Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2020, 04:24 PM   #321
Proud Fan Club Member

I really don't think someone will buy it because it was a large room built into their farmhouse and her husband is still there. She had daughters and granddaughters who helped her and she had classes in a room in the main house. She was overstocked because when someone wanted something, she ordered it, meaning sometimes she had to buy more than one if the item. She ordered the old fashioned way. A catalog and telephone! 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:43 PM   #322
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, so sad to for that family and all of her customers.  

If any of you want to see a great pumpkin box go look at Melody's gallery, her tape roll tinker box is fantastic!! 

Great work, Melody!!
mcschmidty, jan31, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:01 PM   #323
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirl, a rubber plumber's gasket is basically a square flat piece of flexible rubber (about 6" square // about 1/8" thick).  You get them at a hardware store or places like Menard's or Home Depot.  The ones the stamping/die cutting companies sell are called rubber or silicone embossing mat.  Walmart and Michael's both sell Cuttlebug brand. Simon Says Stamps sells several different ones.

If you wanted to use something you already have, here are some possibilities.  Note:  I have not tried any of these, so I don't know how effective they would be.

Fun foam
soft leather
thick vinyl
fake leather
several layers of fabric
a piece cut from an old purse
sheet of soft cork
the kind of rubber that tire inner tubes used to be made of (OK, I'm dating myself)

You basically need something that has a little bit of thickness, but has give, so the thin dies can sink into it to emboss the paper. 

This embossing technique will NOT work with Sizzix Bigz dies, because they are designed to cut through the thick materials. 

I hope this is helpful.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #324
Stazon Splitcoast

Aww, thanks, Ann.  Do you want it?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, muscrat, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:17 PM   #325
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my, yes, Melody, I love it!  But I don't want you to spend money on sending it out! Postage has gotten so expensive!!
mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #326
Proud Fan Club Member

Speaking of expensive postage, my demo friend sent two large subs (hoagies, sandwiches, whatever you call them in your neck of the woods) to her son in Nashville for his birthday. She chose two day service since they are perishable. Cost her over $60!!!!!  She told him to enjoy each and every bite because that's the last time she'll be sending them for his birthday! LOL. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:32 PM   #327
Proud Fan Club Member

My goodness, a lot of chatting today!  Yesterday hardly anything and today a lot!
Catherine, how blessed you are to have those wonderful paintings of your aunt’s.  I am sure you cherish them!  They are beautiful!  

Gracie, your new baby is precious!  Our DD had a kitty we all loved when she was little, then we found out she had asthma and was allergic to cats.  That was the end of that, but we all loved Buffy, a pretty charcoal gray kitty.  She would stretch out full length and nap  on hubby when he lay Napping in the recliner.

Kathy, I’m am so sorry for the  loss of your friend.  I remember how you liked to go to her shop and how she ordered items for you.  I know you will miss her.

Hi Jan, Shirl, Jayne, Ann, hi to  all of you!

Off to Melody’s gallery, now!
jan31, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:43 PM   #328
Stazon Splitcoast

anyone here? I have a Paypal question my sister have Paypal. And she going use her Paypal account. And pay for Splitcoast Fan Club 24.95 I alway told Lydia I pay by personal Check and mail in the mail. So my question is what information does my sister need to know from me? And if my sister pay it by Paypal. what does she need to do? And can I go back and pay with personal check if need be? thanks Linda
 PS. She is going do this in the summertime. I just wanted to get the information awhile I had the time to read over the replay's Thanks, Linda
mcschmidty, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:38 PM   #329
Gallery Gazer

Kathy, sorry so to hear about your friend at the craft shop, sounds as if she had a lovely set up having the shop at her farmhouse. 

Our postage has gone up, on a Halloween card I just posted for our youngest GS in England it cost €1.45, it used to be 30 cents less before lockdown!

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:42 PM   #330
Gallery Gazer

Shirl those scones sounds tasty.

I have a very thin embossing mat, well two really, one is beige and very thin I use with a hard embossing plate for those dies that need embossing.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:42 PM   #331
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Checking in to say Hello!!!

Catherine love your curtains, but really really love those paintings- what treasures!

Kathy- so sorry about your friend/LSS owner- so sad!  Thanks for saving that bird : )  Sorry to not be able to go to the store- hope they can work something out!

