Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2020, 12:28 PM   #281
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi ladies!!!

Linda- if you go to the top and click on HOME, you will see on the top Rt side of the page where to put in your email for the weekly inker newsletter.  I enjoy it each week!

Kathy- beautiful treat holder- a fun and festive item.  Congrats on hubby retiring!  I tease my husband and tell him I may have to stay up late and find items to break so he will have something to do, but I really do not think that he will be bored when he retires in a couple of years. 
How is your nephew doing these days?

Catherine- hoping you have a fabulous time with DD2 on her birthday!  Love the card you made for her!

Oh Ann, sorry you had a bad day and we missed you on the call.  I have lots to do getting ready for Colorado and also lots to complete in the craft room before I leave.  

Dagmar- so sorry your hubby is sick- that norovirus is nasty!  Hope it passes quickly!

Shirl, would like to hear how the Hot Pot goes- I am thinking about getting one.  My friends tell me there are groups on Facebook if you are on it.  They love only having one dish/pot to clean up after dinner. 

Jayne- no surprise you are a dirty girl- and there are a few others here I think will join you before long, or they should join you, IMO !

Off to create- have some kits to finish : )

Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:48 PM   #282
Stazon Splitcoast

yes I already get it too! But, Can edit the email too? Is the question if, How do I do that? Thanks Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi ladies!!!

Linda- if you go to the top and click on HOME, you will see on the top Rt side of the page where to put in your email for the weekly inker newsletter.  I enjoy it each week!

Kathy- beautiful treat holder- a fun and festive item.  Congrats on hubby retiring!  I tease my husband and tell him I may have to stay up late and find items to break so he will have something to do, but I really do not think that he will be bored when he retires in a couple of years. 
How is your nephew doing these days?

Catherine- hoping you have a fabulous time with DD2 on her birthday!  Love the card you made for her!

Oh Ann, sorry you had a bad day and we missed you on the call.  I have lots to do getting ready for Colorado and also lots to complete in the craft room before I leave.  

Dagmar- so sorry your hubby is sick- that norovirus is nasty!  Hope it passes quickly!

Shirl, would like to hear how the Hot Pot goes- I am thinking about getting one.  My friends tell me there are groups on Facebook if you are on it.  They love only having one dish/pot to clean up after dinner. 

Jayne- no surprise you are a dirty girl- and there are a few others here I think will join you before long, or they should join you, IMO !

Off to create- have some kits to finish : )

Shelly

Last edited by hotwheels; 10-18-2020 at 12:52 PM..
Old 10-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #283
Proud Fan Club Member

My nephew is better. He does not need surgery on the shoulder, but he's a rope climbing teacher at a gym so he will be tender for a while.

Linda, I don't think you can just change your email for the weekly inkling. But I'm sure you can just sign up under a new email.

Maybe Lydia could change it?

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #284
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, did you change your email completely?  Then you should also change it in your profile, but like Kathy said, you probably just need to sign up for the newsletter with a new email.  If you have trouble, the person you should probably ask is Lydia - send her a PM.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:56 PM   #285
Stazon Splitcoast

cook22 told me something So I did now to wait for Wed. and see what happens?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Linda, did you change your email completely?  Then you should also change it in your profile, but like Kathy said, you probably just need to sign up for the newsletter with a new email.  If you have trouble, the person you should probably ask is Lydia - send her a PM.
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:31 AM   #286
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!  This week end it finally cooled off.  Furnace is on now!  I went downstairs and brought up some long sleeves and warmer clothes.  I got into the baking mode, Saturday!    I baked oatmeal for breakfast, baked macaroni and cheese , and baked brownies! LOL. 

DH is reading forecast through next week.  Snow showers next week!
What Happened to Fall?
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:46 AM   #287
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Sharon, furnace weather. We had a little cool down but not for long. Looking forward to a little more coolness for fall here. I love spending my morning with a hot beverage in hand. 

Have a happy week all. I already have my C card made and ready to load. I really like how it turned out. I love the artists who really capture the innocence and sweetness in their images of children. I never care for seeing children glamorized in adult like poses that takes away from the childlike qualities of the stage they are in. Okay, I will get off my soap box now.
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:09 AM   #288
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Yes, furnace is running here as well. It was 30 degrees this morning! Nose is acting up with the heat on!

I agree, Liz, what they do to children's images is terrible.

Sharon, wow, all that baking!!  Must have been the cold weather that triggered it!  

