Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-29-2020, 03:35 PM   #521
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, they are both gorgeousness plus as Victoria would say!

Shirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:35 PM   #522
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Dagmar, those are beautiful!  Thank you!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:38 PM   #523
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, what a nice thing to say!  I had to read that to my DH!  I am smiling.

I have been making leaf prints on my gel plate for the technique in the news letter.  Waiting for them to dry to make a card.  Lots of prints.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #524
Stazon Splitcoast

I am just check how many Honesset Form here for the Falliday Fest challenges? I know one in the house LOL.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:59 PM   #525
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, your journals are beautiful! Love them!

Shirl, hope your bloodwork is excellent.

Gorgeous flowers for Sharon, Dagmar. Sorry to hear about your granddaughter, hope she heals quickly.

Hmm, I am quite tired this evening. I don't have time for that!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:39 PM   #526
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday everyone.  I agree Gracie, Sharon is our Alpha beauty Queen.  Thanks for your kind thoughts...I’m ok.

Dagmar and Jan, sorry that you are back in lockdown. We saw it on the news yesterday including the news about France being in lockdown again. My family are in part lockdown in the UK...my aunt hasn’t been out since February. So sad. We heard that maybe our border with the next State may be lifted by Xmas.  We shall see.

Jan, glad your neighbour came to the rescue.

Kandie your journals are beautiful. Definitely an item for your family to treasure.

Shirl, hope the blood tests went well.

Dagmar, glad your DH is improving. Keep well and safe. 

Catherine, not heard of the show..will have to check it out.

Sharon, I had my appointment yesterday.  Lots to think about and I go back in 6 weeks with my decision.  Do any of you know someone who has had open heart surgery and had an aneurysm fixed?  I’m trying to get as much information as I can to help me make a more informed decision. I am now leaning towards surgery..tricky decision. I’m seeing my GP today so will chat with her.

Thank you to those of you who have or are going to play in my challenge. Just a note that your card doesn’t have to be spooky lol.  The challenge is to use something in your stash or perhaps a technique that has “spooked” you and out or put you off from using the item or trying the technique. Extra bonus points though if spooky items and your card is for Halloween. The ghosting technique by Jennifer Mcguire is so easy.  

Shirl, I used yupo paper with my alcohol inks and archival black and then just stamped and rubbed off the black ink straight away. For the other samples, I used normal CS and just stamped with white and colours, and one with black ink too.  So easy. Just have fun.

Well I need to move. I didn’t create yesterday and have samples to make and the teapot tickle card.  

Have fun this weekend everyone. Sorry if I’ve missed some chat.

Hugs 

Last edited by Ozpom; 10-29-2020 at 08:25 PM..
Old 10-29-2020, 08:08 PM   #527
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, your journals are gorgeous! You've been so busy creating! Great work! You go girl!

Jayne, my dad had 5 bypasses on his heart and was much healthier afterwards, but it wasn't open heart surgery. I also have 2 girlfriends who've had stents put in their hearts! I hope your GP can give you some more information so that you can make a decision that is best for you! HUGS!

Beautiful flowers for Sharon, Dagmar. Dagmar, I hope your GD heals quickly.

Get some rest Catherine! Hugs!
Old 10-30-2020, 04:33 AM   #528
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone!

Jayne, DH had a 6-bypass surgery, but did not have an aneurysm.  He knows of a friend who had it done in his 50s and it went well, that was 20 years ago.  The medical world improves every day.  It is so much to think about indeed.  Many ((hugs)) to you.

My son in AZ has decided it’s time to keep more in touch with me.  Gosh, we get on some marathon texting!  He is 49, and has married a lady who is 60.  So weird to think she’s only 8 years younger than me!  He’s wanting to do a FaceTime session.  I guess I’d better put on some makeup so I don’t scare him half to death, lol.  During this virus lockdown and continued stay at home, I’ve really gotten out of the habit of makeup every day, although I do dress up to go anywhere.  But I rarely go anywhere!

Why is it that when Dusty gets me up at 7 to go out, she heads straight back to bed, but when she gets me up to go out at 6:30, she heads to the couch where DH is snoozing, which is where he goes when his shoulder is aching and he can’t lay down.  Then she goes back to sleep, and we sit here with our coffee and yawn for an hour till the sun comes up!

