Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2020, 12:32 AM   #3801
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I think we have some that fly but everyone says they don’t but they very occasionally get on our roof, Steve says they climb walls which they do! Yuck.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #3802
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday. I made a few easy cards...I was determined to knock a few challenges off and did even though my brain and creativity still hasn’t returned. I look at cards in the gallery and swoon and look at mine and go blah LOL. Oh well, someone will love them.

It’s been a miserable cold and wet day here. The kids returned from their camping trip safely and my anxiety has abated. I think I will read now as I really don’t feel like crafting. I am beginning to think that my style is really MM and messy and the only things I seem to have some sort of success with. First I need to update my challenge list.

Oh I did do the watercolour challenge...twice. My first daisy looked as though it had no petals as I managed to get colour everywhere so I adapted it and now it looks very artsy LOL. The second attempt started out really good but again I managed to get coloured paint on the white so had to adapt that one too. I really am a messy crafter LOL. I do like my panels though even if they aren’t quite like what the lady in the video did. Let’s say I’m a unique crafter. Maybe I should start a blog with that. No way...I don’t have time to do everything I would like to do now.

I’m rabbiting....time to sign out. Have a great day
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #3803
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is still quiet here because DD1 is at work and DH is over helping build the ramp for the lady in our church who just lost her DH. This is his third time over there working on this project. I guess it is bigger in scope than they expected. Of course, it is supposed to be triple digits again today. Poor guys! DD2 is still asleep and when I went to get Wesley, she wasn't interested in moving so it is just Honey and I in the living room.

I've got the laundry going and hope to finish making DTGD samples that I committed to making. Then I'll work on some of the others just for fun.

Jan, I'm surprised in your visits to your kids in CA, that you haven't made it over to Tahoe for a visit. It truly is lovely all year long. Of course, for the least amount of road concerns, I'd recommend visiting in spring or summer - unless, of course, you are all skiers. Then you want winter! It is a popular destination year round.

I used to like planning trips but have kind of lost that. I'm not sure why. I do know when the girls were small and I had to pack my stuff and then pack for them, that lessened my enthusiasm. Now, I guess it seems like there is too much information at my fingertips and I get information overload. So I don't enjoy it as much any more, I'm glad DD2 loves it and stepped into that role.

Oh, I was going to mention, I thought I'd try making my own spray inks. I don't know how it will work but I have large bottles of beautiful liquid watercolor and thought that should work in a spray bottle. If it doesn't, I'm just out the low cost of the spray bottles I purchased. I'm going to give it a try.

Seriously, Jayne? Tim Holtz has a special box you can purchase for spraying your projects? I'm with you, why would anyone buy that?! With DD1's shopping problem, we have plenty of boxes coming in our house all the time! That is crazy.

You mentioned gloves, I should get some of those for my messier crafting forays.

Jayne, DD2 was having so much fun planning the trip - what we would do each day, menus for the week, etc, I was getting concerned about how she'll feel if DH can't get the time off. She told me last night she had so much fun doing all that, she won't even mind if DH doesn't get the time. She just had a lot of fun planning it! She made a presentation for us to see and then we made decisions from there.

I'm with you ladies, yuck to cockroaches. I don't think the ones that have shown up at the church are the flying kind since they are coming up through dried up pipes. But DH told me that they have flying ones in Tennessee. Extra yuck!

Jayne, your cards are NOT blah!!! I look forward to seeing your watercolored daisies.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:49 AM   #3804
Gallery Gazer

Catherine our DIL has taken the boys skiing at lake Tahoe although I think they now go to Montana. Not sure why we’ve never been, now the boys are at school it’s harder to find time, las time we went on a road trip to Vegas just with our son, it was great fun, he organised it all, lots of sightseeing to places we hadn’t seen before, we’ve done the route 1 trip to San Diego a couple of time’s, I like Santa Barbara and pismo bay.We did Yosemite too but no waterfalls in the autumn.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:04 AM   #3805
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I"m very jealous, I'll admit it, to all the traveling so many of you have done. Sigh.

Congrats on all the engagements. I still remember when my son told me he and his wife were engaged. They'd been together since high school and I wasn't sure it would happen. 10 years together, now almost 6 years of marriage. 16 years!!! Almost half their lives. She is an angel, as we call her 'practically perfect in every way.'

I just can't wear gloves to create. I've tried with the Marabu marbling, just hate them.

Catherine, triple digits!!! I would die. I know you live in a warmer climate for the winters. If there is one thing I hate, it's being closed up in the summer. Guess I'm meant to struggle with the winter.

