Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2020, 01:30 PM   #3841
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Signing off for now, thunderstorms hitting us right now!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #3842
Proud Fan Club Member

I was hoping to see the peak of the Perseids but they are calling for clouds overnight tomorrow. I may be able to see some tonight but not the 50-75 per hour that is possible tomorrow night.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #3843
Stazon Splitcoast

Church was okay it was young people night. So we got home early last night. And we tacos for super. Not much to tell! I wished I lived closer to you ladies too.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:49 PM   #3844
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone!

Kathy, I pray that your day got better. DD1 said work today was like a Monday on steroids! I hope your headache is gone now too. I have a sympathy headache but mine is related to Aunt Flo coming to visit. Is anyone familiar with that euphemism?

Today I completed a new to me work task that I will be responsible for monthly. I have done it for two months with the previous person who took care of it, but this was my first time on my own. I think it went OK, it's a little scary being on my own!

Kandie, when I got home from work I found a lovely surprise in my mailbox from you. Thank you so much! I look forward to playing with those lovely pages.

Quiet on here today, I'd better go get some chores done.
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:58 PM   #3845
Stazon Splitcoast

My life is some Quiet and broad everyday. That"s why I said have to much time on my hands, And forgot how to have funny.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #3846
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, Aunt Flo has not visited me since I was 39!! LOL!! But I do remember those sayings way back when. Especially in high school! They has some other not nice terms for it too!

Kathy, hope you are having a better evening!

Shelly, is your stomach better today?
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:19 PM   #3847
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello!

I got a sweet (and not blah) card from Jayne today- Thank You!!! How very sweet of you!!!

Catherine, Aunt Flo does not visit here anymore, unless daughters are here! I do, however, have stuff available just in case she stops by unexpectedly : )

Thanks Ann, better today!

Just looked at the color challenge and there are samples by our Alpha Kandie- how cool is that! Congrats to you!

Linda- I have a boring life too! I need to have some structure in order to not sleep half the morning….lol

My (previous) ESL student from last year- from Erthria, Africa and her 2 daughters called me today- I have not spoken with them since the pandemic. It almost made me cry! She could not read or write in her home language, but we communicated by charades quite well. I so miss the family- such wonderful people!

Kathy, I sure hope your day got better as the hours passed by!!!

There were crazy looters and violence in Chicago last night. We checked in with our daughter in Chicago- she is a few miles from downtown, so safe. Also, we had a storm blow through today, they had tree limbs down, but she is fine. We had damage in our town North of us at Wheaton college and lots of power outages, but this part of town is OK.

Anyone else have this crazy storm blow through?

After hubby is off work tomorrow, we are heading to Chicago to daughters place and will stay overnight and hang out there Wednesday. Hubby plans on working part of the day and daughter works until noon, so it's afternoon exploring for us! Her pup really misses my hubby ……….

Shelly
Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:51 AM   #3848
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, how is it Monday already, and how did it get to the 10th of August already?

Jan, thank you for the wonderful birthday card!

I’ve made notes all around my paper so I hope I can read them.

Nasty, nasty storms here yesterday, chain saws going everywhere cutting branches off cars and homes, and roofs tearing off several buildings. Around 10,000 without power. Not us, we are fine.  Updated to 30,000 just now.

Kathy, I will never ever forget your shelf in the backseat, lol!!! And I love PBS so will look up Bob Ross shows. Thanks!

Jayne, any future cards you receive may have to have squares of bubble wrap in them that you can stitch together and make yourself a protective wrap!

Shelly, have you ever been tested for irritable bowel disease or syndrome? All your symptoms are so very familiar to me as I have the same issues. Have you heard of Altoid mints? I highly recommend you buy a little container and take one or two when your stomach gets sour. They calm the stomach and will make you burp up the sourness so your stomach can get some relief. Peppermint candies work just as well and sometimes better. A total relief idea is to mix some baking soda, maybe a teaspoon, in a small glass half filled with water and then drink it down quickly. Immediate relief with lots of bubbles coming up. Watch greasy food and spicy also. Eat a bit of bread or some saltines before anything else, it helps the stomach stay calm. These hints are all based on stomach problems since I was 7. Good luck, I hope something helps.

