Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-07-2020, 12:28 PM   #3761
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Kandie, I am so sorry you have to get on BP meds. I was the same way and fought it about the same time. But when I had cataracts surgeries, they weren’t going to do it until I got on meds! As for your hands, I feel bad for you. My surgeries made my arthritis worse and also the carpal tunnel. Be careful with those scissors! I think if you go to PT, at least they can give you stretches and exercises to do at home, to help daily. But my tech did say keep turning the crank on the big shot. I. Other words, crafting actions are good for you! LOL

I am with Kandie, holy cow! 7 hours? I just want to say I felt like the three hours I was on was a marathon. Then I couldn’t sleep right away, probably because of the excitement of visiting with you all. I felt good that I got two cards made while on from scratch. I hadn’t even thought of an idea, as you well know, as I was asking you all for ideas!

Katherine, lucky you getting to hear Lisa in person! Do you do their First5 app? I do every morning. We have gone through the entire Bible in 5 years.

Ann, and Jayne, think you for last night! Our alphas are so encouraging and inspiring! What would I do without all of you? Ann, yes tell your son thank you. And can’t wait to hear the happy news.

No, I didn’t get my walk. I had to turn around and come home, as it begun to rain, thunder and lightening. Luckily, I hadn’t gone too far. So only got a little over a mile done, 30 minutes. So got a lot of steps cleaning today, instead.

I wished you could have had better internet, Kathy. Miss having you on, last night. I kept expecting you back!

I did get my two cards loaded, and watched the video for the watercolor challenge, and want to try it, now.
Later..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #3762
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie sorry about having to go on BP. My dh is on it plus a diuretic and he goes to pee a lot. Here is a funny though, my nose runs pretty constantly. I always have kleenex around in every room and I am not on any BP. If I have to go on it, I might as well lie down and do nothing for the rest of my days, if it is going to make my nose drip, lol.

Arthritis is in my left wrist, but that is how we all like making cards, we just ignore that problem. Yes, crafting and cranking the big shot is better than stupid old exercises, lol.....

You guys zoomed for 7 hours!!!!!!!! Wow!

We walked to a really cool cafe for lunch today. It is a vegan place called Leaf and Stem. Just a little hole in the wall place. They make killer soups and pizzas. Avocado toasts, mushroom toasts. Everything is amazing tasting. Gluten free etc. Today's soup was carrot. I really couldn't taste that part. It seemed more like butternut squash, but not complaining, just sayin'.

Thinking of doing the Mix or free for all today.

I have been putting off grocery shopping, so that would probably be the smart thing to do. Food before paper, lol. It is cloudy but not cold today at all. A little more rain is expected tonight, but then some sunnier days coming.

Crafty wishes to all!
Shirl
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #3763
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello to all!

Yes, Ann, thanks to your son for the Zoom and thanks to all who joined- and for Kathy for sending the link. My link went out 4-5 times, but I could reconnect easily. I was able to finish one card, get it blogged and posted on SCS for the Crafters of Faith today. I worked at the kitchen table and laid out 4 cards that need to be completed (Christmas theme) so hubby would not hear us talking. I also watched the Altered playing cards videos that Jayne sent out for Mixed Media.

We did bring in Monarch caterpillars for the past 2 years- one year- 30! Last year 15 or so. Hubby and I decided we were NOT going to do it this year, but he was so excited to see so many caterpillars on the Milkweed plant, he dug it up and potted it and brought it into the sunroom Wednesday. We have 13 caterpillars and 3 chrysalis.
You can also order tags and place the tags on their wings, and the researchers in Mexico pay $5 per tag for people to come report tags on the butterflies- so you can check if your Monarch's made it all of the way via migration..... I do not have tags this year, as we were not going to do this... it id so amazing to see the cats go to chrysalis then butterflies emerging.

Catherine- have a wonderful day at the conference. I hope the ta;ls energize you heart and soul!

