Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-19-2020, 04:24 PM   #521
Stazon Splitcoast

I will be able to clean up my crap room and make it a craft room! Yeah! I am doing better but grumpy doesn't want me out and about.

I was also thinking I might post some pictures here of a finished scrapbook. We will see how much my brain can handle at once! Lol

Stay positive! If you need to talk we are a safe place!

Hugs
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #522
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn...go girl. I’m up for a virtual craft day/evening if anyone else is and if we can figure out times.

Sharon, I’m sorry you are missing your retreat but I think wise.

I wasn’t well by the arvo yesterday and slept in today. My nose is running like a tap and no idea if it’s my sinus or a cold. I’ve still got a slight cough. My ears are so blocked and now I’ve got buzzing in my left ear and had it since I woke up..annoying.

I received a message to say one of my MM orders is coming today. The order was split into 5 orders. Two are coming from the States so I hope they get here....some cool Dina Wakeley collage papers.

Some good news from here..... A friend went to shop during senior hours yesterday and was given a free pack of loo paper.

The banks have announced that small businesses will be given 6 month grace on loan payments. Individuals already can discuss hardship on loans and our bank interest rate went down again to 0.25%. Never known anything like this.

A local primary school suggested to our radio that at 9.20 they play the song I am Australian and all primary schools in our State were asked to play it over their PA systems so all the children could sing it. I pictured them all in their classrooms singing in unity. So emotional. Assemblies have been stopped.

It’s nearly lunchtime and I’ve not long had brekkie but I’m ok with that. I have lots of time on my hands plus I could go back to bed and sleep. I need to think about how I’m going to finish my scrapbook page. Have fun and sleep well.

Jan..2 hotels have now came back and said that we just have to pay the difference between our “deposit” from this year and what they will charge next year. They have increased the charge per night by a minimum of 55 euro per night which is about $100 to us right now. I don’t know how they know what they will charge next May now but we are running with it for now. What else can we do. We should FaceTime one another one day...I don’t want to have to put makeup on though lol
ScrappinCEO and smadson like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:00 AM   #523
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I had that block ear and buzzing all last week, blocked nose but no runny nose, I was taking paracetamol, worried it was you know what, searching through the drawers I found some Olbas oil, smells a bit like vicks vapour rub, I dripped it on to tissues and kept sniffing it and with three days it’s almost gone, thank goodness as the ear buzzing was driving me mad when I was trying to sleep. I hope you feel better soon.

We’ve emailed our hotel before they close but no reply, If they don’t refund I’m afraid we won’t stay there again, it’s got more expensive in the last two years and the food is extortionate but we live where it is on the beach although it’s an hours drive to Bilboa but we know where we can fill the car up and shop there, anyway so August we have booked a hotel just outside Bilboa, ten minutes from the ferry, well that’s if we can go out by then.

Wouldn’t you know the weather is cool and rainy! we could FaceTime, not sure what the time difference is between us though as most of you are in bed when I am up, our DIL is always awake early and working so we get emails nearly all day, not sure she sleeps much! She’s got a conference that she is giving a talk and she gets to do it by live video or whatever they call it, she says that’s going to be weird and her friend has her work appraisal the same way next week, she is having a facetime happy hour with two of her friends as they were suppose to go out to celebrate all there birthdays this month. They all live within a couple of minutes of each other but can’t meet obviously. She’s bought our GS who is eleven an iPhone so we can ring his friends to talk as he keeps wanting to use her work phone!

Our government in England have said they will pay people who can’t work and help businesses which is good. Banks have dropped the interest rates too, not worth saving is it!

Well another fun filled day at the ranch as Steve says, oh I saw that if you put foil around the top stalk of the bananas if keeps them for longer, I’m trying it as Steve has one every day as it’s stops his leg cramps, my legs feel better after having one yesterday, I will need to buy more when I eventually go out. They don’t normally keep very long here I think with he heat so I’m interested to see  if it works.
ScrappinCEO and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:23 AM   #524
Gallery Gazer

Jayne just had a message from the hotel, guess what they reckon they aren’t allowed! To give a refund, but they will change our dates, a bit of luck as the one in August we haven’t paid for yet so I’ve asked if they can change the dates for us and when they confirm I will cancel the other one.
A bit annoying as the ferry leaves at 10.30 am and we have an hours drive from santander so it will be a very early start but at this point if it means this will all be over I would gladly drive all night, LoL
Old 03-20-2020, 04:59 AM   #525
Forum Fanatic

