Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-18-2020, 04:16 AM   #81
Forum Fanatic

Wow, your cards are gorgeous Lynn!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-18-2020, 09:47 AM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all! Warning! This turned into a very looooong post.

Glad to hear that all who have been sick or injured are on the mend.

Over the last couple of months I have been working on organizing my dies and stamps with matching dies. I started by gathering them all in one place. (How did they get stashed in so many places?) and then sorted by theme and then started making samples of each. I was surprised by how many I wasn't thrilled with once I actually had them cut out and how many I LOVED more than I thought I would. The "not so thrilled" ones are getting bagged and marked for garage sale at the time I cut them out so I don't have to remember whether or not I liked it or make time to go back to do this later. The ones that match stamps are going on a piece of magnetic vent cover in the same package as the stamps. The stand alone dies are going on magnetic vent cover glued to chipboard and getting stored in old CM sticker binder pages, sorted by theme. It is a much slower process than I thought it would be, but all progress is good.

Rethinking my commitments for 2020. The BF and I took possession of 40 acres on November 1. This coming spring will be a busy one. For starters we will be building a barn to move the sheep to in order to be able to increase the flock and to get them out of the back yard. We will be busy repairing/replacing fencing, building a barn, planting pasture on part and a cash crop on the rest. Going to have to be very judicious in what goes into the garden this year as we won't have the time to weed and then to preserve the harvest that we normally do.

I started using a planner this year. Tried one last year and gave up before April. I have been using a 2 year monthly calendar for for keeping track of appointments and my work schedule for several years. But I found that it wasn't big enough to keep track of crafting goals and commitments. I have to admit that I have been disappointed in what I found on-line about using a planner. Most were more about decorating planner pages than actual practicality. Decorating the pages feels more like another "project" I don't have time for. So going to try using the monthly pages so I can see all my commitments for the month on one page and weekly pages for what I plan to actually do for each commitment. Also going to use it to keep track of exercise. We'll see how it goes.

I need to get out and get the shoveling done before the temperature drops. We got hit with a blizzard yesterday. I was supposed to go to the BF's and check on the animals yesterday, but didn't feel like a safe thing to do. (He has been in Florida since Dec 18 and will hopefully be back this coming week) It didn't start snowing here until about 12:30. By the time I got off work an hour later conditions had deteriorated to the point that my 12 minute drive home took 35 minutes and I had 3 text messages from my mom that the road conditions in Des Moines (the direction I was headed in) had made the news in St. Louis. Winter weather advisory in effect until this evening. Will head down there tomorrow after work. Unless someone decided to lamb in the storm, which has happened, all should be fine, only minorly worried about the one that lambed a couple of weeks ago running out of water.

Sorry for the long post. I have been super busy and though I have stopped by to see what all of you are up to I haven't posted much in the last couple of months.

Angie
SCS20 challenge $169
ScrappinCEO, muscrat, FMcrafter and 2 others like this post.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #83
Forum Fanatic

So good to hear from you Angie. We are getting your snow today. I have not ventured on the road, so don't know if there are blizzard conditions out there. It's pretty sheltered in our cul-de-sac. I just shovelled 4 inches off 1/3 of my driveway and then a neighbour came by and blew out the rest.
How far away is your new 40 acres. Will it still require driving back and forth?
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Angie! Wow!!!!!

I use a planner with a weekly and monthly view. I agree! I am not planning on decorating it either. I track my health in mine, clean simple and to the point.

Stay safe everyone!
Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:11 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Thinking of Jayne and the fires. I wish I could send snow to help!

ScrappinCEO, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:19 PM   #86
Gallery Gazer

Angie it’s so lovely to hear from you, sounds a busy time ahead!

Two years ago I bought a planner, a simple one and I was away so much I hardly had anything in it so I’ve now just bought a weekly planner on a pad to write down things to do for the week and my S2S totals and any challenges I want to do!
I use my iPad calendar for everything else as it sends me reminders!
Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:06 AM   #87
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Angie......I hear you on the planners. I like them but not to decorate. I agree it’s another project and I don’t have time for that either.

Lynn thanks for your concern. We are ok. No fires this end and the rain came a few days ago over East and I believe some of the fires were contained, not all. In some areas they had lots of rain after a 4 year drought.

Happy day everyone happy and stay safe.
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:33 AM   #88
Proud Fan Club Member

I have a large grid wall calendar and I write stuff on it. I have a two year planner in my purse that I use when I am out and about and need to write something down. Then I transfer it to the larger calendar when I get home. I could use the calendar on my phone but I forget about it.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
jan31, smadson, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #89
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Angie! What an interesting post. Sheep, barn building! Busy lady! I am with you on planners. Another project! I always try to write appointments down. On my iPad, an DH puts on a regular hanging calendar. I have a small planner, that I bought several years ago, that you write in the dates. I did that in preparation for 2020. I was going to use it for craft challenges only But, LOL, things change!haven't touched it yet!
DH got me dressed and I am going to church today! Yay!
ScrappinCEO, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:05 AM   #90
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Gorgeous snowflake cards Lynn!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:11 AM   #91
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, so glad you get to go to church! I'm sure you'll get lots of hugs today!