Oh Gracie, your new kitty is so very sweet! Loving the pictures. 

Shirl- so nice to get a haircut, and love the sound of the scones- yum on the pumpkin one!  WHat are you looking to cook/bake?

Off to see Melodie's project.  I am thinking I did see something posted on it- but will look again.  

Jan- you get so much done around the house!  

Gelli plate sounds like a fun wasy to get Mojo- may take it to Colorado and show it to the DIL. I am not sure she'll like it- will look and see it you can transfer designs to cloth at all.  Wouldn't a mask on a Gelli plate be so cool?

Good heavens, I got a beautiful treat in the mail today- I am in awe of the fabulous hearts of the ladies in this group- I know I've said it before, but you are a special group of ladies!!!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:14 AM   #332
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning to everyone! 

Catherine, what lovely curtains and what a difference they’ve made!  It’s amazing, isn’t it. When I moved to DH’s home he still had the original heavy brocade short curtains from when the house was built in 1960.  Can you imagine the dust on the tops of them!  It took me three years to talk him into taking those awful things down and letting me put up blinds and sheers!  He would keep saying “but I had them specially made at JCPenney and they were expensive!”

Oh Catherine, those paintings are so lovely, what talent, and I ADORE the one with the covered bridge!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 10-21-2020 at 06:27 AM..
mcschmidty, jan31 and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:26 AM   #333
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, we share your wind and gloom.  Our winds here like to blow in a circle.  ND football played here at home last week and the commentators were saying how the field goal kicker couldn’t get a good lock on how to kick the ball because all the field flags were blowing in different directions!

Kathy, we have two mail people.  Our regular man will deliver on the other side of our street and then take a lunch break in the parking lot of the gas station a short distance away.  Some of his breaks must be looooong because sometimes he doesn’t get to us for two or three hours later!

The lady mail person is prompt, and when we see her across the street, we know she’ll be on our side within a half hour.  She’s great!

Oh Gracie, what a sweetie pie of a cat!  She already knows she’s loved and in a good home, I can tell.  

Kathy, I’m so sorry about your LSS lady.  . It’ll sure change a lot of things in your craft world.  And how lovely her store must have been and so nice to be a part of her home. 

Shirl, please send me one of those pumpkin scones, would you please?  LOVE scones and love pumpkin!!!

Melody, where in the world do you find all your information?  Are you a Google guru or just have a fabulous memory and talent for figuring things out, lol.  I suspect it’s the latter!

Shelly, don’t you just love getting things in the mail?  . I’m waiting for today’s mail because I have a color print cartridge coming today, yay!

I’m off to check out Melody’s gallery!

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:31 AM   #334
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, your box is fantastic!!!

Good morning, everyone!

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:44 AM   #335
Gallery Gazer

Kandie, I never had that problem when we got married steve was in the Army and our quarters had furniture in it, we had an armless sofa with stretch covers in green and purple swirls, disgusting, no choice, we eventually bought a sofa and chairs and curtains, when they decorated you had a choice of yellow, blue or pale green!

My mum made curtains for a living, she had her own little company at one point so we always had beautiful curtains, blinds, bedspreads, she was amazing!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:46 AM   #336
Gallery Gazer

I forgot to say we have the external blinds here so we just had sheer curtains that I made and some cream curtains in the bedrooms, they are just so the room looks cosy really!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:50 AM   #337
Gallery Gazer

Today’s job was painting the little patch that we always miss as it means standing on the only bit of roof tiles we have, of course I was volunteered to climb over the wall on the flat roof to paint it! Steve painted the top half of the walls, he made a mess dripping paint from the roller so I was there with the mop cleaning as we went along.
Looks lovely and clean now! 

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:13 AM   #338
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, you and Steve are such hard workers!  Are you all done now?

mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:13 AM   #339
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Back To The Future Day!

mcschmidty, jan31 and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:37 AM   #340
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie!  One of your comments or stories took me down memory lane today!  The one about your husband saying “the drapes were custom made and so expensive!” An from the 60s whatever!  For our first home in the 70s our drapes were custom made by JC penny’s or Sears; I really don’t remember which.  I loved those drapes!  Of course they were in the colors of golds and rusts of the 70s.  We moved to a one year old home in another town.  Yep,  took those drapes with us and put them up on the picture window (That is what we used to call the front windows back in the old days) of that home!  They hung there for at least ten years until we remodeled the home, ( tore down walls, sanded the textured walls,, new windows, wallpaper, new kitchen cabinets,  all in country blues, the whole nine yards.  I took those drapes to my mom and dad’s who lived in a lake house in Arkansas, and they hung in there walk out basement sliding patio doors until Mom moved back here 20 years later!  Did I tell you I loved those drapes! LOL

Good morning, everyone!

