Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 12-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #7201
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I prefer snacks to meals anyway.
Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 12-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #7202
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemernow View Post
I prefer snacks to meals anyway.
Yes, but my snacks are chocolate and chips and junk like that!
shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #7203
Die Cut Diva

Well, Kandie, he's showing how much he loves you.. but I do see your dilemma. All that food sounds delicious, I love breakfast... but if I ate that everyday, oh my word... I'd be huge. I'm sure it won't take you any time at all to lose the weight. Let me know about the Nutrisystem.. I've considered it too, but it's probably way too expensive.

Bf does the cooking here too! He is a very good cook. I'm blessed that he takes on that chore... There are things I'd like to try though... that's another thing we are going to try for the new year... a few new recipes each month. I have boards on Pinterest that are just bursting with yummies.

Bf bought me a nice treadmill for Christmas a couple years ago. I've barely used it. I think we are both going to start using it. We both need new shoes though...

It just started snowing here. We are supposed to get about an inch tonight.. and more tomorrow.. but Idk how much accumulation.

We just finished watching the movie 'Gone' with Amanda Seyfried.<<--- sp? It was GOOD. A bit of a psychological thriller. I like that kind of movie.

Bf just turned another Star Wars movie on. I'm thinking about heading into the craft room.

Oh, do any of you have aquariums? I'm thinking of getting a small aquarium for my craft room. I got a little box of 3 Mexican jumping beans at the $ tree a few months ago.. and only one is still jumping. I told Brian I was going to need a new pet for in there, when it finally stops jumping.. so I'm thinking feesh! I'm debating between some of those cute Glofish or a Betta... not sure which. Opinions? xD
{Jeremiah 29:11}
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Unread 12-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #7204
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Has anyone here heard of Annie's Cardmaking Kit of the Month Club?
Unread 12-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #7205
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Either one Betta or some Glofish? I had to type that twice because it kept changing to Golfing. I think I'd like the Glofish!
Unread 12-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #7206
Die Cut Diva

Never heard of it Kandie.

I've been looking at inks.. I wish SU sold the ink spots. that stinks. They are much more affordable..and I could buy the re inkers.. plus they take up so much less room. I'm thinking of going with a different brand I guess.. there are a few that make the small ink pads.

I looked through the occasions catalog last night after I went to bed. I found about 5 sets I'd like to have.. the problem is, there is really only one set in the SAB I like. Boo.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Unread 12-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #7207
Die Cut Diva

Hehe, I'll get some Golfing and put them in a tank.... bahahaha! xD
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Kemernow likes this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #7208
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Unread 12-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #7209
Proud Fan Club Member

The girls and I just had fun playing with the new alcohol inks and distress inks that my DD got me for Christmas. Such fun - I have a LOT to learn!

Kandie - my dad did the cooking in the house I grew up in. Now, I mostly do the cooking. Every now and then I ask my hubby why he doesn't cook because they say you marry someone like your dad. What's up with that?! I don't like to cook, I like to eat! And I haven't heard of Annie's either.

Jennifer - SU used to sell ink spots. I was sorry that they stopped. Do you use your treadmill as a holder for clothing? That is what I hear people end up using them for!

Phillippians 1:6
Unread 12-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #7210
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladies, SU DOES SELL INK SPOTS. THEY ARE empty and you add reinkers! I bought the spots and reinkers of the new in colors.
cdimick, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #7211
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I watched the fused shaker tags video, and it is adorable. I saved it to my YouTube account.

Melody, I watched a video on the spirelli effect and remembered how to do it. I need to get the scalloped punch, or, better yet, dies, because in the video the demonstrator made the most adorable wreath. I'm going to give the entire card a try.
cdimick and muscrat like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #7212
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello All,

Stopping by with my Letter S card. No Springtime bonus for me.

WT616 Behold New Baby by DCinkit - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Off to have salad for supper. See you later!
Psalms 118:24~ Diane
shirlb19 likes this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 05:19 PM   #7213
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my 'S' card. DDABC22S Spring Butterflies by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers 'S's are a silhouette image, the sky word in the sentiment, and the spring colours. This card was also a CASE of one of Diane's cards for the featured stamper challenge of Sunday.

S2S17 Challenges -338.78
DCinkit and annsforte3 like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #7214
Proud Fan Club Member

I am trying to upload a scrapbook layout and it won't upload. Says it isn't working. Did you, Ina or Diane have any troubles uploading?

S2S 2017: +106.21 as of 07/31/17
Srapbook pages 85/100 as of 09/30/17
Unread 12-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #7215
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry you had trouble. Yes, earlier I had a little trouble, too. I cleared my history and cookies. That did the trick.

A different time, I restarted my computer and that worked.

