Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #361
Proud Fan Club Member

DH is getting randomly tested for covid today. we are guessing it is the saliva test because they told him not to brush his teeth before the test. 

Mom's Walmart list is growing by the minute! LOL. I may be down there longer than I thought. I'm guessing I might be better off getting an earlier start than usual. And I never drink coffee before I go! My list is pretty big but I am stocking up because of DH',s early retirement. they told him if he works one day in January our insurance will be paid for the month so his plan is to have January 4th be his last day. I already have enough toilet paper for the year!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #362
Gallery Gazer

I very often think of my Grandad, my Grandma liked to go to the seniors club once  a week to play whist, Grandad hated going as he said they were all old people, LOL 
even when he retired he would think nothing of walking ten miles to our house to surprise us, throwing pebbles at the window to wake us !
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:48 AM   #363
Gallery Gazer

Kathy is your DH ok? Or is it routine testing?
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #364
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Kathy is your DH ok? Or is it routine testing?

Yes. He's fine. They just randomly test employees at the University where he works because of students.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:23 PM   #365
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Another week gone.  Where does time go?  We are about to head off for our weekend family reunion.  Happy weekend everyone. See you when I see you 
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:58 PM   #366
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Have a lovely time, Jayne!

Kathy, I do the grocery shopping/Sam's Club run on Thursdays before going home (now that DH works from home, he used to do it). Thanks to your influence, I bought a pack of toilet paper today. I usually wait until just before we need it.

Jan, that is too funny about your granddad saying they are all old people! I remember my mom and her friends talking about forgetting how old they were and I thought that was strange. Now I get it! Your granddad was in great shape to walk 10 miles to surprise you.

It took me over an hour to get to work this morning as the freeway was shut down in both directions. I think it took DD1 over an hour to get home due to the same thing. There was an accident about halfway between home and work and the driver hit a power pole, knocking out power to a large section down there as well as starting a vegetation fire. Fortunately, I finally found information that the accident was non-injury, so that is good. And the fire was contained quickly, fortunately. I don't know how long those areas were without power though. I felt like I'd worked an entire day by the time I finally got to work!

Jan, that reminds me, is your Bay area son in the area where PG&E is talking about shutting the power off for public safety?
Old 10-22-2020, 08:07 PM   #367
Stazon Splitcoast

anyone here? Can you answer questions about paypal? #328
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:45 PM   #368
Gallery Gazer

Catherine our son didn’t mention anything about power cuts when we spoke last night, he’s been lucky and I think only had one very short period.

Our youngest GS is going back to school next week, it’s all been sorted so that they don’t sit near each other etc, no playtimes and only until lunchtime although they are starting at 7.40am! Our son says they will have to get up at 6.30 so that will be a shock to the system, ha,ha, our eldest GS went for an hour his week and they are gradually going for longer each week!

Old 10-22-2020, 10:10 PM   #369
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, when you pay with paypal for SCS membership, it's pretty straightforward, and the payment is credited to your own account.  However, if a person is going to pay for someone else, I would think they need to contact a site administrator, since there is no option to pay for another person.  That will have to be done manually.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 10-22-2020, 10:10 PM   #370
Gallery Gazer

We saw an accident the other day, the police had blocked the parking area and a body was covered up although you could only see the legs, apparently a school teacher died, he was on a motorbike and collided with a car, it’s quite dangerous where it happened as there’s lots of shops and cafes with one really big parking area, most of it isn’t marked out for parking either, you can drive in and out all along the road side, I always watch for cars when we pull in as people drive through the parking area from one end to the other to join the main road, 
Old 10-23-2020, 07:14 AM   #371
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I’m so sorry you had to see the person that was hit.  That just makes it all too real.  I don’t know what’s going on around here but people are driving insanely.  I’m afraid to drive now, DH takes me everywhere.  With rods and screws in my neck from the horse-riding accident I cannot turn my neck very well, and keeping track of drivers in front, behind, left and right has become almost impossible because they swerve and pass and screech to stops, it’s all ridiculous.

Jayne, enjoy your reunion, you deserve a break, see you when you get back!

Gracie, I turned 68 in August.  My brain still has me around 45 and able to dance for hours at nightclubs and fit into my size 4 clothes, but that’s sure not what my eyes see when I look in the mirror!!!  Who IS that old lady with wrinkles and gray roots and wearing size 8 clothes, and whoever she is, get her out of my mirror, lol.

