Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-10-2020, 06:42 AM   #841
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Just a note.
Attached Thumbnails
ae76772f-70d9-4f14-9217-7d47c81faec8.jpeg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:12 AM   #842
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Still very sore and already coated my right arm and shoulder with aspercreme!  It's smells but hopefully will help!

Rain is coming in here today and it's already dark and dreary!  Strong storms this afternoon and early evening!

Better look at challenges while I can! Do have lots of clean up to do as yesterday was not doing much.

Kathy, praying your niece gets better soon!  That virus is so strange the way it affects people.

Catherine, sending virtual hugs to you and all my alpha sisters!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:17 AM   #843
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Did I mention that winter had come? We had, perhaps, two days of fall and then into what passes for winter here. This morning, when I woke up, it was 34 degrees outside (that's 1.1111 celsius according to Google). We put a towel on the windshield of the van for DD1 before going to bed so, hopefully, that kept the frost off for her as she left much earlier today. For me, by the time I leave for work, the sun has melted the frost off the windshield.

Yesterday we had two good things happen. DH's ran his work computer to FedEx yesterday to send to his company. A while after he got home, he realized he left the USB drive that controls his mouse in the computer. He went with me to work yesterday and we stopped by the FedEx office though tracking told him the computer had already left. Thankfully, the lady in there saw it and pulled it out of the computer so DH got it back. Blessing #1.

Blessing #2 is even bigger. A friend who knew we were looking for a car, sent us info on a small Toyota that his friends were selling and it is in our price range. I contacted them immediately. One person was ahead of us, she gave them until 2 pm to get back to her, they didn't. So, on our way home we dropped by to see the car and will be buying it today. DD1 is excited to be getting back to a small car - one hitch, she has to learn how to drive a stick shift. I hadn't even asked God for that, but just recently, I was thinking we needed access to a manual car so both girls could how to drive that and that is what we'll be getting. Oh, and the car is a Toyota which is DH's brand of choice.

Kathy, I hope your niece heals quickly. Young people seem to heal quickly if they get it. My niece's adult daughter didn't know she had it (only found out because she was at the hospital to have her baby) and healed quickly.

Sorry to read about all the aches and pains. When I'm dealing with muscle soreness and need extra help, I have a minty cream I use. DD2 loves the scent.

For inflammation, have any of you tried Turmeric? You can take it in capsule form or there is turmeric tea. It is an excellent spice for helping reduce inflammation.

Kandie, that machine sounds wonderful. So happy you have it.

Sharon, it is OK to be on here a lot. You are spending time with friends!

Gracie, I shall get to your challenge. Not sure when, but I shall. DD2 absolutely hates glitter, she calls it the herpes of crafting supplies. DD1, on the other hand, loves it.

A foot massager sounds wonderful.

Oh, just looked at the time. Must head off to work. 
Old 11-10-2020, 10:02 AM   #844
Stazon Splitcoast

Haha, yes, Catherine... the perfect description of glitter.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 11-10-2020, 01:52 PM   #845
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!! 

Tomorrow's letter is "F" and the theme is Fantasy!!

Keywords: ABC14F6, ABC14, and your personal keyword if using one!

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:52 PM   #846
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Signing off, storms are approaching and we have a tornado watch!
Old 11-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #847
Stazon Splitcoast

The rain just started by us a few minutes ago.  Coming down pretty heavy with quite a bit of wind.  I went out today to home depot - got one thing, but they were out of the 2nd even though their web site said they had some in stock in the store.  Then I stopped at 2 goodwills and a quick stop at Walgreens for a gift card.  I managed to miss the storms.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:42 PM   #848
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all! I'm sorry that so many of you are in pain. Hugs to all of you.

It is definitely winter here with cold and lots of snow. My little man looks like the Michellin man in his snowsuit. Or the little brother from "A Christmas Story" as Gracie told me. David is out plowing the driveway for the third time in as many days.