Speaking of the sun, it’s almost full dark here by 7 now, so depressing.  I remember going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:43 AM   #529
Gallery Gazer

Kandie our eldest sons girlfriend before his now wife was about eight years younger than me too, I knew she was older than him but I was pretty shocked when she actually told me  her age although in all fairness she was very trendy so it wasn’t too noticeable, we actually all liked her but he ended it suddenly. We were all sad but then she started stalking him on FB etc when he met his wife so we all had to stop any contact with her.

Steve’s eldest brothers wife was thirteen years older than him, their mum was really against them getting married as he was only eighteen but they were married for just over fifty years when she died. Mind you he was an old head on young shoulders if you know what I mean.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:19 AM   #530
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I'm achy and sore today!  Not from the painting but doctors appointment!  Had my pneumonia shot, which my arm is sore and hurts a lot.  Why do I always get a reaction to shots?

My real soreness is from 40 minutes in the lab with 2 techs trying to get blood from me!  Told them I have bad veins and they look at you like yeah right!  Well they both said I have been there worst person to draw from in ages!  First young lady, two strikes and she was out, and left arm bruised and sore!  Young man came it, tied up my arms so many times and said, you may just have to come back, I don't think I can find a vein.  I said why come back, it will be the same thing then!! 

So he tried in my right arm, nope blew that one!  Then it was my right hand! Baby needle went in and it was slow but he got it, and nursed it till he got enough out!  My arms are black and blue from them and I'm so sore!

Dagmar, so sorry to hear about your GD and glad your spouse is getting better!

All the lock downs! Wow, I'm wondering if it will happen again here!

Kandie, gorgeous junk journals!!  So cool!!  I have to post mine here on SCS!  So does Sharon!

Very cold this morning here, just 28 degrees!  I'm not ready for winter either!!

Off to try and get things done today, don't know how much that will happen, I think Tylenol will be my friend today!

mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:54 AM   #531
Proud Fan Club Member

My high school best friend married a guy 13 years younger. He was 18 and she was 31. He turns 50 in December and she just turned 63 in May. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 10-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #532
Stazon Splitcoast

Ouchie, Ann.  My daughter and I both have veins that are hard to find, but we both give blood.  I always insist that they use a blood pressure cuff instead of a rubber band when they even LOOK for a vein, because the band hurts and I immediately tense up, just making it harder to find the vein. 

Well, I didn't get out to rake leaves yesterday, so I'd better get out there today.  Cold, but at least we have some sunshine.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:58 AM   #533
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!

Ann, so sorry to hear about your awful morning! Yee-ouch! Take it easy today!

Kandie, I used to hate going to work and home in the dark. Dreary days. Love those beautiful journals.

Melody, don't overdo with the raking! I used to love to burn leaves in the fall! Raking, not so much!

Kathy and Jan, sometimes younger men and older women are a good match.

Gotta run errands today.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:15 AM   #534
Proud Fan Club Member

My aunt married a man 18 years older than herself. As we get older the difference doesn't seem so bad, but can you imagine an 18 year old guy looking at a newborn and saying I'm going to marry her someday? They got along extremely well, as does my friend who married the younger man. Age is a matter of mind. If you don't mind, it don't matter! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:01 PM   #535
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I have already dusted and vacuumed the house so have allowed myself a little break to check in here. 

For the age discussion, my mom was 12 physical years younger than my dad and she always advised against a huge age difference because they weren't happily married. However, I don't think the age difference was the problem. She was young and adventurous minded and my dad was old from his childhood, I think. However, there is the challenge of health issues as you age which is why mom retired at 62 because they wanted to travel and she didn't know how long dad's health would hold out.

I'm trying to get all my chores done early and quickly so I have time to play. DH went to town to work at the church because he has a lunch appointment with his team. I think they are realizing that this remote working thing is taking a toll on people so they are trying to get together more. They had a team lunch not that long ago.

DD1 is already home from work as she had the early shift this morning.

Jayne, I'm sending hugs and praying you get good information to make your decision.

