Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-15-2020, 08:34 PM   #961
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, like it or not, I have to go to Walmart again tomorrow. Our electric blanket isn't working on DH's side of the bed. We have two controls and his is throwing an error code. That usually means it came unplugged, but I think it is his controller. If I plug my side into his side, it shows error, but plugged into my side it works fine. We love turning the blanket on an hour before bed and crawling into a heated bed! The blanket lasted five years, but I think it should've lasted longer. Anyway, I'm praying Walmart has them on stock because our old bodies love a heated bed! 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2020, 08:41 PM   #962
Gallery Gazer

Jayne have a safe journey, ive read that Roos are dangerous to passing cars when they cross the highway.

Gracie sounds like your kitten and the dogs are behaving, Steve’s  sister had an old cat when our boys were young and we had a dog, he was curious about her cat so went to have a sniff, he smacked him across the nose and cut it so he always had a scar, after that no cat was safe if he spotted them!

We are usually in SF for thanksgiving and steve buys a turkey and makes a turkey crown, he completely bones the turkey then stuffs the breast and sews it back together. When it’s sliced it’s a round of turkey with homemade stuffing in The middle, delicious.

This is Yorkshire pudding, small ones though, steve made three as he likes to have one with jam or jelly for his afters.

Attached Thumbnails
c7585487-2a65-4650-8d3e-2d6d5660ebe8.jpeg  
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:53 PM   #963
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, those look very similar to what we call popovers.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:55 PM   #964
Gallery Gazer

Catherine lucky you sleeping in, I had a bad night on Friday so we slept later!

I still want to do Sharon’s challenge but I got carried away sorting out Christmas cards yesterday!
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #965
Stazon Splitcoast

It has been ages since I've had popovers.  I even have a special pan to make them in.  Many years ago, there was a restaurant in Milwaukee called The Proud Popover.  That's basically what they served.  They could be dessert or the main meal, depending on what went on them.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:59 PM   #966
Gallery Gazer

Melody my grandma would put rhubarb in them for dessert and I loved it,  she would also put currants in to have with dinner.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:04 PM   #967
Gallery Gazer

Melody I’ve just googled popovers and they are the same recipe, who knew, as they are famous for being where Jayne comes from. Steve stayed in a B&B when he was in the Army and the lady served everyone with one big one with gravy as a starter.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:37 PM   #968
Stazon Splitcoast

Haha, Jan.  I can make them and tell my family I'm making Yorkshire Pudding.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:11 PM   #969
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

I googled popovers too and yep they are Yorkshire puddings.

Jan, tell Steve mine look like his..I don’t burn mine lol..he will say I’m a cheeky sod lol.  Mine always have the sunken hole lol.

My dad used to have one before his beef and veggies with just gravy..the size of a dinner plate. I make smaller ones and mum used to make those for us. Any leftovers we had with jam on.yummy. I don’t measure my ingredients. I do mums recipe...milk, 2 eggs, water, flour, pinch of salt. I mix the mixture at least 2 hours before using and keep whisking it every time I think about it. The secret is to get your oven and fat very hot otherwise they won’t rise.  I’ve never had a bad batch yet lol.  One Xmas I did buy frozen ones.yep we get them here and I was surprised.  I didn’t have the space in the oven to do them and keep everything warm as we had a big crowd. The frozen ones were just as nice.

Shirl, we have taped The Undoing.still have to watch it.

Roos, wild goats and cattle can cause a very bad accident as they just come out on the road and when you are travelling at 120 kmh it can make for a nasty situation. They make a bad mess of the car too.  Some people swerve and end up killed as they swerve and hit trees.  The kids have a roo bar on their car but we don’t.  We don’t travel at dusk when they come out to feed or during the night. I’ve heard stories of the Roos jumping out and bouncing on top of the bonnets.  Kangaroos are wild here...unless they are in a zoo.

Well we are packed and look as though we are going for a month lol.  Trying on my bathers after not wearing any for 4 years was a laugh. Gosh I hope I can get out of them. They are tight lol.  We live near the beach and I don’t wear them except when we’ve gone on a beach holiday. It’s been 4 years since we did that.  Sometimes I wish we had a pool but all our friends who have one tell us they are a pain to maintain, plus we are very water wise here.  Being 500m from the beach doesn’t make sense to my DH to have one although I think the kids wish we did when it gets stinking hot.  Son2 has one and they hardly use it.  