I have a planner in my purse and a wall calendar to keep track of things. I started adding appts., etc. to my phone calendar which really helps to remind me of upcoming activities. I just need to do it more consistently.

Jayne, so glad to hear rain is falling in Australia. I hope it keeps falling for awhile!
ScrappinCEO and Ozpom like this post.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:24 PM   #92
Proud Fan Club Member

Feeling better everyday. Today,I even turned on my laptop and uploaded Christmas  cards I had made for CCC2020 January, before I fell.  That was more difficult than. 
I thought, all that typing etc.  I needed to rest the rest of the day! LOL

jan31, FMcrafter, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #93
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Way to go Sharon! Glad you're able to function somewhat again, even though it wears you out!
jan31, FMcrafter and Ozpom like this post.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:49 AM   #94
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Tuesday.....my craft room has 99.9% craft items in it.  Yay. My sitting room on the other hand has 99.9% non craft items that came out of it. Where to put it...eek...probably back into the craft room. Or maybe I will have to be ruthless and dump most of it.

The good news...I found a gold necklace and ring I lost 8 years ago.  They were in a box with other jewellery I must have thrown into the box when we were moving into this house and never unpacked it lol.

What weather they had in Canberra over east yesterday.....torrential rain and hailstones so big that cars, houses and years of research in greenhouses gone.  There was also a dust storm so big it enveloped a whole town..crazy. It’s cooler here this week which I’m loving.

Australia Day weekend coming up.  Just another day for us this year lol.  It’s a long weekend for the workers.
ScrappinCEO, muscrat and FMcrafter like this post.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:35 AM   #95
Gallery Gazer

Jayne we have been seeing the weather in Australia, scary! We have had torrential rain for three days so roads flooded, snow in the mountains and some motorways closed due to snow, I’ve never seen that around here, near Barcelona it happens sometimes but not this far south.
We’ve been out mopping the tiles in the garden so it’s actually looking quite clean, apparently we are due some more tonight! I used the rainy morning to make marmalade and bake a cake using mincemeat left from Christmas.
ScrappinCEO, FMcrafter and Ozpom like this post.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:28 PM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey its the silly one here. My timing is as bad as ever! I have a cold which we hope won't get worse. Just in case I have meds at the pharmacy. Grumpy and sweet pea leave for vacation on Saturday! Time for me to figure out a backup plan.

Big hugs all around and everyone stay safe!
Old 01-22-2020, 09:02 PM   #97
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon glad to hear you are on the mend.

Jayne glad you aren't near the fires we see on the news here.

Ina, the 40 acres is a couple of miles down the road from the BF's. I'll still be driving back and forth.  Had another new lamb yesterday morning. 

Lynn hope you get over your cold soon.

Angie
SCS20 challenge $169
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:17 AM   #98
Proud Fan Club Member

A new lamb! So sweet!
Old 01-23-2020, 11:15 AM   #99
Forum Fanatic

Hello ladies. Just checking in. I have been with my sister-in-law all week. She had hip replacent surgery on Monday, came home Tuesday, and is doing very well, starting to put some weight on her leg and getting around a bit with her walker.  This is so much better than her first hip operation done a year ago, where the surgeon cracked her femur and she could not bear any weight for 6 weeks. It was a long 6 weeks with someone who is a type A personality and always needs to be getting things accomplished. Now, she is much more mobile and does not need me as much. I think I can probably move back home on the weekend. It's really cool. So many poeple have brought food, that I don't need to cook, just warm things up. My ex even joined us for supper last evening. He is her twin and lives in the basement of her house.
Kelly, if you are checking in at all, can you let me know about next month? Thanks.

Old 01-23-2020, 12:36 PM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Hello ladies. Just checking in. I have been with my sister-in-law all week. She had hip replacent surgery on Monday, came home Tuesday, and is doing very well, starting to put some weight on her leg and getting around a bit with her walker.  This is so much better than her first hip operation done a year ago, where the surgeon cracked her femur and she could not bear any weight for 6 weeks. It was a long 6 weeks with someone who is a type A personality and always needs to be getting things accomplished. Now, she is much more mobile and does not need me as much. I think I can probably move back home on the weekend. It's really cool. So many poeple have brought food, that I don't need to cook, just warm things up. My ex even joined us for supper last evening. He is her twin and lives in the basement of her house.
Kelly, if you are checking in at all, can you let me know about next month? Thanks.

glad to hear things are going so much better for your sister this time around. 