My son has the day off on Friday so I will be at home for most of it. I need to go watch DGS while my son goes for his flu shot, but I plan to play in my craft room for the most part.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:41 PM   #849
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I’m so pleased you love you new toy, I was just thinking last night that you would engrossed learning how to use it.

Catherine good news about the new car, I think in America a stick as you call it is unusual where in England and Spain automatic is very unusual, we tried to buy an automatic as steve has bad knees but they don’t make one in the model we bought.
In England it used to be that if you passed your driving test in an automatic you couldn’t drive a stick without another test.

Ann sorry to hear you are still suffering, I’ve just got a spot where I bled from the shot

I spent all of yesterday afternoon making a card, saw something in the mags from our son, looked easy, ha,ha, after doing it three times! I’m just sticking it all together, I had to stop as the young man came to measure the metal work on the steps, we decided to take the ballestrades down and replace them with metal work to match the rest, steve said it would be too much work for me to build a wall, I wouldn’t have minded but it gives me more crafting time so I’m not complaining and he said he would paint them, I also had Bev our neighbour as a witness LOL
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:52 PM   #850
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
REMINDER!! 

Tomorrow's letter is "F" and the theme is Fantasy!!

Keywords: ABC14F6, ABC14, and your personal keyword if using one!

For once I’ve already made mine.
, by the way I love your challenge for the Fallfest, I’m just trying to find a suitable stamp to use, your samples are beautiful 
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:14 PM   #851
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving Hello!

Catherine- great to see you stop in!  Glad you are experiencing many blessings!  I used to love my stick shift car- except one time when we went to Seattle- those hills!
 I was taking Tumeric by recommendation of the Rheumatologist for Fibromyalgia, and it makes me bruise really easliy...so I quit taking it until I can talk to my doc. 

Cathy, Sharon and Ann- hoping all of the aches and pains subside.  I am wondering if some of it is the change in the weather!  

Cathy- sorry to hear about your niece.  DD2 found out her roommate is Covid positive, so is working hard to keep up with all precautions.  She did get one test and heard it was negative, and plans to get another test Wednesday.  I tried to encourage her- my brother had it and his wife did not get it.....

Jan- getting more crafty time cannot be a bad thing!  SO fun to get your Bday goodies from your son!

Kandie- I love the Scan N Cut- I need to use it more.  My mat got 'Unsticky', so looked up a tutorial and just figured that out and now using it a bit more.  I want to learn to cut out sentiments!

Tomorrow, have piano, then DD1 and I are going to the National Cementary- about an hour away- where my parents are buried. My Dad was in Korea, and he died in 2016, and Mom in 2018. For the spouse, they are buried on top of the other and their gravestone is engraved on the reverse of the Vet......

Waving hello to everyone!  
Shelly

annsforte3, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:29 AM   #852
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

(((Ann))) hope you are feeling better.

Waving to you all...I'm so tired after being out at the shopping centre for hours.  I initially went to a medical appointment and then shopping as I had a long list.   My brain and body aren't in sync at present.  I was supposed to go to the PO on the way home but just couldn't do it.  I do not like shopping centres and lots of people...I used to love going but now I can't wait to get away from them.  It was so busy and everyone was shopping up big time for Xmas.  Thankfully I have just about done it all now.  I shall sleep tonight.  My hands are very sanitised...every shop insists you sanitise your hands.  Gosh I went in a few LOL.....Have fun....I need to lie down LOL 
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:51 AM   #853
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

It's not the weather for me, it's overdoing, with painting and rearranging! I took everything out of the pantry and painted the walls and then rearranged all the items between my two pantries!  Lots of lifting and cleaning besides painting other walls.

I woke up at 2:30 A.M. with so much arm pain I took 3 Tylenol and was finally able to fall bake to sleep an hour later or so.  

Jayne, I am with you on not wanting to go out to stores, especially any shopping mall. NO way, too many germs linger in those spaces.