Hope this helps.
smadson and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 06:44 PM   #7216
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Diane. I deleted all my cookies, and restarted my computer, and it still says it can't handle the request and SCS page isn't working. I guess i will wait until tomorrow. I have been scrapping trying to make my 100 pages for 2016. I have 4 more to go and two waiting to be uploaded. Then I will work on my S card. I will go look at yours and Ina's now.

S2S 2017: +106.21 as of 07/31/17
Srapbook pages 85/100 as of 09/30/17
Unread 12-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #7217
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry the trouble continued. Waiting until tomorrow hopefully will help. I saw a note from Pat on the WT Challenge thread; she is having an issue, too.

You have been a scrap-booking pro this year! 100 pages - wow! Hope you reach your goal.
muscrat and shirlb19 like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #7218
Die Cut Diva

Just popping in before everyone goes to bed... I'm almost done with my S card... *dances happily* I used my Misti!! Just for a small sentiment.. but it was cool! I made an attempt to use my copics... um, I'm not sure how I feel about them. For one thing, I had to make do with the colors I have.. which isn't many. And they are SO wet!! To the point that one splattered all over the card. Kandie! Now I know how you felt with that green sparkle ink. Ugh. Lucky for me though, I have the colorless blender.. and I went over all the spots.. about 4 - 6, with it.. and they faded enough to cover them. I have the front all done, I just need to stamp the sentiment inside. I decided I'm not leaving any of them blank any more. I did that with FF cards... that's why I didn't send more handmade Christmas cards... because I just couldn't find the oomph to finish them. Ugh.

Kathy, I know SU sells the uninked spots.. but I wasn't sure of the cost effectiveness of buying the spots... 5 for $9 and all the reinkers. Though I could always use a different brand of spots.. I found some that had 6 in a pack for $8... not saving a lot, but over many of them, it would be something. Idk yet. Plus, I don't really like the fact that SU retires their ink colors. How long will a bottle of ink last? I do like the fact that it's kind of a no brainer type thing.. matching papers, inks, markers.. I like their markers. I have 4 of them that I got when I bought some used ink pads from someone here. I'm debating on not getting any more copics.. Idk. It's a big learning curve.. and with no one to really teach me, it's difficult.

Catherine, no, the treadmill is in the living room. At the moment it's pretty much a jungle gym for my cats. lol

I'd like to ask you all for a little bit of prayer.. it seems kind of petty, given the issues some of our alpha sisters are dealing with. It's for my daughter's pet ferret. Her name is Shaylee. She is about 8 years old I think.. which is pretty good for a ferret. She is my daughter's little buddy. Courtney is at her dad's.. but bf's son went into Courtney's room to check Shaylee's food and water and he came out and said she was acting funny. Kind of wobbly and dizzy maybe. I went in to see her.. she was on the floor just kind of walking around. I picked her up to see how she was and she just let me hold her. If any of you know anything about ferrets, you know they are very active.. borderline hyper. They don't sit still. It's very hard to hold them for any length of time. I sat down on the floor and put Shaylee on my lap and she just sat there. I called Courtney at her dad's.. she's on her way home. I know she's going to be very upset. We've all known it's been coming... Shaylee has had a very long life, full of love and fun.. but that's not going to make it any easier.

Ok, I wrote all that up there over an hour ago.. and didn't hit post. Courtney came home and we dr'd the weasel, (that's my loving nickname for Shaylee, hehe). Courtney thinks she may be constipated.. her belly is hard. She gave her some laxative stuff for ferrets. She also had some fleas.. we got rid of them, I think, by using a flea comb and she also had gunk in one of her ears. I took a few drops of mineral oil and put it in it and then massaged it for a bit then cleaned it really well with a couple qtips. So... We shall see. She also got her to eat some of her vitamin goop.. So yes, any prayers would be appreciated.. even if it is Shaylee's time to go... I am praying that Courtney finds peace and comfort in the memories of all the good times they've shared. Thanks ladies.

So anyway, I'm eating an apple and I got my card done too.. and photographed.. I just need to upload it. Woohoo.. along with 3 others I've done recently.

Ina, you changed your picture!! <3 <3 It's lovely!
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
DellsDani, cdimick, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 07:47 PM   #7219
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Default This week's challenge - Post #7046

Diane....I believe I read you are our featured stamper. Way to go!!!!!

Jennifer, no need to apologize for going to bed last night. I was up til 4 in the morning and then managed to fall asleep until 6. So 2 hours of sleep is better than none. In fact, I think I will go to bed now. I am sure I will be back up. I don't know how you can just lay in bed awake. If Ron weren't home I guess I could play a game or something...however, it's better for me to sit up in a hard chair with a heat pack on my back. This pain getting worse thing is just not going to work for me. Know what I mean?

WellCrew,I wish everyone a great night. I hope everyone is feeling well. Hugs to all and to all a safe weekend. I shall return tomorrow.