It's hard to follow everyone's conversations and keep up. I'll do the best I can.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #3806
Gallery Gazer

I make sprays sometimes with my micro powders but I make so much mess!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:29 AM   #3807
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, yes, school does get in the way of fun trips. That was one of the beauties of home schooling, we could set out schedule and travel while others were busy in conventional school!

Jean, thankfully the triple digits aren't in the foothills where I live, they are down the hill where I work. I don't like the heat either, much prefer cooler weather. People around here complain about how cold it is and I don't even bother with a coat!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #3808
Gallery Gazer

Our DIL in SF has always been like a Daughter to us, she says we are her second set of parents, nothing is too much trouble, we love her to bits!
mcschmidty, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:46 AM   #3809
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon! Wow, I was so out of it today, I had to sit down and rest for an hour!

I thought I had checked in today but nope! Sorry everyone!

It's very warm here today too, currently it is 87 degrees and very humid.

So fun, Catherine, that you will get a vacation! Will it get in the way of DTGD?

Yes, working with gloves for crafting is not fun! I was doing a technique and just could not get what I wanted done so I took off the gloves! LOL! Fingers all colored but who cares, not like I am going anywhere!

This weeks letters are double, so put on your thinking caps for "T and Y"!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:49 AM   #3810
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Shelly, thank you so much for the gorgeous bday card and goodies, so appreciated!

That is one fancy fold card!!! Outstanding work, my friend!!
Old 08-09-2020, 11:50 AM   #3811
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

If I forgot to say it to others, thank you for the goodies everyone sent me for my birthday. So appreciated!!
Old 08-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #3812
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been cleaning for our company from AZ coming on Tuesday. It's going to be a busy week.

Jayne, your cards are definitely "blah." Silly gal!

Catherine, that is so cool that your DD2 loves planning your trip! I hope you get to go.

Ann, I hope your day is going well. I can't believe all the cards you've already made for DTGD the end of August. Question: For a hostess challenge, do you make just one card or more? I made 3 for mine. I haven't uploaded them yet. Do I write a detailed description or just a brief one? I still have to make my samples for hostess challenges that I signed up for.

Jan, I'm with you...I hate cockroaches! What good are they? Yuk! I like your tip about sealing off the toilet! LOL

Jean, I'd love to travel more, too. It's so interesting to hear about all the different countries and even the places in the U.S. It seems we just drive back and forth from Wisconsin to Arizona. We always have our 2 dogs, so no sightseeing.

Off, to make some more cards for DTGD. Have a great day all. It's so hot and humid here! I love heat, but this humidity is nasty!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:41 PM   #3813
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyoneI am hope you doing well? I am so broad and lonely not funny. we went visited the gave yesterday too. I saw karen is sick what happened to her? I was she saw get better. I am not sure what chat about either. Someone keep me company please!
jan31, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:54 PM   #3814
Proud Fan Club Member

I had no idea what a cockroach was until I went to Puerto Rico! We stayed at an old cabin in the mountains and had cockroaches and geckos n the house! The funny thing is I'm allergic to cockroaches! A couple years ago the doctors tested me for allergies and that was one of the things they tested for. I had no clue I was allergic to them because I have never seen any. When I went for surgery one time, one of the nurses asked me how I knew I was allergic to cockroaches and I had to explain that was one of the things they test for when you get an allergy test.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 08-09-2020, 02:18 PM   #3815
Stazon Splitcoast

Getting ready to leave for church 25 minutes!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:55 PM   #3816
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies. We picked up lunch and went to our son's to eat and watch baseball. We got home an hour ago, and now we have some storms rolling in. Wind has picked up and black clouds. I love watching lightning.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 08-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #3817
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That is awesome that you have such a good relationship with your DIL, Jan. I'm sure it is a blessing to both you and her.

Ann, did you make too many cards and wear yourself out? Hope you feel better today.

I hope we will get a vacation, we'll see what happens. If DH gets the week off, then we have to find someone to come housesit - more importantly, pet sit. We have a couple of people in mind, hopefully it will work with one of them.

Oh, Ann, I just uploaded the cards I have done for DTGD - both for my challenge and also for the challenges that I signed up to make a sample for. Would you mind double checking them to verify that I did it correctly? I've never been on this side of DTGD.

Gracie, there are a number of DTGD cards uploaded already. I kind of copied the format of the already uploaded ones. I might go back and add details of how I made them later. Right now, they just have brief descriptions more inviting people to join the fan club than details about the card. I made five samples for my challenge.