Good morning (to all of us in the Americas) and later elsewhere. My baby turns 40 today! Unbelievable, that it has been so many years. She does not want me to come, as she is paranoid about seniors and this disease. However, I am baking her a cake, and bringing her gifts.
My daughter-in-law told me my son would face time me last evening, but he didn't so he must have been called in to work. He works at e-bay and a lot more people are doing on-line shopping right now. He's the senior trouble shooter on the night shift.
Yesterday, I deluvered cards for all the ladies (and two men) who come to the hymn sing at the nursing home. We are not allowed to visit right now, so I figured that would cheer them up. A good use for some of the many handmade cards in my stash. I don't always sign my cards at the back, but when I do, I also add the date. Several were from 2018, and I have some much older cards still sitting around too. I intend to start sending them to elderly people in our church too.
ScrappinCEO, jan31, smadson and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:53 AM   #526
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I was up most of the night with hurting hands as I did a punch board project, the envelope album. I made 12 envelopes. That is 4 score per envelope and 8 punches per envelope. 96 punches. I should have known better. Then my project wasn’t as perfect as Helen”s in her tutorial. But I uploaded it anyway.

Ina, all last year, I tried to send more cards. Such a great idea that we should use these cards we are making! We have a church calendar we have access to online, and I try to send birthday cards, and when ones need prayer, I send a praying for you. And, during this time I haven’t crafted I have used almost 30 cards out of my stash! I don’t have a large stash, it probably I have a other 50 or so. I think once I counted a hundred , but have started using them more.
I read or heard somewhere we should send cards to healthcare workers, and those who are really working harder now to thank them. I was thinking of just my drs. And PT workers, at least.

Jan, glad for good news on your refunds, or at least changes.
Jayne, hope you start to feel better.

Ina, your baby being 40 making you feel old, my oldest was 50 in Feb!
Enjoy the birthday celebration.

Hi Lynn! Hi Kathy! Hi Angie, & Sally, and Gracie. And any I missed!
Old 03-20-2020, 10:28 AM   #527
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, why 8 punches per envelope? Oh....maybe you rounded the corners. I did not round them.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
smadson likes this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:37 AM   #528
Proud Fan Club Member

Yep, that is what
I do. . But I bet yours all came out the same! LOL
Old 03-20-2020, 02:36 PM   #529
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey wondered if anyone was interested in this

My Happy Place Collection Bundle (Printables + Cut Files) - TheResetGirl

Will be back later to get caught up!

Oh there is a spiritual one on there too!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:09 PM   #530
Stazon Splitcoast

Stupid question, yup I am still waiting for my meds to wear off.

OK. I was thinking of doing a thank you card for my postie. He is awesome. My thought was a card that doesn't open as in just a single 4.25 x 5.5 piece of card stock. Decorate front and back. Wash my hand then put it in a clear envelope.

Do you think that would be a safe way for me to do thank you cards?
ScrappinCEO and auntangie like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:28 PM   #531
Stazon Splitcoast

This was our dog Joe. He was found out in farm country and we adopted him. This was how my son and his dog used to sleep. Taken in 2008
ScrappinCEO, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:33 PM   #532
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is baby Kerra my corgi

Later in 2007
Kerra standing guard while CAT is that black thing under the tree trying to get ornaments

and Kerra playing!  That tummy never stayed white for long!

Last edited by FMcrafter; 03-20-2020 at 09:38 PM..
ScrappinCEO, jan31, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:39 PM   #533
Gallery Gazer

Great photos Lynn.

My baby turned 46 last month, eldest is 48 in July, certainly makes me feel old.
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:42 PM   #534
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, the hotel have come back to us, they want another €88, I’ve replied to tell them we won’t bother and we certainly won’t be using their hotel in the future, I’m sorry that is pure greed as that would make the price €155 for one night.
We have one for August already booked but I can cancel if I need to free of charge so they can take a hike.
The ferries are now saying they are only taking freight and even mid April onwards need to change their bookings!
Old 03-20-2020, 10:47 PM   #535
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Stupid question, yup I am still waiting for my meds to wear off.

OK. I was thinking of doing a thank you card for my postie. He is awesome. My thought was a card that doesn't open as in just a single 4.25 x 5.5 piece of card stock. Decorate front and back. Wash my hand then put it in a clear envelope.

Do you think that would be a safe way for me to do thank you cards?