Shelly, your trip is rapidly approaching!  So fun!
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #289
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We have cooler nights and mornings but still reaching 80s and 90s during the day. For a while it seemed like fall was winning but then summer butted back in! My girls are trying to will it to be fall. Of course, we have a bunch of wood that needs to be moved and stacked before we are truly ready for winter.

DD1 had a better birthday than she expected, I think. We bought her a new bookcase for her room and also Ikea's version of the crafting cart - well, that is how I think of it. For her, it is her TBR cart which stands for "to be read." She is excited to have both of those items in her room now. 

I made a new recipe for her birthday dinner and she loved it. It is a pumpkin "ricotta" stuffed jumbo shells with a garlic cream sauce - but it is all vegan. Her body and dairy are not friends. She loved it. And she chose mixed berry pie for her birthday dessert.

Shelly, I've lost track of when you are headed to Colorado. Have a fun trip!

Sharon, how nice to have cooler weather and wow, you really did a lot of baking!

Liz, I completely agree with you about what they do to children. When my girls were little, I finally had to go to Macy's to get nice dresses for them. The more affordable places where I normally shopped had dresses that made me think they were trying to turn them into working girls! I couldn't imagine dressing my girls that way, so Macy's it was.

Good morning, Ann! I hope your nose adjusts to the heat being on because it will probably be that way for a few months now, right?

Well, off to work. Chat with you later.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #290
Gallery Gazer

We have cooler  mornings and evenings, I have to wear a thin sweater to walk first thing,  but in between it’s hot in the sun. 
we bought some paint back from England that is supposedly self cleaning! It’s expensive but we used it on the plaster moulding around the windows and one side of the villa, fingers crossed it works , it was pretty hot painting in the sun.
mcschmidty, shirlb19 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:45 AM   #291
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all!

Shelly I am not on facebook. I ordered two cookbooks from the library for the instant pot. Not sure when I will get to start using it though.

Catherine sounds like an excellent birthday celebration. Happy to hear it went better than expected and she was happy with it all.
Just saw your beach card. Love! Do you have a big shot? Was wondering how you embossed with the gasket. Like what sandwich did you use?

Sharon, love all your baking choices! Yum!

Ann that is pretty cold. Getting cooler here now too. We are getting closer to the 7 degrees Celsius that is recommended for getting the snow tires put on. Time to make appts. We don't have any snow forecasted yet.

Kathy, you did well on figuring out what to do for a project! Gorgeous!

Dagmar is your dh feeling any better yet?

Jan, I am missing the sunny days here. Your weather sounds so nice!

Wow, Liz I am still behind. Have not done B yet and you are ready with C!

Karen is still suffering with dizziness and migraines. This 3rd round of chemo is also affecting her stomach on top of the dizziness and migraines, but the chemo is working she says.

Shirl

mcschmidty and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:15 PM   #292
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirl, I use my cuttlebug, but when I emboss a thin die using a rubber mat, I think I use A, B + B (which on your bigshot would be your base plate + 2 cutting plates.  In addition to those, you need to add extra shims.  I use cereal box chipboard, and if I remember right, I use 2.   You have to play with it a little to get what works for your machine. 

For the instant pot, you can do a google search for whatever type of meal you want and can probably find lots of recipes on blogs, etc.  Basically, anything that can be cooked in a pressure cooker or crock pot can be cooked in the instant pot.  You can also cook rice, creme brulee, cheesecake, other desserts, steam vegetables, etc.... need I say more?

Cooking blogs tend to be very specific with lots of tips on how to do things.  A lot more informative than a cookbook generally. 

I've used pressure cookers for years.  The best part of the instant pot for pressure cooking = you set it and can walk away.  You do not need to stay nearby and keep an eye on it.  It's also quiet.  I haven't used mine yet as a crock pot, because I have a perfectly good crock pot and I think it holds more.  But if it ever dies on me, I don't need to replace it.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 10-19-2020, 12:31 PM   #293
Gallery Gazer

Shirl that sounds cold although it was only 10 c at 8.30 this morning coming home at 9.30 it was 17c it finally got up to 22c apparently we have rain forecast for Wednesday, at 8 am and 7 pm ha, ha not sure how they can predict the times

Sorry to hear Karen is still suffering, could you pass on my best wishes when you are in touch with karen Shirl.
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #294
Gallery Gazer

I need to google instant pot as I’ve never heard of them!
Old 10-19-2020, 01:12 PM   #295
Proud Fan Club Member

When I hear the word insta pot I think of rice. I'm sure you can cook a lot of other things in it but I've always seen pictures of rice. 

