Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #2361
Stazon Splitcoast

Aloha All hope the New Year Is All going well And Joy Joy Jouful for All!!! My World I Suppose Should Be Aloha!! For it holds so many meanings and all are of good thing and love !! Such A blessed word!!

Sis Lynn .. my 2 cents worth.. whatever you elect to do, just be very careful for your own sake.. your good , caring and loving deed could backfire. From the way her kid/kids acting I’d be very careful..... plus if the poor lady can’t focus much , it surely would be a huge challenge for her to have such a advance technology in her hands. I myself have a hard time knowing all it’s capabilities. Still haven’t used many and probably won’t and these phones are made to ring up unseen charges as well . Lot of the apps are programmed to run unnoticeable and unless you know how to turn them off , she could accidentally run herself up a whooping bill. Plus the more advance these phones get the easier for the hackers and scammers to get to her and her info. I think at this stage she probably only need one with the basics. And if it need be a iPhone then maybe a more simple older version. One she will have to learn either way...lol long 2 cents worth but I give you it for free. Because I love you!!hehe

Hauoli Makahiki Hou to all!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:30 AM   #2362
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, there will be a new thread. Hopefully, I will get it started this evening.
Sorry for being MIA yesterday. Went to Toronto to help my DD.
Lynn, sorry that your friend put you in that dilemna. Seeing as she is so ill (and she must be very ill, or else she would not be in hospital so long) and also confused at times, I would not just go out and get her a smart phone. If you get a chance, ask her why she wants it. Does she feel she will have better contact with her son and daughter this way? And if so, is it going to change/improve that contact? Do you have contact with either of her kids? Can you feel them out about this? You should not have to be in this position, regardless of your health issues.

S2S2019 Challenges
-$142.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #2363
Stazon Splitcoast

Did anyone check out the mixed media challenge for today? I really like that idea, and may use it for my challenges, but just modified to two steps, instead of the 5 she has suggested.

S2S2019 Challenges
-$142.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #2364
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I need to get some work done before I go furniture shopping with my sister-in-law. Sofa for her, lazy boy chair for me.

S2S2019 Challenges
-$142.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:48 AM   #2365
Gallery Gazer

Ina, Just had a look, looks like fun and something very different.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:08 PM   #2366
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh i love my laz e boy...i had one with the handle at first but then i started having issues. The one i have now is more of a medical one. It is electric and has multiple positions. It took a while of sitting in different models to find one that suited my back.

Some of you dont know but after my spinal fusion i slept in the chair for a while. Also it has a battery backup so if the power goes out i am not stuck. Only thing i dont like is that it is slow. Someone knocks at the door and it tak3s to the count of 4 before the foot rest is down.

I have old flat sheets that i put on it and separate covers on the arms. If you put the sheet over the arms as well it affects the recliner or gets caught in the mechanism . I just the sheet so i can easily throw it in the wash

Ok i am rambling
Old 01-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #2367
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a link to the S2S2019 challenge thread.
S2S2019 Challenges

S2S2019 Challenges
-$142.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #2368
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my right hand
Old 01-05-2019, 03:52 AM   #2369
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, for what it's worth I would not purchase a phone on behalf of your friend's wife. It sounds as though she doesn't have the mental capacity to deal with it and if you enter a contract she may find herself financially in trouble. Trust me I used to work for a communication company for many years and it is difficult to get out of a contract. Also, I agree with what everyone else has said. Really it should not be you that is getting this. If my mum was alive and someone was arranging this I would be pretty miffed to find out and especially if things go wrong. Please be careful. Surely there is a phone in the hospital that she can use. If she accidentally turns something on she could rack up a hefty bill. Be careful and as much as you are trying to help these people I really think you need to let their own family sort them out and go back to helping with just their grocery shopping. Sorry if I am now interfering but I am worried for you.

I saw a mixed challenge today to do with layers...I am going to give it a go in my journal as I love mix mediums. Ina, thanks for starting the new thread out. We would love a lazyboy couch or chairs down the track. Just waiting for the youngest to move out and take our current leather couches which are very uncomfortable. I think we may have to get rid of them and just bite the bullet as I can't see him moving out in the distant future...maybe not years..eek!

I shall now say I like all of your posts even though it tells me I have already liked them LOL.

I have had a frustrating afternoon trying to find my travel journal and memorabilia so I could do some scrapping. I finally found it stashed in with my journal and memorabilia from my last very extended trip....doh!....even though I had moved boxes and become insane for a couple of hours LOL. Now I have a sore back and head and am about to go and be horizontal for the rest of the evening with my heat pack.

Happy day everyone and Saturday
OLW: Tolerance (and throw Commit from 2018 in)
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #2370
Stazon Splitcoast

I gotta put my b8g girl pants on..my friend in the hospital ...they can't wake her up
Old 01-05-2019, 09:30 AM   #2371
Stazon Splitcoast

As I said before Lynn, your friend has to be very very ill in order for them to keep her in hospital so long. In an era when people go home 4 days after open heart surgery and two days after a hip replacement, you must prepare for the worst when they keep you in hospital for 2 months. It's ok to grieve, and it's more than ok to pray. Big cyber hugs for you today.

S2S2019 Challenges
-$142.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:39 AM   #2372
Stazon Splitcoast

Check out post # 2367 for the 2019 thread. I will be monitoring this one for another 2 weeks, but I would encourage y'all to move over. The first challenge will be next Thursday. Come on over and tell me which weeks you would like to host the challenges.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #2373
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't moved over yet. They got her awake. She is back in ICU.

Temp hubby is ok..he was shaking there for a bit...then went through the usual.. what happens to me..but i got him to eat and take his meds. The neighbour will check that he eats supper. I need to go rest.

Ina you are right. I dont know medically what is going one but the 2 times i have seen her i know she is bad. I am being very careful because if anything happens i know his son will most likely go after me.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #2374
Gabfest Goddess

His son will go after you for what?
Old 01-05-2019, 07:44 PM   #2375
Proud Fan Club Member

I think I'm supposed to post the old/new card here yet? The old is my watercolors and paper. The new is balmy blue card stock and the doily a friend gave me at class today!

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=241587
Old 01-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #2376
Stazon Splitcoast

Did I hear big girls pantie? Roflol!! Come check the new thread... I’m sharing my secret!!

As for your dear friend Sis Lynn I’ll keep all of you in prayers . Sorry to hear she is having a not so better recovery. Seriously tho her kids especially that son needs to step up to their responsibilities!! Shame on them letting you do all the hard work while they kick back and all they do is accuse and whining. Psssstttt. I just know it’s not in your heart not to care and help those 2. Bless your heart Sis!!