Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-f40/)
-   -   CCRAK Thank You Thread...Part 2 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-f40/ccrak-thank-you-thread-part-2-a-t230201.html)

dawnmercedes 03-05-2007 07:20 PM

CCRAK Thank You Thread...Part 2
 
BadSherry was inquiring if the original thread was getting too long for us to continue posting on. Good question...Don't know the answer...but here is the solution.

After 105 pages...we probably need a new thread.

So RAK away and be sure to promptly post your Gratitude when you receive!

dawnmercedes 03-05-2007 07:20 PM

**Thanks to Rainy**
 
Thanks for the quarter fold card as I have heard it called on last month's VSN. I call it a box fold when I make it! You are so kind to remember me!

Thanks.

dawnmercedes 03-05-2007 07:21 PM

**Thanks to amyhughes7380**
 
Thanks for the card my dear VSN Vixen friend!

It certainly came on a day when I needed some happy mail!

dawnmercedes 03-05-2007 07:23 PM

**Thanks BSDemonstartors**
 
I simply do not use my Wonderful Words 2 set enough. Thanks for this inspiring card and layout. I will have to try my hand at casing your idea with some of my own sets!

CardFanatic 03-05-2007 07:39 PM

Saw this in the chat thread I stopped in at. Posting to find this. I have a thank you... so sick can't remember. Thanks for understanding. Be back soon.

btw... good idea. ;)

rainy 03-05-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnmercedes
Thanks for the quarter fold card as I have heard it called on last month's VSN. I call it a box fold when I make it! You are so kind to remember me!

Thanks.

You are welcome, Dawn. Thanks for all the hard work here!

stampscout 03-05-2007 09:07 PM

Thanks Ms. Kittie!
 
I received the most adorable giraffe card from Kittie747. In it she enclosed two stamped images for me to color and pass along. One is colored and tomorrow I can hopefully make it into a card worthy. Then to color the next one and send it along too.

Thanks, Kittie, for your encouragement...I've sat on it since late last week almost too afraid to color in!

stampscout 03-05-2007 09:10 PM

Dawn L -- thanks for images
 
Dawn sent the prettiest *SO VERY sweet* on a cuttlebugged background...she's becoming an enabler big time! In the card she enclosed a stamp off of her bandanaed (is that a word) rooster so I could make my SIL's 50th birthday card...the words are just right for her and I know she's gonna love the card when we surprise her at the party.

Thanks again, Dawn.

mrikitty 03-05-2007 10:54 PM

In case you didn't see this...
 
I will need all the prayers and good thoughts I can get. I have to have surgery on my Rt. elbow...the MRI shows an EXTENSIVE tear on one of the muscles that attaches to the Humerus (upper arm bone) but works the lower forearm, wrist and hand. he is going to toally disconnect it from the humerus and attach it to the radius (one of the lower arm bones) so my arm mechanics will change a little, but the stregnth will decrease a lot.
This surgery will be taking place either the week of March 12th or the week of April 16th. I'll let you all know as soon as I can. They are having me see the infectious disease doctor first to see if she has any preventative ideas/meds etc. to offer. The surgeon is going to put me on Vancomycin (what I was on for over 6 motnhs with a PICC line for the wrist) before the surgery. during and for a couple of hours after.

I ask that you all PRAY and send out good vibes that my "dormant" MRSA does not show up in this surgical site. (as you all know it took 3 of the wrist bones in my left wrist) *IF* it gets in the bones of the elbow, *AND* they can not cure it immediately...amputation could be a possibility.

Yes I am taking a risk to have the surgery, but he says it is only about 20% chance roughly(since there will be no foreign bodies involved, ie. pins, screws plates etc---it is just stitches).

The pain will only continue to get worse because the tear will continue to rip til it is ripped the entire legnth of the muscle (down into the forearm/hand) I actually have 2 tears one on each side of the attachment, but the one side is long and down past the elbow now, the other is just from the attachment point to the elbow joint at this time.

If I was 66 and not 46 I probably would say let's let it ride for now. I have enough pain on a daily basis as it is, if this could be one less than great.