Gracie, good luck with the craft sales.
Catherine, way to go nearly finishing FF.  Well done.  Yes reveal day..whoohoo.  Plus my sample cards are up.
Happy birthday to your DH Melody.

Ok..I’m going to try and do my last 2 FF cards for now.

Enjoy everyone

mcschmidty, shirlb19 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:24 PM   #970
Gallery Gazer

Jayne Steve’s did have the holes but they were so big they kind of went sideways, he was pleased as they were in the halogen oven, bit different to my lemon and coconut sponge I tried in it, over an hour and only the top cooked so I Threw it away!

We have bought the frozen ones in England at Christmas too, no room in the oven to cook them with turkey etc! 
mcschmidty, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:59 PM   #971
Proud Fan Club Member

Safe travels Jayne!

Jan and all who have husbands that cook. I am somewhat jealous, lol.

Kathy, I hope you can get another blanket. We have decided that sleeping in flannel sheets is very helpful too. 

Annette that is great that you got 6 done for falliday fest. And Catherine too, way to go! And Gracie and all who did more than the one I did, lol.

Gracie I like an easy crockpot meal. Yours sounds good. Good luck with the craft sale!
Yes, that is what I meant about the adjustment. You get used to your own routine!

Hi Shelly, Melody, Linda and all.

And goodnight!
Shirl

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:44 PM   #972
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Jayne, for the BD wishes.  Where I live, we don't have wild goats, so goats and cows are fenced in, unless you may be on a little country road and some have gotten out.  But we do have deer that run out in front of cars.  Or stop in the middle of the highway.  If you've ever heard the phrase "deer in the headlights", it's like they see the car lights and freeze.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:52 AM   #973
Gallery Gazer

Shirl I can definitely recommend having a husband that cooks, ha,ha.

I bought some sheets in England that are beautiful, they have a silky feel but they are so soft and warm and dry so quickly, I love them, I’d love a duvet cover in the same material, I will look next year when we go to England 
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:54 AM   #974
Gallery Gazer

I wanted a crockpot for years and steve always said it would be a waste of money, we came here and bought one and now he loves it, 
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:57 AM   #975
Gallery Gazer

Jayne our pool is well worth it in summer and when the GSs come over they are in it for hours, in fact they never want to go to the beach, now the older two swim so well we don’t have to be in with them all the time unlike when the youngest is here.
I missed them this year having fun in the pool!
Old 11-16-2020, 06:59 AM   #976
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Off to my craft morning for the hospital charity. I read lots of chat while having my coffee!

Melody, Happy Birthday to you DH!

I make popovers...I never knew they were called Yorkshire pudding! I was always envisioning a creamy pudding in a dish. I love popovers.

Jayne, have fun on your trip! I hope the kangaroos stay put and don't end up on the roadway. Thanks for playing on my challenge.

I'd love a pool Jan, but there are strict water restrictions in the mountain areas of Arizona. While in Wisconsin, we have a whole lake!

Shirl, I'm lucky that my hubby took up cooking as a hobby when he retired, or I should say semi-retired he still does a lot of drawing for his architectural work. I love that he cooks. So lucky.

Kathy, hope you find an electric blanket today. It is always nice to get into a warm bed. I used to heat up rice bags to put at my feet.

Hi Ann and Kandie! Where are you? You two are usually on here right away.

Well, I'd better run...
mcschmidty and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:31 AM   #977
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!  Lots of chat!  See if I can remember it all. 

I am glad my DH likes to grill, cook inside, and bake!

Jayne, have a safe trip!

I thought Yorkshire pudding was some gelled gravy dish.   I was wrong.  What you are showing looks good.

Happy painting, Annette & Ann.  

Gracie, so happy your DH is there, and safe.  That is neat that you do charity work at the hospital.

Kathy, I hope you get your electric blanket.

Supposed to be warm weather this week here 60s & 70s.  Good walking weather, then Winter this weekend.

Shirl, and Catherine, Jayne, & Melody, great cards in the FF gallery.  Dr. Sonja & Linda jave a lot in there, too.  I made 21 Christmas cards for FF, now have 54 Christmas cards.  Last night I stamped insides and envelopes.  I am calling 2020 Christmas cards done!
Now to finish some other Christmas projects.

