Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #121
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Shelly for more sewing on cards tips! Love it.

Happy Birthday Victoria!

Kandie, I hope you get over these bites quickly and your dh too!

We had a closer H.&L, in Bellingham, but of course cannot go there now due to the border being closed. 

Got my potatoes done, just have to get ready to go. But I also started working on a card for FS.

We got out this morning before the rain hit, although we got rain on the last block home. Had our umbrellas with us thankfully. Now it is pretty much rainy all day.

Thanks for the recipes, Catherine! Popping all the balloons sounds like fun!

Shirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #122
Stazon Splitcoast

Aww, Catherine, you should have let Wesley play with the balloons.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #123
Proud Fan Club Member

Just printed off those recipes, Catherine. Thank you.

I am going to sub red lentils though for the soup. 

And I am glad the cookie recipe did not involve rolling out anything, lol.....Is there really only 1/4 cup pumpkin in that recipe?

Shirl
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:20 PM   #124
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay! I uploaded my two cards for the Autumn theme and caught up with commenting on those who post on the posting thread. 

Melody, we did let Wesley around a couple of the balloons and decided she was afraid of them! We laughed at her jumping away from them.

Shirl, if you notice, that cookie recipe doesn't make much. I doubled it when I made it (I also had to make modifications so the vegans could eat it too). I used regular sugar too instead of the coconut sugar. Next time I make them, I'm going to use the Pumpkin Pie spices on the Libby's recipe instead of Pumpkin Pie seasoning.

A family get together sounds like fun, Shelly!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:27 PM   #125
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, young love can be painful...I feel for your DD and hope that she ends up having a wonderful birthday.  I remember the young man bringing her home from work one night when we were zooming.  Those recipes look yummy. Thank you.

Spiders...ok..snakes..no way.

Shelly, is this the trip where you will take the bicycle and cart thingy..sorry I’ve forgotten the name of it.  My memory seems to be shot these days...lol

Waving and hi to everyone.  I’m creating again today..what else can a girl do 

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:04 PM   #126
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Can you smell it? I just took two loaves of bread out of the oven. Yum!

Old 10-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #127
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yum...wish I were at your house.  I love freshly baked bread with butter on.  Now I'm hungry lol.  I've just finished doing a few chores to freshen the bathroom/house up...nothing too strenuous.  Now I can play to my little heart's content.  Waiting for DH to return from his Dr's appointment.  Medical issues seem to be the bain of our life at present..I guess that comes with getting older.

Old 10-11-2020, 09:09 PM   #128
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I wish you were here too, Jayne! Wouldn't we have fun?! (And probably get into trouble...oh well!)

Sorry about the medical issues...we could get into trouble and forget about them!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:17 PM   #129
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
I wish you were here too, Jayne! Wouldn't we have fun?! (And probably get into trouble...oh well!)

Sorry about the medical issues...we could get into trouble and forget about them!

That sounds much more fun.  Yes we would have fun and get into trouble and even more if Gracie were with us LOL....oh I would love to visit one day and have a craft weekend with you ladies and we could stay in our jimjams all day LOL.  Such fun.  I need to win lotto.  

The sun is shining today...I believe it's going to be 28 degrees.  Such a lovely day and I really should go for a stroll but I want to play and finish some cards. My head can't really think at present.  I had so many ideas and now they've gone pffft LOL.  Enjoy your bread.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:45 PM   #130
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That would be fun...I'd have to get some jimjams though!

I've gotten a lot done today...but haven't touched the grading yet so that is what I should get off here and go do.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #131
Gallery Gazer

Morning ladies, Catherine I love fresh bread just with butter, nothing better!
Sorry to hear about your DD, sad isn’t it, any chance they will get back together?
And your DH lost his helper too!

We had a few spots of rain yesterday just after our walk, I went on the roof again to paint the edge on the roof with the green paint and re do some parts with the sealant, steve took down the wires on the BBQ frame work just in case the man comes to measure for the roof. Metal mickey as we call him came round and he took the old chairs away but he didn’t have room for the table, he is coming next Saturday to collect it.

Our Lamb dinner was delicious and we had enough for me to make a pie for tonight.

Our son rang last night, well they both did actually, youngest rang from SF and apparently a woman had just run into the side of his neighbours house and caused loads of damage to the front pillar of the house, he ran out to check his neighbours is ok but she said she knows the lady so not to ring the police, well they arrived as we were talking, it could be structure damage!

