belated Crafty Birthday Blessings, Jayne!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:48 AM   #1453
Proud Fan Club Member

Walmart had masks so I bought a box of 25. I also bought a large 32 ounce bottle of hand sanitizer at CVS. It's Germ X brand that i usually buy .I don't need it yet but I was getting low from filling all our travel containers.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 08:32 AM   #1454
Stazon Splitcoast

Canada is opening in stages. A lot of Ontario has already hit stage 2. Toronto will go to stage 2 tomorrow.

I also worry about another spike. There was a huge beach party last weekend, like what happened in Florida. Some people feel that restrictions do not affect them..sigh. Until we have a vaccine I will still have to continue to stay safe.. The fact I am allergic to most antibiotics is not changing. So yup I will stay safe and bored! Lol

Stay safe everyone!
muscrat and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:48 AM   #1455
Proud Fan Club Member

If you buy hand sanitizer make sure it does not contain methanol. Apparently some hand sanitizer is being produced in Mexico using methanol and in high doses. It is not the same as ethyl alcohol, which is the good stuff.

US warns against Mexican sanitizer gel containing methanol | PAhomepage.com

Daily Scripture Thread

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:15 AM   #1456
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Kelly for the birthday wishes. Good to hear from you and wow you have a lot of journal projects on the go. Can't wait to see what you make. I would like to get back to making another journal but not enough time at present and I'm trying to catch up on scrapping and card challenges.

We are at stage 4 but we are concerned at what is happening over East in Melbourne and every day more and more cases and community spread..very few from overseas travel now. DH suggested I stock up on loo roll, soap and hand sanitiser today when I did the food shopping, just in case. We still don't have some products on our shelves which have been out since March.

I don't know where this is all going to end but we watch what is happening in the UK and the States and Brazil and it's still a concern. Now we hear that Arizona is in trouble and they were ok up until recently. Our Premier is adamant we are not reopening our State until it is all gone in Oz. I think what he has done for us has been marvellous and our State is the first one to get to Stage 4.

Keep safe and well girls and enjoy your day.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:09 AM   #1457
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a wonderful day!!!!

I slept!! Yeah! It is 19c today and I can breathe! I got in the car and went to my LSS, only 40 minutes away! She was open and I was the only one in the store. She has completely redesigned the store so there is plenty of room to move. I wanted to play with everything!! Lol I did see a few things that I asked her to show me so I was touching nothing. I will take a picture in a minute. The ride home was great as there weren't as many cars as I expected...oh I got to use the toilet at the store and I did clean it up after myself.

Last edited by FMcrafter; 06-24-2020 at 10:39 AM..
smadson, muscrat and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:42 AM   #1458
Gallery Gazer

Lynn good for you, pleased to hear you finally left home and enjoyed yourself, I love all the bits and pieces you’ve bought.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #1459
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan how is life in Spain?
Old 06-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #1460
Gallery Gazer

Lynn in a word hot, ha, ha, we’re good thanks lynn, just chilling out after our walk and shopping this morning, I went into the PO and there were so many people waiting they were lining up down the road as it’s only big enough for three inside with the two metres distancing, why do I always get behind someone posting something that’s a problem!

Your paper pack looks as if it has some lovely colours in it, what’s the one with the bits in it, are they stickers.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #1461
Stazon Splitcoast

Technically I have two.

I bought a vintage Christmas grab bag. A vintage sticker sheet. Sparkly ribbon. Spellbinder ornament die. 68 clear sticker pack. Sparkly die cuts a 10 pack of ivory card blanks plus envelopes
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:17 AM   #1462
Stazon Splitcoast

I got flora no 3 6*6 paper pack..sticker sheet.. Pack of ephemera. All the same company. If I can get my head on straight I wanna make cards

https://www.echoparkpaper.com/collections/flora-no-3/

Oh I bought an embellies pack as well on a whim. I know.. I am a bad girl!

Last edited by FMcrafter; 06-24-2020 at 02:39 PM..
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:07 PM   #1463
Gallery Gazer

Wow lynn, enjoy playing
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:03 PM   #1464
Stazon Splitcoast

MY first travelers notebook spread

jan31, smadson, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #1465
Stazon Splitcoast

This person sounds like she has done the research for a mask that is more breathable

Old 06-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #1466
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Whoohoo Lynn has been shopping and what a stash. Now I don’t feel bad lol. Love your page in your journal.

Happy Thursday everyone. It was 5 degrees about half an hour ago..brrr
Old 06-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #1467
Proud Fan Club Member

We had a beautiful day hear. Nearly perfection! Warm with low humidity and great breeze!

Daily Scripture Thread

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #1468
Stazon Splitcoast

For your night viewing Kathy!

This Week’s Sky: June 22 to 28 | SkyNews
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:43 PM   #1469
Stazon Splitcoast

second TN layout using stickers I got in the embellie grab bag. it is HARD to lay the thing flat!