Thank you, Catherine for the reminder about DIrty Dozen.  I will go look!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:20 AM   #978
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I am way behind on everything!  Slept in which was good but stayed up late so no more sleep then usual.

Annette, good luck with the painting!  I don't mind painting but can not do what I once did.  I do a wall and then stop, so my arm doesn't get sore. 

Catherine, sorry your brother is moving, but with all the ways to communicate maybe you can talk more often.

Jayne, have fun on your trip. Sorry to read that more covid is around in your area. People are not following the rules, it is so sad. 

No company for Thanksgiving here.  Everyone is staying in their own homes to help prevent the spread of the virus.  It is everywhere in Wisconsin.  I just read there has been 53 deaths in our county. 

Off to get myself moving!  Wash to do and dishwasher to unload!  I never complain about doing those things because when I had arm surgery years ago it drove me nuts that I could not do those chores.  Happiness is doing those simple things!
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #979
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I stayed up late last night and finished the cards for Falliday - the inlay twine was the last one I needed to do. Afterwards I looked at some of the gallery entries, love the ones that are swirled! Now, four more tutorials. 

Last night, thanks to all this talk about Yorkshire pudding, I googled several English dishes to see what they are. I have read about them in books but never researched to see what kind of food it actually is. I did know that pudding in England isn't like pudding in the US. I think you call that kind of food custard? Perhaps, I could be wrong though. This googling also led to looking for why certain foods are called what they are called such as bubble and squeak. DD1 was beside me when I was doing this research.

Melody, I thought it would be fun to make the nugget snowmen for everyone who works at DD1's Starbucks - if I can find the gloves for cheap...Dollar Store? I need to see what I can find.

Kathy, I hope you find an electric blanket that you like. I do miss getting into a warm bed (we had a waterbed for years) but really appreciate the flannel sheets, they are wonderful.

I love it, Melody, making popovers and telling your family they are Yorkshire pudding!

Safe travels, Jayne. Living here, we have to be watchful for deer jumping into the road like Melody. Especially during their mating season, the bucks seem to go a bit crazy at that point and I see more deer remains at the side of the road. We hit a deer while on vacation several years ago and we were by the coast which surprised me to hit a deer there.

Shirl, I agree about the DHs who cook. I tease my DH and ask him why he doesn't cook because they say you marry a man like your dad and my dad cooked! Fortunately, he is like my dad in the important way of fixing everything.

A pool...my brother had a pool put in at his previous house. He researched carefully and found an installer that installed a kind of pool that didn't take so much time to maintain. And, after the pool was in, during the swimming season, he was in the pool daily, sometimes more than once per day. He would also go out just before bed and not really swim but let the pool cool him down. It was definitely a good thing to install for them.

Jan, that is funny about the crock pot.

Enjoy your craft morning, Gracie!

You are welcome for the reminder, Sharon. I think the chat about the reveal happens when I am on the way to work.

Ann, I stayed up too late last night.

Hmm, I'm terrible with phone calls so we probably won't communicate more with them out of state. I'm not sure when they are moving but they should be up there now looking for homes. My brother who already lives there has his other eye surgery this Wednesday.

I'll see if I can get some commenting done before zipping off to work.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:23 AM   #980
Proud Fan Club Member

I found a new electric blanket. It's the same brand as the one I had. The controllers are analog, so I will miss seeing what setting it's at in the dark, but they were only $69.88 for a queen. The other brand was $20 more.

I decided to set and use the foot massager for a while. Then my washer finished it's cycle so I slipped out of the massager but left it in. When I came back, it had vibrates itself across the floor! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:26 AM   #981
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't like flannel. I toss and turn a whole lot and flannel against my PJs makes turning very hard. And I have to sleep in a two piece because a nightie cramps my movement too

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:32 AM   #982
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Glad you found an electric blanket, Kathy, and that is funny about your foot massager!

I just went to the general stamping forum to find the chat thread for the reveal and couldn't find it yet....
Old 11-16-2020, 11:20 AM   #983
Proud Fan Club Member

I just went to look too and I found Dagmar is a dirty girl. I didn't know she was so is she November?

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 11:27 AM   #984
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats Dagmar! I just found out you are a dirty girl!!  Love your picture!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 12:55 PM   #985
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, adding my congratulations to Dagmar!  And yes, great photo, too!