My eyes are still blurry from having them dilated this morning. I managed to make tuna noodle casserole for supper. It's simple and I didn't need to read a recipe.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:06 PM   #296
Stazon Splitcoast

Will someone sent me to test Pm Email so can test my subfolder out? in my gmail.... Thanks Linda
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:26 PM   #297
Proud Fan Club Member

Do you want a pm or an email? Those are two different things. Let me know and I'll send one

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #298
Proud Fan Club Member

I sent you a pm. You don't have the option to send an email. You must have to select that in your profile.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 06:24 PM   #299
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda, in the box that says receive email from other members, you need to select that box and save it. Then when people click on your name they will get an option to send you an email. If you just want to get the weekly inkling newsletter through an email, that's a different story. You will need to sign up for that with your new email. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 06:51 PM   #300
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I'm glad your DD1 enjoyed her birthday! I'm glad she found a bookcase and cart for her room. It's always fun to add new furniture to your room. That pie sounds yummy!

Our weather is similar to Catherine's where we have warm days and cool nights. 

Ann, it sounds like it's going to be a chilly October for Wisconsin. My mom and DH have already had snow flurries and it's suppose to snow 2 inches tomorrow! Brrr!

Sharon, that sounds like some yummy baking!

My DD and Stacey were here with their four dogs. We went hiking along the river and, then out for a belated birthday dinner. 

I'm hoping to get in my craftroom. It seems like I've not been keeping up lately with all the cards I need to make. Where does the time go.

Have a good night or day, depending on where you are!
mcschmidty, jan31, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #301
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! So exciting (for me) as DH hung our new curtain rods this evening and we hung our new curtains. They need to be steamed but it looks like a different room! The curtains that were there when we bought the house I'm sure were lovely at one point but they were ugly and the little undersized rods they were hanging on were WAY too little for the job, they bowed!

Shirl, I have a Big Shot and use my multi purpose base (you know, the old kind that used to come with the Big Shot and had the two tabs). I used that with one tab open, both cutting plates and a rubber plumber's gasket from Home Depot.

Self cleaning paint, Jan? That sounds like a fabulous idea!

Shirl, I second Melody's suggestion to google what you would like to make in the instant pot and the food bloggers have much more detailed instructions on using the instant pot than most cookbooks.

Kathy, I've only made rice in my instant pot a couple of times but cooked lots of other things in it. It did the rice just fine, by the way. DD1 wants me to get the stuff to try making vegan yogurt.

Gracie, I'm sure you are so sad to be missing the snow! ha!

Here are a few photos of the before/after for the window coverings.
Attached Thumbnails
9807331b-36fd-4a93-ae64-13c512c0000f_1_105_c.jpeg   730b5c11-350c-4425-95bd-081c2b5d7864_1_105_c.jpeg   d894ef2d-9eca-4563-9dfb-294930e4c154_1_105_c.jpeg  
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:07 PM   #302
Gallery Gazer

Catherine your new curtains look lovely, I see what you mean about the old ones, our son still has the old curtains in their bedroom from the previous owners but they have just made a walk in wardrobe and took Out the old fitted wardrobes, he’s now painting the room before buying the plantation shutters! Our DIL hates the curtains!

I will let you know how good the self cleaning paint is when we have rain with the sand , it’s supposed to just wash off! Unfortunately not indoor paint!

Kathy the instant pot reminded me of Pot noodles, did you have them in America!

Hi Gracie , I’m not fully in craft mode either, too many jobs to do.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:50 AM   #303
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Lovely curtains, Catherine.  I would like to see that painting to the right of them.  It looks like my color. LOL

Jan, you work too hard! LOL. You need to craft more!

Oth challenges look doable today. Will attempt them later.  I had intended to go first thing this morning to a store for curbside pickup and the. To PO to mail our ballots, and to get more stamps.  Apparently, though, the store has abbreviated hours because of COVID and doesn’t open till noon! Screwed up my whole planned day!  I like to go in mornings and get home quickly! Oh, well!

Cloudy, cold and dreary here. Oh, and windy, always windy!
Have a great day!
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:51 AM   #304
Proud Fan Club Member

Lovely new curtains! They may lose the wrinkles just by hanging. I bought new curtains last year for the living room. I got grommet panels and love them! So easy to pull open or closed! They were wrinkled pretty bad but I did iron them a bit. They still had wrinkles after ironing, but eventually the wrinkles disappeared. 

