Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2020, 06:42 AM   #3921
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, I also hold my embossing projects with a sharp tool, but then they swing around in a circle, lol. My old craft heat gun is very powerful! And old!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:53 AM   #3922
Proud Fan Club Member

I have a whole pole of birthday cards to open!

Catherine, I love your three ladies partying! I believe I’m the one in pink! I’d be the one in purple, because I love purple, but the striped skirt would make me look fat, lol.

Sharon, thank you for the lovely card! Those Jar, border, tea and umbrella die cuts are so sweet, your alcohol print is gorgeous - I will definitely try those colors next time, and I LOVE the gelli bg! How did you get the raised surfaces?

Jayne, LOVE the glittery details on your card? What kind of sentiment tag is that? It almost looks like abalone shell.

Thank you, everyone, for the amazing crafts and love and thoughtfulness!

Jan, I sound your group of mixed media stuff under the pole of cards. I never mailed it! It’s on its way to you today!

Old 08-14-2020, 06:54 AM   #3923
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I’m sure I’ve asked before but my mind wandered away. Could you send me the link to an updated address list? My last one is dated March 2019!

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:13 AM   #3924
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Kandie, yes I sent you the updated list but I will send it again.

Get the shingles shot if you have not had it!! I have had shingles in my face and they are not pleasant. Mine were also the kind that had the nerve endings feeling like bugs crawling across my face. I got worn down taking care of family sick with the flu in the house and bingo got them. One large one right below my right eye. They mainly were on the right side of my face. Lots of antibiotics and trips to the eye doctor every few days. Not pleasant.

Shirl, I was told you had to have the second shot within 6 months. And wow, the second shot made me sicker then the first! I got the dizziness with the first shot about 10 minutes after getting it. Was alone and nearly fell over in the store!

Catherine, did you have a question about uploading for DTGD? If it is uploading samples here is the quickest way.

Go to the hostess staging gallery and bring up the card. Click on it and save it to your computer. Where ever you like, I usually save to my desktop for ease of seeing them.

Then add them to your challenge write up in the same way you add attachments. Just make sure you do a "save" after every change to your write up.

Just pm me or email me if you have questions.

Almost Kandie's birthday!! Are you doing anything special tomorrow for the big day?
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:14 AM   #3925
Gallery Gazer

I need more inks but I will order them to go to our sons house, I usually order a pack with black and colours but now I have eight large black and two small black and only one of each colour, this time I will just order coloured inks else they will dry up.

Jayne I do the same I have a metal picky tool I stab them to hold them down

Almost finished my cards, just need to put happy birthday tags on, I printed them and covered them with glassy accents so they are still drying. I think I can use one for the alpha challenge T!

If you start a chat thread count me in, I will need distraction being stuck in our sons house for two weeks in quarantine LOL
Old 08-14-2020, 07:18 AM   #3926
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Back from my walk, DH is at the store, so a few moments of silence! LOLI love reading what everyone says, but by the time I get thru it all, I have forgotten it!

Kandie, and Jayne, you are both so good with the MM! I play with it, but it looks like kindergarten! Kelly (ScrappinCEO)has got me started watching JulieJulie mixed media everyday live on you tube at 12:30 my time. She makes Junk Journals. I should love to do them, but someone please tell me what you use them for after done? I am like Melody in this, don’t want to spend time on something there is no use for, I want to do something practical! Link to Dear Julie Julie yesterday’s: " target="_blank"

Linda, I pray for you every day for a crafty care giver. I wish I knew what else I could do for you, dear friend. Audio books? Do you have a tablet of some kind, that you can down load the app, Libby, and thru that check out Audio library books?
I listened to. Lot of audio books when I was laid up with my broken wrists.

Oh, my goodness, DH is back already! I took too long!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:20 AM   #3927
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Kandie I look forward to it.

I once had to have a yellow fever jab, we were going to live in Germany, Steve was in the army at the time, well I had it, walked home and started shivering, I couldn’t stop, dear me I felt so terrible, I told steve I will never go anywhere if I have to have that again.

Why does the shingles shot make you dizzy, Jayne I’m not sure you should have it, or Gracie and Sharon you three ladies fall over enough !
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:24 AM   #3928
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, thank you for the video! I call my journal, just a book filled with Manila pages, an Art journal because I’m filling it techniques and notes I have learned. I don’t have many pages done yet, but already I’m enjoying seeing how different things can look with a touch here and a stencil there!

I wonder why the Mixed Media Challenge isn’t up yet.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:27 AM   #3929
Gallery Gazer

Sharon I forget half the chat too!

