Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-04-2020, 06:59 PM   #721
Proud Fan Club Member

Just found a turquoise 1/2 pearl stuck to the bottom of my slipper. LOL

Kathy, I can’t imagine  what that fortune means,
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
jan31, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:06 PM   #722
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Shirl, it is very sweet.  Next time I am thinking less of the powered sugar.  I fixed one for me and one for DH.

Good to know, maybe only a tsp. would be good.

LOL on the  half pearl!

Shirl
jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:25 PM   #723
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann get well soon. Sending hugs

I only saw a mask when I looked at that fortune cookie and the bands to put behind the ears..sorry I’m hopeless.  Have fun everyone. Waving 
Old 11-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #724
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, that is what I thought it looked like, too!  LOL
jan31, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:16 PM   #725
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Hmmm, Kathy, something lost in translation, perhaps? I like Shirl's suggestion though!

Ann, sorry you aren't feeling well. That is always the pits. Hope you get better quickly!
Catherine,  that's what I told a friend. I think something got lost in the translation.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:59 PM   #726
Gallery Gazer

Ann I hope you feel better soon, take care. 

It’s always a worry when you feel off colour, steve coughed the other day while we were out, I told him people would avoid him thinking he had the virus.

Good job we finished our work, it’s pouring with rain, we are having a week off to gather our strength, ha,ha,

The Murcia government have closed all bars and restaurants here so not sure if our coffee shop will still be open, no walking today if it’s raining but we will go out later as our little mini oven gave up last night, in the middle of cooking the sausage meat plait, luckily we have the normal oven, we’ve had it for about fifteen years so we can’t complain but it’s big enough when there’s just the two of us.

Kathy that’s a weird one, ha,ha, it does look a little like a mask though!

Sharon I’m surprised we don’t have more stuff stuck to our bodies , mines usually glitter!
Mind you when I was working laying the tiles yesterday I lost one of my sponges that I used to wipe the tiles with but when I stood up to move my stool along it was stuck to the bottom of my flip flop covered in grout!

I’m sick of hearing about the election in the US, it’s on everything over here! Can’t believe how long the counting goes on but I guess it’s a big country to collect all the votes in from, you would thing by now there would be some electronic way to do it all!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:42 PM   #727
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve been crafting with Gracie. I have 8 Xmas cards done..did 3 today and started a Falliday Fest challenge. I was supposed to do other samples lol.  Was fun chatting and seeing Gracie’s face again. Been too long since I chatted with people. 

I need to catch up on emails now and do some paperwork before it will be time to prepare dinner.

Jan, has there been an election on....joke lol.  Same here.  I’m not watching the telly today.  Good to hear you are taking some time out.  
shirlb19, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:04 AM   #728
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, I agree - tired of hearing about the election.  I do understand why the counting takes so long, though.  Although many votes were mailed in early, some states don't allow the counting to begin until election day.  I'm also pretty sure they have to have some extra time for votes to arrive if they weren't mailed until election day.  Who knows how long that is.  The counting is probably done elctronically in most places, however, if they are like my precinct, each person voting has to be ID'd and marked off, so there is less possibility of fraud... yada, yada, yada... and those procedures are done manually by poll workers.  So it's more than just taking ballots out of the envelopes and shoving them into a machine.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 11-05-2020, 12:14 AM   #729
Gallery Gazer

Melody there’s been talk about fraud with postal votes in England as anyone could get them and fill them in as there’s no way of checking!

Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:40 AM   #730
Proud Fan Club Member

I appreciate the fact that you are not talking politics here! Its the one place that is safe for me to come and not be stressed!

I forgot to tell you that Monday when I went to Walmart, my cart had a mind of its own! While I was looking at something, it rolled on its own and bumped into a fire escape door and set the alarm off! How embarrassing! I stayed there until an employee came so they wouldn't think I was trying to escape with merchandise!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, smadson, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:46 AM   #731
Gallery Gazer

Kathy that sound like a lynn moment LOL,

when our boys were small my friend used to clean at the army drill hall, she asked me if I could help her while the other lady was ill, so I was sweeping the floors in the hall when two soldiers came running in, apparently I had banged the wall that was the room where they kept the firearms and it had set off the alarm, I didn’t live that dow in a hurry.
mcschmidty, smadson, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:25 AM   #732
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Remember remember the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot lol....brings back memories of bonfires, guy fawkes, Parkin, toffee apples, jacket pots..lol.  Jan, remember those?
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:46 AM   #733
Gallery Gazer

Oh yes also when our boys were young going to organises bonfires and my feet being numb with cold, we did live in Mansfield then, much colder than Nottingham.

