Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2020, 06:30 AM   #761
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan I love liquorice too...remember the long red shoe lace ones no liquorice all sorts? I have a bag of liquorice in my secret squirrel stash...I sneak some every day lol. When the poppets come, DGD says..Nannie can I have a look in your secret squirrel stash lol....she knows she will get choccies or something lol.

Happy day. Hugs
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:54 AM   #762
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I remember those shoe laces, I hate liquorice all sorts, too sweet, do you remember the rolled up ones, our eldest hates it and youngest loves it. I managed to buy him one of those sets with pipes etc for Christmas last year, he laughed when he saw it.
When we had our dog, Samson, I know but we didn’t name him, we had a corner cupboard in the kitchen, we kept biscuits in there, he could be in the garden but if he heard that cupboard door open he would almost knock us out of the way to have look, Steve said to me in england that he hasn’t had a bounty bar for years so I took GS in co-op after school for jelly bears to eat on the park, so Steve gets out his bounty and GS was watching him so he gave him a bite, he said I like it grandad so Steve ended up with one bite, they dont allow him sweets very often so we only buy him some occasionally but when his mum picked him up from daycare he said he wanted to go to the green shop, co-op, where NAN and grandad take him, busted, ha,ha,
smadson, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:31 AM   #763
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Jayne is right, we had so much fun on the call! Jan, we have to do it! But I don’t know how, it , Jayne will have to organize it! LOL

How are guys doing over there? It sounds so bad. We live in the middle of USA, so hasn’t got as bad as the coastal big cities, yet. I think the local government officials said it won’t peek here for at least two more weeks. So it is just starting here. It may be June before we get even part way back to normal! I think we started closing things early in our city, so maybe the social distancing has really helped in flattening the curve. I told DH he is not going to the store anymore! We can diet if we run out of food. We have canned milk. I think we have plenty of food. We might just eat a little differently. I will just have to find a way or help to get our prescriptions delivered.
Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:35 AM   #764
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, some pharmacy's are now offering free delivery. You can always call and ask.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 04-05-2020, 08:36 AM   #765
Proud Fan Club Member

If the states that haven't been hit yet follow orders, you may be spared the depth of what other states are going through. Praying that's the case!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 04-05-2020, 08:53 AM   #766
Gallery Gazer

Sharon the death rate here although still horrendous has dropped for three days running, we are in lockdown for three more weeks but they are hinting they may relax it a little after that, I Think they mean opening other shops that had to close!
I’m going shopping tomorrow to stock up in case they relax the strict rules on shopping I don’t want to be next to anyone looking for food.
I have everything ready in our outside utility, rubber gloves, disinfectant, cloth, bin bags so we are doing the unwrapping out there so we don’t contaminate the kitchen!
Old 04-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #767
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Jan, such a worry for you with so many deaths, but I am glad they are starting to decrease in number. Stay safe! It's hard to believe things will ever get back to normal. Thankfully, our little mountain town has been relatively untouched. I think there is only one reported case of the virus, but not confirmed yet. We are so lucky! I sure hope it stays that way.

It would be fun if we could get a FaceTime group to work for you too. I do think I should give up my chocolates soon or I'll be big as a house! LOL
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #768
Gallery Gazer

Gracie you are lucky, let’s hope it stays that way, I even get excited to take the trash to the communal bins, it gets me out although I’ve never seen anyone even in their gardens, very odd.
It would great to join you all, let’s hope Jayne can work it out, it sounds like she’s a bit of a whizz kid, I wouldn’t have a clue how to FaceTime more than one person Although I know it can be done. Perhaps when we eventually get to San Francisco I will be nearer your time zone.

she’s a whizz kid
Old 04-05-2020, 09:40 AM   #769
Gallery Gazer

Gracie, I forgot to ask what time it is where you live at the moment, it’s 6.40pm here.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #770
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

It is 9:45 a.m. Just drinking my morning coffee while hubby makes us Sunday brunch. Lucky me. We'll take the dogs for a hike in the mountains later. I am so thankful that things are good here, but feel so badly for everyone suffering. Hugs!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:05 AM   #771
Gallery Gazer

Are you on the same time zone as SF! They are nine hours behind us!
Old 04-05-2020, 10:06 AM   #772
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Are you on the same time zone as SF! They are nine hours behind us!
Not the same time zone but Arizona doesn't have "daylight savings time" so our time is the same as California during summer months. In the winter months we are only 1 hour difference from SF.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:27 PM   #773
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone. Jan I do remember the rolled up pinwheel Liquorice. I buy bags of liquorice..black and red. I will take it one my call next time to join Gracie lol.