Our governor spoke last night and is asking people to stay at home, no official order put pleading with all Wisconsinites to limit their movements, only necessary trips, and get together for the holidays with just people in your own home.  WI is going higher and higher with the virus.

Shelly, I see Illinois is up with virus counts as well.  So glad you are home safe from your trip.

Have a good day everyone!!  Have fun with the Fantasy challenge today!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:57 AM   #854
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, whenever I have to go out, I park the car and have a good cry first, then I go in. The crying is because I'm sad that we have to look like aliens from a sci-fi movie everytime we go somewhere. I want normal back. Not the new normal! 2020 has been horrendously hard for us. Started off bad in February and went downhill from there, ending with DH retirement plans for January 4, 2021. If he works one day in January they will pay the whole month's insurance, which gives us time for everything else to get in place.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 11-11-2020, 08:26 AM   #855
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! I miss one day and there is so much chat to catch up on! 

Catherine, so happy to hear your good news! I used to love to drive a stick shift but my knees aren't what they used to be! Happy that your daughters will get to learn how to drive a manual car. Toyotas are good, reliable cars. So glad the FedEx lady was alert enough to take out DH's USB drive! It's been unseasonably cold here too. Brrrr We even had a bit of snow which melted as soon as the sun was up. It was warmer back in Wisconsin than it was here! It is suppose to start warming up again. People definitely either love glitter or hate it. LOL I guess I chose a controversial challenge. LOL I love sparkle but it does get messy with glitter. I think the beauty outweighs the extra sparkle everywhere! 
Old 11-11-2020, 08:30 AM   #856
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, so sorry to hear about your aching arms. Mine were bothering me last night also. It certainly is a challenge getting older when your mind tells you that you're still in your 20's and you can do anything...and then, the body says, "Whoa, Nellie, you're not a young colt any more!" LOL

Hello to all my wonderful Alpha sisters! Sending everyone hugs and good vibes for a wonderful "Hump" day!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:17 AM   #857
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I woke up a day behind, I think. I actually thought I would get caught up on Alphabet challenge cards before tomorrow's new letter...oops!

I had board meeting last night which kept from grading papers or crafting.

"Winter" is definitely here. I put our heavier duvet on our bed last night because yesterday morning, DH told me he was a little cold in the night. I've just been waiting for him to say that, I had been piling extra things on my side of the bed. So warm and cozy with heavier duvet. And, if it gets really cold, we can snap them together and have both on the bed. Ikea ingenuity!

Gracie, I love glitter too. I always found it lovely in December, at church, to see all the glitter left behind on the seats from the little girls in their adorable Christmas dresses. Apparently, DD2 didn't share my opinion!

Yikes, Ann, a tornado watch?! And sorry your arms are giving you so much pain. Glad you were able to get back to sleep.

Jan, that is so interesting that automatics are still not widely available over there. I wonder why? Here, most people prefer a manual transmission. I loved driving one but got rid of mine when DD1 was about to be born. We needed a car seat friendly vehicle (which is why this couple was selling their Toyota), and I told DH that I didn't need to be concerned with shifting a car and possibly a fussy baby in the back seat too. 

I did tell DD1 that she needs to know how to drive one in case she ever wants to go on the Amazing Race. She assured me she wouldn't be doing that.

Shelly, we told DD1 that she would love once she learns how to drive it. It is so fun! I did tell her except for when she is stuck in bumper to bumper traffic (which, fortunately, doesn't happen often to us) or if she goes to San Francisco with both traffic and hills!

Interesting that turmeric caused you to bruise easily.

We are pretty certain that DH, DD2, and I all have Covid early this year - end of January for me and beginning of February for DH and DD2. DD1 never got it though so your DD could definitely avoid getting it. I hope she knows to avoid sugar because it significantly lowers your immune system for 3-4 hours after eating it.