Not sure if DS is doing anything tonight, not sure you can buy fireworks any more, do you remember jumping jacks, the lads on our street used to throw them in people’s entry’s, or do you call them ginals, not sure about the spelling though, did they used to bang and send an echo, ha,ha, typical boys!
Old 11-05-2020, 05:47 AM   #734
Gallery Gazer

Jayne we used to have hot dogs with lashings of fried onions and toffee apples, scrummy, my mouths watering at the thought of them!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:51 AM   #735
Gallery Gazer

We managed to buy a new mini cooker, well it’s actually a halogen oven with a convection fan, looks identical to our old one, just nipped into our fav electrical store and saw it straight away, €59! Not bad as ours lasted fifteen years.
Steve said he read the instructions and it just said , do not burn yourself as it gets hot and  nothing about the trays etc that they give you, one looks like a toast rack and a pie dish!
Old 11-05-2020, 06:49 AM   #736
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies. 

Jan, you can probably do a google search for the instructions.  Most everything now is found online.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 11-05-2020, 09:16 AM   #737
Gallery Gazer

Thanks melody that’s what I did but it doesn’t tell you much really but it’s similar to the one we had before, mind you when the light is on while it’s heating up steve says it’s like being in the football stadium it’s so bright, or as we would say Jayne, like Blackpool illuminations.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:21 AM   #738
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Sore throat still there and a bit of a headache!  I am wondering if this is due to side effects of the pneumonia vaccine?

Anyone get the shot and have any trouble with it?  Was thinking of Kandie as she and I both had reactions to the shingles shot.

Sorry, will catch up on the chatter later!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:24 AM   #739
Gallery Gazer

Ann we are having the flu shot tomorrow and we think the pneumonia one too, I’m always ill from the flu shot so I’m not looking forward to it but they are saying it could help protect you from the virus, fingers crossed 

I hope you feel better soon 
Old 11-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #740
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, we got our flu shots two weeks ago. My arm did not get sore, and I thought great, but  I did feel not 100% for awhile, but I am still happy we got them. When I was getting bloodwork last Thursday, I overheard a pharmacy tell a man they were out of stock already!. I think there is more of a demand for it this year. I want to get the pneumonia one too, but will have to ask my dr to prescribe it. I got my flu shot at a drugstore and we did not have to pay for it, which was nice.

Has anyone downloaded free patterned paper? What kind of paper did you use, if so? I cannot pick and choose on the download, and there is quite a lot, so I am thinking I could just use copy paper, but the thickness might not be so great. What a dilemma, lol.

Ann, sorry you are not feeling well.

Didn't get out for a walk yesterday, so going out today for sure!

Kathy, good thing you stayed there when the alarm went. These things happen, lol.

Shirl
Old 11-05-2020, 11:50 AM   #741
Gallery Gazer

Shirl, steve booked our app when he went for his bloods. He said there was a notice saying no flu injections but he asked paco the nurse doing the bloods and he said they were doing them, steve told him about the sign and he just shrugged, anyway we have them tomorrow! I’m guessing not many people realise!
shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #742
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Jan, we got our flu shots two weeks ago. My arm did not get sore, and I thought great, but  I did feel not 100% for awhile, but I am still happy we got them. When I was getting bloodwork last Thursday, I overheard a pharmacy tell a man they were out of stock already!. I think there is more of a demand for it this year. I want to get the pneumonia one too, but will have to ask my dr to prescribe it. I got my flu shot at a drugstore and we did not have to pay for it, which was nice.

Has anyone downloaded free patterned paper? What kind of paper did you use, if so? I cannot pick and choose on the download, and there is quite a lot, so I am thinking I could just use copy paper, but the thickness might not be so great. What a dilemma, lol.

Ann, sorry you are not feeling well.

Didn't get out for a walk yesterday, so going out today for sure!

Kathy, good thing you stayed there when the alarm went. These things happen, lol.

Shirl

My son is asset protection (catches shoplifters) at that store! I'd have been embarrassed if they had to chase me down!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #743
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirl, I have downloaded pattern paper and rarely used it.  Gina K has had free paper downloads - not sure they are still available.  If I found a site with some, I would usually download any I liked, because I'm pretty sure I'd never find it again.  To be honest, I don't even know what I have on my computer... duh!  And don't even think to look there when I need some background paper.

For the buffalo plaid falliday fest challenge, I found a site on line with free downloads and got that, since I had nothing in my stash. 

It's convenient, but it does cost you ink and paper - I use thin cardstock, because thick won't go through our printer.  The one great thing about it is you will never run out, because you can just print more.  It's great if you are doing a big project, multiple cards the same, or good for paper piecing.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:31 PM   #744
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, this one's for you.

Attached Thumbnails
img_3265.jpg  
jan31, muscrat, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #745
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Melody! That reminded me to put the cherry kisses on my shopping list! 

Daily Scripture Thread

jan31, smadson, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:55 PM   #746
Proud Fan Club Member

Too funny, Melody! And thanks for your thoughts on the papers. Much appreciated!

Kathy, you both could have had a good laugh!