My kids are out of the home, except for Youngest DD, My older Sister lives far away as does my mom. I have 2 friends that I scrap with etc. But SCS is a big part of my life, and I consider many of you my friends!

thanks for keeping me in your thoughts,
Susan

mrikitty 03-05-2007 10:57 PM

THANK YOU to Susan (Rainy) for the very pretty card I rec'd today---full of smiles!!
thanks so much!

kittie747 03-06-2007 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampscout
I received the most adorable giraffe card from Kittie747. In it she enclosed two stamped images for me to color and pass along. One is colored and tomorrow I can hopefully make it into a card worthy. Then to color the next one and send it along too.

Thanks, Kittie, for your encouragement...I've sat on it since late last week almost too afraid to color in!

Sharon, You are so welcome. Can't wait to see what you come up with for those images. Relax and enjoy yourself. Hugs!!!

kittie747 03-06-2007 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrikitty
I will need all the prayers and good thoughts I can get. I have to have surgery on my Rt. elbow...the MRI shows an EXTENSIVE tear on one of the muscles that attaches to the Humerus (upper arm bone) but works the lower forearm, wrist and hand. he is going to toally disconnect it from the humerus and attach it to the radius (one of the lower arm bones) so my arm mechanics will change a little, but the stregnth will decrease a lot.
This surgery will be taking place either the week of March 12th or the week of April 16th. I'll let you all know as soon as I can.Susan

Susan, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you.

amyhughes7380 03-06-2007 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnmercedes
Thanks for the card my dear VSN Vixen friend!

It certainly came on a day when I needed some happy mail!

You are very welcome!! :)

Babsnelson 03-06-2007 05:58 AM

Susan - Thinking of you and hoping you have the best results possible from your surgery!!! (((((HUGS)))))

DawnL 03-06-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampscout
Dawn sent the prettiest *SO VERY sweet* on a cuttlebugged background...she's becoming an enabler big time! In the card she enclosed a stamp off of her bandanaed (is that a word) rooster so I could make my SIL's 50th birthday card...the words are just right for her and I know she's gonna love the card when we surprise her at the party.

Thanks again, Dawn.

you are so welcome....and I hope your SIL has a fantabulous 50th!!!!!

Speedystamper 03-06-2007 10:28 AM

Thank You amyhughes7380!
 
What a great surprise to find a beautiful Carte Postale card in my mailbox! If you'd like to take a peek at it, go here:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=88637
Thank You so much, Amy!

reneejul1 03-06-2007 10:28 AM

THANKS TO DAWNL, Twinshappy, Guarinomom
 
Thanks ladies, I will have them in my CCRAK album shortly!!

Julesiana 03-06-2007 10:38 AM

reneejul1
 
Thanks Julie for the Super Cute CCRAK!!
It really brightened my mailbox and my day!!

CardFanatic 03-06-2007 11:19 AM

Lots of Thank Yous! :-D

studbo - Thank you, Linda, for the beautiful RAK! Great design and colors!

jsbrooketrout - Thank you, Sue, for the lovely RAK! I have to hunt it down in your gallery... don't recognize the great BG.

amyhughes7380 - Thank you for the cute paper bag card... and the yummy hot chocolate!

abmurray 03-06-2007 12:02 PM

Welcome RAK from epiphany
 
A big thank you going out to Sharon! This card is absolutely beautiful! Everything about it is beautiful! I post all my RAK's in my album/gallery so come and see it!
Ann
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...94403&cat=9458

abmurray 03-06-2007 12:08 PM

Thank you to Trish
 
Thank you so much for the beautiful card Trish! I didn't see and couldn't find your username on the RAK list, so hope you see this! Love how it looks like a black eye susan! You are so creative!
Ann
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...94404&cat=9458

studbo 03-06-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
Lots of Thank Yous! :-D

studbo - Thank you, Linda, for the beautiful RAK! Great design and colors!

jsbrooketrout - Thank you, Sue, for the lovely RAK! I have to hunt it down in your gallery... don't recognize the great BG.

amyhughes7380 - Thank you for the cute paper bag card... and the yummy hot chocolate!


You're welcome Jen! Hope you are feeling better!