If we can work out time zones I’m happy to arrange a FaceTime as I think we are all retired and self isolating so will work good. I’d love Ina to be able to come on and Kathy and anyone else I’ve missed. We need Lynn on too...tricky if she doesn’t have FaceTime unless she can come on just via audio and listen to us and chat. We don’t have to see you Lynn lol.

Jan we saw the deaths are reducing in Spain...good news but the UK is increasing and I worry about my family as you must yours. You made me laugh about what you use after shopping as our DIL1 takes her spray disinfectant to the store and cleans the trolley first. She says people look at her mad but she doesn’t care. I read that in the States they give you a disinfectant trolley at the shops. That’s so good.

We need some fruit but have enough apples and an orange until the weekend so will manage. We have decided to eat what we have for now and food is starting to be back in the shops and panic buying is over. Still no loo roll and gosh we are getting through our pack as I usually buy the double rolls and the one I got is single. DH says I use too much lol......I don’t like 2 squares...I’m a folder lol. I shall have to rethink my actions when I go in future..lol. That should give you all a chuckle for the morning.

Well I need to keep going and have been sat outside in the sun so long I’m now roasting lol. Time to get my tickle card done and hope Ina will come on the call and we can arrange something later this week or next week. I’ve already agreed to do a FaceTime with a couple of ladies I chat with the following weekend so can’t do that one lol. They aren’t on the same threads as us.

Is anyone doing the Easter bunny? I always did it with our poppets but not this year. I try to keep traditions going. We will have fish on Good Friday. DH has just said that I may have to rethink my strategy and go to the shops by Wednesday after all....doh!

Keep positive and keep well. We all got this.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:46 PM   #774
Gallery Gazer

Great news about the drop in the death rate, apparently the police have set up road blocks and haven’t found anyone trying to get to holiday homes but they caught a fair few traveling when not necessary and traveling in two’s, they are saying they want to supply all of the nation with face masks before lockdown ends!
They have been disinfecting the streets but not here where we live, their excuse is as we don’t have problems they would rather not send people into the area!,!
Just walked to the supermarket to get there early and they have changed the opening times, an hour later, luckily it’s a five I minute walk, I enjoyed my time alone in the sun!
Steve said to take the trash, I said no that’s my excitement for the day!ha,ha,
Old 04-06-2020, 12:06 AM   #775
Gallery Gazer

Jayne what’s the time difference between Spain and OZ!
I think it might be very hard for me to join in if most of you are close in time zones but maybe if that’s the case we can do it if our times are close!

We usually give the boys money to buy something rather than spend a fortune on postage and our eldest really isn’t into loads of chocolate, not normal for most kids but the eggs he gets lasts him months, unless it’s mint aero!,
Old 04-06-2020, 06:02 AM   #776
Forum Fanatic

Mint Aero, yes! And you ladies haven't tasted licorice until you've tried Dutch salty licorice! Yum. When my kids were in school, they used to offer some to friends, and most of them spit it out. I don't like the really salty ones, but I like the ones that are mildly salt. We have a Dutch store in town, and I really don't want to go in there too often, as they have bins of different varieties and I always end up with a bag full. I'm bad enough with chicolate, I don't need to add more candy.
I would love to join you ladies in an on-line face time. Zoom would not load on my tablet this week for our prayer meeting, so I think I will have to dig out my laptop and see if it works on there. I think I am in the same time zone as Kathy, and are you one hour later Sharon?
Old 04-06-2020, 06:33 AM   #777
Gallery Gazer

Ina, salty liquorice sounds interesting, can’t imagine it but I would give any a try!

Maybe I could download Zoom on to my PC,I am nine hours in front of Gracie, Im Guessing for me to join it will be morning for you ladies and evening for me, I’m hopeless at time Zones, I hope Jayne can get it to work.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:51 AM   #778
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina, I am Central, DST. I think when it is 9 where you are it is 8 here. I looked at Toronto.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:56 AM   #779
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Maybe I could download Zoom on to my PC,I am nine hours in front of Gracie, Im Guessing for me to join it will be morning for you ladies and evening for me, I’m hopeless at time Zones, I hope Jayne can get it to work.
I think Zoom cost the person who hosts the meeting. I have Zoom on both my iPad and laptop, as I join in with Alice Boll for Scrapbook Live.