I'm partially with you, Gracie, in that I hate humidity but I'm also not a big fan of heat!

Hi Linda, enjoy church!

Kathy, I don't think I had ever seen cockroaches before the building wasn't getting enough use so they were coming up the dried out pipes. I could have gone my entire life without seeing them, that would have been marvelous!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 5 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #3818
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

What did you have for lunch, Melody? I also love watching lightning, quite the show!

Ann, I forgot to respond to your question. If we get to go, our vacation is Aug. 17-21 - so just before DTGD starts. I've already made all the samples I committed to make but plan to make cards for more of the challenges, hopefully that will happen this week before we go.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:43 PM   #3819
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine, we picked up from Asian Fusion, so we each got different. I had crab rangoon, shahi korma chicken and aloo naan -- all yummy.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 08-09-2020, 04:43 PM   #3820
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, your cards are definetly not blah. Someone somewhere has the statement in their signature that says comparison is the thief of joy. I definetly feel the comparison let down too sometimes. Just keep doing what you are doing!

Melody, I like watching stormy weather, as long as I am inside, lol.

Ann and Gracie congrats on the engagements in your family.

I have two cockroach killings under my belt. And they were big ones. One in Mexico in 1978, and one in Maui in 1979. Oh, 3, we trapped one but it was little and flushed it down the loo in Maui in 2014. Good times, lol.

Jean, I can't keep up with the chatter most of the time, lol.. Your dil sounds awesome! I have a step son that is awesome too!

Linda let us know how church went for ya.

We got out at 10:30 for a walk cause they said it was going to be hot. It was nice at that time, but starting to get very warm now. Tomorrow will be the same.

Got a simple card done for FS today! Ha, ha, definetly not Mixed Media, Jayne!

Shirl
Old 08-09-2020, 04:47 PM   #3821
Stazon Splitcoast

DH got Thai curry, but not what he ordered, DS got naan and sesame chicken (asian), and DD got chicken masala, naan and veggie simosa (I think). We kind of mixed nationalities.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #3822
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Asian fusion sounds tasty, Melody. Yum to Thai curry!

Yes, Shirl, comparison is definitely not a good idea, I have struggled with that too.

We have more hot weather headed our way...which is to be expected around here but doesn't mean I enjoy it.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:53 PM   #3823
Stazon Splitcoast

When I was first out of college, I lived in an older apartment building that had roaches. You could come in late at night, turn on the light, and see them run. The buildings were periodically sprayed, and if someone reported roaches, they would come and spray your apt., but we were pretty sure that they would just move to another unit, so we never really got rid of them. They were small, maybe about 1/2" long, and usually too fast to kill. I saw a really big one once where I worked, that came in a shipping box. That one was probably 1-1/2" long. Eeewww!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #3824
Proud Fan Club Member

1 1/2" is about normal in Puerto Rico!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #3825
Proud Fan Club Member

The ones we killed were at least 4" long and at least an inch or more in width and that is not counting their antennae. CREEPY!

Shirl
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:01 PM   #3826
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I started looking at your cards for DTGD. They are wonderful. I'm heading to bed and will make more comments later. I have to go visit my mom tomorrow, so I need to be well-rested.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:04 PM   #3827
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ewww, Shirl, those were huge!

Gracie, rest well, hope your day goes better than expected.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #3828
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello,
No creating today, sour belly again- if I eat, get belly pains and then.....

Anyway- yeah- Ann , glad my card arrived. Kathy posted that card style a while back and I have made one and thought it would be fun to make another.

Ann and Gracie- congrats on having sons with engagement announcements! Wahoo- weddings in the future : )

Linda, hope your church went well. We watched mass online. We can go with masks, but only 125 people allowed, so our priest asked us to let others have a chance to go as well, so we do not sign up each week. We will go next week. Our church is large and they really space people out, so there is definitely social distancing.

Jayne- blah? LOL you are funny, hardly blah! I do have a good number of sprays, and have a box I spray them into and store the sprays IN the box. I like to keep newspapers or paper towels from the bottom of the box for future projects : )

Jean, I have to work hard to keep up as well. If I posted daily, my posts would not be 4 miles long : )

Shirl- yikes- I do not like **** roaches. The first time I met one- I worked at a hospital in Chicago, and there were lots of roaches...also in their nurses residence which I stayed in on weekends and in the summertime. I would open patients bedside drawers, and **** roaches would crawl out...so gross.... But, not bigger than an inch. YUCK!!!

Melodie- your lunch sounds yummy!