Kathy, I agree, I hate not seeing someone's full face. I was in the store and thought another shopper was a friend but I couldn't be sure. Did I say hi? No, because I wasn't sure and that day, I didn't feel like risking it (I know, not really a risk but it felt that way that day).

Well, I should work on catching up on commenting in my last few minutes before I need to leave for work. Chat with you later!
Old 11-11-2020, 09:39 AM   #858
Proud Fan Club Member

I've always hated manual transmissions. I worried about coasting backwards into the car behind me on an incline. So we've had automatics most of our married lives. I never had a car when I lived at home. I graduated in May and was married in June! Then 8 more years before we started our family. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 11-11-2020, 10:00 AM   #859
Gallery Gazer

My dad and steve tell the story of learning  to drive in the army, with a stick shift, on a hill start they would make you put your packet of cigarettes behind the rear wheels of a Ten ton truck, they said it made sure you didn’t roll  backwards!

Kathy I agree it’s awful with masks and Catherine I have walked past people I know as I wasn’t sure if I knew them, 
it’s quite funny but a spanish lady now says hello to us every morning since we were doing a kind of dance on the seafront where we went to the right to avoid her as she did the same so we nearly bumped into each other, we all laughed but now she always says hello,

we had take away coffee and croissant sat on a bench overlooking the sea this morning, yesterday the lady at the bakery didn’t have any croissants, today we walked in and she said she had saved us one each!
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:44 PM   #860
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello,
  Well, we did not end up going to the cemetary- DD1 is hearing a noise from her car she wants to get checked out and my sister had a meeting added on to her day.  I called and ordered bird seed for pickup and ran and had a test done, then the afternoon all done!  I was happy to pass my piano song this week, and will be playing Christmas music now until the New Year. 

Hubby had to go to a session of PT, so I will go finish a card I started yesterday for Falliday- I am making two of the technioque cards using different colors for the Die Cut relief.  I am not sure I will get all done this time with cards, but enjoying creating.

LOL, Jan...I learned to drive in a VW van with a stick shift, and I would have smasked lots of cigarettes!  

Kathy- I am with you- so impersonal to wear a mask, but we will get through this- need to trust God- the pandemic will hopefully help people focus on what things are really important!                                               

Ann- hoping you feel better quickly! You are really getting so much done!!!  Take it easy : )

Jayne- sounds like a great time for errands before the crazy Christmas crowds start!  Hope you are getting all ready for your fun Holiday!  And, hope you got something done in your craft room today!
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #861
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

LOL, 
  computer decided I was all done....

SHelly
Old 11-11-2020, 06:05 PM   #862
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Finally home from work, now I need to get to grading. I didn't get any done yesterday. But thought I'd check in here first.

Jan, I can't imagine learning to drive that way. Talk about pressure, I'm sure I would smash a lot of cartons! One time, early in my days of driving a manual car, I was taking an off ramp in the middle of nowhere Oregon (it was the halfway point between my hometown and Portland and we usually stopped there when coming home from Portland). I was driving and was pretty good with the manual car but still got nervous when on a hill. That particular off ramp was very much uphill with a stop sign. I was nervous and killed the engine. Then another car pulled up WAY too close behind me adding to the pressure. There was a hitchhiker at the on ramp and he was just having a great time laughing at me. I thought, "Dude, you aren't very smart since you don't know if I'm inclined to give hitchhikers a ride or not. But I wouldn't be inclined to give YOU a ride!"

That is so nice that she saved you a croissant! That is small town service right there, love it.

Shelly, I hope DD1's car is fine. My DD1 is out in the new car with her dad for driving lesson #2. She is motivated to learn how to drive it!
Old 11-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #863
Stazon Splitcoast

Ahh, stick shifts!  I prefer driving them, but they aren't easily available when looking for a new car.  Only certain makes and models. 