I also have trouble figuring out time zones. Our DD and DS are both EST. I always figure going the wrong way! They all make fun of me!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #780
Gallery Gazer

Our son in S.f has been known to ring us when we are in bed, he also does butt calls too!

I find it strange when we are with our sons as everything in the Uk has already happened when we wake up, it takes almost the whole holiday to get used to it and then we go to the UK, they are an hour behind Spain!
Old 04-06-2020, 10:29 AM   #781
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning I slept!!! Yeah!!

Yup I don't have any apple devices just android and windows.

Just checked in on the twins, gave the mom more options to keep kids busy.

Grumpy is busy at work. I am worried that he is running out of gloves so we are looking at alternatives.

Uggh I need to go look for something cheery to share.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #782
Proud Fan Club Member

I have google duo on my phone but haven't activated it yet. I'm not sure how many can be on at a time. I need to do more research.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #783
Stazon Splitcoast

I just had a COVID full English breakfast!!!

Canned and frozen fruit.. Eggs.. A prepackaged slice of ham.. A pot of Scottish breakfast tea! Lol yup gotta make due with what I already have! No bread cause the gluten free stuff is yucky plus it doesn't last long

Oh I finally have a new noise for my right ear!!! Yup the sounds of motorcycles roaring up and down the half empty high way!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:44 PM   #784
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone. Yay a few are wanting to do a crafty hookup. We need to do more research. Zoom will only go for 40 mins otherwise the host has to pay and it’s expensive. That’s why I used FaceTime lol. Also DH read an article in our newspaper yesterday saying apps such as Zoom and also Houseparty are now being compromised. Surprise, surprise. Even scammers make use of this awful virus.

Jan I’m assuming you are on UK time? We are 7 hours ahead of the UK. I usually phone my family in the arvo or evening which would be the morning in the US. My morning would be the middle of the night for you so if everyone doesn’t mind we could do it one morning US/Canada time and evening for me and mid morning for you lol...I think that’s right. How would that work for everyone? For example my 7pm would be 7am in the US/Canada and noon for you....or we could do it at say 8pm or 9pm for me..I don’t mind.

If Sharon has the upgraded zoom app perhaps she wouldn’t mind being host but everyone would need to download the app. Sharon just has to then create a meeting and invite us and we will need to be emailed or sent via pm the meeting code and password. It’s easy. With FaceTime I just did it using people’s emails. If Kathy can figure out an app that’s safe and one she and Lynn can also use that would be awesome. The zoom app I have only allows for 40 mins unless you think that’s sufficient time...we went for over 2 hours last weekend lol.

Well I have chores to do before I get to play today. I finished my tickle card..gosh that challenge is challenging lol. I need coffee and choccies. Happy Tuesday..it is Tuesday right lol.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:05 PM   #785
Stazon Splitcoast

Just stopped by to check in with every one. Hope you all are well and healthy.

Lynn, did you end up making the liquid hand soap? I made a batch the weekend following when you posted it. It was very watery when I whizzed it with the hand blender. Since then it has separated and is about half water. It I do it again will cut the water and use more shaved soap. I did get 4 batches of bar soap made. The BF saved the fat from the sheep we butchered last fall and he and I rendered the fat so I could use it for soap making. Spent this afternoon watching Royalty Soaps videos on You Tube.

My mom has been making face masks for my niece who is a respiratory therapist. She ran out of hair bands and didn't have any masculine fabric in her stash so I found hair bands at Dollar Tree and dug thru my stash to sent her a large Priority box full..

Angie
SCS20 challenge $169
Old 04-06-2020, 10:40 PM   #786
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi. I made the liquid soap with the recipe and a bar of soap I had. It is watery but that is what I tend to use, especially with the issues I have with my hands. I have not checked the jars yet to see if it separated.