Catherine, I’ll come to your house and take care of Honey for you!!!

Quit talking about roaches! Aaagh!

I have 8 huge bug bites on my upper left arm, and they itch so bad it is almost making me sick to my stomach. And not only itch, but my entire arm aches from it. I never saw a single bug, it must have been when I watered the flowers but I never felt a thing. Are those called no-seeums?

DH has headed out the door to work setting up another sale, so I am taking this iPad with me and immediately heading for the craft area, lol. Dusty Dog is doing her early morning snoozing, great time to sneak away and try to get crafty!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 08-11-2020 at 05:57 AM..
Old 08-11-2020, 06:27 AM   #3849
Gallery Gazer

Catherine I’ve heard Aunt Flo or something similar before!

I just typed and it said I was out of time, anyway I almost finished one card and realised it was too narrow so now I’ve started an envelope card, I was melting try to cut it and fine patterned papers but I cut most of them, will try to finish that tomorrow.

I’ve been searching for my silky dressing gown since last night, it goes everywhere with me, our son and DIL bought it me from Thailand about 26 years ago from their holiday, it’s one of those double sided ones and it’s easy to pack although it quite thick, doesn’t crease, anyway I’ve searched everywhere and thought I had washed and repacked it as before lockdown, we were supposed to go back to England within five weeks so I had left a few things ready, suddenly I looked under the bed in the spare room and found a small suitcase, along with my dressing gown, travel kettle and wash kit , I was beginning to thing I had lost the plot!

Steve gets bitten when he waters his veg plot, they are tiny black flies, you never see them but they sure do itch.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:29 AM   #3850
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I can’t believe your card arrived early, I posted it with An and Karen’s , Jayne still hasn’t received hers!
Old 08-11-2020, 06:33 AM   #3851
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Will be back to catch up! Spoke to soon about Athena not being sick! Poor girls stomach is bad and up to go outside several times during the night and so early this morning. My eyes are going shut!
mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:48 AM   #3852
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, if you think it was bad that it was Monday already, wait until you realize it's really Tuesday!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:51 AM   #3853
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Good morning, how is it Monday already, and how did it get to the 10th of August already?

Jan, thank you for the wonderful birthday card!

I’ve made notes all around my paper so I hope I can read them.

Nasty, nasty storms here yesterday, chain saws going everywhere cutting branches off cars and homes, and roofs tearing off several buildings. Around 10,000 without power. Not us, we are fine.  Updated to 30,000 just now.

Kathy, I will never ever forget your shelf in the backseat, lol!!! And I love PBS so will look up Bob Ross shows. Thanks!

Jayne, any future cards you receive may have to have squares of bubble wrap in them that you can stitch together and make yourself a protective wrap!

Shelly, have you ever been tested for irritable bowel disease or syndrome? All your symptoms are so very familiar to me as I have the same issues. Have you heard of Altoid mints? I highly recommend you buy a little container and take one or two when your stomach gets sour. They calm the stomach and will make you burp up the sourness so your stomach can get some relief. Peppermint candies work just as well and sometimes better. A total relief idea is to mix some baking soda, maybe a teaspoon, in a small glass half filled with water and then drink it down quickly. Immediate relief with lots of bubbles coming up. Watch greasy food and spicy also. Eat a bit of bread or some saltines before anything else, it helps the stomach stay calm. These hints are all based on stomach problems since I was 7. Good luck, I hope something helps.

Catherine, I’ll come to your house and take care of Honey for you!!!

Quit talking about roaches! Aaagh!

I have 8 huge bug bites on my upper left arm, and they itch so bad it is almost making me sick to my stomach. And not only itch, but my entire arm aches from it. I never saw a single bug, it must have been when I watered the flowers but I never felt a thing. Are those called no-seeums?