Sharon, I also feel your hip pain.  Can you tolerate the smell of Ben-Gay or Icy Hot?  That’s what I use when the pain is so bad.

Ann, I was going to ask yesterday how everyone was enjoying the rain and gloom.  Then the temps shot up to 74 yesterday and all the rain made it so terribly humid that everyone was sweating in their masks and the sales ladies at Joann’s and HL were fanning themselves at the checkout registers.  The air was just saturated.  Now it’s 67 degrees, supposed to drop today to the 40s and heavy rain from noon on.  What crazy weather.  No one knows how to dress!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:16 AM   #372
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, bears?  Near the cabin?  Oh no, I would not be anywhere near that cabin, and would be frightened to death of any member of my family being there as well.

Catherine, I can smell apples cooking!  LOVE that aroma!  And that photo of Wesley is too adorable.  

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:19 AM   #373
Proud Fan Club Member

So.  I was dreaming I was vacuuming and wearing my housecoat, and someone said “grandma’s here.  She brought lunch.  And coffee.”  So I opened my eyes, and saw DH opening the closet doors.  He said did I wake you up?  I said no, grandma is supposed to be here with lunch and coffee.  And he said, “well, I’m not grandma, and I don’t have lunch, but I can sure get you a cup of coffee!”  

mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:33 AM   #374
Proud Fan Club Member

My iPad crashed yesterday as I was trying to print something from it that I ordered from an Etsy store specializing in wonderful paper and envelope designs.  Suddenly I was being told the files were corrupted and then everything started printing in solid black.  I ran into the craft room where the printer was and stopped the printing.  And spent hours trying to perform different tests and functions on the iPad to find out what was wrong.  Finally I broke out the laptop, which by the way I haven’t used for for several years, and tried to print through that.  It printed just fine.  But all my programs were outdated.  Spent more hours updating Microsoft and Photoshop and practically every dang program on it, then had to pull up the Etsy receipt and re-download the files, over 40 of them, one at a time and make sure each file was good.  Finally, near 10 last night, I got everything done!  Wowser, what a job.

My iPad has been doing some strange things lately.  DH suggested I just use it to chat and use the Kindle function, and leave all the heavy printing and stuff to the laptop.  It’s been so long I had to keep looking up how-tos on the iPad so I could use the functions on the laptop!  I was an executive secretary for years and knew all those key functions like the back of my hand, but I REALLY had to go back in memory to get the hang of them again.  Ever so often something would slip into place and I’d say aha, I remember that!  What a strain on my brain, though.  It’s been a good 20 years since I’ve used some of that stuff.  And you know how much computers have changed and all these new functions!

I was muttering out loud.  DH started laughing when I said to a file, ok, I found you.  But where in the world are you, and how in the world did I get here?  Anyone remember those moments?

mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:34 AM   #375
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Too funny Kandie, and your spouse is sure accommodating!  I was giggling at "I'm not grandma"!

Catherine, so sorry to read about your drive and the accident.  People do not drive wonderfully here either. No manners when driving, just get in front of the other person!

It's gloomy, cold, and raining and suppose to last till mid afternoon today!  Warm weather is gone here.

I have a bloodshot right eye and reading is not helping it heal, kids are telling me to get off my computer. Another son said, it's stress that's doing it to me!  And he is probably right!

Iris is looking at me like come feed me!  So I better get moving!

Later everyone!
mcschmidty, jan31, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:22 AM   #376
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, how awful for that teacher on the motor bike. I hate seeing accidents. My DGDs have been going to school since September. Lots of social distancing and masks, but so far so good. They were happy to go because they missed their friends.

Catherine, thankful you weren't involved in the accident, but frustrating sitting in traffic trying to get to work. Glad your DD1 made it home safely.

Kandie, computers, apps and blah, blah, blah...don't get me started. I'm technologically challenged! Creativity...yes...technology...no! I hate that it takes forever to fix problems and then when you figure it out, they change everything again! Your DH is too funny!

Ann, hope your eye heals quickly. Sorry about all the stress you have right now. It's been a rough year for you! Sending hugs!

I'm off to work at our Craft Lady's Sale for the Hospital. We sell the crafts that we work on every Monday and also, have a bake sale to raise money for scholarships for nurses, emts, etc. 

Hugs and have fun at the family get together Jayne!

Enjoy your Friday all!

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #377
Gallery Gazer

Kandie, I only ever printed from my iPad at our sons as my printer is upstairs and connected to my computer, I wanted to print our ferry tickets and son said to print it , iand it would print in his office,I didnt have a clue,he showed me so now I know what to do.