Yes, I just PM'd you. I'm up for February.
Hint: Not the traditional heart thing you might expect

muscrat and Ozpom like this post.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

Planners! :;; perk ::: I actually use all of mine. I do decorate a bit but only as a point for things to jump out at me. 

Angie, if you want practiciality for planners, take a look at 
Alexis aka Miss Trenchcoat on YouTube and her blog. She is all about the FUNCTIONALITY and GOAL setting in a planner.. not the froo froo as she calls it LOL. 

Glad you made it home safely. Our first serious snowfall of the season is coming down now. Watching from y window as I catch up here and prep to load a couple of cards.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:46 PM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, so happy to hear you were able to make it to church. Larry's a good man for getting you up and taken care of. Sending love soon. 
Old 01-23-2020, 06:35 PM   #103
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone....I’m posting some of this on a couple of threads to save me time as I am on a mission today..lol.

Lynn, get well soon.  There’s some nasty bugs out there. This virus in China is scary and we have said that if it comes here, we are going to hide under rocks lol.

What a week so far and there’s been tears here this end. I received an urgent FaceTime from my sister to learn that my brother had been in hospital and had a clot in both lungs. What a shock. My brother is a 70 year old Peter Pan. He’s home now and supposed to be resting but knowing my brother he doesn’t sit still. He’s on meds to dissolve the clots but they have also found something in his gland. Unfortunately due to the poor medical system in the UK he can’t be scanned until early February.  Here they would scan the same day but definitely the next.  I’m sure they wouldn’t have sent him home if they thought it was something bad...that’s my thoughts.
I haven’t spoken with him yet as he’s very breathless but will try him this weekend.  

I can’t believe what is happening this year for a lot of people on this site.....I hope the year improves as it’s got off to a bad start so far.

Apart from this, I’ve been still in my room. All craft is now in and as much as I’m prepared to have in there...there’s no more containers to fill.  The poppets were supposed to come for a play day but DIL1 wants to keep them home today so they will come tomorrow for a few hours.  Fortunately it suits us better too.  I was invited to go up to theirs but I have some things that need doing instead of tomorrow, including a visit to our stationery store for some folders to store my travel emphera...I have a lot.

Next week we are away for the week visiting my MIL, then taking her to a funeral, and bringing her back here.  We will have 3 days of driving...5 hrs, 5 hrs, 3.5 hrs.  I don’t relish the thought.

On planners....I used to keep a planner when I worked but now use our online diary.  I do love journals though and found a lot of empty ones when tidying up my room. Can’t wait to fill them. I keep an art journal and just play around in that or use it to try new techniques out in. The poppets have one too lol.  I also have journals for writing in...like a diary, but I haven’t written in one for years. It was interesting to read my thoughts several years ago.

I love travel journals and last year came across junk journals and wondered why I had never made one before given I keep everything that comes my way lol.  I used to do smash books.  I did dump 3 large boxes of junk which I’m now regretting but I have already filled half a box with stuff since last week lol.  I’ve also thrown away so many old books I could have used and am kicking myself but fortunately I recovered 3 I was throwing out that are perfect for a journal.  I’m hopeless.  I can’t wait to get back into creating again..I’m itching...so many ideas in my head as well as doing a few challenges.

Sharon, hope you are still healing well.

Happy long weekend everyone...keep safe and don’t get this terrible flu that’s going around. It’s Australia Day here on Sunday....another day to us this year.  Hugs 

Old 01-23-2020, 10:12 PM   #104
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I’m so sorry to hear the news about your brother, it’s always worse when you aren’t nearby, here you would be whisked off within 24 hours for a scan, I had an X-ray within 24 hours just for a stiff shoulder! 

The weather has been awful but we’ve been lucky here, just torrential rain and high winds, we went for a walk between the rain and first the ladies at the pharmacy were laughing that Steve actually had a coat on and then where we go for breakfast all made comments, he hates wearing a coat and luckily it’s not normally too bad although it’s too cold for me to go without a coat, he’s hardier than me!

some beaches have been swept away, snow half an hours drive away so bad they closed the motorway  and north of us, sea foam filling the streets south of Barcelona! We are a bit worried as we leave to drive to the UK on Wednesday!

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:16 PM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

The world is going crazy!

I am starting to get better. Grumpy and sweet pea leave on vacation tomorrow.

Sharon I am so glad you are on the mend!

Wow new lambs. I don't think I could help with that at all.