Catherine- your trip sounds fabulous! I sure hope DH gets the week off.

Jan, so very nice your DIL is so wonderful- I love ours as well. Wish the girls would find a guy....hehehe

Waving hello to anyone I missed.

Shelly
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:47 AM   #3829
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning ladies. Hope that you all wake feeling awesome today.

Catherine, yep there’s a box TH promotes. I have forgotten how much it is but when I saw it my eyes rolled and I thought are they for real...we buy a cardboard box LOL. I keep all my Amazon ones and use those with paper towels and wipes in the bottom and then when they are dry, I use those in my mixed media like Shelly LOL.

I did the technique challenge this arvo...was fun and I’m happy with the results. Not as great as what Lydia did on her tutorial but still happy for my first attempt. I think the secret is to have very thin paint. I also did another watercolour daisy and now have 3 that look like fried eggs on a psychedelic plate LOL. They are pretty cool to me but nothing like they are supposed to be. I realised today that maybe I had used the wrong paints. I did my first 2 with acrylic paints and ended up using white acrylic paint to cover up my petals as they had disappeared LOL. Today I got out my watercolour paints and started again with still a similar result. I have now resigned myself to the fact that I am not a watercolouring person and especially with paints. Now give me paints I can slap/slop on, then I’m there LOL. The good news is I have realised what I like and can attempt LOL.

Catherine, how do you make your sprays? I have powders and could make them with those and also with gelato’s. I have so many bottles though but will consider making my own once they are finished.

Agree re the gloves...I put them on and within a few mins I toss them. I don’t mind inky fingers unless I’m going somewhere special. I’ve still got some blue ink down my nails...it just doesn’t seem to want to go LOL.

Ann, how are you feeling today? You have been doing so much I’m not surprised that you are tired. Take care.

We love our DIL1.....DIL2 too, but she is harder work at present. It’s taken a while for DIL1 to get used to us and us her but now she comes here and is comfortable just helping herself to a cuppa/bickie and comes with the little ones when DS is away. We also go and have dinner with her and the little ones or go out together.  DH refers to her as his favourite DIL although we try not to have favourites. DIL2 is still in honeymoon stage and doesn’t seem to think about in-laws or even her own parents. We can’t complain. As long as our boys are happy and the girls too, that is all we can ask.

Gracie, enjoy your visitors. How long will they be staying? Hope you have a fun time and that your visit to see your mum went ok today. You would laugh. DH asked to see my leg this morning and check out my bruises. I lifted my leg up and knocked my small toe on the side of his bedside table...the one I broke weeks ago. All we could do was laugh...it was hilarious and he just rolled his eyes and shook his head and said I’m a walking disaster at present LOL. My MIL has told me today that I shouldn’t be doing clumsy things now as it just gets worse as you get older. No hope for me then.

Melody, yum yum. You made me hungry mentioning all of the food. We love Asian food and have just had a chicken curry.

Thanks ladies for your kind comments on my cards and Shirl, yes, I shouldn’t compare with beauties in the gallery or on YouTube watching designers create. I love some of my cards and know my style and will stick with it. I just get creative block and then the blah cards come out LOL. Joke. I will check out your gallery.

Shelly, hope that your tummy is better today. Tonic is good for it (without the Gin LOL).

Waving to everyone else and hope that you all have a good day. Time for me to switch off and relax.
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:15 AM   #3830
Gallery Gazer

Just catching up on the chatter,

I’ve been trying to make our GSs birthday cards so I can post them from the UK, they aren’t until end October,beginning November but by the time I get back I will be rushing to make them, I’m making circle flip cards, it’s a work in progress, I made a template with paper as I cut two pieces of card and folded them wrong!
I've told our son so he will put some money in them, we always leave money with them rather than keeping bringing it home, we laugh that the same notes have been going between us for years as when we are over we use his spare car and fill the car up with gas but he insists on paying for it as we take the boys to school etc then he sometimes pays for craft stuff for me with his credit card so then I give him the cash, I always have a problem with JoAnns online, it never accepts our credit card, everywhere else does but them, our son laughs as they send him offers, LOL

Been to the port to shop and check the lottery, we won €4.45, mmmm what shall I spend it on, ha,ha, Steve’s been laughing at me as apart from buying beer, wine, olive oil and chorizo to take to England I’ve been stocking up on rice, pasta, toilet rolls etc just in case we come back and are in lockdown again as the next town is still in lockdown with police guarding the exits and ten more cases in our town but within the veg picking group.
I always take sliced sweet gherkins for our GS, he loves them, he eats chorizo as his mum is chopping it to cook.