Ann- so amazed by all of the cards you create!

Sharon- I always thank God when it rains, not that I like it, but because the farmers need it and it sure makes the flowers look pretty! You can come here and clean anytime! I have to do some floor mopping yet today.

Ohhhh...Kandie, so sorry about the B/P meds and your fingers. We need to get sharps like scissors on a lanyard of some type and attach it to your work desk...although, if it swings....may not be the best idea! Bubble wrap- wrap your legs and feet before crafting!
I used to follow a European that was on that stamp companies DT Kandie- Stamping Matilda- she makes beautiful cards and also has some photography on her blog as well. I do not think I have any stamps from that stamp line at all.

Kathy- thanks again for getting me on the call. My daughter had stopped out at dinnertime and we grilled out and heard all about her school (charter school) and the angst the teachers are going through right now- all we can do- put it in God's hands and pray the best decision will be made. Her school wants teachers in the building even if they go remote, teachers are talking about striking..... Big meeting today.

I had better get off and get to mopping!

Shelly
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:15 PM   #3764
Proud Fan Club Member

DH's covid test was negative. I was pretty sure it would be. He was mandated to take it because he works at a !arge University.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 6 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #3765
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, my friend and I tagged monarchs at a local recreational/educational center several years ago. I even got the monarch newsletter from Jim Lovette until just recently. it was interesting.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 08-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #3766
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like you ladies had fun on Zoom. I didn't even try to get on, since it's a bit of a hassle for me to have DH set it up for me. I was just being my normal introverted self. I worked on my latest storage for ink -- a topper for my SU revolving wood rack that I won on this site quite a few years ago - big prize for VSN - random drawing. I have more ink than fits in it. Picture is on my blog.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #3767
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

DH got an ad magazine, junk mail, and was browsing through it. Then he rolled it up to throw in the trash and saw this. Too fun to waste!
Attached Thumbnails
086a8804-509f-42e2-827b-5ead2a556fcb.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:25 PM   #3768
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
DH got an ad magazine, junk mail, and was browsing through it. Then he rolled it up to throw in the trash and saw this. Too fun to waste!

Ha Ha! I love it Kandie!
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:25 PM   #3769
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay! Got inky today!
Attached Thumbnails
161ceb7d-b777-4360-b98e-025858d28f4b.jpg  

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:20 PM   #3770
Proud Fan Club Member

DH is watching golf, PGA. I am watching the watercolor video and pain a daisy.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:31 PM   #3771
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning/evening? Anyone want to go for 7 hours again...joking lol. I am heading up there once I move from my chair. It’s going to be stormy here this weekend although today is fine..for now..so what else to do. I will finish my altered playing card that I worked in more last night..it’s coming together ladies who encouraged me...and start another and then try some challenges.

Kandie, I would keep the John Wayne quote too. My dad loved John Wayne movies. Sorry that you have to go on BP meds. I’m with Shirl..my nose runs a lot so I would be permanently blowing it. I’ve already used a heap of tissues this morning. Be careful with your scissors.

Ann, I hope that you slept well and have a stress free weekend and the joy continues. Your son will look at his zoom account and wonder who was on that long. Please let him know how appreciative we are and to you for setting it up.

Shelly, I can’t wait to see the butterflies. Hope your DD’s meeting goes well and not too stressful for her.

Melody, I wish you had popped on. You don’t have to chat..I make up for the quieter ones lol although at times we had silence as we were all concentrating. It is just so nice to think aloud and then someone suggests something for what you are making. We had lots of laughs. I was hoping that Kathy would come back on. It’s tricky when the internet isn’t cooperating.

Catherine, hope that you had another great day at your Conference.

Sharon, hope that you get to your walk tomorrow. I’m going to try the watercolour challenge. Will check out your posts.

Where’s Annette? Haven’t seen her for days. Hope that she is going ok.....missed her on the zoom call.