Linda I feel sorry that you are so lonely, do you have any way of coming on a group chat, if so you could join Jayne on her seven hour marathon craft session LOL

Our neighbour has just given me a huge bag of grapes, all colours they are so delicious but I have to be careful!
Old 08-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #3930
Proud Fan Club Member

I am back. Kandie, I also have a technique Art journal, but these Junk Journals are something else... still do t know what they do with them or use them for though.

Shelly, in answer to how I get ready for DTGD. I cut and fold bases in some colors, but mostly white. Need about three dozen. I get all my already cut die cuts handy. Some of these are what people like Ann and other alphas or tea potters have sent me. I stamp some favorite images and color them. And Ann made this suggestion, pre cut all those gel prints, or watercolor or mixed media backgrounds. I now have two SU! Clam shell cases full of backgrounds cut to 4 x 51/4. So, and trying to organize my room so I know where things are that I might need. Also, I try to write on back of those backgrounds what technique was used so if a challenge calls for that technique, I already have it done!

That is what I can think of, Shelly , hope that helps. Oh, have plenty of adhesives!
Old 08-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #3931
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, you are a Queen when it comes to getting ready for DTGD!

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #3932
Proud Fan Club Member

Junk Journal: A book which is often made through found and recycled materials to be used as a way to collect and record memories, thoughts, ideas, and inspiration.

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #3933
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everyone.

Kandie, I don't think Tim Holtz designs for simon says stamp, but they tend to sell the most trendy and newest items on the market. He has a huge following of groupies who buy EVERYTHING he designs, so his products are usually easy to find. I was in an exclusively Tim Holtz group and made a comment about a class once. The comment was not negative, but was misinterpreted and people jumped all over me, because they thought I was criticizing their idol. Needless to say, I quit the group. Don't need that. I think he is a great artist, although I don't necessarily like his dark style.

Just a tip for your powerful heat gun... start by holding your item up and heating from underneath... this will help to keep the embossing powder from blowing everywhere. I actually have 2 very powerful heat guns, both the same except one has SU logo on it. Made by Milwaukee Tool (not sure if that is the exact name of the company). I think the TH heat tool isn't as hot and doesn't have a very strong fan, which is why you can put it very close to your surface without blowing everything away. If it got really hot, it would burn stuff that close. I know my heat guns will burn things. I used to have one lady in class, who consistently scorched anything she used the tool on.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 08-14-2020, 11:10 AM   #3934
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I dusted and vacuumed when I first got up so that chore would be behind me before it gets too hot. It is currently 91 degrees with a forecast high of 100 - at my house! And the forecast is for triple digits at my house for the next five days. Definitely a good time to be going to Tahoe.

Jan, I know of a lot of people who react like you do to the flu shot. I haven't gotten it in years but, when I did, I also got sick from getting it. Not sick like I would have gotten with the flu, but definitely not up to par.

I hope you get accurate information about your trip and quarantine before you go.

Jayne, it sounds like you had a great afternoon with your poppets. Such fun!

Kandie, I'm not aware of any fires near us. I heard on the news yesterday that there is a significant one down in the LA area which is 5-6 driving hours south of us. Fire is a concern, of course, with this high heat we are dealing with currently. There is a lot beside our house that DH has done a lot of clearing on because it helps protect us from fire danger. I have no idea who actually owns the lot.

What a frustrating shopping trip, Kandie! And yes, I have had those kinds of shopping trips.

Woo hoo, glad your card arrived - and it was even early! This is amazing and should be recorded for posterity, I'm not sure it will happen again...lol!

I have a friend who asked me to get the Whatsapp, I think it was that one anyway. I don't remember for certain now. I haven't used it though.

Sharon, I have always wondered the same thing. What do people do with their junk journals? I have seen some very pretty ones but not sure what they do with it after it has been completed.

Jan, I think you have a good point about Sharon, Gracie, and Jayne not getting the shot if it makes you dizzy! Either that or bubble wrap them, make them lie down to get it, or something!

An art journal sounds like a great idea to keep track of techniques. There are so man of those it is easy to lose track of one, even if it is one you really like!

Kandie, the junk journals I've seen were so busy with stuff, I'm not sure how you could record anything in them! I guess you could put a journal box or photo over top of the pages.

I get an email from Simon Says Stamp that is only Tim Holtz stuff.

Melody, when we were re-doing our previous house getting ready to sell, DH's heat tool died. I don't remember what he was using it for but he said, "Shoot, now I need to buy a new one." I offered my heat gun so he could keep going. I don't think he expected it would be powerful enough but he gave it a try - and was impressed. Now he has borrowed it several times! Crafty tools for the win!
Old 08-14-2020, 12:09 PM   #3935
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy to report that I did not have the same dizziness this morning from getting the vaccine. I did not fall asleep for a long time last night, so I decided to stay horizontal till 10 this morning and did not get up at my usual time. So far so good. Yay!

