Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2020, 07:46 AM   #441
Gallery Gazer

We are in total lockdown, not allowed out unless shopping, pharmacy or doctors, who would dare go to the doctors unless you are desperate who knows how many people are in there with the virus, funny but we ordered a ton of logs yesterday before the lockdown but the owner was away in Andalusia collecting wood, we thought he wouldn’t deliver but he came at 9am, mind you he reverses up the drive, drops the logs, takes the money and goes. He’s amazing as our drive is only a little wider than our car but he gets his little truck right to the bottom of the drive always first time, no messing.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:48 AM   #442
Gallery Gazer

Forgot to say we still did a mile and a half just stacking the logs in our little shed, just going backwards are forwards, we will miss our morning walks!
Old 03-14-2020, 09:02 AM   #443
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I'm amazed at people who can back up a vehicle with just one try! Glad you could get your logs and a little exercise, too! So sorry to hear you're on total lockdown.

Jayne and Ina, enjoy time spent with your littles. Children can always make everything seem better. Grandchildren are such a joy!
ScrappinCEO and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:10 AM   #444
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Jan, I'm amazed at people who can back up a vehicle with just one try! Glad you could get your logs and a little exercise, too! So sorry to hear you're on total lockdown.

Jayne and Ina, enjoy time spent with your littles. Children can always make everything seem better. Grandchildren are such a joy!

My husband is the same, he makes reversing into parking spaces look so easy, I need about three car lengths, mind you now we have all these cameras all around the car but I still think I’m too close and when it starts beeping it makes me jump, ha,ha,
Old 03-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #445
Gallery Gazer

I’ve been busy crafting all afternoon, I’ve made two birthday cards and I tidied my craft room a little! I have enough stash to last me years so I’m not worried about running low, LOL
Old 03-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #446
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, my husband is the same, too, when it comes to reversing. He can back up his truck with the boat and trailer attached with no problem. Amazing to me. The cameras and beeping startle me too! LOL

I'm with you I have enough craft supplies to stay quarantined for the rest of my life!
Old 03-14-2020, 09:32 AM   #447
Gallery Gazer

I think most on SCS would say the same, maybe I will make a dent in it now I have all this time! By the time we are let out I will have enough cards to last the rest of my life , ha,ha,
Old 03-14-2020, 09:35 AM   #448
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah we me its grumpy who can drive anything anywhere! Sweet pea is very fond of him driving her every where! Oh and that does include her friends when they are together. Sweet pea also knows that if she is out and about and needs a lift she can call me.

I had a rule at my place when grumpy was living at home, if he has been out drinking he can call me any time for a ride. I usually ended up with his drunk friends crashing in my basement! Better safe than sorry!
ScrappinCEO, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:38 AM   #449
Stazon Splitcoast

On a scary note... I am so glad I am not on biologics for my psoriasis! Biologics affect how the immune system works. It clears up your skin but can leave you more susceptible to catch colds and flu.
ScrappinCEO, smadson, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #450
Gallery Gazer

Lynn I regularly had to collect our eldest and his friends from town after they had been to Rock City, Steve used to say he wouldn’t been seen with them as they were into heavy metal and all had really long hair, black nail varnish, leather trousers and weird tops , cowboy boots and with one earring, they took hours to get ready and would play guns N roses full blast, I know a lot of heavy metals songs, LoL
ScrappinCEO, smadson, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:18 AM   #451
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan I’m glad you are self isolating and keep safe. It’s so sad what is happening now in Spain. I have enough craft and books and movies to keep me busy for months. I even told hubby we can make up our own card games...ooh la la. Lol. Anything to entertain each other lol.

I am happy to self isolate and it is heading that way here. Today our PM announced that no cruise ships will be allowed into Australia and anyone arriving from anywhere into Australia tomorrow will be asked to self isolate for 14 days or they will be breaking state law.

They are also suggesting that grandchildren do not visit their grandparents until this virus goes. Children don’t seem to be getting it but could be carriers. We will see how we go. Our youngest son is asking us to self isolate. He has surprised us and doesn’t show his emotion. He doesn’t want us going to golf either. There’s no hand shaking or hugging..it’s surreal and we are taking one day at a time.