Waving and saying hello to everyone. Time to start the day
annsforte3, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:33 PM   #3772
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! The two day Global Leadership Summit is over and, as always, was amazing! This year it was entirely virtual although several of us gathered to watch it at our church. DH was so happy to be there and see people other than the girls and me! It is a two day conference filled with leadership speakers from a number of walks of life - religious, business, politics, entertainment, and is so inspiring.

So Sharon, I wasn't listening to Lysa live - other than live via the internet. She talked about the importance of forgiveness to successful business practices and shared several business articles that were in Forbes and I can't remember the other magazine, that were about that very topic. Fantastic talk!

Shoot, I read all the chat but don't remember what it was except that some of it made me laugh.

I will add my thanks to your son, Ann, for the Zoom link. It was such fun to connect with you - and get my S card done.

Let's see, Jan, the meeting that I had on Wednesday and was dreading went well. Now I have to see if I can figure out how to do the changes that are wanted. It is actually beyond my skills in Excel but I'm hoping my DH can help or, if not him, google.

Too funny about Steve's twin trousers! I am more like a man when it comes to shopping. I want to get in, get what I want, and get out...unless it is a craft store. That is a COMPLETELY different thing!

Oh, and the fun thing about attending the summit yesterday and today the way we did it this year (usually involves going to another location for the two days but not this year, we stayed in our own church building) was that over the two days, I got to love on not one but TWO puppies! Such fun! One is a Bernese mountain dog puppy, Tahoe, who is only eight weeks old, the other one is a Cavapoo (I think that is what she said) puppy named Captain. Captain is 10 months old and looks a little like Honey but with black hair. Neither puppy was overly rambunctious and both were so sweet and fun to love on. So extra fun!
jan31, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:36 PM   #3773
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Jayne, we posted at the same time! Oh yes, the nose running. My mom had allergies and always running nose so she had tissue everywhere! When I looked through her clothes after she passed, I can't tell you how many pockets I found tissue in! lol

Oh, and my DH takes Carditone that we purchase from Amazon. It is a natural product that helps him keep his blood pressure down. My brother told him about it and it works for my DH.
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:37 PM   #3774
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight all! Didn't get to bed until 3 a.m. last night, so going to bed early to read tonight! Jayne, hope you have fun crafting. I did get 9 cards done and uploaded for the Dirty Dozen Monthly theme, so now I can focus on DTGD challenges...tomorrow, that is!
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #3775
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Gracie that’s a lot of cards. You Dirty Girls are amazing. Sleep well.
jan31, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:05 PM   #3776
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, Gracie, glad you got your fan club cards done. Is this your last month? Sweet dreams!

I think I am, for the moment, caught up on alphabet card commenting.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:50 PM   #3777
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine,you are still awake. I’m heading to my craft room for the rest of the day. I forgot to mention that yesterday we realised around 5pm that we had not even made the bed....so we just said, oh well, pull the doona up as we will be getting back into it later lol. It is made today.

In case anyone is interested I posted more photos from our NZ trip on the picture thread. Enjoy. 

6 months gone already for Gracie...surely not. Oh my.

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-07-2020 at 08:57 PM..
Old 08-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #3778
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I finished all of the DTGD challenges that are posted already! And a couple more...Not at all like me! LOL!

Didn't get the other weekly cards posted yet though! Too tired.

Too tired to do anymore! So I think I'm off to bed!!

Night all!
mcschmidty, jan31, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:06 AM   #3779
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Ann that’s a lot of cards. Sleep well. See you tomorrow
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:12 AM   #3780
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

No one awake yet? I had a good arvo in my play room. Hoping tomorrow I can be in there again..weather dependent but looking good..or not so good..depending on which way you look at it lol.