OK lost my thoughts again. Sending big sterilized hugs
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:02 PM   #106
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone.  My brother is doing ok thanks. He’s on tablets to thin his blood and has to go back to the hospital for more scans and to check the gland.  I had a long chat with him yesterday...something we haven’t done for a long time and my heart is happier knowing he is now going ok.

My room is done..whoohoo.  I will post photos soon.  I still have some things to clear out of our sitting room and will do that today, and once we are back from my MILs I’m back creating. Yay.

Lynn the world is going crazy.  This coronavirus is scary.  The first case was found here in Oz and a man has been quarantined. Hubby says if it gets worse worldwide we are cancelling our trip to Europe...eek.  He says we shall hide ourselves under a rock lol. 

I was sad to read about the 3 American fire fighters who lost their lives helping our country. So very sad and thinking of their families.

This year hasn’t really got off to a good start has it..let’s hope it improves from now.

Happy long weekend everyone.
jan31 likes this post.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:03 PM   #107
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s my finished room...so happy with it.

I still have to finish painting the word chipboard and hang things on the walls. It makes me smile as I still have some of my quirky items around me and family photos. I’m so ocd with it but glad it’s now done and I’m sure in a couple of weeks it won’t look like this lol. 
JBgreendawn, jan31, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:34 PM   #108
Proud Fan Club Member

I love the cats!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
FMcrafter, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:48 AM   #109
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I love the cats!

I thought you might..me too.  I wish I had a real one to craft with me lol. 
muscrat, FMcrafter and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:32 AM   #110
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, wow, Jayne! Clean organized craft room is good news!  Glad your brother is doing ok.keeping him in my thoughts & prayers.  I am thankful for our health system, although some aren’t happy with it.  Like me getting in to ER so quickly, and also getting into a surgeon & surgery so quickly!
Lynn, glad you are doing better.  
I have bad days and good days.  Yesterday, not so good.  Today woke up feeling pretty good.  I don’t get on here on bad days, because I am afraid I will whine! LOL
ScrappinCEO, jan31, FMcrafter and 2 others like this post.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #111
Gallery Gazer

Sharon we don’t mind if you whine, that’s what friends are for, it gives Larry a break, ha,ha, that’s the problem when there’s only the two of you, you always have to listened to each other’s moans and groans, LOL

Jayne a super tidy room, I like the cats as they are quirky and not real, I don’t like cats!
We have one keeps coming in our garden and Steve chases it off, he says it’s like it’s taunting him So he bought a kids water gun, honestly he sneaked up on it and it was just staring at Him so he drenched it, soon ran off, trouble is they poop all over his veg garden and there’s nothing  worse than cat poo and the owners just kick them out at night so they never poo in their own garden for some reason.

Pleased to hear your brother is doing ok, Steve is on blood thinners, I was just doing his pills for the week and I realised he missed his blood test last Tuesday, first time in eight years, not sure why we forgot, anyway luckily he can go this Tuesday coming before we leave!

Kelly good to see you. 

smadson, FMcrafter and Ozpom like this post.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:41 PM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

OK Jayne you can come and do mine!!!!
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:05 PM   #113
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok Lynn see you in 2 days lol 
Old 01-25-2020, 08:05 PM   #114
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Australia Day everyone. 
jan31 likes this post.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:12 PM   #115
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon you aren’t whining...you are keeping it real and do it as much as you want. That’s what friends are for and no one judges on this site. Hugs. I can’t imagine what you are going through. 
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:45 AM   #116
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

We are heading to see my MIL..see you in a week..have fun 
ScrappinCEO and jan31 like this post.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
We are heading to see my MIL..see you in a week..have fun 

Safe Travels!
Old 01-27-2020, 07:24 AM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Wow, wow, Jayne! Clean organized craft room is good news!  Glad your brother is doing ok.keeping him in my thoughts & prayers.  I am thankful for our health system, although some aren’t happy with it.  Like me getting in to ER so quickly, and also getting into a surgeon & surgery so quickly!
Lynn, glad you are doing better.  
I have bad days and good days.  Yesterday, not so good.  Today woke up feeling pretty good.  I don’t get on here on bad days, because I am afraid I will whine! LOL

We all have days we want to whine. you go right ahead if it makes you feel better. We just want to know you're okay. Hugs!
Old 01-27-2020, 07:25 AM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Up and about today to strt a really busy week. My Etsy shop is to open on Saturday. Guess who ran out of glue last Friday? So my days of getting items ready over the weekend went right out the window. I'm headed into town today to stock up on the glue and get some book research out of the way. This 58 year old woman is going to walk into a military recruitment office and say 'I have some questions' lol 
smadson likes this post.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:46 AM   #120
Gallery Gazer

Safe travels Jayme, we are leaving Wednesday 5am!,
Ozpom likes this post.