I agree with Kandie, Jan, you and Steve are hard workers!  
 It so are Kandie and her DH when they get those furniture projects going!

Shirl, I wish I had a scone to go with my tea right now!  I used to make scones.   It DH won’t eat them.
I will post this before I lose it.  Everyone have a great day.  I have to investigate back to the future. Is it because it is 10 21 21?

Old 10-21-2020, 07:43 AM   #341
Proud Fan Club Member

I loved the Back to the Future movies!  Time travel is about only kind of sci-fi I do like.
Happy Back to The Future Day! Thanks Kandie for another memory lane moment! LOL

Oh, it is celebrated because 10/21 is first date Marty Mcfly went to.  I think that is right.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:43 AM   #342
Proud Fan Club Member

Before my grommet panels, which I now love, I had tab top curtains in a beautiful blue plaid. They hung in my living room for years and years and would still be there if they hadn't started tearing after I washed them last time! I got them at Sears at least 20 years ago! In my kitchen, I have a very long vertical blind hanging. Got that at JCPenneys even longer ago! Every time I think of replacing it (it's at least 102" long) I cannot find anything that I would like as well!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:57 AM   #343
Proud Fan Club Member

Falliday Fest
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:24 AM   #344
Gallery Gazer

Kandie no we haven’t done,I just said to steve that after tomorrow when I have to paint the bits  steve missed today I am having Friday, Saturday and Sunday off, he said,weeeell, 
We are waiting for the coffee table we’ve ordered, that’s flat pack, oh joy.

We have lots more to do, we’ve been away so much in the last few years , England, SF, it’s just piled up and we really needed to revamp our garden, it has been eighteen years so I’m determined to do it while someone is in the mood to spend!! 
mcschmidty, smadson, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #345
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Jan I so hear that comment about willing to spend!  Catch ‘em when they’re on a roll, I always say, lol.

Sharon, gold and rust heavy brocade draperies hanging from metal hangers with the pull cord at the end, yep.  And cream sheers the same size also with the pull cords!  Ugh!  Beautiful at the time, but now in the 21st century when the house has dark walnut paneling (now painted light blue, thank goodness) the drab and darkness was just too much!!!  I love the blinds now and the sheer ombré yellow long curtains hung to each side.

mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:22 AM   #346
Proud Fan Club Member

And I love time travel movies too!

mcschmidty and smadson like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:25 AM   #347
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

All this talk of window coverings!!  LOL!  I remember those days!

When we got all new windows in the house we went with the blinds inside the windows. It makes sense for all of us with allergies!  No dusting off blinds!

Jan you are such a hard worker!!

Falliday Fest, wow, just around the corner!

I'm hungry with all this talk of sconces!  Feed me!! Ok time for me to go eat! LOL!
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #348
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my, miss one day and I have lots to read! I was helping a friend make cookies yesterday and then we played Mahjong. I'm playing again today! My goodness...where does the time go?

My new kitty likes to cuddle, so that cuts into my craft time! LOL Thanks for all the sweet comments on Lola.

Kathy, so sorry to hear about the death of your friend with the craft store. What a shock!

Love that box Melody! I also love all the great info and tips you provide for us!

Hi Shelly, Ann, Kandie, Shirl, Linda, Catherine, Ann, Jayne, Jan and all! Have a great day!

mcschmidty, jan31, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:36 AM   #349
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I was up late last night making Spiral Apple Bread with Caramel Apple Glaze. This involves a yeast dough so raising was involved. They are made in round cake pans and I made them for a treat for our pastors since October is pastor appreciation month. I also made three cards for them last night. Needless to say, I didn't get any grading done. I hope they like the spiral bread. It has definitely been a challenging year to be a pastor.

Kathy, your driveway and view is just gorgeous! And I'm so glad you were able to save that cute bird. 

So sorry about the loss of your friend too.