DH has headed out the door to work setting up another sale, so I am taking this iPad with me and immediately heading for the craft area, lol. Dusty Dog is doing her early morning snoozing, great time to sneak away and try to get crafty!
Are you sure you don't have shingles?????
Old 08-11-2020, 06:52 AM   #3854
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm working the polls in Wisconsin. Very slow. Only one opposed candidate.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:54 AM   #3855
Proud Fan Club Member

I saw a few meteors last night. The big show is to be tonight into tomorrow however the weatherman says it's going to cloud over tonight

I haven't seen Aunt Flo since 2004. She disowned me that year. She's stubborn like that!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #3856
Proud Fan Club Member

I made DH a blueberry custard pie and he forgot to take it to work!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:43 AM   #3857
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, all! Sorry I have been away for so long. I have read through the chatter. I had my DD and her fiance here for a few days and had some wonderful family time. I start looking after my grandson in just over 2 weeks, so I'm trying to get stuff done. I'm so glad I retired when I did. Going back into a classroom this fall will be crazy!

Sorry I missed the zoom call, it sounds like it was fun!

Great news from Karen!

Catherine, I hope you get to go on your vacation. It sounds like fun.

Congrats Ann and Gracie on the family engagements. DD is busy planning her wedding for next year.

Jayne, I love your style and your wonderful art work. Don't change!

Kathy, I too was looking forward to tonight's meteor shower but it's supposed to rain. Maybe they'll be wrong. I laughed at your comment to Kandie, I thought the same thing.

Kandie, I hope your day gets better after the shock of losing a whole day somewhere.

Hi Sharon, Shirl, Jan, Shelly, Linda and anyone I've missed.

I know I probably missed things but I need to get back to creating. I am making a book fold for a friend who is retiring from the forces and opening a new business. I have created his store logo into a pattern, but only have 3 days to finish it.

Have a great day!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:53 AM   #3858
Proud Fan Club Member

Ohmygosh, how did it get to be TUESDAY already????

Old 08-11-2020, 07:54 AM   #3859
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve had my shingles shot so I’m supposed to be good for years.....

mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:49 AM   #3860
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I was reading through the chat and Kandie, you confused me! I read your post, looked at when it was posted, checked again, and thought, "Hmm, I'm pretty sure it is Tuesday!" Glad you've caught up...where did you lose that day?

Good news, DH has the week off....mostly. He has to take his stuff with him so that if something comes up, they can reach him and he will be able to help, but, hopefully, that won't be necessary. Next hurdle, getting someone to come stay with Honey and Wesley. We have two different people in mind, a young man from church and my nephew. We plan to ask the young man first as he has been out of work since December (he still lives with his family) so we figure he could use some income. Hopefully he'll be available and willing.

Kathy, I wish Aunt Flo would disown me!

Shelly, I'm glad your previous ESL student called and you were able to connect as well as that your daughter is safe.

Kandie, sorry about your 8 huge bug bites. What do you put on them? I recently had something make a meal of my left leg and the bite area got big and red and so itchy. I sympathize with your itchies!

I'd love to have you come out for a visit - but then I'd want to stay here and get inky with you!

I'm glad you found your dressing gown, Jan. It sounds like a lovely one.

Sorry to hear that Athena's been sick.

Blueberry custard sounds yummy, Kathy!

Annette! It sounds like you've had a lovely time with family, yay!

DD2 is coming to work with me today so we can look for a new mattress for her after work. She really needs a new one. I'd better go finish getting ready. Chat with you later!
Old 08-11-2020, 09:46 AM   #3861
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Kandie, I loved your comment about sewing the bubble wrap.

Aunt Flo ditched me too. And also took the migraines. There is grace in menopause.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 08-11-2020, 10:38 AM   #3862
Stazon Splitcoast

We had some storms go through late yesterday, but nothing really violent. Thunder, lightning, and rain; some wind, but not all that strong. Sounds like there was a lot of major damage other places.