Daily Scripture Thread

jan31, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:57 AM   #305
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, it's a very mild day here. Gloomy because of rain, but I went to the mailbox without a jacket. Speaking of mailbox. Yesterday I thought our mailman did not go because I put a letter in the mail before I went to my eye appointment and it remained there all day. Around 8 p.m. last night, I decided to go down and get my letter so it didn't set out all night and when I look in my sisters mailbox next to mine she had a package. Apparently, the mailman went early before my appointment. I took my sister's package over to her because she didn't go down to look for mail since my flag was still up. I normally don't look in her mailbox but I just decided to see if she had anything and then I would know if he went. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 08:39 AM   #306
Gallery Gazer

Sharon we always go out early too, we like to walk, breakfast and get back to, we’ll work basically, ha,ha,
I have been a bit out of sorts with  crafting since we came back, can’t quite get my mojo going for some reason.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:58 AM   #307
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning.

Catherine, your curtains are such a pretty soft shade of gray. Happy for you! I have cloth blinds on most of my windows here in AZ. Our cabin doesn't have curtains since we are up on a hill and no one is close to see in. Not much to see anyway! LOL

Sharon, it's hard to know what hours businesses are keeping now. Limited hours and days for lots of them. Sorry to here it's cloudy and dreary...a good day to get inky though!

Kathy, glad you got the package for your sister. My DH sent me a birthday card and he said it was large so he had to pay extra postage. The ding dong put cash in it. That was 3 weeks ago and no card. He talked to post office and they said nothing they could do. He hates the postal service. I said why did you put cash in it instead of check and he said I've always gotten away with it before. Lesson learned, I guess.

I have news! I have a new baby! (you pet lovers will understand) I've had cats since I was 17 and my last big boy, Teddy, passed away 3 years ago. I've really missed him even though we have our 2 dogs. I've been looking at the Humane Society's web page for the last 3 years at all the sweet cats, but wasn't sure that I wanted to adopt again. Well, I saw this kitty in September named Lola and she just seemed to call my name! LOL I decided if she was still available on my birthday that I would adopt her. So last Thursday morning I went to see her and then, I went back Thursday afternoon and brought her home. She is so sweet, gentle and well-behaved. She is 3 1/2 years old and only weighs 8 pounds. My new love. 
Attached Thumbnails
lola-sitting-window.jpg   lola-10-15-2020.jpg   lola-napping-my-lap.jpg   lola-her-bed.jpg  
Old 10-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #308
Proud Fan Club Member

Your new baby is adorable!!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #309
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Thanks, ladies, we love the new curtains though we still need to get a few things - like the sheers to go behind them and I'm trying to decide if I just want the metal brackets on each side so I can swag the curtains back during the day. We'll get there though. I'm just so happy with the new look. We should have gone to Ikea a LONG time ago for curtains. I think I picked up the double curtain rod last summer - but I'm glad we didn't put it up and re-hang the curtains that were there when we bought, because we moved the rod up quite a bit higher than the spindle rods were.

Yes, Sharon, it has definitely been challenging to keep up with the hours stores are operating these days. I'm sure it is hard on the employees too! I don't mind cloudy, cold, and dreary but I'm not a fan of wind!

Kathy, how long is your driveway? I picture a long walk from your house to where your mailbox is. I never mail things from my mailbox though. Fortunately, there is a cute little post office right between my house and the freeway on ramp for the direction I most often go.

Jan, do you have gelli plate? I think playing with it and paints, inks, whatever, along with stencils and household items to make patterns would be a fun way to restart your mojo.

Congratulations, Gracie, on your new critter! Will the dogs like her? Will she like the dogs? She is so cute! Love the photo of her curled up in the bed. Honey uses the bed we got for Wesley far more than Wesley does. Right now Honey is trying to give me the evil eye because she wants to curl up and sleep on the part of the couch that I am sitting on!

Lola is a little girl for 3 1/2 years, or so it seems to me. I'm by no means a cat expert!

Sharon, I am attaching several photos of paintings that I have in my house. All of these were done by my mom's older sister. The first one is Mulnomah Falls (Oregon) in the winter and is the one you requested to see. Next is Wallowa Lake (Oregon) and that is where I camped pretty much every Labor Day weekend of my childhood. After that is Eagle Cap Wilderness (Oregon) which is near Wallowa Lake and DH backpacked there. Fourth is a covered bridge in western Oregon, and last is a bull riding event at a rodeo. The bull riding painting hangs in my laundry room in this house. I realize that I don't have photos here of Mt. Hood (Oregon) and Haystack Rock (Oregon coast) that my aunt painted for me. Most of these were requests and the season was specified as well. We also have Crater lake painted by my DH's grandpa. Oh, and I have a painting of the Long Prairie River in Minnesota from my mom's childhood and that painting is in a frame that her brother made for it.