Youngest GS has a remote control truck, he was showing us and says it’s cool! 
DIL has an appointment on Tuesday to check on her eye, she still can’t see much so can’t take GS to school, our son has been taking him early to the breakfast club and then Catching his train to London, he either gets back to collect him or DILs sister collects GS from school and takes him home! 

Old 10-12-2020, 06:55 AM   #132
Proud Fan Club Member

It's a rainy Monday but we needed rain so I'm not complaining. Currently 51 outside and 66 inside. I could turn on the space heater but for now, just have a hoodie on

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:12 AM   #133
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies.  Kathy, what dreams!  They sound like some I’ve had, and the fact that you remember them is amazing!

I also have a Joanns and a Hobby Lobby within 10 minutes and a Michaels just a few blocks from them, all in an area full of stores and restaurants, Walmart’s, Meijer s, Kohl’s, various health food stores, and a mall.  I know which of the three stores carries what I need (I have their layouts memorized-oops!).  Joanns carries the Tombow glues and the better Tim Holtz section.  During this pandemic, though, I have been mostly getting supplies online.  I just ordered some Sari silk ribbon yarn for my journals, like rough cut natural material ripped into strips with strings still on the strips.  I want to use it for the girls’ gifts.

Catherine, I’m so sorry about DD1 and the sadness she is experiencing.  Silliness is good medicine!

Shelly, the redness has faded and I’m back to two clear spider bites.  The area is still painful, I think one bite went into a muscle.  We are watching carefully, because it was a series of bedbug bites from a house I was working on, they were on the windows and in the upholstery, yuck, that set off the psoriasis.  It was in my system, the dermatologist said, and the bites triggered the condition.  So I sure as heck don’t need any more things triggered, lol.

And by the way, have a terrific time traveling and family fun!

Jan, your DH sure has a busy schedule with youngest GS!  How does he keep track of when and where???

Ladies, good morning/evening to all of you, wishing you a terrific Monday.  I’m still working on a journal.  I did check the challenges today and think I will take a pass, although giving up the embossing buddy is something that happens to me nearly every time I emboss, lol.  I always forget to use it.  :j

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:54 AM   #134
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Yes, it will be rainy here as well today!  Overcast and humid!

Kandie, so sorry about the bug bites.  I got a spider bite too on my finger from moving an outside table, wow did it hurt, took days to go down even with benadryl gel on it.
Did you go in or did you send your spouse to vacuum out that bedroom?

Now is the time all the creatures are trying to move into the house with the cold weather coming!

Catherine, hugs to your DD!  Young heartaches and friendships are so hard but give us lots of lessons going forward. Still now help when it is happening. Hugs to her!

All this talk of soup makes me want to go make a batch of chicken noodle soup!  Love it in the cold weather and with warm bread would be wonderful!  Maybe later this week as I have to thaw a chicken!

Off to look at the challenges and eat breakfast/lunch.  I am behind today!

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:22 AM   #135
Proud Fan Club Member

Please go to the DTGD prize thread and do some answers to question, or we will never get these prizes given away! LOL
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:24 AM   #136
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.  Happy Columbus Day and Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends.

I've been working on another little round box.  I remembered that I have some decoupage medium (actually, I have 4 jars), so I'm still good for the final coat.  I think they might all be opened, so I hope they are still usable.  The one I opened just needed to be stirred, but otherwise is fine.

Rainy, windy, and dreary out today.  I was thinking of going to Michael's, but I can wait.  I'd rather craft anyway.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:28 AM   #137
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We have a lovely sunny morning out there but it is definitely cooler in the mornings/evenings, so, for here, fall is in the air. Somehow I am running behind this morning...hmmm.

Jan, praying for your DIL and her vision.

Both girls would envy you your rain, Kathy and Ann. We had some in the forecast for this past Saturday and then it fizzled out to their great disappointment.

Hmm, Kandie, perhaps I should give Joanns another try. Last time I was in there, their paper craft section was pathetic. And don't get me started on the line just to get your fabric cut! Crazy.

Glad the redness has faded, now for the pain to go away and leave you alone!

Too true, Ann, that now is the time the spiders etc want to move in. I'm fine with them outside, inside, they have to go!

Must run, off to work!