Today is much more comfortable humidity wise.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 08-11-2020, 10:53 AM   #3863
Gallery Gazer

Well our eldest GS is going to school today, with his dad in the car, they are meeting in the car park but aren’t sure what happening apart from meeting his new teacher, social distancing for now, he has a three person bubble for when they go into school, he’s pleased as he’s with his best friend , they are doing some zoom teaching and some days in class, he is just going up to sixth grade.They only have twelve in the class as it’s a private school! Younger one starts next week but they haven’t had the details yet.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:55 AM   #3864
Gallery Gazer

This morning Steve saw the weather forecast said rain stops in ten minutes, I opened the blinds, no rain, sun was coming out! It’s lovely and breezy tonight , lovely!
Old 08-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #3865
Stazon Splitcoast

My SIL, Sharon, says thanks for all the cards you ladies sent.
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:18 PM   #3866
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Passing thru to say hello!

Our storm did not give us much rain- less than 1/4". Too bad, ground is very dry!

DD1 came out here with her pup as her power is out and there is a power line down in front of her place. Pup is here and had to visit his friend, the dog next door : ) We just got him all good and worn out chasing the ball!
She is not in the downtown area, a bit west of there so no issues with looters in her neighborhood.

Jan, sounds like your GS's school has a good learning plan and small class sizes.

Hope everyone has a great day and can get inky!

Shelly
jan31, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:46 PM   #3867
Stazon Splitcoast

Annette, thought you'd appreciate this. A friend posted baby shower pictures on facebook and this was in there. I literally took a photo of my computer screen, so it's terrible focus.
Attached Thumbnails
img_3042.jpg  
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #3868
Proud Fan Club Member

Love it Melody! I have a pattern just like it.

My Gallery
Old 08-11-2020, 07:49 PM   #3869
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!

Tomorrow is a double letter day!!

The letters are "T" and "Y"!!

Keywords: ABC13TY20, ABC13, and your personal keyword

Have fun ladies!!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:35 PM   #3870
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!!

Sweet dreams!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:18 AM   #3871
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving and saying hello. I just posted my comment on the wrong thread and now I’ve lost it. It’s been one of those weeks. Yesterday was not a good day. Not sure if I had a bug but fortunately today I feel better.

To those who have visitors or are visiting, have fun. Ann, I’ve started my TY card..not sure when I will get back to it. Busy next few days.

Keep well everyone
Old 08-12-2020, 04:31 AM   #3872
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok just checking, but this is now Wednesday, right?

Dusty Dog got me up at 3 to go out, and then up at 6 because she heard DH moving around and getting ready to work with his son on an auction this morning.

Jan, our weather monitor, which is always within a degree or two of the actual temp outside, reads 60 but the temp on local tv says 72. DH says we must live on the wrong side of the tracks, lol.

And it sounds like your GS’s school really has a plan for the safety of their students!

Melody, well, you have to admit, sending bubble wrap to our friend Gracie is logical, lol.

What an adorable book baby gift!

I now have 9 bites on my left arm, all in one cluster, right on top of a psoriasis flare up, and it’s all swollen. And a new bite on my leg, just from taking Dusty out last night. Those mosquitoes must sit outside our front door with their table settings and napkins just WAITING for me to come out. DH says they hear the door being unlocked and they all yell LUNCH!

DH has begun closing the bedroom door so he doesn’t wake me up, I think I already posted that, I don’t like him doing that because then Dusty and I sleep too late and I miss part of my craft time. Anyway, I set my alarm to go off at 7:30, and I have the phone set for a daily wake up. This morning, of course, Dusty got me up early, and I picked up my phone from my nightstand to bring to the living room and saw a message on the screen. I’m not supposed to be disturbed until 7:30 (that’s supposed to be a bed icon). Apparently that message doesn’t apply to dogs!
Attached Thumbnails
566db352-196c-4567-a279-65cdd26cde79.jpg  

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:32 AM   #3873
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Jayne. I’m glad you feel better today. No fun feeling lousy.

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:12 AM   #3874
Gallery Gazer

Kandie we have to turn the notifications off as Steve’s kept updating all night waking me up and it also lights up,so much better!