Shirl
Old 11-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #747
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, get well soon.

During Covid lockdown and for a while afterwards there were no flu vaccines available. I can’t have the pneumonia one until next year and it’s on my list as I have had pneumonia twice. We were told we probably could only have the vaccine twice and not every year like the flu one. 

Jan, I remember ginnels...and jumping jacks..we lived across from a ginnel. I still say when it’s bright..it’s just like Blackpool illuminations lol.  I was watching a YouTube today and the lady said fortnight and then had to tell the people from the states what it meant lol.  I thought everyone knew that.  I love different sayings.  Now I’m hungry for a hotdog with onions and mustard sauce.

Had anyone heard from Annette?  Hope she’s ok and just having fun with Mason.

Rightio...I’m out of here.

Happy weekend everyone.  I’m on a roll...or rolling lol
Old 11-05-2020, 08:49 PM   #748
Gallery Gazer

Jayne fortnight is an English saying, I know from our son that it isn’t used over there. I still forget and say dinner instead of lunch, as kids we always had our main meal, dinner, at lunchtime.

Kathy that good have been embarrassing if you son had been called for, ha,ha,

Melody that’s a good one , I will  send it to my DIL.

muscrat, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:53 PM   #749
Gallery Gazer

Shirl I meant to say re printing papers, I have files full of them and use them quite often, I used to get free ones but also used buy some too, I know it uses ink but they can be used more than once, I also have a scanner so if I buy a paper pad and really like a piece i scan it and print it so I can save it and use again.

shirlb19, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:15 PM   #750
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Jan for your input on the papers. Good luck on the flu shot tomorrow.

I  have never had a pneumonia shot, but I heard they are good for 5 years once you get them.

Been busy doing errands all day. I did not get any cards done. Tomorrow might be like that too.

Night all!

Shirl
Old 11-05-2020, 10:44 PM   #751
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan we say lunch and dinner here...I had to change my sayings when I arrived lol.

I received more happy mail...that’s 4 beautiful cards from alphas this week...I’m so spoilt. Thanks ladies. I really appreciate your kindness and thoughts.  I’m going ok.  
Old 11-06-2020, 12:33 AM   #752
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello all!!!
Waving hello from home! My DD1 stayed later than expected, so I drove home with her. We left Wednesday and home just before 1AM tonight. Over 1000 miles : )

I did get a flu shot the Tuesday before I left- was having some stomach issues for a few days, but now fine! I have never had a pneumonia shot.

I have a few DP’s to print- I use Georgia Pacific from Walmart for printing. Love the idea of scanning the ones I like!!!

Uggg, DD1 is a History teacher, so I have heard about the election non- stop. In Chicago, it’s all Blue, so being at my sons, which is a small rural town was so interesting for her- huge political decorations for both sides! She took pictures and shared with her students. Lol

Kathy- glad you were OK after setting off the alarm! That would be something that would happen to me!

The guys in Florida are teasing hubby about how much he eats- new nick name is pork chop! Lol. He never gains weight though. The team has done well and having fun. He will be home Saturday night. Then, we will be self quarantined.......

Off to bed- have missed the chatter & look forward to ‘catching up’ on some real crafting!

Shelly
Old 11-06-2020, 04:27 AM   #753
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome home Shelly.  Good to see you back safely.

I made 1 card for FF and 1 for the DT.  Another 1 part made.  I take so long to make a simple card 
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:38 AM   #754
Gallery Gazer

Hi Shelly pleased you are home safe and sound.

We had a flu shot and pneumonia too, I had to see the doctor too, she was running late and then the nurse called us in for the shots and Miriam the doctor opened the connecting door and said oh there you are janis, The nurse told her I was finished so she saw me straight away, it was very busy in there, two nurses doing the shots, people in line outside and inside have temperature taken, chaos really.
mcschmidty, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:40 AM   #755
Gallery Gazer

Shelly my dad was the same as you DH, he could eat a horse as we used to say but never put on any weight! 
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:59 AM   #756
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

A bit better today but still running slow!!

Need to catch up on lots of things!  Have a good day everyone!!
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:48 AM   #757
Gallery Gazer

Ann pleased to hear you are feeling a little better.

I’m very impressed wit the halogen oven, I made salmon en croute and it cooked the flaky pastry beautifully 
mcschmidty, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #758
Proud Fan Club Member

Guess where I was this morning?
Attached Thumbnails
img_20201106_115343277.jpg  

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:14 AM   #759
Proud Fan Club Member

I say breakfast, dinner, and supper. I have recently started calling dinner lunch, but still supper.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #760
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome home, Shelly!

Glad you are feeling better , Ann!  Maybe you need to slow down.

Kathy, the chocolate looks good. 

DH eats lots ice cream and lots cookies and never gains a pound!

I say breakfast, lunch, and supper or dinner.

Jayne , glad you are getting our happy mail!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.