Well I’m Gracie again..or Sharon...or Kandie...I’ve just walked into our glass table, which I know is in front of the couch and somersaulted over it. I’m lucky I didn’t break a limb or my arm. I’m currently horizontal and one leg is throbbing. I think I will have a couple of beauties. DH says some people will do anything to get out of work lol. I have no idea what I was thinking except I was going towards the tv and for some reason forgot there was a waterfall glass table in the way. Oops. It wasn’t funny at the time but now I can see how ridiculous it was. DH heard me call out and found me laid out on the floor.

I’m recovering with a wine...my first by the way so I can’t blame it on that. The joys of getting older.

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-08-2020, 05:33 AM   #3781
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, oh no!!!! How are you? Somersaults over furniture is NOT cool. Do you need to visit your doctor? You may have sprained or broken something!

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:50 AM   #3782
Proud Fan Club Member

DH reminded me to take a BP pill this morning. I don’t want to. And the pharmacist said I may feel dizzy or disoriented. Shucks, I’m that way every morning anyway, I sure don’t need help to be a dizzy broad.

He’s pestering me... he wants to go to estate sales. I want to stay home and get inky. I guess I’ll go for a little while.

Jayne, good idea about making playing cards. I think that’s what I will do today. I tried that masking tape tutorial on my MIX project and learned the hard way not to use Distress inks on the tape, they just don’t dry! So I’ll try it again on a card and use acrylic paint instead. I don’t have many colors of acrylic paint, I guess that’s what made me use the distress. It gave me very inky fingers!

Not much to say this morning, I think I’m not awake yet. Oh. Today’s Inspiration Challenge is a fun website. Look at the bags on the site, they will make colorful cards!

Old 08-08-2020, 06:03 AM   #3783
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kandie. I hope you get some time to get inky again today. I'm planning on an inky day too. It's rainy here. Just and FYI: Jayne fell, not me this time! It seems like lots of us are "hugging" the floor lately.

Jayne, lots of wine and ice for your shins! Ouch! Glad your ok. Hugs!

Woke up early today, so after an hour of lying there, I decided I might as well get up. I've been up an hour and have been drinking coffee and reading which is perfect on a rainy day.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:16 AM   #3784
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve had a glass of wine and some port and the pain is subsiding lol. It wasn’t a cool thing to do. Still no idea why I thought there was a clear path to the tv from the couch lol. I want to go and finish my card but DH says I’m not allowed up the stairs. I guess I will read..or sleep lol.

Kandie I did some MM today. Such fun. I hope that you get inky. 

Have fun ladies
Old 08-08-2020, 09:51 AM   #3785
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all.

Kandie, I meant to comment on all the dylusions ink sprays you own. I can see them in the background of your pic of your inky hand. I was going to ask if you like them, but I guess you do as you have lots of colors. Are they easy to use? Do you spray in a box to catch the over spray?

Jayne, so sorry you fell. Accidents happen, I guess that is just part of life. I hope you feel better soon.

I am not awake yet either. I did manage to get groceries yesterday, but did not get a card made. My SU order came yesterday. I ordered the new incolor paper pack and two of the colors-magenta and misty moonlight are splotchy. They looks like someone tried to stencil a beige color on them. Will have to call the on Monday. I don't think they are there on the weekends.

hugs to all,
Shirl
Old 08-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #3786
Gallery Gazer

Steve was prescribed BP tablets when he first had his bypass, he kept feeling light headed and breathless, our friend is a nurse and said his BP was too low, eventually the cardiologist checked him over and said he didn’t need it, he’s been so much better, he never had high BP to start with so not sure why they prescribed it,
Old 08-08-2020, 10:58 AM   #3787
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I have one of those spray inks, they are very vibrant but too messy for me and takes ages to get it off the hands, I used a box to spray in else I had it everywhere.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #3788
Proud Fan Club Member

Wasn't it Oprah that said Maya Angelou said "When you know better, you do better". Well I knew better to change my good shirt when using bleach and have changed my shirt in the past. But today I have ruined a good T-shirt with a spot of bleach, which I noticed and tried rubbing it and it just created a large bleach area. Sheesh!