I woke up To go to the bathroom, thought it could be morning but no only 1.30am, couldn't get to sleep, eventually I did drift back off then I woke up at 5.45am with a splitting headache so I crept out of bed to take a pill, I had been having a nightmare again, went back to bed and just lay quietly while the pill worked until Steve woke at6.45,
I decided I wanted to clean under the bed, we have storage baskets under the bed so they are heavy for me to move on my own, we put two in our en-suite and two in the shower room while I put Dora the explorer in there to do her stuff, then I mopped the floor before putting everything back, phew was it hot but another job off my list.
After shopping I spent two hours in my craft room, honestly I nearly threw it all in the bin, I tried to cut through three pieces of thick card together, id already stuck it down, I had to turn it over eventually but I managed it, then the next card that I’ve now made the same only different colours as ones fav colour is blue and the other green!!! It wasn’t quite dry so it stuck to the cutting plate,I think I can cover over where it ripped a little! Then the front edge I cut back to front, I was determined to get it almost finished today but I was literally dripping by the time I came downstairs, straight in the pool
Old 08-12-2020, 05:24 AM   #3875
Gallery Gazer

Jayne , sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well, pleased to hear you are feeling a little better today.

I presume there’s no more news from Karen? I hope she’s making progress and recovering from her operation.

anaesthetic always affects me strangely, I had to have tests before having an hysterectomy, just a morning and we were going away for the weekend in our caravan so Steve came to collect me during the afternoon and after going home for a while we set off, I fell asleep all the way to the coast, about three hours, we went for fish and chips and I couldn’t hardly stay awake to eat them, eventually Steve put the bed down and by 7.30 we were in bed, that was the whole weekend, me fast asleep, we still call it the lost weekend as I hardly remember any of it,LOL
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:37 AM   #3876
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, were you able to salvage any of your project? I did two playing card sample cards two weeks ago using toilet paper and was so disgusted the way everything kept soaking up all the color that I threw them both in a box and walked away from them. (That crackling noise you hear is me trying to sneak an oatmeal cookie from a plastic container... if Dusty hears me, she’ll want part of it and I don’t want to share). Today I’m working on a journal page, practicing with some stencils, I was sorting through small boxes trying to find a certain stencil and came across one of the playing cards. I laid it on the journal page and it actually looked decent so I glued it on. Good thing there are no rules in mixed media, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
417b72c1-37d7-4456-9b0d-5d6fe0fb2c6e.jpg  

Old 08-12-2020, 07:38 AM   #3877
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, same here,on anesthesia. If someone gives me that, they’d better be prepared for me to take one heck of a long nap afterwards.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:13 AM   #3878
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

I hear you on the anesthesia, it messes with me too! But for me my asthma plays worse for me coming out of it. Last time I had surgery for my tennis elbow, I came out in an asthma attack and I could hear them shouting that they had given me three treatments already. The anesthesiologist was holding me by the back of my neck upright.

Jayne, so glad you are starting to feel better. Yes, it was your die you gifted me on my card for today's challenge!! It worked out so well! Thank you!! Used today's letters again!

Kandie, must be the week of dogs not sleeping and stomach issues. Athena finally ate last night, but I could hear her stomach this morning groaning!

What is everyone up to today? I've got to wash sheets and hopefully finish cleaning up my craft space! And to try the Spirograph my youngest son got me, a just because gift. How many of you remember the Spirograph sets?

Ok I need to eat breakfast/lunch. I'm not one that likes to eat to early in the morning, it's a matter of I must with diabetes.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:41 AM   #3879
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Just another quick hello to let you all know I'm
thinking of you. I have to get working on this book again. It was
another stormy night on the couch for me. Farley wasn't as panicked this
time though.
Happy crafting!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:22 AM   #3880
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening,

we have a heat wave over here, it started last Friday and is ongoing. Today we had storm and heavy rain, but the temperature isn't going down.

Jayne, sorry to hear you haven't beeing well. I hope you feel better soon.

Melody, what a beautiful book-baby-gift.

Kandie this is a beautiful mixed media page.
My Grandmother told us,we should never leave the house without an onion. So if we got bites, cut the onion and put it on the bites.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.
I got paper hugs from Jayne in the mail. This is the beautiful mixed Media card. Thank you Jayne.♥♥♥