Pinky 03-06-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrikitty
I will need all the prayers and good thoughts I can get. I have to have surgery on my Rt. elbow...the MRI shows an EXTENSIVE tear on one of the muscles that attaches to the Humerus (upper arm bone) but works the lower forearm, wrist and hand. he is going to toally disconnect it from the humerus and attach it to the radius (one of the lower arm bones) so my arm mechanics will change a little, but the stregnth will decrease a lot.
This surgery will be taking place either the week of March 12th or the week of April 16th. I'll let you all know as soon as I can. They are having me see the infectious disease doctor first to see if she has any preventative ideas/meds etc. to offer. The surgeon is going to put me on Vancomycin (what I was on for over 6 motnhs with a PICC line for the wrist) before the surgery. during and for a couple of hours after.

I ask that you all PRAY and send out good vibes that my "dormant" MRSA does not show up in this surgical site. (as you all know it took 3 of the wrist bones in my left wrist) *IF* it gets in the bones of the elbow, *AND* they can not cure it immediately...amputation could be a possibility.

Yes I am taking a risk to have the surgery, but he says it is only about 20% chance roughly(since there will be no foreign bodies involved, ie. pins, screws plates etc---it is just stitches).

The pain will only continue to get worse because the tear will continue to rip til it is ripped the entire legnth of the muscle (down into the forearm/hand) I actually have 2 tears one on each side of the attachment, but the one side is long and down past the elbow now, the other is just from the attachment point to the elbow joint at this time.

If I was 66 and not 46 I probably would say let's let it ride for now. I have enough pain on a daily basis as it is, if this could be one less than great.

My kids are out of the home, except for Youngest DD, My older Sister lives far away as does my mom. I have 2 friends that I scrap with etc. But SCS is a big part of my life, and I consider many of you my friends!

thanks for keeping me in your thoughts,
Susan

Susan, we will be praying for you and wish you a speedy recovery!

Pinky

papermoon04 03-06-2007 01:18 PM

Thank you so much for the beautiful RAK Peggy. (smallpigpig) You are such a talented stamper! The floral background stamped in eggplant on aprricot is just stunning. The softly colored bird and saying from Natural Beauty are truly that! Thanks, I really needed this today!

crazycatstamper 03-06-2007 02:28 PM

Thanks, Bonnie/radsue!
 
1 Attachment(s)
A quick thank you to Bonnie for the "red roses" in my mailbox! She also sent me two images for the "image chain". I'll see what I can do with those!

A big apology to whoever sent me images last time.... There was no explanation about the chain that was going, so I'm afraid I was a broken link. I set them aside SOMEWHERE in my stamp room where they may never again see the light of day! LOL!

Gonna go see if I can get some RAKs together.... I got the labels all printed up to sent out about 12... That ought to catch me up! LOL!

jojot 03-06-2007 03:20 PM

Susan (rainy)
 
I was blessed in my snailmail box today with a beauty of a creation from Susan. I didn't know where to begin in 'analyzing' its creation.....it had flowers, both flat images and 3'D images, brads, button flower denter, ribbon used in a unique and creative way, as well as an awesome layout and faux stitiching.....and a very creative left border image...............wowza......amazing how a very creative person can bring so many element together in an awesome card.....thank you so very much, Susan....you made my day...........thanks also for your friendship and encouragement in the galleries........you are kind with your comments.......happy stamping to you.......

CardFanatic 03-06-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamper
A quick thank you to Bonnie for the "red roses" in my mailbox! She also sent me two images for the "image chain". I'll see what I can do with those!

A big apology to whoever sent me images last time.... There was no explanation about the chain that was going, so I'm afraid I was a broken link. I set them aside SOMEWHERE in my stamp room where they may never again see the light of day! LOL!

Gonna go see if I can get some RAKs together.... I got the labels all printed up to sent out about 12... That ought to catch me up! LOL!

The images could have been from me... I just send them with all of my RAKs (not a part of the chain so no explanation)... unless I've had a senior moment and forgotten to put them in the card. :p I didn't realize the chain was still working. How cool!

rhondag 03-06-2007 06:19 PM

Hugs to you Susan!!!!

smallpigpig 03-06-2007 06:34 PM

im glad you liked the card!
I had to ask dawn what your addy was because she didnt update the list.. hehehe

have a good one1
Quote:

Originally Posted by papermoon04
Thank you so much for the beautiful RAK Peggy. (smallpigpig) You are such a talented stamper! The floral background stamped in eggplant on aprricot is just stunning. The softly colored bird and saying from Natural Beauty are truly that! Thanks, I really needed this today!


amyhughes7380 03-06-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedystamper
What a great surprise to find a beautiful Carte Postale card in my mailbox! If you'd like to take a peek at it, go here:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=88637
Thank You so much, Amy!