Old 10-12-2020, 09:59 AM   #138
Stazon Splitcoast

Wind just picked up and the rain is pouring down.  Crazy weather.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:29 AM   #139
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday!

Dark and dreary and raining here.  But it is so dry here, the rain is welcomed : )

Stayed up late- not watching the time- cutting out more masks.  I ordered the elastic with the beads on them, so they can be tightened or loosened.  Hubby asked me to add that elastic to the mask he likes to wear, so took that apart and re-did it.  I am going to make masks in smaller sizes for the PRC where the lower income and those who need can go for food and clothes. So many out of work now!

Kathy- yes, we are loading up the van with the bike trailer and hopefully a wagon- they do not want to Coop car . 

Jan- prayers for your DIL eyes to heal and vision to return.  

Shirl- it has to be so frustrating to have the border closed.  To not be able to go places so close!  

Kandie- glad your neck is better.  Our nearby Joann is small and has terrible stamping supplies selection.  The better Joann is 20-30 minutes away depending on traffic.......  I rarely go there, but they have so much fabric, I did stop in a week ago- and did have to take a number and wait in line too. 
Our Michaels stopped taking competitor coupons- only go there for 110# cardstock usually.  

Waving hello to all- I am going to have a bowl of soup for breakfast/lunch!

Shelly 
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #140
Gallery Gazer

We had high winds this morning,I even had to put a sweatshirt on, I still had shorts on but it was quite cool in The shade and the wind was whipping up the sand and blowing it across our path, we had to turn our backs at one point, thankfully it died down by lunchtime so I go the tiling done! Another job ticked off the list!!

Apart from our eldest having to dash about they have a builder in taking out the bathroom and making a walk-in wardrobe, they’ve had to move out of their bedroom. So our son has been sleeping with our GS in the spare bedroom so DIL could sleep in GSs bed as she had to sleep on one side because of her eye,  apparently our son did t get any sleep as our GS kept laying on him to get cool he said so this week our son has moved into GSs bed to get some sleep as he has to work, he said he fell asleep on the train going into London he was so tired. Poor lad, it’s a lot to cope with on his own, if we did t have to quarantine for two weeks we would have gone back over to help
Old 10-12-2020, 10:50 AM   #141
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all!

We have some wind today but not bad. Tomorrow is supposed to be quite windy. 

I wore jeans last night to our friends and today I have on jeans as well.  Bye bye shorts weather I guess. It is definetly cooler!

It was so enjoyable to have dinner with our two friends last night.

Jan, that must be so hard to not be able to go help your family. I hope your dil's eye will improve.

Shelly, thanks. No telling when the border will re open. I have ordered a few things from scrapbook.com. They have great service and shipping was not too much. I do pay more on the exchange but a girl needs some new toys sometimes, lol.....

And good on you for making all those masks for others in need.

Melody- Happy Columbus day to you and all!

Catherine -hope your Monday work day goes well. Prayers for DD1.

Ann, of course you have all your Christmas cards done, lol.....Way to go!

Shirl
Old 10-12-2020, 02:30 PM   #142
Proud Fan Club Member

I worked on journal 1, then on 2, now I’m printing papers for 3 but accidentally hit double sided, so there’s a real waste of printer ink.  

mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #143
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all! I had alovely visit with my daughter and her fiance this
weekend. We had fun wedding dress shopping but didn't find the one yet.
David and I just finished a lovely turkey breast roast in the instant
pot. So moist and delicious! Now time for a movie and an early bed time.
I fell way behind on chat but I hope you are all well. Hugs.

My Gallery
Old 10-12-2020, 09:02 PM   #144
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!!

Sleep well everyone!!

Annette, you need your sleep for your GS!! He is so cute!!  

mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:46 PM   #145
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, our rainy, stormy day ended up sunny and clear, but still cool.  Finished another little round box today.

Last edited by lacyquilter; 10-12-2020 at 11:04 PM..
jan31, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:36 AM   #146
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Gracieeeeeeeeeee (Judyyyyyyy), happy birthday to you.  Hip hip hooray, enjoy your special day you crazy lady but much loved on this site.  Have a wonderful day whatever your plans.
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:20 AM   #147
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy, Happy Birthday, Gracie. Have a great day. All the best whishes to you. 