Ann, ouch, sorry to hear that was such a painful lab trip.

jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:03 PM   #536
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well, it was morning when I started typing that. There was a quick break in there where DD1 and I ran to the nearest Starbucks to pick up coffee. And she got to see the lady who trained her at the Starbucks in Target where she first worked. Fortunately, she loved Nancy so it was wonderful to see her - and learn that she doesn't work at Target any longer. That Target was a terrible place to work. I don't know about all Targets, but that one was horrible.
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #537
Gallery Gazer

Ann poor you being black a blue, when steve had his bypass they couldn’t get blood, he was bruised over, they would call the people in the lab to try,  in the end he had to have a pick line I think they call them, they caused him a lot of pain, now me, apparently I have big veins, never had a problem.
 Funny thing I had always had lots of blood taken when I was pregnant with the oldest son, with the rhesus negative problem but afterwards they took a finger prick and I nearly fainted when I saw the blood LOL
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:15 PM   #538
Gallery Gazer

The edging tiles arrived so we spent an hour and a half fixing them, we didn’t have any corner pieces  so I offered to try to make two with my air dry clay! Steve’s face was a picture, ha,ha he said, jan just fill them in with grout!! I have managed to mould them a little so tomorrow I will sand them smooth.
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:42 PM   #539
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow there had been a lot chart here. 
I have been busy crafting with my new buddy Dr Sonja some of you might know her. She right on scs She answer to my prayers. And think she was God sent to me. We getting gear up for the Falliday Fest Challenges Lydia told Sonja that I could quifry the prize since Sonja. Is help me and being hands. I am do the  Falliday Fest Challenges any away And God will give me what need. When I need it! So I make card posted them in my gallery. Like me and mom use too. Thank to Dr Sonja, my new friend a craft buddy and partner. I feel like I have part of my life. And feels good! 
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:58 PM   #540
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Linda, so happy to see you have a crafting buddy!!  And I was happy to see you commenting on a few cards!!  Well done!
mcschmidty, smadson, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:21 PM   #541
Stazon Splitcoast

me too!
Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Linda, so happy to see you have a crafting buddy!!  And I was happy to see you commenting on a few cards!!  Well done!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #542
Stazon Splitcoast

I got out and raked enough leaves to fill (stuff) both tumblers on the composter.  Added coffee grounds, egg shells and a bit of kitchen scraps, but didn't have much to put in besides the leaves.  I should probably rake more leaves and just put them in a bin in the garage for when I need to add more.  The compost is supposed to be finished in 4 - 12 weeks, which would be in the middle of winter and I'm not going to be digging under the snow to get leaves.  LOL
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 10-30-2020, 04:00 PM   #543
Stazon Splitcoast

I was looking at a jar stamp on a site today, and this is what it said:

"stamp the jar and then get out all of your stamps and see what stamps will fit inside"

And I'm thinking, yeah, right!  I'm not going to get out ALL my stamps...
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 6 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #544
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You are too funny, Melody!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #545
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, ha, Melody, that's a good one, lol!

Shirl
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #546
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
I was looking at a jar stamp on a site today, and this is what it said:

"stamp the jar and then get out all of your stamps and see what stamps will fit inside"

And I'm thinking, yeah, right!  I'm not going to get out ALL my stamps...

Oh come on now! That shouldnt take but maybe five years! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 05:47 PM   #547
Proud Fan Club Member

I just spent the last four hours working on a "card" I don't even want! LOL I just needed a challenge! And that's sure what it was!  I will post it tomorrow. It's too dark right now to get a good picture.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 08:39 PM   #548
Stazon Splitcoast

who is count the days for the Falliday Fest Challenges?
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:39 PM   #549
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ooh ouch Ann. They also have problems getting my blood out.  I want it for myself lol. Jan I’m rh -ve too and DH.

Melody and Kathy you girls gave me a chuckle today..thanks.  I wouldn’t be able to find a jar big enough lol.

As for younger men...I have my toy boy lol.  I couldn’t imagine myself with an older man as I’m only 29 in my head lol.

Jan, so funny you wanted to put in some clay moulds lol.  

Thanks for all of your kind words and hugs. I really appreciate it.  I am thinking I will have surgery..better out than in I say.