Oops, just looked at the time. Must dash to work!

Attached Thumbnails
multnomah.jpeg   wallowa.jpeg   c666bf5d-09a6-4259-8e1f-422da261b53e.jpeg   covered-bridge.jpeg   bull-riding.jpeg  

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:52 AM   #310
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, my driveway is not super long. I'll post a picture I just took from my front porch. I took it on my phone because the camera is better, but I'm typing this on my tablet. 

I heard a thud at my kitchen window. Thought it was a bug but got a surprise when I looked out. I scooped him up before the cats saw him!  I'll edit to add my pictures in a minute

Daily Scripture Thread

Last edited by muscrat; 10-20-2020 at 10:45 AM..
Old 10-20-2020, 09:53 AM   #311
Gallery Gazer

Beautiful paintings Catherine , what a talent your Aunt has, gorgeous.

I have been playing with my gelli plate, I’ve really enjoyed it but Mixed media isn’t something in good at really but I enjoy doing something different, I think we've had so many jobs to do my head isn't on craft ideas at the moment.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:55 AM   #312
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's pics
Attached Thumbnails
img_20201020_123356548_hdr%7E2.jpg   img_20201020_123840456%7E2.jpg  

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #313
Gallery Gazer

Gracie your new baby is very cute but I’m not a lover of cats at all, sorry, I prefer dogs,  Steve’s mum always had cats and they would always make a beeline for me, I’m sure they know I’m not keen! Ha,ha, steve and the boys are all so allergic to cats, our youngest once went to friends for a meal and after half an hour he had to leave he was so bad, steve was diagnosed with asthma once and later found out it was his allergy to cats.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:14 AM   #314
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon!

Oh Gracie, she is so pretty!!  Love her coloring!!  Such nice company for you!

Gracie, tell your DH never put money in an envelope!!  Look they even took the card and the die cuts out I sent to Sharon, and all the embossing panels I put into Karen's card were gone!  Some people, how do they sleep at night!!

Kathy, you are such a good person, always thinking of others!!

Catherine, so wonderful to get something new and the rod and curtains look wonderful!! 

I am so behind today, have to get moving!  
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:47 AM   #315
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm happy to say the little birdie was only stunned. After letting him sit in the cage a while I went to take him out and he was flying all over inside the Cage. I finally caught him and took him down in the woods you can see in my last picture. I went to set him on a branch and he flew away up into a tree.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #316
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm so glad you saved the stunned little birdie Kathy! I hate when birds fly into windows. Poor things.

Hi Ann, I've told my DH not to send money through the mail but does he listen? Ha ha!

Jan, I understand that lots of people don't care for cats. I love all animals and our 2 dogs are used to having a cat around. They seem to coexist pretty well. Jenny loves to lick our cat's ears when Teddy used to curl up by her. My sons were allergic to cats when they were young, so I didn't have any when the kids were young.

Catherine, that's fabulous that you have all those lovely paintings by your Aunt! How beautiful and such a wonderful keepsake!
Old 10-20-2020, 12:07 PM   #317
Gallery Gazer

Kathy poor little thing, it’s a good job you spotted it
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #318
Proud Fan Club Member

I am heartbroken. My demo friend just called to tell me the lady who owns our very favorite LSS died this morning! I don't know what happened, although I do know she was diabetic and had one leg removed. Demo friend says she heard they wanted to remove the other just recently. Her shop was crammed full of all kinds of goodies and I loved going there before covid hit. So sad.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #319
Stazon Splitcoast

FYI

Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #320
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Gracie, I am in love with your new kitty. What a sweet heart! Thanks for posting those pics. I think she was meant for you. I cannot imagine her not getting adopted by someone already.

Catherine your new curtains look good and those are wonderful paintings.

Kathy, glad the bird was just stunned and is on his way now. So sorry about the owner of your local craft store and sorry that you will not be able to go there now. Maybe it will get sold to another person who wants to take it on.
That is what happened here to a store called Country Lane. The owners were going to retire and close the store. Maggie, a customer, bought it and it is still going strong.

We have been gone for most of the day doing errands and getting a haircut as well. Got out this morning to pick up one of the cookbooks that was in at the library and got our walk in. Weather is quite nice today. Seeing sunshine.

Catherine thanks for the sandwich for that. I must have something that will work instead of the plumber's gasket. Melody, I am looking to you for that answer lol....

Went to a bakery on our way home and got fresh bread and two scones...one pumpkin and one apple pie scone.

Hi Jan, Sharon, Jayne, Linda, Shelly, Ann and all.

Shirl