Old 06-24-2020, 07:52 PM   #1470
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter
View Post

For your night viewing Kathy!This Week’s Sky: June 22 to 28 | SkyNews

I just came in from star gazing! It's exceptionally quiet out there tonight. All I could hear was a bullfrog, probably up at my uncle's pond. I also occasionally hear a chirp that sounded like a fire detector battery dying! Not sure what that was. My sister told me that they saw a Fisher out the road the other day. They look like an ugly weasel. And the noise they make at night sounds like someone screaming! I didn't hear him, luckily!

fisher cat - Google Search

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 12:26 PM   #1471
Stazon Splitcoast

Wooohooo! I have strawberries!!! Woohoo! Grumpy has been looking for strawberries for me but hasn't found any. Grumpy' Chinese mom found some and just dropped them off as a surprise for me. I think I will have strawberry juice dripping down my face in five minutes! Look away! Lo!
Old 06-25-2020, 09:26 PM   #1472
Gallery Gazer

Kathy that sure is an ugly looking animal, wouldn’t like to meet him on a dark night.

Lynn you look like you are enjoying yourself, lovely LOs, wish you lived near as we have so many strawberries on our plants we can’t eat them quick enough, I made strawberry muffins yesterday.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:27 PM   #1473
Gallery Gazer

Ina how are you? I hope you are feeling better?
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:20 PM   #1474
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, you just took the words out of my mouth. I meant to send Ina hugs for her vertigo and thought I must check in on her. Ina, like Jan, how are you? Hope that you are now ok.

Lynn, we have strawberries here....they can’t get rid of them quick enough at the farms as they aren’t being shipped anywhere. I suggested to DIL1 that we go with the poppets and fill up some crates tomorrow but she has plans for us all to get together for her birthday weekend.

Yay I’m finally home and can play, plus an Ali Edwards order has just arrived. My last order I’m expecting. I also checked out VSN sneak peaks but nothing is helping my lack of mojo today. Maybe another day. I can’t play in VSN this time unless it rains heavily on Sunday so let’s hope it does....the forecast says it will so I’m holding the weather people to that LOL.

Happy weekend
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #1475
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Jayne! Hope you get to pop in sometime on Zoom for VSN to say Hi!

Ina, hope your vertigo is gone now!

Yummy, strawberries Lynn! I love them! I used to pick strawberries during my teens during summer for spending money.

Kathy, I hate the sound that critter makes!

Jan, I so love those puppies!
Old 06-26-2020, 04:54 PM   #1476
Forum Fanatic

Hello everyone! Thanks for asking about the vertigo. Today is the first day my head feels good. So I managed to walk again for the first time this week. Also went out for Friday breakfast with my friends. Mowed part of my lawn this afternoon when a big part of it was in the shade.
Lynn, you got yourself a nice little stash there. Don't call yourself a bad girl. If it inspires you and you are going to use it, it's all good. Besides you drove all the way up there, you may as well make it worthwhile.
The mask video that you showed, definitely is a good light mask, but I think that chiffon knit might be a little harder to sew.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:27 PM   #1477
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina glad you are feeling a little better. My head has been slowly moving on it’s own...I think my menieres is back too but not so bad it debilitates me. Do you take meds. I have some and may start taking them for a week as last time they fixed me.

I did go on VSN for a couple of hours. Was fun. Have been out for lunch and now chilling before I either have a nap or head back into my play room. Happy weekend everyone
Old 06-27-2020, 03:01 AM   #1478
Forum Fanatic

Jayne, I used to take medication. It's called Serc or betahistine, but I asked my doctor point blank if it is effective and he said, "If you think it helps, then it helps." In other words, it has a placebo effect. Now, I just take something for the nausea and try to super hydrate. I have been thoroughly investigated by a specialist and I don't actually have menieres. Through my own investigation, I figured out that the attacks are triggered by mild dehydration. So I drink and drink (water).
I have not been paper crafting at all lately. Just been busy with my gardens and lawn and making masks for my family.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:46 AM   #1479
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina, My Dr said I had menieres a few years ago as I get dizzy spells and feel as though my head is moving on it’s own. Wierd feeling and difficult to describe. She gave me Stenzine which my DH also was given for vertigo. I took them for a week or two and they worked. It’s now come back and I’m sure is coming from my inner ear. I should really go back to the Drs. I’ve never had a test and not sure why she diagnosed me with menieres. I don’t know much about it. I have felt nauseous too recently but was taking vitamin D tablets and stopped those and the nausea has gone Mine is more about feeling dizzy if I look down.

Have a great weekend and take care.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:55 AM   #1480
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry everyone. I went quite loopy there and grumpy sent me to my room! Lol Things have been so different with this isolation. Anyways I am shifting to night which usually takes a few days.

Everyone stay safe!
Ozpom likes this post.