I know what you mean about getting old, I see my mum looking at me in the mirror, ha,ha, we are the same age, I’m 68 next! 

So the new coffee table arrived, pack flat of course, took ages and poor steve had a blister on his palm from pressing the screw driver so hard to put the screws in! Then I said I didn’t like it LOL, it’s got wood sides and a white top with a glass shelf on one side, with the sun on the white top it was blinding me, steve said It will grow on me! We chose it as it has casters so can be moved easily when I’m cleaning and when we need to move it to pull the bed settee out, not that this will happen until our sons can travel again!
Old 10-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #378
Gallery Gazer

Ann sorry to hear about your eye, is eye strain! Hope it clears up.

I have an apple laptop, steve bought me a new battery for it but it’s been so long since I used it I can remember what to do, I’m so used to my computer, I really need to get into it again, my iPad keyboard is playing up too , steve says he will buy me an iPad mini when the new ones come out next spring! 
Old 10-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #379
Gallery Gazer

Gracie good luck with the sale, sounds like fun! 
Old 10-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #380
Proud Fan Club Member

Im sitting here with my feet propped up. I spent three hours in Walmart. Went in and spent $175 and the cart was full. Went back in and got mom's stuff. Went back in to finish mine and spent another $122! My back and legs are throbbing, my ears are ringer louder than normal and I have a headache! And the worst part is oh, my groceries are all over the counter in the kitchen end table. I haven't even put anything away yet!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #381
Gallery Gazer

Kathy that’s the worst bit putting the shopping away especially when you have so much!

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:59 AM   #382
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is a beautiful, sunny morning here. I checked the weather app and it was 25 degrees in my hometown in northeastern Oregon. Brrr! They already have snow in the forecast.

Gracie, one of my Wisconsin cousin's posted that they had gotten almost 9 inches of snow earlier this week! And there is snow in the forecast for my hometown in Oregon too.

Jan, there are a lot of accidents here. Even so, it is startling to come across the scene and see a person lying there covered up. So sad.

Kandie, love your dream and your DH's response to you. And I'm glad you got to your printer quickly to stop it from wasting all that ink! Sounds like such a pain - but good exercise for your brain, right?!

Ann, sorry about your eye. Please rest and take care of yourself. This has been a challenging year for you.

Gracie, I was thankful they had a sign up early about the accident so I could get off the freeway and try an alternate route. It is just that there are too many other people also trying those routes so it took a while. I'm thankful the accident was non-injury and that they got the vegetation fire contained so quickly. The boyfriend of one of DD1's co-workers was one of the fire fighters at the scene.

I hope your sale goes well!

Jan, oh no to the new table blinding you! You'll have to find some decorative items to tone down the brightness!

Kathy, I feel your pain. Ouch to the thought of a three hour shopping trip to Walmart! And I can relate to the putting everything away after you get home. That was me yesterday. Shop, cart it all inside the house (I had help for this part), and put it all away. 

Well, must get to work around the house. I've been struggling to figure out what to do for the child theme this week but remembered that I have some Precious Moments images that were sent to me that might work. I need to check.

Old 10-23-2020, 02:31 PM   #383
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks hopely my sister figure it out! She not familiar with scs @all! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Linda, when you pay with paypal for SCS membership, it's pretty straightforward, and the payment is credited to your own account.  However, if a person is going to pay for someone else, I would think they need to contact a site administrator, since there is no option to pay for another person.  That will have to be done manually.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #384
Proud Fan Club Member

Your sister could always send a check for you. All she has to do is write your scs username on the memo line of the check.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 03:54 PM   #385
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been web surfing trying to find more info on Kristina Werner, who is now wearing an engagement ring. Can't find anything about it yet, other than someone saying yes, she's engaged. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #386
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, that is because Kristina hasn't said much about it other than she is engaged and getting married next year and he likes her cats. She said (in one of her videos) that she wanted to keep it private (as opposed to Kelly Latevola Taylor who brought us along for the whole journey).
Old 10-23-2020, 04:39 PM   #387
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Catherine. I just hadn't heard a peep and wondered when it happened.