When I was learning to drive, we had an automatic, but before I got my license, my dad got a different car, which was a stick shift (remember the shift on the column?  I had to take my drivers test in that.  I know I did some things wrong, like killing the engine more than once, but the guy passed me -- he told my dad he passed me on a minimum.  So I had my license, but my dad wouldn't let me drive home!
Old 11-11-2020, 08:56 PM   #864
Gallery Gazer

When steve had his heart attack and triple bypass in SF we had left our car in England at our sons so I had to drive us back to Spain , firstly I had to drive round London at rush hour,  id never driven on to the ferry before and they put us right on the ramp at the front so when we were getting off the ramp lowers, I was terrified the car would fall of the ramp so I had the handbrake on and my foot on the brake clinging hold of the steering wheel! Steve laughed at me thinking I could actually stop it if it fell off! Then when we got to the mountain pass near Madrid it was thick fog, what a journey! 
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #865
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Melody that is a story to remember about your license!

My dad took me for mine and on the way there he said I would never pass since he said I had a lead foot.  

I was determined to pass after he said that to me!  And he meant it!  

He was one to talk, he would speed all the time and cracked up several vehicles! 
jan31, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #866
Gallery Gazer

Catherine Our eldest son and DIL think they had the virus early in the year too, our DIL lost 
, hope your DD is doing ok with her driving lessons, Dads are very good aren’t they, steve used to take our boys out in between their driving lessons but he would never  let me take them!

Old 11-11-2020, 09:03 PM   #867
Gallery Gazer

Ann I tried your FF challenge three times yesterday but I haven’t found the right stamp with a die yet, most of my Christmas stamps don’t have a die and are too fussy to cut by hand.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:48 PM   #868
Stazon Splitcoast

I taught my mom to drive one summer I was home from collage without a job.  My dad was way too impatient for her to try to drive with him.  I also was the one who took both our kids out driving.  I literally drove to our church parking lot and then let DD drive around in it.  That was her first time behind the wheel.  They had drivers ed at school, but had to log in a certain number of hours behind the wheel before they could get their license.  DH has no patience at all.  He decides on his route somewhere depending on how many red lights he's going to have to wait for.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #869
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Jayne, whenever I have to go out, I park the car and have a good cry first, then I go in. The crying is because I'm sad that we have to look like aliens from a sci-fi movie everytime we go somewhere. I want normal back. Not the new normal! 2020 has been horrendously hard for us. Started off bad in February and went downhill from there, ending with DH retirement plans for January 4, 2021. If he works one day in January they will pay the whole month's insurance, which gives us time for everything else to get in place.

(((Kathy)))

Oh this makes me feel so sad.  I am so grateful for how "normal" life is here.  We don't have to wear masks and I only usually go to the shops once per week.  Our border reopens this weekend and I have to hope all will be well.  If not, then we will deal with it.  My sister showed me her 6 masks she has and she does not like wearing them when they go out.  Her glasses fog up and she can't breathe properly...it all makes me so sad and I pray we have normal, whatever that will be, back by next year.  
jan31, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #870
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, I did get into my craft room but after dinner last night for 1 hour.  I made my WTUI sample for next week...I have to get ahead on those before I can do anything else.  Behind on a lot of things but one step at a time.  I am determined not to burst my gasket and just go with the flow and do what makes me happy.  

I did buy 3 new art journals for me and the poppets yesterday...bargain at $4 each.  I have packed them to take on our trip with some Dylusions stuff and TH inks.  

Happy Thursday everyone
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:03 AM   #871
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my...I am blown away.  I went up to my craft room to make some samples for my MMJ challenge this weekend and came down and went to my letterbox.  What did I find?  Cards, goodies and all kind of yumminess and letters from 4 alphas.  I am speechless ladies.  For the past week or so I have received so many cards and today 4 at once.  You girls all rock.  Thank you so so much.  Words cannot express how much I appreciate you all and for all the wonderful wishes you are sending to me.  It makes me smile and especially as I was feeling exhausted today after a busy few days.  It has raised my spirits.