Ann, the first shot does not give you the highest percentage of preventing shingles. That is the only reason they tell you to do the 2nd shot within 6 months. Just cause you are not protected as much until you do get the 2nd shot. I was wondering the same thing and so I asked the pharmacist about it. A person could actually go a whole year before getting the 2nd shot to give you the highest immunity. Hope that makes sense.

Another gorgeous day here. Blue skies, nothing but blue skies (sorry had to inject some song lyrics, lol), a nice breeze. My dh has been out already and said it is pretty warm.

I bought salmon and chicken thighs yesterday so I am going to cook those up today to have food ready for when it gets too hot to turn the oven on. Wondering if I can cook them at the same time or will the chicken take on the flavor of the salmon?

Shirl
Old 08-14-2020, 12:15 PM   #3936
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, I also asked the pharmacist about if there is anything different in the first dose and second dose. He said nope they are the same strength!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:29 PM   #3937
Proud Fan Club Member

Interesting, Ann! Wonder why we then need two shots? And, this is why the world is so nutty. Nobody can agree on anything, lol......

Shirl
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:28 PM   #3938
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Ladies,I am thankful prayers I am not been feeling good for last day. I am very much need of payers!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #3939
Proud Fan Club Member

Still no Mixed Media Challenge. I am suffering from withdrawal!

Old 08-14-2020, 03:59 PM   #3940
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Success! I have been looking for a tankini top to go with my swim shorts and I finally found one and it fits. Yay! It is a little nerve wracking buying it without trying on first. Now I have something to wear for water play next week. I have a long torso so it is hard to find one piece suits that are comfortable. At least nowadays they do make some for long torsos but still hard to find and I dislike looking for swimsuits!

We were also successful in finding some shorts for DD2.

Kandie, I've been wondering what happened to the mix challenge today too. I usually look at all the challenges even if I don't make a card for it. It is strange that nothing has been posted, I hope everyone is OK.

Linda, sorry you aren't feeling well. You are in my prayers.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:28 PM   #3941
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying for you, Linda!

Well, I have answered my own question. I cooked the chicken and the salmon at the same time and it all turned out good. Now, I am not planning on turning on the oven for a few days. Supposed to hit 34 C. on Sunday, which is 93.2 in F.

Shirl
AnnetteMac, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #3942
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks ladies.... Things get tough when dad and let being able do things. Puls not feeling well makes harder too! And it's personal things too!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #3943
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, I pulled out my scrapbooks to find the pages I did on our visit to the Ponderosa. Here they are - photos of the scrapbook pages aren't the best, but it should give you an idea. We also have a copy of the map that they burned in the intro. In current days, the girls wanted to recreate that opening but we haven't just yet.
Attached Thumbnails
.jpg   b.jpg   c.jpg   d.jpg  
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:46 PM   #3944
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine what great scrapbooking memories. Sharon we may have another scrapper amongst us.

I’m not sure that I will get the shingles shots down the track listening to you ladies and especially Ann who gets dizzy. I guess it’s better to be forearmed though than get the shingles.

Kandie, I also was wondering where the MM challenge was. I haven’t checked yet if it’s there. I will be sending out our email soon and I need to take photos of my cards and post.

Sharon, I’ve made a journal as you know. It’s still sitting on my desk. It’s only notebook size. I put lots of pages in and junk and I’m also on the site Kelly recommended and many others lol. There’s so much on journals out there. Most people swap or sell them. I just wanted to make some for myself for travelling and also just as a notebook. I think the secret would be to use papers that are light enough to be written on. Some people do put a lot of stuff in them. I have to make one for a friend who loves music, travel, nature so I’ve got the right papers for it. It’s just doing it. It took me a couple of days to do the small one. I have come to the conclusion that there are people out there who love to just make journals and that’s their style...then there’s the card makers only....scrappers only and in between like me lol who jump in and out of everything until they find what they truly love. I’m missing scrapping but gosh with so many card challenges I can’t keep up. If I hadn’t mailed cards I don’t know what I would have done with them.

Thanks for the tip on the heat gun Melody.

I will post what the poppets made yesterday. DGD definitely has potential and DGS loves MM and messy lol.

We went for a walk this morning. Lovely day and going to be 21 degrees. Tomorrow the storms are back and only 15 degrees. I’m hoping for poor weather so we have another day at home. Sad I know.

Keep well everyone
Old 08-14-2020, 07:48 PM   #3945
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Kandie, happy birthday to you. Hip hip horray it’s your special day. Enjoy it all. Hugs

You share it with my closest friend.