Last edited by gutsport56; 10-14-2020 at 05:46 AM..
Old 10-13-2020, 05:31 AM   #148
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie,
Attached Thumbnails
770ab0ff-00ba-4309-9fa7-66b0c7321a62.jpeg  

Old 10-13-2020, 05:32 AM   #149
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette, good to hear from you!

Melody, what will you do with your little box?

Good morning, everyone!

Old 10-13-2020, 06:33 AM   #150
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Happy birthday Gracie!

It's time for those piano playing nice!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:18 AM   #151
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRACIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a fantastic day!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:34 AM   #152
Gallery Gazer

Gracie, happy Birthday, have a super day, 
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:21 AM   #153
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning!

First things first, Happy, happy birthday, Gracie! I hope your day is fabulous and fun filled with some silliness thrown in for good measure!

It is a sunny day and warming back up. We get a tease of fall and then warm back up to the 90s temp wise. However, it is definitely fall because it cools off nicely in the evening.

I have a sweet dog sleeping on the couch beside me as I type and I'm rushing to get off to work. 

Yesterday I was the only one in the building the whole day. It was very helpful because I was mostly uninterrupted and could watch Youtube videos to learn more about Excel (spreadsheet). I believe I solved a problem that I've been banging my head against the wall over for weeks now. And I learned more about Excel which is helpful.

I'm almost caught up on the grading thing too. DD1 wants to do the grading. I think I may have to work something out there!

Annette, good luck on the wedding dress search. I hope you and your daughter are having fun doing that!

Kandie, that is frustrating to print double sided when that isn't what you wanted. I feel your pain! Hope your neck is better this morning.

Shirl, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jan, your poor son and DIL. And so hard on you not to be able to pop over and help too.

Shelly, I hate taking sewn things about and re-doing! Good for you getting that done.

Well, I'd better get off here and finish getting ready.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:35 AM   #154
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies. 

Happy birthday Gracie!

Kandie, most of the time, I don't know what to do with the boxes.  One (tulip) that I posted yesterday was a special request.  The pumpkin was for a Michael's pumpkin contest that had to have a pumpkin.  The prize - one of 5 $500 gift cards.  I doubt that I won, since the contest was nationwide, but it was fun to make the box.  I always keep the tubes from crochet thread unless they are totally mangled and unusable.  And I love making boxes.  What can I say?
Old 10-13-2020, 10:24 AM   #155
Gallery Gazer

Catherine I remember learning excel spreadsheet, I figured it eventually but now I wouldn’t know where to start!

Our weather is changing, mornings are cool, still in shorts but needed my sweatshirt again as it was 12 c, at one point where the road goes over the dry river bed it dips and it dropped to 8c, that was a shock by the time we arrived home it was 18c, I still managed to finish the tiling although it did get hot in the conservatory but I’m very pleased at how it looks.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:32 AM   #156
Gallery Gazer

Last night our son heard a crash, he ran outside to see a car had run into his neighbours house and caused damaged to the front wall and garage door, she can’t get her car out now, a friend came to visit and pressed the accelerator instead of the brake!
She shouted that she was fine but when he texted her alter after the police and fire dept had been to see if he could help she said she really couldn’t think about being worried as her mother had broken her leg and may need it to amputated and her step father has dementia so can’t look after her,  she’s never been married so no husband/ partner and I’m not sure if she has any siblings either, luckily there’s no structural damage.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #157
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, when I volunteered at the hospital they let me take courses that their employees took. So I have knowledge of word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. I'd say my knowledge on Access is extremely limited, but I'm still pretty good with the others if you ever need help. I think I still have my study books on those too. Plus I took one class at the University where my DH works and z couple of classes at a local college. I even took a course years ago on WordPerfect. That was before Word took over the word processing programs.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #158
Gallery Gazer

Kathy I did an evening course at the college for word processing, pre computers, having to remember  all the PB, for underline, PS, for printing , so much easier now, is that similar to word perfect?

I also did basic accounting  but I’ve never used it as I’ve always done secretarial work and sales.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:53 AM   #159
Proud Fan Club Member

Did you use the DOS system where you had to type in commands. WordPerfect was similar to Word. 

I took a financial accounting class but withdrew because I knew I wasn't going to get an A and I am a perfectionist! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #160
Gallery Gazer

Yes remembering all those commands, I learnt to use word at work but steve did a course at work so he is pretty good at it!