Big thank you today for the happy mail to Gracie, Shirl, Karen (Karen sent a wonderful letter too) and Kandie (you were naughty Kandie but wow wow wow).  Ladies, I'm blown away.  

Can you tell how much I'm smiling...from ear to ear.  I shall go and drool at your beautiful creations and add them to the wonderful happy mail I received from others recently.  

Big hugs and love everyone
Old 11-12-2020, 05:36 AM   #872
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay I started my samples for the MMJ thread and I made a quick sample card for the WTUI challenge for 2 weeks time..I’m just about caught up..yay..and then I can do the challenges I want to do.  Alpha first I think...mmm..so many. I will catch up Ann..eventually.

I’m covered in paint, ink, texture paste and glitter lol..I had fun.

Hope you get inky
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:27 AM   #873
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!  Yaaaay on happy mail for Jayne.  Got to love a full letter box of goodies!

Catherine, regarding face masks, do you notice that people smile with their eyes now since mouths are covered?  I think it’s so sweet to see someone crinkle their eyes at me.  I always do when I’m smiling at someone.

And speaking of Out - no thanks.  Hobby Lobby, Joann’s, Michaels, maybe Walmart for a prescription.  And I will browse a bit, but I’m always anxious to get through checkout and head home.  People are driving like crazy around here.  DH was coming home from working yesterday and watched a school bus totally run a stop sign.  Everyone is in such a hurry to get somewhere.

I remember having a manual transmission.  I would rock it back and forth a bit at the stoplight.  I didn’t mean to, but it was to keep the car from dying. I can drive one, no problem, but I prefer an automatic.

I know it is stressful to see everyone in masks, but I like to see the masks people will wear, especially the ones with faces on them, or the ones worn by children.  Some of them are so darn cute.  One lady the other day had huge red lips on hers.  That HAS to make people smile!

Well I discovered a drawback to the Scanncut, lol.  I know I’m still learning.  I was having it cut out tags I had printed.  I set it to cut on the black lines.  Imagine my laughing when I saw that one of the tags had white space inside of it with the drawing of a woman.  The machine had very neatly cut out the figure on the tag, lol.  I guess I can use it for something.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:33 AM   #874
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jayne, so happy you are getting mail!!  Seems the mail is fast these days!  What is weird is, Dagmar received her Christmas card before my son in California did!  How's that for strange mail service.

Jan, sorry you are having problems with my challenge.  The best thing to do if you have smaller Christmas images is to literally use a paint brush to apply the ink and blend the colors that way!  I used a small brush and got my paint directly from the ink pad and applied it to the black card stock.

My mom taught me how to drive, and I did drive her Studebaker and remember rolling backwards!  My dad worked nights so she taught all of us kids to drive.

I purchased those plastic inserts to use under the masks due to my glasses fogging up too.  Haven't tried it yet, will let you know if they work.

Off to get my day moving!  It's cold today, didn't want to get out of bed till I turned up the heat!
jan31, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:20 AM   #875
Proud Fan Club Member

Im anxious to hear how Ann likes the mask inserts. My glasses fog up and it's so hard to get anything done. Are the inserts reusable?

I wish I could play with Kandie as she learns the scan and cut! If I understand correctly, you can scan any image you've stamped and cut it out. So for the space saving, you wouldn't need dies?

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #876
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning from chilly Northern CA. I have a sweet, warm doggy laying beside me on the couch as I type this. 

DD1 did well in her manual driving learning last night. DH had thought of a good place for them to practice and thought she made major progress and she was feeling pretty good about it too. 

Jan, yes, DH has been wonderful teaching DD1 driving and going with her for practice drives. (Her driving made me nervous, now it doesn't.) DD2 had the behind the wheel lessons with the driving school. (DD1 didn't have those because she waited to get her license until she was 18.) I went along on all of DD2's lessons and was amazed at how her confidence improved after just one lesson. She isn't looking forward to learning to drive the manual. I just think it is an excellent skill for everyone to know.