I can post this now as I’m thinking Kandie will be asleep and will see it tomorrow in her day.

Kandie, remind me of the card I sent..ive sent so many and forget who I’ve sent what lol.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:54 PM   #3946
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jayne, I actually was a scrapper first but it got more difficult to do when the girls were little and so I switched to card making. I'd love to finish up the printed photos I have and get them all into scrapbooks. It would clear a cupboard in my living room! From there, I plan to go digital.

For me, the thing with scrapping was that it took me a certain amount of time to get into what I had been doing and then I might be able to scrap for a little while, then I needed to put it all away because I didn't have a room where I could leave it all set up.

I do want to get back to it at some point.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #3947
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, where’s the MM challenge. Maybe they are waiting to see what we do lol. You should be a hostess for it.........or Nancy....or me lol. Not me. I’ve enough on my hands at present even though I’ve got lots of MM ideas to share but will do those through my emails, I’ll get ours out so you have something to do...which happens to be your video and one by me lol.

Have a great day and I hope you get spoilt
Old 08-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #3948
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve posted my cards but they aren’t showing up in the gallery..I’m assuming as the keyword is not an official one. If anyone is interested in seeing them, just head to my gallery. I will definitely be making more.

They are there now..very strange.  Took them a while.

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-14-2020 at 08:53 PM..
Old 08-14-2020, 08:52 PM   #3949
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine I thought about doing the the same with my scrapping. Just scrap photos I had printed and then go digital. I just love the feel of paper and embellishments and sitting at a pc just didn’t do it for me, and especially as my job was in front of a pc for most of the time. I also saw that I would have to buy pretty embellishments digitally and with a room full of stash I thought I’d better not start another addiction lol. I do enjoy scrapping and I’m lucky I can leave any unfinished project on my table.

If we ever downsize there’s a company that makes cupboards which open out into a mini craft room lol, table too. Such a neat idea. If your DH does carpentry too he may be able to make you one. It had drawers, shelves and a table flipped out and it had some kind of push in system for the table top where your project could just slide away and then brought back out again the next time. Awesome invention. One is on my bucket list for our next home which definitely will be smaller.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:00 PM   #3950
Gallery Gazer

Happy Birhday Kandie, hope you had a wonderful day! Are you doing anything exciting?
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:02 PM   #3951
Gallery Gazer

Catherine thank you for showing your scrapbook pages, they are great, I forgot about the map burning at the start, wow seeI got Ben Cartwright in his study, id love to go there,
mcschmidty, cdimick, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:27 PM   #3952
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jayne, I prefer doing the paper scrapping too. However, the digitally created albums are so much smaller too, which is another reason for going that way once I've dealt with my printed photos.

I have looked at those craft cupboards before. They are so neat!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:35 PM   #3953
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy birthday, Kandie. Enjoy your day.

Jayne, for the MM challenge, I finally found my partial deck of cards, so I will try to get something made in the morning. I was going to try to start with the first challenge, so I watched the videos and then forgot what they had done. Duh!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:05 PM   #3954
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, can’t wait to see what you come up with. Jan...cooeee...where’s yours?
Old 08-15-2020, 12:14 AM   #3955
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, thank you for your kind comment on my cards. I’m heading to my play room. I need a fix LOL
Old 08-15-2020, 02:37 AM   #3956
Gallery Gazer

Catherine I started digital albums but I was trying to teach myself! Only managed the basics and the gave up but I have sets of lovely papers and elements that I pri get out sometimes.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:38 AM   #3957
Gallery Gazer

I’ve finally managed to post my cards and altered playing cards, it took ages for some reason.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:41 AM   #3958
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan I found it slow on the site when uploading too. Maybe there’s a glitch. I keep checking for yesterday’s MM challenge but nothing posted yet. Hope everyone is ok. I feel I want to jump on and post our challenge so people on the site have something to do lol.

I had some time in my room and DH had just said have i any plans for this evening. I said..well I can have lol. He said only if you want. So guess what I will be doing. Whoohoo..playing.

Anyone else crafting today?
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:00 AM   #3959
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone,

I have a heatgun from my DH, it gets really hot, it's from the hardware store.

Jayne, I would like to joine at the MM Challenge.

Yesterday we had only 28 C, but today it's up again to 32 C. Next week it is not getting cooler, that's what they tell us.

I'm not a scrapper.

I wish you all a good weekend.

Happy, Happy Birthday Kandie. I wish you all the best.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:13 AM   #3960
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning Dagmar. Gorgeous flowers for Kandie.

I’ll add you to the email for the MM challenge. I’ll send through the previous challenges in case you would like to do them. Awesome. The more the merrier. Nancy will be pleased.

Have a great weekend.