I'm glad you like my paintings that I have. I absolutely love my aunt's art and treasure them since she passed away in 2010 a few weeks before my mom. Plus, of course, they are of favorite places in my home state too. They are one of things that I would be very sad to lose if we had a forest fire here.

Shirl, yum to those scones! And yes, I purchased the plumber's gasket at Home Depot for much less than the embossing mats created for die cutting machines. My Big Shot didn't come with one so I went in search of the inexpensive alternative. I'd be curious about the results with fun foam, I might have to try that.

I'll have to go check out Melody's pumpkin box later. I'm sure it is amazing.

Shelly, I would think that if you are using fabric paint, you should be able to transfer something from the gelli plate to fabric. It would be interesting to try!

Thank you, Kandie, it is amazing the change the curtains made. Now I'm in search of sheers to go behind them and some sort of tie back for during the day when we want them open. I was going to get the bracket kind that mount to the wall but DH doesn't want them on the wall the normal way they are put up and I'm not fond of his alternative solution. (He wants to put them on the inside of the window frame area instead of on the wall right beside the curtain.)

Jan, both girls have Roman shades on the inside of their windows. Because I've been looking at sheers, DD1 told me she would like to put sheers up inside her room but wasn't sure how that would look with the Roman shade.

Sharon, if your DH won't eat scones, then you make them, freeze them, and take one or two out at a time to have with your tea!

How fun, Back to the Future day. Thanks for the reminder, Kandie!

I will leave you with this cute photo of Wesley. Now, off to work with me.

Attached Thumbnails
eb530197-0d99-4efa-bc23-96c529d3c032_1_201_a.jpg  
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:36 PM   #350
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you ladies, for all your love on my boxes.  I sent one out to my cousin this morning.  The USPS had no option for regular mail on line (I wonder if that's something new), so it had to go priority.  $8.00 -- even the flat rate box it would have fit in is more than that.  I'm not sure if I could have sent it by regular mail if I had gone to the PO, but really didn't want to.  These boxes are very light weight.

mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:21 PM   #351
Proud Fan Club Member

Two years sgo there was a woman who lives near DH's hunting cabin that got mauled by a bear. Well just this week, her dog was killed by a bear! I told DH he needs to make sure he has a gun when he walks out in those woods! 

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 06:05 PM   #352
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yum, now I want cookies, Gracie! What kind were you making? Lola likes to cuddle? So sweet. Now that the nights are getting cooler, I know Wesley is more likely to be sleeping with DD2 - which DD2 loves. Wesley is getting to be more of a cat than kitten so now she will surprise me by getting on the couch beside me and rolling over. That is Wesley's way of asking for a belly scratch/rubbing.

Yikes, Kathy, yes, your DH needs to be careful in those woods!
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:15 PM   #353
Gallery Gazer

Catherine your apple bread sounds delicious, yeast isn’t something I have been successful using, well I’m not good at making cakes either really, pastry is my thing.
Steve made a fish pie for dinner last night with a mash topping, he uses potatoes and root veggies, it was delicious, I had to go to two supermarkets before I could get fresh parsley, we usually have some growing but it died while we were away and the new ones aren’t big enough to cut.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:00 AM   #354
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Could not sleep, I have been awake since 5 A.M. 

Fish pie? Jan what else is in it?  I do not eat a lot of fish, just does not seem to agree with my taste buds.  

Kathy, that sounds horrible about the bear!  Yikes, I agree tell your son to be careful!

It's rainy and dreary here this morning!  

How's everyone doing this morning?
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:53 AM   #355
Gallery Gazer

Morning Ann, well the fish pie had salmon, prawns, onions, leek and parsley sauce with potatoes, turnip, rutabaga mashed on the top, sometimes I made a pastry top instead.

We’ve had rain today, drizzly, we still had our walk as it was only spitting as we say, first thing, we can’t believe how dark it is in the mornings, 8am and it’s still quite dark.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:55 AM   #356
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I think I only got about two hours sleep.  I have a sore hip this morning.  I am sitting here with cup of tea, then a shower and then off for a hair cut and nails this afternoon.  In between, I am going to visit my friend who just turned 70, younger than me!  She fell off a rope swing and broke At the pumpkin patch with her grands and broke  her ankle.  Now, Tuesday she will have to have surgery and get plates and screws put in.  We older people brake when we fall.  LOL.  Her name is Barb, if you would like to remember her in prayer.  She has s lot of other health issues, too, like high blood pressure and a heart condition, although both doctors have released her for surgery, if the swelling goes down.