You Are SO Welcome! Thanks for the lovely comments!

amyhughes7380 03-06-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
Lots of Thank Yous! :-D

studbo - Thank you, Linda, for the beautiful RAK! Great design and colors!

jsbrooketrout - Thank you, Sue, for the lovely RAK! I have to hunt it down in your gallery... don't recognize the great BG.

amyhughes7380 - Thank you for the cute paper bag card... and the yummy hot chocolate!

You are welcome! Thought the Hot Chocolate would help up North, then I saw you were sick and thought "She'll really like it now!!!" :-D You are welcome!

TERRORE3 03-06-2007 07:06 PM

thank you to renejul1, stampincuziluv2 and JRT
 
I have some very special SCSERS to thank:
1. reneejul1: THis card is stunning IRL. I am in love with scalloped edges and this is a terrific way to showcase the flowers inside. Check out Julies card http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=56969


2. JRT: The cracked glass tech on this is so fun and really neat to look at. It enhances the flowers wonderfully. Thank you Joyce for sending this beauty my way. Here's Joyce's card http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=10527

3. Stampincuziluv2: Dee this is one of my favorite set. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. The blue in the flower is so peaceful to the eye thank you for brightening my day with the card and the extra cording goodies inside. you're very sweet. here's Dee's card: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=24886

Again thanks gals you're all so great!! tfs'

Twinshappy 03-06-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneejul1
Thanks ladies, I will have them in my CCRAK album shortly!!

Your welcome!

raduse 03-06-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamper
A quick thank you to Bonnie for the "red roses" in my mailbox! She also sent me two images for the "image chain". I'll see what I can do with those!

A big apology to whoever sent me images last time.... There was no explanation about the chain that was going, so I'm afraid I was a broken link. I set them aside SOMEWHERE in my stamp room where they may never again see the light of day! LOL!

Gonna go see if I can get some RAKs together.... I got the labels all printed up to sent out about 12... That ought to catch me up! LOL!

You're welcome Lisa. Can't wait to see what you do with the images.

Angela R. 03-06-2007 09:33 PM

Big thanks and BIGGER apologies to Bonnie and Terry!
 
Hey ladies, I think i forgot to thank y'all for the raks I received from you.
Terry, I appreciate the (belated) birthday card using delight in life, SO pretty!
Bonnie, thanks for the Valentine's day card, love that stamp w/ the *heart* flowers and the bling you added!
Thanks so much!! :mrgreen:

crazycatstamper 03-06-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduse
You're welcome Lisa. Can't wait to see what you do with the images.

Well, I got them colored.... Now I'm stuck! LOL! So I chose the images I wanted to send out to the two "lucky" stalkers that will get my "chain letters" and I stamped those up. I also got 12 other RAKs ready to go, so I feel like I accomplished quite a bit! LOL! Now, if only the lotto numbers would go my way tonight..... $370 million would buy an awful lotta rubbah!!!! LOL!

bambi64 03-06-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnmercedes
BadSherry was inquiring if the original thread was getting too long for us to continue posting on. Good question...Don't know the answer...but here is the solution.
After 105 pages...we probably need a new thread.
So RAK away and be sure to promptly post your Gratitude when you receive!

Daven doesn't like the threads going over 5000. And we were so close! ;) Thought maybe there would be some blog candy! oops wrong site ;) lol

bambi64 03-06-2007 10:17 PM

Kittie, Thank you for the adorable card I got today. The kids enjoyed it too.

epiphany 03-07-2007 06:16 AM

abmurry
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by abmurray
A big thank you going out to Sharon! This card is absolutely beautiful! Everything about it is beautiful! I post all my RAK's in my album/gallery so come and see it!
Ann
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...94403&cat=9458

You are so welcome, have a great day!!

epiphany 03-07-2007 06:25 AM

To Susan (rainy)
 
Thank you so much for the beautiful card, colors, layout, the sewing is awesome, I love everything about this one!!! Thank you for thinking of me! Here it is for all to see.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=61883


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:03 AM.