Alphabet Challenge - Post Your Cards /Chat Along
DCinkit and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #7220
Proud Fan Club Member

Dani, I sleep on a heating pad. It shuts off in an hour unless I push it back on.
Unread 12-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #7221
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's my "S" card and it's Santa for me!! Sorry not feeling Springy yet nor am I feeling creative!!
Unread 12-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #7222
Proud Fan Club Member

Uploaded three cards a few minutes ago and yes I kept having trouble said the sight could not handle it at the time.

I just kept going back to the previous screen after it said that. It took 3 tries each time of doing this and then I got it uploaded. All three uploads were doing the same thing.
Unread 12-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #7223
Proud Fan Club Member

Night everyone!! Tired, DH is sick with a bad cold, he looks like Rudolph!!

So not much sleep for me last night with his heavy breathing and blowing his nose! Figures, he has been helping me out so much with my arm and running like crazy and then he gets sick!!
Unread 12-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #7224
Gabfest Goddess

There are lots of times, I would love if my hubby would be into cooking, but I hear ya Kandie. It is hard to control what you are eating, especially if someone else is cooking. You will have to ask for his support in not cooking all the carbs maybe? The scrambled eggs would be good for sure. Good to get lots of protein.

Shirl
Unread 12-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #7225
Gabfest Goddess

I have an idea for an "S" card, just have been busy making birthday cards lately. Like Ann, I am not in the spring mode yet. Having fun creating wintry birthday cards.

Going to make it an early night. Nighty night all.

Shirl
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #7226
Die Cut Diva

My 'S' card... Springtime Hello
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo

Last edited by DreamsInPink; 12-29-2016 at 11:21 PM..
DCinkit and annsforte3 like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 09:52 PM   #7227
Proud Fan Club Member

Jennifer - Please don't apologize for asking for prayer for Shaylee and for your daughter, Courtney. Pets hold important places in our hearts and I will be praying for both Courtney and Shaylee. Please keep us posted.

DCinkit, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 09:53 PM   #7228
Die Cut Diva

Aww Catherine.. thank you so much!! I appreciate that. Also, thank you for the sweet comment on my card. I'm surprised you could see it already. xD
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Unread 12-29-2016, 10:44 PM   #7229
Die Cut Diva

My 'M' card... Jesus is the Reason
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo

Last edited by DreamsInPink; 12-29-2016 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: fixing link
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #7230
Proud Fan Club Member

Good night Jennifer! Sweet dreams.

Unread 12-29-2016, 11:19 PM   #7231
Die Cut Diva

My 'U' card Unto us a Child is Born
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 12-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #7232
Die Cut Diva

Ni night, Catherine!! Sweet dreams!! I've been trying to get these cards on here. I have one more.. but it can wait till tomorrow!! xD
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
cdimick, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 12-30-2016, 05:28 AM   #7233
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, all. How is everyone this morning! Jennifer, your cards are LOVELY. And I keep the ferret in prayer. Our fur children deserve all the love and prayer just like we do.

Catherine, I had something I was going to write, but I forgot it already. One of those days...

Hi Shirl, I now have too many ideas for an S card!

Back to my coffee and catching up!
cdimick, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 12-30-2016, 05:32 AM   #7234
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh! I forgot my funny story! Poor DH. He got up early, couldn't sleep. Went to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee. Took the coffee pitcher over to the water function on the fridge. Pushed the pitcher against the lever. Fell asleep standing up. Didn't wake up till the ice cold water soaked his socks, Lol. Missed the pitcher completely but managed to run down the fridge door and all over the kitchen floor. I came out a bit later and said, what's with the towels all over the floor? He said, don't ask!
cdimick, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Unread 12-30-2016, 05:40 AM   #7235
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh kandie that is so funny! I have a similar story. Years ago....I awoke around 2 a.m. because of knocking on the back door. I opened it and there stood DH, socks in his hands because they were soaking wet. It turns out he was sleep walking. He got up, dressed, but no shoes and went out to go to work. The cold wet grass woke him and he had locked himself out! He used to talk in his sleep a lot back then. I would ask him questions and he'd answer me until he either woke up and realized what was happening or until he got irritated with all the questions and then just stopped talking!
cdimick, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 12-30-2016, 06:10 AM   #7236
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Our wonderful men!!!
annsforte3 likes this post.
Unread 12-30-2016, 06:10 AM   #7237
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, how are you feeling this morning?
Unread 12-30-2016, 06:14 AM   #7238
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been surfing the site trying to find a challenge that starts on the 15th. I thought it was the C4AC but that one is still going. I shouldn't have erased it from my board.
Unread 12-30-2016, 06:22 AM   #7239
Proud Fan Club Member

These stories are hilarious! Thanks for the smile.

My DH and DD both talk in their sleep. I respond to them and they will reply to me in their sleep until they fall back to sound sleep or wake up. So funny!
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 12-30-2016, 06:35 AM   #7240
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie - Here's a link to the Challenge page. Hope this helps you find it.

Splitcoast Challenges - Splitcoaststampers