So, I will be gone all day.  Everyone have a great day.  And yes, Kathy, tell hubby to stay away from the bears.  That is frightening!

Ann, maybe you can get a nap today?  I hope so.  Take one for me , too. LOL
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:06 AM   #357
Gallery Gazer

Sharon your poor friend, makes me wonder why we do these things and risk injury when we get older, says me who’s been climbing on the roof to paint, ha,ha

Sorry your hip is sore, have you been overdoing it? Mine plays up if I kneel too much!

our neighbours popped round yesterday just to say hello, we were just talking about their friend who had a birthday, 79, then steve realised that he will be 70 in January, we were just wondering how we became so old, seems only  five minutes since we were forty!
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:25 AM   #358
Proud Fan Club Member

I have osteoporosis so I tell everyone at this stage in my life I am a spectator and no longer a participant! I had hip pain last night too, Sharon. And I know tomorrow night will not be good because I have to go to Walmart for both mom and I. My list is pretty long and moms usually is fairly long too. When I shop at Walmart I pay for it later. 

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:05 AM   #359
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!

Sorry to hear about the aching hips! I can relate. I've been adjusting my sleep number bed and think I've found a setting that works for my hips. I also put a small pillow between my knees which helps. Getting older requires lots of modifications and inventiveness! 

Catherine, Wesley is so cute! I love snuggling with Lola. She is such a lover most of the time, but can be aloof when she wants to be. She is a cat after all! LOL Your pastors are lucky to have you...yum, spiral apple bread and cards! Wow! And, I agree, the loss of those gorgeous keepsake paintings would be awful. I guess it's one of the things I'd grab if there was a fire!

Melody, love those boxes. Too bad, the postage has gone up so much. 

Jan, I agree about age...when I had my birthday, I thought wait a minute...I can't be 67! I'm sure I was just 50 years old last year! (My mind says 13 years old, ha ha.) But, then again, the old body reminds me and I have to be extra careful as I have osteopenia and arthritis. I want to run, jump and swing like a kid...but it's best to think twice before doing anything silly. 

Jayne, Happy 10th Birthday to Jackson! Enjoy your family reunion this weekend.

Ann, you'll need a nap today, but then again, I think you are the Energizer Bunny with all you do! You're amazing!

Kathy and Sharon, it sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you both! Don't overdo!

Kandie, I've got to get over to MMJ and see what you've been up to. I really need to spend time in my craft room! I love all your journals and the tips you share.

Ok, I need to get busy! Have a great Thursday! Hugs all!

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #360
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! For those of you who are having dreary, rainy weather, just know that both of my girls are envious. We have a beautiful, sunny day out there.

Sorry you didn't sleep well or much, Ann and Sharon. And sorry to read about the painful hips. Praying that eases as the day goes along.

Sharon, will add Barb to my prayers.

Gracie, your comment about thinking twice before doing anything silly reminds me of my mom. She retired at 62 because dad was 12 years older than her and they wanted to travel. She looked all over (it was more difficult to search for back then too) for medical insurance and couldn't find anything that wasn't cost prohibitive, so at the age of 62, she gambled without insurance until she turned 65. Those three years, she was probably the most cautious of her entire life! Fortunately, she didn't need any care during those three years either.

Jan, my DH cannot STAND rutabagas. The girls have never tasted them because I don't even bring them into the house. Honestly, I don't know if I'd like them or not. I don't remember my dad cooking them when I was growing up so I may have never tasted them either!

Gracie, oh yes, the aloof cat, definitely. The challenge with grabbing my aunt's paintings is two fold. Some of them are quite large and my DH has these hangers on the back of them that he loves. They are spiky and poke right into the wall and hold really well. They are great - except when you want to take them off the wall and transport them as the spiky bits can damage the paintings/frames at that point. We put cardboard there but it doesn't always stay. I guess I need to use painter's tape with the cardboard. I understand why my DH loves these hangers, they are just a pain when moving.

For anyone who might want to give it a go, here is the link to the spiral apple bread I made. https://inspiredbycharm.com/spiral-apple-bread-with-caramel-apple-glaze/
It is kind of fiddly but very tasty!

Must dash to work. Chat with you later!