We cancelled our hotels..one said we could move at no charge to next March and we have asked to move to next May. One said that the virus will be gone by May....really!...and won’t give us a refund..one hasn’t answered us yet. The rest were cancelled free of charge. We can’t get hold of the airline..their lines are so busy. We may end up losing $2500 or $5500 depending on the airline. Travel insurance won’t cover it but we have said it could be worse. My BIL and his wife have paid out $27000 for a trip to the States and Canada later and don’t know what they will get back.

Now we all must just keep well and safe. I’m glad for this site and our chats. Virtual hugs.
ScrappinCEO and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:04 AM   #452
Gallery Gazer

Pleased to see you Jayne, we had big problems when Steve had his heart attack in America, Expedia said Steve had to ring them, I said what from intensive care with a pipe down his throat, they were so unhelpful, we didn’t get all our money back but our travel insurance paid some, someone we knew worked there and she got us everything she could, she was amazing. .
we had an email from the ferry company telling us that we can change our booking although we will have to pay about twenty pounds as we’ve already paid in full! We’ve paid for the hotel as well but I’d rather loose the money, our son told us not to go if it’s still a problem, I don’t think we will go , safer to stay at home, funny we had to take the recycling this morning, it’s only at the end of the road , we went in the car so we didn’t meet anyone, no one was around and we threw it in the bins and drove home, I felt relieved to be back inside, I’m sure lots of people will have issues after this, ha,ha, they are saying in England if you are over seventy they may tell them to stay indoors for four months, I mean how can anyone survive that long without going outside and seeing anyone if they are on their own, they will go mad.
ScrappinCEO, FMcrafter, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:46 AM   #453
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan and Jayne, things sound so much worse where you are with the Coronavirus. I feel so bad for everyone traveling or with plans to travel! What a nightmare and a costly one at that. I hope we all don't turn into Howard Hughes recluses with long gray hair and long curly fingernails talking to ourselves. Yikes!

My DH said he just read that in Italy, the hospitals are turning away anyone over 80. What a way to treat our elders. Scary times.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:22 AM   #454
Gallery Gazer

It’s a good job that we get on well and are happy on our own, usually during the afternoon if we don’t have anything that we need to do Steve listens to his podcasts and of course I have my crafting, we are missing our morning walks though, we walk around the garden, we say we are going to take a walk around our estate, takes about five minutes , ha,ha,
Old 03-15-2020, 11:29 AM   #455
Stazon Splitcoast

No you will turn into me! Lol yup it is over 6 weeks. A problem popped up while I slept. I don't know when my groceries will show up. I ordered them Thursday and today was the earliest delivery day. Usually not a problem if I know ahead of time but grumpy dropped off stuff for me while I was asleep. Oh well I will figure something out.

Oh on a positive note, with the schools being closed for 3 weeks I can share my stash with the twins. That will be one way to clean up my room! Lol
Old 03-15-2020, 09:53 PM   #456
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Jan and Jayne, things sound so much worse where you are with the Coronavirus. I feel so bad for everyone traveling or with plans to travel! What a nightmare and a costly one at that. I hope we all don't turn into Howard Hughes recluses with long gray hair and long curly fingernails talking to ourselves. Yikes!

My DH said he just read that in Italy, the hospitals are turning away anyone over 80. What a way to treat our elders. Scary times.

Gracie, it’s anyone over 60 now as the younger people are taking up the beds. They just don’t have the resources. We watched a show the other night direct from Italy and listening to a Dr helping. It’s so sad and scary. I read today there’s over 7000 cases in the States..that is scary as this virus can infect up to 4 people. I’m so glad Jan and Steve are self isolating. We only have 250 cases but our Government is trying to contain it before our flu season hits next month. Keep well and safe. Big hugs everyone.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:31 AM   #457
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, I just heard that Spain is the worst hit country in Europe after Italy.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #458
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Kelly I do keep an art journal and practice lots of mixed media techniques in it. Do you follow Maremismallart? She is awesome. Her videos can be long but I zap through them. I’ve learnt so much from her videos. She covers a lot of mixed media. I subscribe to so many that I’ve had to delete card videos other than Jennifer Mcguire and a few others. I prefer to follow scrapping and journals now. Enjoy your time with your sister.