Our youngest son rang last night, he was going to play Dungeons and Dragons via zoom, our eldest GS is really into it so a friend of our son who knows how to play it comes on zoom to play with him! His friends is 49, makes me smile as Our eldest was really into it when he was about fourteen, spent hours with his friends playing, our GS emails his uncle to ask him questions, ha,ha, funny how these things come back into fashion.
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:28 AM   #3831
Gallery Gazer

Shelly hope your tummy is better, do you take anything before eating?

Gracie hope you have fun with your visitors!

Catherine any news on your DH getting his weeks holiday yet?

Shirl I’m with you on being inside when it’s thundering and lightening, if I’m in my craft room upstairs I’m down the stairs like a shot if I hear thunder, my aunt used to hide under the stairs and cover all the mirrors over!

Our son in England makes Thai green curry for us, we have a lovely Indian restaurant just across the road, a. Three course meal for €12.95 plus a small glass of wine, beer or soft drink.

We have about seven Chinese restaurants in the port but in the town only ever had one that lasted a year and closed!
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:38 AM   #3832
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Yes, not so tired today! Did rest but signed off yesterday due to storms rolling through.

I'm cleaning out draws in my craft room! Throwing away old stuff that hasn't been used unless I can get the stuff to come back to life. Even though bottles of stuff have been closed up tight, they seem to still dry out.

Gracie, you can do any number of samples you wish for DTGD for your challenge! I think the most I've done as a hostess is six. I always think of something else and want to try it.

Catherine, I will check out your cards as soon as I get things moving this morning! Hopefully the storms will not be bad today, they are suppose to start up again this afternoon.

Dogs are waiting for me so I must run!! Athena starts stomping her feet at me if I don't get their breakfast going for them. She is so temperamental not like Iris who is so laid back!
jan31, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:02 AM   #3833
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Shelly, sorry to hear you have a sour stomach. Hope you feel better!

Jan, those cards sound interesting! I can't wait to see them.

Jayne, rest well, I'll have to check out your cards later...off to my moms soon.

Thanks Ann. I'm going to try to get my DTGD cards uploaded tonight when I get back.

Hi Catherine, Sharon, Kandie, Shirl, Linda, Melody, Annette and anyone I've missed. Have a great Monday!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:38 AM   #3834
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve missed so much chatter. I have written two pages of notes and am still not caught up so will respond to what I have so far.

Good morning!

Shirl, I have full set syndrome. If I see a video on a technique I want to try and it calls for something I don’t have, I blow my craft budget immediately by buying several of the product. I have some Dylusions, which are transparent and bright. I also bought a couple of TH spray oxides, and they are heavily pigmented and opaque. I think I prefer the Dylusions. Anyway, I learned the hard way to hold the bottle close to my project and at an angle, otherwise I get overspray EVERYwhere. And yes, I use an Amazon box to catch all the overspray, although I do think I need a bigger one with higher sides, lol. Preferably something I can sit in!

Jan, ugh on cockroaches. Enough said on that, Ick. Great idea about the cling wrap.

Ann and Gracie, congratulations on your sons’ and future daughters-in-laws’ engagements!

Sharon, I love, love, love Bob Ross. What show did you watch? I’d like to try to find the show here.

Catherine, future vacation, YES! Wonderful!

Jan, thanks for the tip on clearing spray bottles! I have a couple I’m going to do that to as soon as I get off here. And rabbiting is fun, especially when my iPad spellcheck changes the word to ribbiting, LOL.

Jean, my hands are so small, even XS gloves do not fit snug, and I absolutely hate them. I used to be so proud of my pretty nails (immediately after the manicure, of course) but since the pandemic came along I have not gone to any nail place whatsoever. Now I not only have no polished long nails, I also have proof of what I like to do every day! GET INKY! Hoorah, lol.

Estate sale goodies... well, the first place was modern and nothing we wanted, especially since it was Saturday and everything was picked over. The second place I found something small, I forgot already, and DH found two old old oil cans to put on a shelf in the back porch.

But the third house? Oh my. I wish I’d had enough sense to take photos. The house was in a corner lot heavily covered with trees and wildflowers, vines everywhere, odd little porch with two entrances only 2 feet apart, old wood with potted plants everywhere. Let’s see, my immediate impression was of a house the neighborhood children were fascinated by because an old witch lived there. Once inside it was impression overload. Bookcases and hutches covered EVERY wall, every surface was covered with pewter, the firm handling the sale said there has to be not hundreds but thousands of pieces of pewter. Shelves above all the windows covered with pewter. Books falling apart, oh YES, MM friends, I did buy some books for us to have more ephemera, including a Boy Scout manual from 1915 and music book from 1903.