Gorgeous here, 70 degrees.  I walked, and a lot of others did, too!  It was supposed to be a high of 75 sometime today, maybe it was while I was out.  Sad to think it will be Winter on the weekend.  Love this weather.
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #986
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I never did find a thread for the reveal chat. Not sure what happened there. 

Congrats again to Dagmar on being one of the new Dirty Girls this month. I need to go check out your photo and bio.

I think it was warmer at your house, Sharon, than it was here. Tomorrow we are supposed to get rain, much to my daughters delight. They both love it. I like it too - as long as it isn't raining sideways!

I'd better go clean my house. We have company coming tomorrow evening and I didn't get the cleaning done that I usually do on Fridays.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #987
Gallery Gazer

Congrats Dagmar!

It’ was so hot yesterday and as the sun is lower it was burning my legs in my craft room even sat at my computer near the back end! Not complaining as it is late November.

Catherine we have custard on pudding or desserts as you might call them, instead of cream if it’s a hot pudding.  
Old 11-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #988
Gallery Gazer

Catherine we love bubble and squeak, although we haven’t had it for a while but my mum would make it on a Monday with the left over veg from Sunday with the cold left over meat. If you like veg you would like bubble and squeak I’m sure!

Old 11-16-2020, 09:07 PM   #989
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Whoohoo Dagmar is a Dirty Girl. So well deserved. Congratulations. 

First 300 kms done. Having lunch in Dongara. 300km to go. Now our stay overnight is going to be interesting. 

Have a happy Tuesday everyone 
Old 11-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #990
Gallery Gazer

Enjoy your trip Jayne 
Old 11-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #991
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just uploaded two of the tutorials for Falliday. I'm down to two tutorials and then I'll have everything done. 

Jan, I'm sure I would like bubble and squeak. The name just cracks me up, though.

Safe travels, Jayne, enjoy your trip!
Old 11-16-2020, 10:54 PM   #992
Gallery Gazer

Catherine I think the name comes from the noises it makes when cooking!
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:56 PM   #993
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, that is what Google said when we were looking things up last night. It was an interesting google session.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:57 PM   #994
Gallery Gazer

I sounds like it Catherine 
Old 11-17-2020, 01:36 AM   #995
Gallery Gazer

Catherine Steve said you should google, Toad in the Hole and spotted Dick!
Old 11-17-2020, 04:48 AM   #996
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all,

thank you so much for your congrats for beeing a Dirty Girl. It was a great surprise when Lydia asked me me to join.

Jayne have a safe trip.

Jan, I would like bubble and squeak

I bought a "Römertopf"/Clay Dish for cooking. I love it, everythin is tasting a lot better and you safe fat. I even baked bread it's delicious.
Lock down is beeing kept another week, if the Cases are not going down, they will keep it , even stronger.

Some Information the German Erntedankfest.

First of all, the Germanic Erntedankfest("harvest festival of thanks") is primarily a rural and a religious celebration. When it is celebrated in larger cities, it is usually part of a church service and not anything like the big traditional family holiday in North America. It is often celebrated on the first Sunday in October, which is usually also the first Sunday following Michaelistag or Michaelmas (29 Sept.).

Sending hugs to you all, stay safe.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:51 AM   #997
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ooh all the talk of some of my favourite foods. Bubble and squeak. A Monday dish and spotted dick and ooh jam roly poly and treacle pud. Oh my. Custard. Yum yum 
Old 11-17-2020, 05:12 AM   #998
Gallery Gazer

Jayne do you make them ? I don’t much as they aren’t a slimming pud are they, we used to have a pudding every day when we were kids, mums treacle steamed pudding was the best, makes my mouth water thinking about it, ha,ha,
Old 11-17-2020, 05:14 AM   #999
Gallery Gazer

Dagmar is it a clay dish that goes into the oven? 

When I first saw the name I was thinking of the rumtoft I think they were called where you layer fresh fruit and add rum and leave for months before using, I had one but never used it!!
Old 11-17-2020, 05:19 AM   #1000
Gallery Gazer

The lady at the bakery told us this morning that she is doing very well, she sold seventy take away coffees yesterday and cakes , bread etc, she had our croissants wrapped ready and they were slightly warm, yum.
We are so pleased for her as she’s been struggling since the lockdown ended, I think she will be sorry if they open restaurants next week!