I am now
I'll check out her videos later this week.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #459
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
And I subscribed to yours a month or so ago lol.

Thank you!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #460
Gallery Gazer

Yes it looks that way, just listening to Boris Johnson talking about it, it’s very depressing, I was so scared going to the shop this morning, I was stood well away from everyone but some people were stood next to each other chatting, I felt like screaming at them.

One man in front of me paying for his shopping had twelve litre cartons of white wine, about ten bottles of different spirits and trash bags, not one scrap of food! I couldn’t believe my eyes!

I saw a couple I know, we kept our distance in line but she said she’s worried as she’s in the category that’s in danger as she has diabetes, I had to stop myself smiling as she’s actually 82, which she never mentioned, you wouldn’t know it though
Old 03-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #461
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
What is with the toilet paper shortage? Is it in case we have to self-quarantine or is it made in China? I don't quite get it.

funny you should ask, Kathy. That is what one of the staff at Menards told us on Friday. That it came from China and they didn't know when they'd get any more in.

But if you google, you'll find a lot of the TP is made here in the US.

I think it's more about 'sheltering in place' and not having necessities.
People just need to stop stockpiling all at once! Once this blows out, set up a plan to add the basics to your shopping trip whenever you do your regular shopping.

I'm a prepper... Not the when the SHTF type, but planning for natural disasters, severe weather outbreaks, etc.
People just need to have a better plan in place for the inevitable occurances.
auntangie and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #462
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=smadson;21924130]They say it hits the elderly the worst. DH looked up elderly on internet, and it said 65 is elderly! So I guess we are

LOL Me either, Sharon. Depends on which store/ restaurant I go to as to whether I even qualify for senior discount. LOL
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:56 AM   #463
Stazon Splitcoast

Watchng the noon news while I'm visiting with y'all. some guy in Tennessee when around to stores and bought hand sanitizer with the intention of selling it on Amazon.. 18,000 bottles! He tried selling them for $70 each. Amazon pulled his ads and he's stuck with them but said he's cutting his losses and donating to area charities in the Chatanooga area.

Worst part - when asked, he flat said 'I'm not sorry. There are losses in any business venture'
Old 03-16-2020, 10:59 AM   #464
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
I was in Walmart this morning, and a man said somethimg that was fun(not funny) "If I am going to be quarantened, I am stocking up on ice cream, not toilet paper".
BTW, the store was out of TP.

that would be my husband. LOL Must have coffee and ice cream! But he would survive without the coffee
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #465
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sharon, it makes sense to put a limit on purchase of TP. People need to learn to share!
Glad you were able to get out and about!

That would make sense, Judy except I'm finding more and more every day that a lot of people lack two things

1 - the ability to share
2 - common sense
jan31, auntangie and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #466
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
On a scary note... I am so glad I am not on biologics for my psoriasis! Biologics affect how the immune system works. It clears up your skin but can leave you more susceptible to catch colds and flu.

there are a lot of drugs that affect the immune system. One of the reasons I don't go to doctors and I won't take the drugs. the side effects are usually worse than what they're treating.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:32 AM   #467
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay. I'm all caught up again. should stay that way til Bob gets home Wednesday night hehe

Cold, wet, dreary here. I've just enjoyed a PB & J. Contemplating a curl up under the covers with one of the cats and a book I want to finish. speaking of, I have a box of books in the car yet from my sister and I's thrifting last Friday. Torn between carrying them in before bob gets home or having him carry them in. The thrift store had 5/$1 on books. I was selective Planning several garden-themed journals and they had 2 copies of a Christmas book. I have one already so I can use these for a journal and journal kits.

'So many journals - so little time' should be my new signature.
I also need to update my signature, too. Can't remember if I set my balance to $0.
jan31 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:34 AM   #468
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm with you guys on plenty of crafting to keep me busy. I even have a 10-count box of Tomo liquid adhesive. HL doesnt' carry it, I couldn't get to Michaels in the city and I wasn't putting in an SU order right away.. so I ordered a large box... didn't realize it was coming from the UK LOL I'm good with plenty of adhesives in various forms.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:21 PM   #469
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey I just got a newsletter for dealing with this virus if you have eczema. Let me know if I should post it here.

Big sanitized hugs
Old 03-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #470
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought I was going crazy! The air smells like maple syrup!