I finished my tickle card and will work on my other samples.  I really need more time.  Feeling sluggish today.

Have fun.  Hugs
Old 10-30-2020, 11:49 PM   #550
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Jannnnnnnnnnnn, happy  birthday to you. Hip hip horray it’s your special day..have fun and no jobs *wink*. Jx
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:57 PM   #551
Gallery Gazer

Thank you Jayne, just having my tea in bed!

I’ve had lots of beautiful cards from my crafty friends, we are going for a walk later and hopefully have lunch, first time this year but it depends if it’s busy or not as it’s a fiesta weekend! I’ve also had a video from GSs, singing, apparently I’m 102, ha,ha, nothing like GSs to cheer you up.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:23 AM   #552
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sounds like a lovely day to me and yes GSs do tend to think of us as old.  I remember asking the poppets how old they thought we were and one said 80+ and the other said 70 LOL.  We had to put them right.  I know Son1 once said to me in the car "Mum, when you were younger and there were dinosaurs"...well I cracked up laughing.  I've never let him forget that and sent him a card once with an old person saying...son, when we had dinosaurs LOL.

Enjoy your tea and day.  Birthdays are fun.

I've just uploaded my Tickle tag and now it's time for dinner before zooming with family.  
Happy day 
Old 10-31-2020, 07:19 AM   #553
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Happy birthday Jan!

So glad my card made it on time!!!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 07:50 AM   #554
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday, Jan!
Old 10-31-2020, 07:55 AM   #555
Proud Fan Club Member

I will have trouble all day knowing what time it is, as DH has already  changing the clocks!  He changed the 4 in our open area of kitchen, DR and LR. Stove, microwave, wall clock and table clock. 
He just change the two in our bedroom, yes one for each side of bed! LOL

He leaves the bathroom clocks to me. I know isn’t it ridiculous how many we have!  He hasn’t even been downstairs yet!
When I complained to him I won’t know what time it is all day, he said why do you need to know what time it is?  He is right, as always!

Have a great day!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:57 AM   #556
Proud Fan Club Member

I just came into the craftroom, and at least I know what time it is in here! LOL
Old 10-31-2020, 08:22 AM   #557
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday, Jan!  Wow I am SO behind on sending cards.  I put my birthday calendar where I can keep track of the special days, and then I bury it with other stuff!

Melody and Kathy, love the chuckles, thanks for the laughs!

Linda, I’m so pleased to hear you e found a crafting friend.  Dr Sonya is a sweet lady.  Enjoy yourself!

Dusty got me up at 2:45 to PLAY, she kept smacking me with a paw.  I said okay, you woke me up, you’re going out whether you want to or not!  DH had woken up and told me she did the same thing to him last night.  Then I spent a half hour saying Go lay down!

I’m ready to make the third set of pages, or signatures as they are called, for DD2’s book.  This journal is going a lot faster now that I’ve figured it all, I.e., learned from my mistakes, lol.  My only problem is I keep hearing my girls’ voices from over the years saying I like yours better, or why did you do that, that looks strange.  Oh well.  Que sera sera, said Doris Day, lol.

Last edited by Kemernow; 10-31-2020 at 08:31 AM..
Old 10-31-2020, 08:30 AM   #558
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, I too have clocks in every room, even the bathroom!  It’s not that we necessarily need to know what time it is, but I craft until 1 or 2, DH watches Let’s Make a Deal and The Price is Right at 10, more game shows at 7 and 7:30, and at 8 he complains 400 cable channels but nothing to watch!  So I guess we do have to know what time it is, lol, even to complain it’s time to see again that there is nothing on, let’s switch to Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime.

Speaking of Amazon Prime, Catherine, thanks so much for reminding me of the show The Mentalist!  I love that guy, and the Jadeite green mug and saucer he always had his tea in.  I immediately went to Prime and added the show to my List!

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:33 AM   #559
Proud Fan Club Member

I forgot to say good morning to everyone!

Old 10-31-2020, 08:33 AM   #560
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Saturday!  Happy birthday, Jan.

I'm another who has a younger DH.  Both my oldest sister and I married men who are 7 years younger.
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 5 others like this post.