I’m taking a photo of the books. Look at the chapters of the Boy Scout book. Each chapter seems to be a story on the scouts being in that place in time. Fascinating!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:47 AM   #3835
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Teeny tiny rooms, and odd corners that went to nowhere. Every wall space was full of clocks, every antique table had multiple lamps, including the,tops,of the bookcases. A narrow hallway that twisted and turned with doors in odd places. There was an old rickety wood patio with stairs down into more trees. Unfortunately it was blocked off or I would have been out there investigating. And in the middle of the largest room - a loft, made from huge log cabin/barnwood beams, a foot by foot square. Hardly any place to walk, the ladies running the sale said what was there was barely a third of what was originally in the house! I did find a unique high chair, not a baby chair but a kid-size chair high enough to read the table. DH said what and where are you going to put that, and I said, who cares!!!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 08-10-2020 at 07:52 AM..
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:43 AM   #3836
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Kandie, that house sounds so interesting! I used to love to go to sales Thursday thru Saturday, paper and pencil in hand! I would make a list to go in order. I could be gone from 7 until noon! Now I think it has been years! Remember the shelf that was stuck in my backseat? That was probably one of the last sales I have been to! LOL

Kandie, Bob Ross show is called Joy of Painting on PBS . Ours is three on Saturdays, it probably every local PBS runs it whenever, since he has been dead for years!

Shelly, sorry to hear of your tummy problems. No fun.

Stormy and dark here today. I walked half my walk and turned around today, because lightning scares me!

Jan, I hope your trip works out. Can’t wait to see your cards you are making for your grandsons. That is funny about your son getting Emails about crafts.

I can’t remember what I read. Ann, glad you feel rested. Wish I could part with old stuff in my craft room. I see jars of old stuff and thinks maybe I could add some water or alcohol and revive it. LOL. I did throw out old bottles of acrylic paint because when I squeezed to get the pain out the bottles were cracking they were so old! LOL
I hope all goes well for your visit to your Moms Gracie, and for your visitors coming.

Jayne, I love all your mixed media projects, and I love your creation process! You have fun, and that is what it is about.

Melody, I can’t believe you are still working on more organizing projects, they are all so involved and beautiful.
No comments on cockroaches, except I hate them!
Trying to get off here and into the craftroom.

Katherine, what fun that you get a vacation! Especially since you are going to be home schooling again, is that for sure, yet?

Hi Kathy! Hi, Shirl! Hi, Dagmar, Janet, Linda, Annette, Pat, Liz, Lynn, and the rest of my dear Alpha sisters!
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #3837
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies.

Great finds, Kandie.

Sharon, I actually really love making those practical items. But my problem now is making room on the table so I can actually create there with all my new stuff within reach. I need a total room organization there. Don't think that's going to happen.

And I agree, Sharon. I don't want to be outside when there is lightning.
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #3838
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! A quick check in as I am running late this morning.

No word from DH's boss yet, so still in holding pattern there.

Yes, we are definitely home schooling this year. The unknown is whether I'll be able to do it through the charter school that I want to use or if I'll have to be a completely independent home-schooler.

Kandie, that house sounds so interesting. Hard to imagine that what was in there was just 1/3 of what they started with as it sounds completely crowded!

Jayne, I don't know how I'll make the sprays yet - just put the liquid watercolor in straight or dilute it a little. I'm experimenting as I have large bottles of liquid watercolor to play with.

Sharon, I have been adding water to my dried up jar of glass bead glitter gel and it seems to be working so I haven't thrown that out yet. Hopefully, I'll get some good use of it yet. I did add a bit of it to one of my DTGD cards that I made last night.

I made a couple more DTGD cards last night but haven't taken photos yet.

Shelly, I hope your stomach is better today.

Ann, it is a good thing Iris is laid back so you don't have two demanding dogs!

Speaking as a DIL, I'm so glad to read of your wonderful relationships with your DILs. My MIL was a challenge and my DH changes when he is around his family of origin.

Enough about that, I'd best get off to work!
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:19 AM   #3839
Proud Fan Club Member

Does anyone know where there's a reset button for my day? I have a headache and I'm not even going to try and read back.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:33 AM   #3840
Proud Fan Club Member

prayers sent, Kathy. and hugs, too.
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.