Lynn, from what we have read some say the virus can live on surfaces for up to 13 hours. On others we read 3 days but not sure that is correct but we aren’t health experts.

As you don’t have the virus I would say that you can make a normal card and just give it to him. If you are concerned, put the card in a bag and don’t lick the envelope. Make one and give it to him in a few days and you will know the germs have gone if you are concerned. You can always do the hand sanitiser technique. Just a thought.

I think it’s a lovely gesture and we need to be responsible but I’m sure your card will be ok.  I. Going to be mailing cards around the world in coming weeks. I don’t have the virus so figured they will be ok.  
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:52 PM   #536
Stazon Splitcoast

OK so I know I am time shifting...but... If we are 25 how can my son be 30?
ScrappinCEO, smadson and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:53 PM   #537
Gallery Gazer

I was worried about collecting our mail but we haven’t been for over a week so hopefully it will ok.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:55 PM   #538
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been wearing gloves to collect the mail. Puts a layer between me and any yucky stuff.
Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:58 PM   #539
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan that is pure greed. I understand that businesses are doing it tough but everyone is suffering financially in this crisis. I know how much of our retirement savings we have lost the past few weeks. I don’t understand why businesses can’t just move the bookings to a later date. Surely they can see its better to have loyal customers than none at all in the future. Sorry to hear this.

Ina, happy birthday to your daughter...wow 40. Our eldest is 33.

Lynn, thanks for sharing the photos. I’ve put some up on the photography thread. I’d love everyone around the world to share photos and music. I’m listening to Italians now singing from their balconies daily...so uplifting.

Time for lunch and a break and then back to the craft room. Every days does blend into one lol. Keep well and safe everyone.
jan31 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #540
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
OK so I know I am time shifting...but... If we are 25 how can my son be 30?

Yep I’m only 29 so my son is older than me lol.
jan31, muscrat and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:52 PM   #541
Gallery Gazer

I was saying to our eldest son who is 47 and has an almost four year old that I was 40 the same year he had his 21 st birthday.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:32 AM   #542
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Things are different now aren't they? We thought son2 and his wife would start a family straight away after marrying 2 years ago, but no plans on the horizon. Son3 is still single and no GF at 30 but has had a few GFs and says he's having a break LOL.

I've been busy replying to emails and pm's and gosh it takes time and I type fast LOL. Nearly dinner time and I thought I would get back to my craft room...no such luck. We are watching a show on Netflix we started last night and there's 21 episodes in each series...we have plenty of time on our hands LOL.

Have fun and see you soon.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:19 AM   #543
Forum Fanatic

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining beautifully here. Now just waiting for it to warm up. As soon as it does, I will be out with my rake, to clean up the flowerbeds. I am listening to 'The garden show' on the radio. Always great info about indoor and outdoor plants and even trees.
Jan, like you, my oldest is also 47, but he has a son who is 25, another at 21.
Today's Inspiration challenge here on splitcoast is a good one. Ellen Hutson.
jan31 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:23 AM   #544
Gallery Gazer

Good news that the ferry company emailed me to say because they haven’t cancelled ferries for mid April yet and haven’t got the sailings on the website yet for November, which is our dates for coming back after our trip to SF, she told me to move the booking for April and May to October and then when the dates we want come online in July to move them again!
We even have a refund on the May one! Although the other is slightly more, I was pretty sure they wouldn’t cause problems , they are always so helpful when you have to change, sometimes we’ve had to pay £20 but hey never quibble. I thank her and said I appreciate her coming back to me so quickly seeing as they are so busy getting people back this weekend on the last passenger ferries that can leave Spain.

Apparently hundreds have been fined over here for not staying in there’s a report that the police arrested a couple for having sex in their car, their excuse was that there are too many people living at their house and as they are all in lockdown they couldn’t do it at home, LOL

To top it all it’s absolutely pouring with rain, it’s like a river running down our drive, that will keep them in anyway.

I’ve been shopping, got everything I needed but forgot eggs, it stresses me out going out in public, it scares me, luckily they opened earlier than normal so when I got there no one was in line I just walked in with my sprayed hands and gloves, loads of fresh fish and meat, no spreadable butter or margarine, so I could buy a pack of milk with six cartons in but I tried to buy Steve two packs of six small cans non alcoholic beer, I could only have one! Yet the woman in front of me bought six litres bottles of normal beer.
It’s the first time I’ve used my bank card as we always have cash but our bank is in the Puerto and we can’t go down there so I’ve got to keep the cash I have for Steve’s meds.
Steve gave me instructions what to do, honestly I’m useless but we always get our weekly cash out on Mondays for the week! At least I know how to do it!
ScrappinCEO, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:27 AM   #545
Gallery Gazer

Post office was shut but apparently they are open for three hours per day in the week.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:34 AM   #546
Gallery Gazer

31,000 people have been fined in Spain for flouting the lockdown rules!!! It’s only been ongoing one week
ScrappinCEO and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:53 AM   #547
Stazon Splitcoast

Looking on the bright side of life.