Pin by Aileen's Boutique on Hugs images (With images) | Hug pictures, Hug images, Hug quotes
Old 04-06-2020, 10:43 PM   #787
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't worry about me with the chat. I haven't figured out the right mix of my meds yet and am still dealing with the blues. Just let me know if you all had fun

Big huge hugs and soap bubble kisses
Old 04-06-2020, 11:14 PM   #788
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, we are an hour ahead of the UK and 9 hours in front of Gracie, I know that from the weekend when we were posting on here, it was 6.40pm in Spain and 9.40 where Gracie lives.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:20 PM   #789
Gallery Gazer

Jayne we finally had the money back from the hotel, I kept sending the message I wrote via booking.com, they said they would cancel free of charge so I replied that they had already said I could have a refund, they said they didn’t have our credit card details, but I kept sending the same message telling them I was waiting for a reply, yesterday I had a short message, all in capital letters, WE WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY, I think that’s like shouting isn’t it?
Anyway low and behold this morning the money was in back in our account, minus admin fees, I’ve just sent the an email thanking them,
I think they will have our passport photos in the foyer so we can be recognised and thrown out if we turn up, no chance of that!
Old 04-06-2020, 11:25 PM   #790
Gallery Gazer

If anyone is interested Joanns have a YouTube video showing how to make a simple mask, it looks easy as long as you aren’t like me, too many thumbs getting in the way.
I have started one but before I fell to sleep I thought of something else to use! Good news is my sewing machine that hasn’t seen the light of day for many years work’s perfectly, for now!
When I told Steve I was going to get it out he said please don’t, he knows I get frustrated if it plays up and then he has to then get involved.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:53 AM   #791
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I also get frustrated with sewing machines! My newest one that I picked up at a Black Friday sale at Walmart about ten or fifteen years ago has hardly been used! Right now, I can’t get the needle threaded even with a needle threader! LOL
I think I will try making a mask with the bandanna scarf and rubber bands, no sewing.
I don’t want DH going anywhere anyway.
Jan, we found out that our pharmacy is waving the fee for delivery, so don’t have to worry about that.

Jayne, I am very electronically challenged, but I will look at upgrading Zoom and see what I should do to do a meeting. But then you said it could possibly be hacked?
Old 04-07-2020, 06:58 AM   #792
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon I didn’t mean you to pay to upgrade. It’s expensive. I wasn’t sure if you already had the upgraded version.

Our paper said a few apps are being hacked....zoom, Houseparty but it seems they all are.

Let’s see if we can find an app that accommodates everyone and is free. FaceTime was easy and is free lol.

See you all tomorrow. Have fun.
smadson and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:31 AM   #793
Proud Fan Club Member

Look into google duo. I think you are limited to 12 people but its supposed to be free. You have to use your cellphone but I think if you link it to your gmail you can use it on your tablet.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 08:45 AM   #794
Stazon Splitcoast

Zoom security and hacking issues 2020: Is the app safe to use? Why schools have banned it!
Old 04-07-2020, 09:03 AM   #795
Gallery Gazer

Our GSs are using Zoom from the school! In SF

Sharon I’ve made two masks following a video on joanns, I am very challenged with anything sewing but the first one took me two hours as I had to keep rewinding the video to check and then I nearly did it wrong, second took me half an hour, I even put some dried baby wipes in for a filter, I read that somewhere!

I made one bigger for Steve, I can now wear it when I go shopping next time
Attached Thumbnails
69239809-5d83-43ea-9f94-187c460c5c2c.jpeg  
auntangie, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:22 AM   #796
Stazon Splitcoast

How do you sanitize the mask between uses?
Old 04-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #797
Stazon Splitcoast

I have 3 pairs of gloves. I put them in the sink with detergent and a bit of bleach. I let them sit for about 10 minutes. Rinse. Hang to dry
Old 04-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #798
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So much to think about now-a-days. I think I'll just stay home.

I told my hubby that thankfully we get along well. I can't imagine being quarantined with someone you weren't getting along with...YIKES!

But, I sure do eat a lot...I never realized that I am a "stress eater." I'd better stop because I can't go buy new clothes for a fatter bottom! LOL
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #799
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Great work on the masks Jan!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:00 AM   #800
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Gracie.

Lynn They are made Out of a cotton pillowcase that was really thick material, I will throw the wipes away and wash the mask. They say that even soapy water can kill the germs .
When I go shopping after I’ve “washed” the shopping I take all my clean clothes off and put them straight into the washing machine which is outside. Then I disinfect my rubber gloves, wipe all the keys, door handles, handbag, wallet, debit card, ha,ha, I’m exhausted by that time.
muscrat, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.