So, no, Oprah- I do not do better when I know better!

I am thinking of trying to embellish it somehow with something. Maybe get my sewing machine instructions to see if I can camoflage it somehow with some embroidery. I am rather mad at myself.

Thanks Jan for weighing in on the sprays. I am not wanting to get messier than I already am, lol.....

Some days, I should not get out of bed!

Shirl
Old 08-08-2020, 11:36 AM   #3789
Gallery Gazer

Shirl I’m a messy crafter so I can get messy enough with normal stuff.

I use a lot of bleach, our son said the smell of it reminds him of me as when he was single and we would visit him I would bleach the bathroom!
When we go away I pour bleach down the toilet and cover the bowl with cling film to keep out cockroaches, in summer we sometimes get them in the garden and they come up the pipes if the water evaporates because the toilet doesn’t get flushed if we are away, we’ve never had any inside but our friends who had a holiday home used to have them all over the bathroom, yuck, mad I know but I’m terrified of them.
I have powder outside of both gates just in case.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:11 PM   #3790
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!!

Had a zoom with all my extended family today!! One of my uncles bdays today!
Nice to hear from all of them!!

The good news from son in California, HE IS ENGAGED!! Some wonderful news for a change. He loves that we all zoom and stay connected!

It's hot and humid out today so it's inside for me today!

What is everyone up to today?
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #3791
Proud Fan Club Member

Great news from your son!

Daily Scripture Thread

jan31, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:15 PM   #3792
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sitting here and just looked through all the birthday cards I have received from all of you!

Wow! Thank you again to Polly, Kathy, Melody, Sharon, Karen, Shirl, Jayne, Annette, Jean, Kandie, Dagmar, Catherine, and Pat

The cards are so gorgeous and I'll enjoy them for a long time!
mcschmidty, smadson, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:46 PM   #3793
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I sent yours on Monday, so it should get there soon!

Congratulations on your son's engagement! Guess what I just got a text and my son in Minnesota just got engaged too!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #3794
Proud Fan Club Member

Great news, Ann! As for all your cards. You are loved!

I uploaded my watercolor Daisy. DH like it!

Kandie, thank you for the happy mail. Now I can’t wait to ise it and the surprise in it, too.

DH and I watched Bob Ross together this afternoon. Our favorite Saturday show!
He did painted with gesso blacks, greys and white, then dried it, then put clear something on it, then painted oil on top of that. Amazing. Don’t know why everything is underlined.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #3795
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Congrats to your son, Gracie!! Love is in the air for our boys!!

I counted up all my birthday cards and I am at 50!! Wow, looking at all of them sure has brought me out of my downer today.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #3796
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, thanks for the goodies I got in the mail today! Cool paper and vintage valentine!

50 cards! Wow! Yes, Ann, Coronavirus can't stop LOVE!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:33 PM   #3797
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Congrats to your son, Gracie!! Love is in the air for our boys!!

I counted up all my birthday cards and I am at 50!! Wow, looking at all of them sure has brought me out of my downer today.

That's a lot of birthday cards! I got 19 and thought that was a big number!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 06:26 PM   #3798
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! How is everybody? We are having a lazy day. My DH and DDs decided that we are going on a 5 day vacation to Lake Tahoe Aug. 17-21. DD1 and I have arranged for the time off. For me, that was asking my boss, for DD1, that involved finding people to cover her shifts. Now we just wait to see if DH can get the time off as well. I guess they decided that, since we won't be paying private school tuition for DD2, we can take a short vacation. If DH gets the time off, we'll see what it is like to do things at Tahoe in the current climate. DD2 is busy planning the week, the menu, etc. We have an Airbnb reserved and we'll see what happens. I love that DD2 is busy planning it, so glad she enjoys doing that! It is funny to me because when I have gone places with my parents, my brothers & their wives, and my DH (before we had kids), some place like Disneyland, they would all follow my plan to go through the park. I always thought it funny that the entire family was taking directions from the youngest child and now she is doing the same thing...with my blessing! Here is hoping DH gets the time off too.