Then I realized they must be baking!
Ultimate Maple Leaf | Dare Foods
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #471
Gallery Gazer

They’ve had an article in the British news that the factory making toilet rolls in the uk are making them non stop so not to panic as they won’t run out!
Old 03-16-2020, 12:42 PM   #472
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
I thought I was going crazy! The air smells like maple syrup!

Then I realized they must be baking!
Ultimate Maple Leaf | Dare Foods
Looks delicious, I love maple syrup on pancakes.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:45 PM   #473
Proud Fan Club Member

They just came out saying no groups over 50 in our city., or maybe it’s the state. College online. DH went to Walmart for a few things early this morning. He got the last disinfectant wipes on the shelf and there was no tp. I went to my PT and for a mammogram, all in the same clinic about five from home. While I was waiting several people called to cancel there PT. It is a huge building, two stories, and not many people there. I was only one ther for my mammogram, nobody waiting.
Wouldn’t you know it? All my appointments this week. Wednesday surgeons office at same clinic for a look at my wrist and find out if I need more PT. I do! Thursaday, my Wellness appointment with the wellness nurse for Medicare, Friday haircut. Do I cancell? Then next week is my yearly with the dr. These appointments have been made for months, one for a year!
Old 03-16-2020, 01:07 PM   #474
Stazon Splitcoast

Keep your doctor appointments if you can. I have pulled out all my washable gloves for opening doors and such. If your PT is clean then they are probably keeping on top of things but you can call them and ask.

I always sit in the corner away from anyone at the doctor. I have hand sanitizer in my purse. If I have been sick I clean my health card and wash my purse. I clean my cell phone on a regular basis. My doc has rolls of paper to cover the exam table. I always pull out a clean sheet.

That being said I only need to see my doc for prescription refills so I am going to call them today to find out if I need to come in.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #475
Stazon Splitcoast

Just got this information that might be helpful.

How to Protect Older People From the Coronavirus - The New York Times
Old 03-16-2020, 03:35 PM   #476
Stazon Splitcoast

Crafting idea!

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:29 PM   #477
Stazon Splitcoast

So I was getting low on the liquid baby soap I use for my hands. I have psoriasis on my hands and they are clear right now and I want to keep them that way. A gentle soap is a must! I just found instructions on how to take a bar of soap and make it liquid soap so that is what I am cooking up tonight! Wish me luck!
ScrappinCEO, jan31, smadson and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:44 PM   #478
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good luck Lynn. I was so happy to hear on our news today that Canada and Malaysia have closed their borders. Well done Canada. Hopefully we will too and soon.

Congrats to our Gracie on becoming a dirty girl...I guessed her right although I had Angie on here as a possible second one. We now have a dirty boy too...congrats to Brent.

Well we are self isolating as much as possible. We are over 60 and I cannot get this having had pneumonia twice. We will play golf together when we can and social distance. Best to be safe than sorry. World is going crazy. I heard today that they are predicting there’s at least 60000 cases in the UK and expecting a peak in the next 4 weeks. I’m happy they are asking the over 70s to self isolate for up to 4 months. My sister and BIL will but my brother works and is stubborn. He will have no choice. I worry they won’t be safe. I shall contact my elderly aunt today to see how she is going. If we are asked we will do what we must. I’m just happy that I can craft more now and don’t have to keep catching up with people all the time. It gets exhausting lol. We always have stocks in...I’m a hoarder but funnily enough after Decluttering I stopped and have found ourselves with little stocks of soap and hand sanitiser.  We will be ok for a while still though.  There’s always body wash and washing up liquid lol.

Keep well and safe.
ScrappinCEO and jan31 like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:33 AM   #479
Gallery Gazer

I found a packet of pumpkin bread mix that I bought back from SF on our last visit, I buy it from Trader Joes, anyway I was so excited, it’s in the oven before Steve puts the dinner on so we will have some for afters, funny how little things cheer us up.
ScrappinCEO, smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:34 AM   #480
Gallery Gazer

Forgot to say I have lots of soaps as when our son went to Portugal a couple of years ago with a work trip they gave them a box of handmade soaps in a box, he gave them to me, I found them so we are now using them as I only have a little liquid soap left.