DH is at the cabin tonight. He's bear hunting tomorrow! At least he has protection.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #388
Stazon Splitcoast

I am sure but think she going to use her paypal account. and do it while she at work. And praying her back later. So, that's why I was trying figure out what she need to know from me? Do you know how long it takes for the paypal to kick in onec my sister dose the money thing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Your sister could always send a check for you. All she has to do is write your scs username on the memo line of the check.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:57 PM   #389
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I think the ring first showed up in this video:&nbsp I wasn't going to watch that one, but I watched the next one and, in that video, she said she talked about it more in the video that I linked. So, I played that one at double speed. Only to find that she didn't really say that much more about it in that video either!
Old 10-23-2020, 06:04 PM   #390
Stazon Splitcoast

Paypal is usually immediate.  We've used paypal to send money from one account to another and it usually shows up immediately. 
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:08 PM   #391
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, I just thought of something... If you let her log into your splitcoast account, she should be able to go into your profile - subscriptions, and use paypal to pay.  I'm pretty sure that will work.  You would have to give her your password to log in.
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:49 PM   #392
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Catherine. I watched and it is mentioned there. I wonder why she wants to keep it so quiet. I mean if she'd just share a name and picture maybe people would drop it. I think the quieter she keeps it, the more people will try to get info. Oh well, it's her life and her choice

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 09:00 PM   #393
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, it struck me very funny because I watch Kelly Latevola's videos (now Kelly Latevola Taylor) and she has what she calls story time in her videos. I don't know if you watch her stuff but she cracks me up because she'll be telling a story and then say, "Oh, back to the card" and tell you something about the card and then she is back to story time. Anyway, she just remarried and we've been along for the ride all along. Then, Kristina gets engaged and she wants to keep it quiet. Honestly, all she had to do was take her ring off for her videos and no one would know anything except what she wants to reveal. But, as you say, her life and her choice. It just struck me funny because it is such a contrast.
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:42 PM   #394
Stazon Splitcoast

I try to show her last night on your cell phone with user name and password so we could go to the  subscriptions, and use paypal to pay it.But her phone old and kept freeze up. And the display it different on a cell phone. And they were ready to go. So maybe she will find it! Thanks Linda 

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Linda, I just thought of something... If you let her log into your splitcoast account, she should be able to go into your profile - subscriptions, and use paypal to pay.  I'm pretty sure that will work.  You would have to give her your password to log in.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:09 AM   #395
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Off to babysit my three granddaughters all day!!  Enjoy your day everyone!! Hugs!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:14 AM   #396
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies, and happy Saturday.  Yesterday we woke to 68, which dropped all day to 45 at bedtime.  This morning it is 38!  What a difference in the two mornings!

Our trees are finally getting their fall colors.  With all the rain and temps going hot and cold, the trees are slow to color this year.

Gracie, I’ve been to craft fairs at hospitals before, they are fun!  Enjoy yourself, sell lots of cool things!

Jan, I would never have thought of the sun shining on the glass.  Maybe a pretty placemat, or a round wicker mat if there is anything like that where you are?  It sounds like Steve needs a battery-operated screwdriver!  Christmas idea, maybe?

Kathy, oh my gosh on all that shopping!  Your poor feet, legs and hips!  Sounds like a nice warm bath time to me.  Sometimes I put away the perishables and leave the rest until after a rest break.

Catherine, you know, that’s exactly what I said to DH, that all the trying to remember and the figuring out how to do stuff was good for my brain.

I’m almost done with DD1’s red rose journal, and it’s turning out much nicer than I expected.  I have a bit of wrapping up to do and making sure all the pockets have something in them, and then I can tie the sections in place with the sari ribbon and call it done.

Next one up is a safari theme; I’m going from roses to elephants, lol.

What is everyone up to today?

mcschmidty, jan31 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:16 AM   #397
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Ann!  Enjoy your girl time!

jan31 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:27 AM   #398
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.  I have apple cake in the oven.  It is yummy.  I've made it before, but this time I'm changing the glaze to a caramel one. 

mcschmidty, smadson, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:11 AM   #399
Gallery Gazer

Kandie it was a rechargeable  screw driver but for some reason the screws were so tight he had to press hard to get them in!

Melody I love apple cake, I have a recipe that I cut out of a magazine about 35 years ago and I still use it, I still have the original piece I cut out although I did type it out too!
mcschmidty and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #400
Gallery Gazer

Our eldest GS went out for a meal yesterday with his friend for his 12 th birthday, our GS is 12 tomorrow so he asked his Mum if they could go out somewhere posh, so she asked where he wanted to go, he said Denny’s, LOL, the funny thing is we are usually over with them and we always go out for a meal and they choose the place, he usually chooses Chinese 

mcschmidty and JRHolbrook like this post.