Ann, I got my sample for DTGD challenge finished today.

Oh no, Jayne! The furniture isn't for tumbling on. I hope you are doing OK today, you'll probably have some soreness. Perhaps you should get new tables and have them be a color instead of glass!

Kandie, did you find anything at the estate sales?

Gracie, rain would be lovely!

Shirl, glad you got groceries. Sorry the SU ink has problems and sorry about your shirt. I'm always concerned when using bleach for that reason.

Jan, we have had problems with cockroaches in the church building for that reason - the toilets aren't getting used because church is online only and the sinks aren't getting run so the cockroaches come up through the pipes. Disgusting! I had no idea that would be a side effect of the stay at home order.

Congratulations to Ann's son and Gracie's son. Exciting times!

Wow, Ann, 50 birthday cards? That is amazing! Kathy, I agree with you that 19 is a big number for birthday cards received too.

Sharon, your white watercolor daisy turned out so pretty! Great job!

I have another DTGD sample card to make and then I'll have made all that I volunteered to do but I'll probably make more. I haven't photographed any of my samples and uploaded yet.
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:32 PM   #3799
Gallery Gazer

Ann and Gracie, such good news on the engagements.

Ann I’m sorry your card didn’t arrive, I was hopeful as our GSs Nanny’s arrived although two days late! 50 cards, that’s amazing,

Catherine your trip sounds lovely, that’s one place I’ve always wanted to go, it always looks beautiful. I always lovely planning trips, I love looking at maps too although now of course we had Sat Nav but it was the planning I enjoyed, I would spend the winter planning the next years holidays in our caravan, I miss that!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:42 PM   #3800
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, Congratulations again to your son and his fiancé. Wow her ring is gorgeous. Congratulations to Gracie’s son too. Weddings to follow. Exciting time for you all. I love weddings and births.

Shirl, I do that. Use bleach and say it will be ok and I can’t be bothered to change and then ruin a good pair of jeans or top.

I have a few of the spray inks and usually use a box to spray into. I made my own from an Amazon box. Why would I buy TH’s box..it’s a card box box and was so surprised that he was selling one. I can’t believe people would spend good money to buy a card box box. I sometimes am lazy with those too...I sprayed the other day on my craft mat and it went everywhere. Fortunately I had moved some photos sitting there but I have been known to spray those at times. Thank goodness for baby wipes. I also get very inky hands. I should have taken a photo of my hands last weekend when I made my mermaid card. I forgot to put the disposable gloves on..another thing I’m slack with.

Catherine..yay to holidays and it’s good that someone in the family is organising things. Our eldest boy does that now. It used to always be me.

The kids are home from their camping trip..phew. I’m glad as the weather is horrendous and pulling a caravan wouldn’t be nice. A storm is expected later so what else is a girl to do...but play lol. It seems DH has booked himself out for the day so I will do my thing.

I have a cut on my leg and no bruises yet but I’m sure they will appear today. All good. I did tell you my middle name is calamity. My family used to call me that lol.

Cockroaches..yuk....we get them here and flying ones. We rarely get one indoors. I would freak out..yuk yuk yuk. Jan you made me laugh about cling filming the loo. I was cling filming all my jars in my craft room yesterday. I also was given a tip on spray inks as mine won’t spray. A lady at the craft store told me that after using them I should remove the spray top and wash through it and they will work again. I did that yesterday and yay they work. Small things.

Wow Ann 50 cards..that’s amazing. Even 19 is a lot. I think I got 14 this year and that was a lot for me as most of my friends don’t send cards. I got a few from you ladies..thank you. Sometimes one son doesn’t send either. You are loved Ann and so you should be.

Have fun ladies. I need to check out Sharon’s card and then play..yay
mcschmidty, muscrat, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.