Kandie, I switched to automatic just before DD1 was born. I figured I didn't need to have to think about that on top of having her in the back seat.

Melody, I read your story about learning to drive and then taking your test in a manual car to DD1 and she said, "That's not fair that they switched cars on her like that! Just before her test?!"

Ann, DD1 tends to have a lead foot. I told her she burns through her gas faster that way.

Melody, my parents got their manual transmission car after I'd been driving for a while. I had a hard time learning how to drive it and have a friend who believes that she is the one who taught me to drive a stick shift. We were commuting together to another town for flute lessons. I honestly don't remember who taught me but think my mom would have said she did. 

My DH is an excellent teacher, he is gifted in that. Too bad he wasn't the one able to stay home with the girls and home school them (though I'm glad I got to do it).

Yay, Jayne, so glad you had a mailbox full of happy mail!

DD2 has problems with her glasses fogging up when wearing a mask. I only wear readers when needed but, have definitely had that problem with them when I pull them out for a closer look at something in the store.

Kandie, did DH call and report that bus? That is especially scary to hear a school bus ran a stop sign.

Funny you should mention the eyes crinkling when smiling. Earlier this year I watched a presentation by someone who was talking about the micro signs of what someone is expressing with their face. She said there are micro signs that we need to learn to read since a good portion of the face is obscured from view now and crinkling the eyes for smiling was one of them. I can't remember all of them right now. I tend to not look at peoples faces nowadays because of the masks.

I did see someone wearing a clear mask. It was a little weird, I'm not sure how I felt about it. It was nice to see their entire face but it was distorted by the mask so still weird.

Yes, I'm curious about the inserts too, Ann.

Kathy, that is my understanding with the Scan 'n Cut. Thought I did see someone comment that they still wanted their framelit dies.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:17 AM   #877
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Will let you know about the inserts and yes they are washable.
muscrat, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:20 AM   #878
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I forgot to mention, my brother, Terry, who has had knee replacement surgery in October and has had one of his eye surgeries, is healing well. His birthday was Tuesday and we chatted then. He said he is healing well and they had a nice, quiet celebration. His next eye surgery is next Wednesday and then I think he done giving the doctors so much business for a while.

If you would add my Uncle Duane to your prayers. He is having some health issues and needs a heart valve replacement. My cousin is up with him right now (he still lives in my home town and is the last remaining of my mom's siblings). Thank you for your prayers!
Old 11-12-2020, 09:50 AM   #879
Stazon Splitcoast

If you want to cut thicker stuff, I don't think you can in the scan n cut.  I cut lots of chipboard, fabric, leather, burlap, etc.  That's why I love the Bigz dies from Sizzix.

Catherine, I don't remember completely, but I don't think the car switch was right before my test.  I did have to learn how to drive the stick shift first.  But I didn't take my drivers test until I was 18.  We only had one car and my dad wasn't readily accommodating in letting us drive.  We had behind the wheel through school, and I remember going out in the middle of winter.  My sister was so nervous, she drove us into a snowbank.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #880
Proud Fan Club Member

True story...one day on a Walmart run I was going inside and I said to the host " you can't see, but I'mm smiling at you" and he responds "I can tell by your eyes!" 

Yes, I like my dies but some stamp sets don't have dies and the scan and cut is a great option! a man named Dave used to make dies for SU sets that didn't have dies, but I think SU took action to make him stop. I didn't think that was fair because he only made dies for sets that SU didn't have matching dies. It might have increased their stamp sales if people knew they could find dies to match. 

I can drive stick, but I am always nervous when I have to because I'm worried about drifting back at Dunkin donuts drive thru or the stop sign on both ends of my road. Luckily any vehicle I have access to now is automatic. 

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.