Spring 2020 | Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine
ScrappinCEO, jan31 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:51 AM   #548
Proud Fan Club Member

I made a card for our Layer It Up challenge:

Bunny Hugs

Thanks for Looking!
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
Old 03-21-2020, 12:07 PM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

I have three pairs of summer gloves like these. I got them to protect the psoriasis on my hands. They are handy right now as they are washable

ScrappinCEO, jan31 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:40 PM   #550
Stazon Splitcoast

I stated a scrapbook page. I will have to wait for the sun to move so I can finish it. It is right in my eyes right now.

I have my "dressing to the nines" picture of me in my jammers
I have my" a woman must wear gloves when ever she goes out" version 1 

Last edited by FMcrafter; 03-21-2020 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: version 1of page
ScrappinCEO, jan31, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:16 PM   #551
Stazon Splitcoast

I figured out my last picture! I took a picture of my cotton hankies! Yes I have those which is great for not running out of tissue paper during allergy season

Oh forgot to say. I had to explain to the twins mom how to make cookies! She doesn't bake.
ScrappinCEO, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:36 PM   #552
Gallery Gazer

Lynn you always think that everyone has some basic baking skills but maybe not, I’m making apple pie today, I picked up four apples yesterday, any left with be stewed and used in yoghurt, I must admit I can make good pastry but cakes are edible but wouldn’t win any shows with their looks!
Old 03-21-2020, 11:55 PM   #553
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I cannot do pastry at all! Maman tried so hard to teach me.the first cake I made when I got married was beautiful but you could not eat it! Lol! I didn't label the stuff I got in bulk. I used salt instead of sugar! Lol

She asked me for mixer but I only have a kitchen aid, no way was I gonna carry that around. My son set it up in the corner on a thin cutting board to make it easy to move around. Similar to this. Quite heavy.

Imperial Black Professional 5™ Plus Series Stand Mixer 4KV25H0XBK | KitchenAid

I know I really am a silly old thing sometimes!

Last edited by FMcrafter; 03-22-2020 at 12:01 AM..
ScrappinCEO and jan31 like this post.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:43 AM   #554
Gallery Gazer

I’ve never had a mixer but I do have a food processor, just a basic one but it’s good for zapping up home made soups etc and I do make my pastry in it now days, cheating I know !

I like Mary Berry’s German apple cake recipe as it’s like making crumble but add an egg and spread half in the bottom of the cake pan, layer apple slices with a sprinkling of brown sugar and dot the rest of the cake mixture over the top, you can add a little more sugar over the top if you like it crunchy, it’s very moist and keeps quite well, it’s my go to recipe for a cake as I’m not good at sponge cakes. We have it with cream when it’s hot and custard after that, while it lasts, ha,ha,
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:35 AM   #555
Gallery Gazer

Just had a lovely message from our DIL and GSs and this photo,they sent one with them on it but I won’t show that one
It’s Mother’s Day in the UK
Attached Thumbnails
6d1fc351-9f64-4b2f-87ac-a5b42aa4cbbe.jpeg  
Old 03-22-2020, 04:56 AM   #556
Gallery Gazer

Just been told by the government that we are in lockdown now until April 12th, another two weeks.
ScrappinCEO and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:58 AM   #557
Gallery Gazer

To be honest I don't find it boring to stay inside all day...... but I don't understand why in one box of Rice Krispies there are 22,453 pieces and in the other one 22,467 (before anyone asks I have triple checked my figures)."

Pleased to see seniors over here in lockdown aren’t losing their sense of humour!
ScrappinCEO, auntangie, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:23 AM   #558
Forum Fanatic

Jan, your last post gave me a good laugh!
Old 03-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #559
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan both your posts made me chuckle today. Keep them coming. Hugs everyone. It’s getting crazier over here. I’m going to sleep
Old 03-22-2020, 07:36 AM   #560
Gallery Gazer

My friend in England says she may have to count cornflakes !