Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-05-2020, 01:16 PM   #3721
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I just sent an email to Karen. I just copied and pasted what you said. I am sure she will appreciate your kind message!

Shirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-05-2020, 02:46 PM   #3722
Proud Fan Club Member

Great news about Karen! Thank you for the update. Will keep praying for sure, and send more cards!

If we Zoom, I don’t think I kept a link from Ann. So , someone send it please.

I have been gone all day, and walked earlier too, and am zapped. I will be zapped tomorrow too, because will Walk and be gone tomorrow, too. Hair cut and nails. Can you believe it has been five weeks already? I will try to get home to get a nap before our chat time. .
Shirl, good for you getting the tea pot challenge done. I have that and S to do, and I am wanting to get some others done, too.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:37 PM   #3723
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Anyone who tries the slimline card today for the tutorial can use S for Slimline!

I’ve done 4 bgs this afternoon, each one with a different way to use the ink, for next Tuesday’s color challenge. That gives me 5 days now to figure out what else to do. It will take me that long, I’m quite sure. I did one bg from a TH video, using both inks and oxides, one with blended colors spritzed with water, one with rock salt, and one with the same colors in the sprays.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #3724
Proud Fan Club Member

Has anyone tried the Darkroom Door stamps yet? That’s a new name to me.

mcschmidty, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:49 PM   #3725
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving Hello!

Kandie- Happy Anniversary- wonderful card for your hubby! We get blasted on March and April with family Birthdays! Funny how that happens in so many families!

Ann and Shirl- thanks for the great news about Karen! I think I would not suffer well... or so positively!

Ann- Thank You- Zoom will be great! Keeping you in prayers and hope the stress is minimal overall!

Kathy- I do the same- lists are in my head, but I seem to accomplish things from the 'other' list as well. Still getting something done!

Catherine- hope all works out for DD2 for her High School! And, yes, Starbucks has been great to employees! I think my daughter will have to go back- she also likes to spend $$$

Jayne- prayers for your friend! I grew up barefoot often, but I have ankle issues, so have to wear something inside- doc recommended Crocs..... My kids seemed to like to wear their white anklet socks outside and no shoes. I used to charge them a quarter if I caught them- darn socks get all black on the bottom : ) Son went and bought black socks- yeah!

I had Mom here for 2 years, luckily she was delightful. I hate to admit it, but if it had been my father- Oh my! It would have been a huge challenge!

Chicago, will be virtual learning when they go back, so that is a relief for my daughter. I saw a teacher at Physical Therapy yesterday and she is all in for going back to school here. Prayers for the safety of all!

Gracie- good luck getting all of those cards done!!!

Shelly
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:54 PM   #3726
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, I have a couple of Darkroom Door stamp sets. Bought them on a facebook sale. I've not played with them very much.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:18 PM   #3727
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Has anyone tried the Darkroom Door stamps yet? That’s a new name to me.

I know someone who has some They are an Aussie company
mcschmidty and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:22 PM   #3728
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann and Shirl thanks for the great news from Karen. So happy to hear that she’s going ok. I’ll send her more hugs and cards.

Ann, thanks re Zoom. I can send the link out to everyone again. I have your original email. It’s 8.30am my Friday morning, your Thursday evening. I hope as many of you join in as possible. I’ll be on for a few hours as nothing else to do that day. Yay. I’ll send it today. 

I haven’t crafted since Monday. I have to send my tickle card today. That means I have to go to the PO...eek.

Waving and sending hugs to you all.

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-05-2020 at 05:30 PM..
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:46 PM   #3729
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Shirl for sending my message to Karen, I’m was happy to hear the news, especially that Karen was able to send the message herself,
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:47 PM   #3730
Gallery Gazer

Jayne be careful out there LOL!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:57 PM   #3731
Gallery Gazer

I’m hoping it might be cool enough for an hour in my craft room this morning although we have to go to the accountants at some point , they rang to say we have to collect our finished accounts and pay today, I think they are giving everyone a different date so we don’t all go in there together as they normally close during August. We have to file accounts every year even though we don’t pay our taxes in Spain, it’s so we can have medical care etc, although our government pay the spanish for our health care! We could do it ourselves but the tax man isn’t someone id like to get on the wrong side of so it’s worth €100.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:51 AM   #3732
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladies, I’ve emailed you Ann’s zoom info again. I couldn’t send to Liz as it bounced back. If anyone has her correct email and could forward it, that would be great.

Jan, we’ve also arranged our meeting with our accountant to do our tax returns. It’s that time of year.

I won a bottle of wine today...whoop whoop.

I’ve also been on the phone with Apple as my new phone won’t hold its charge. Honestly. It was the reason I bought it. They assisted me with turning off some things and want me to see how it goes the next few days. For the amount I paid I will be pushing for a replacement phone if it is still no better. I’m beginning to think me and phones don’t mix.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:31 AM   #3733
Gallery Gazer

Jayne that is so annoying when you buy something and there’s a problem, Apple are usually pretty good in our experience.

Well done winning the wine!

We got a whole €7.00 back each from the tax man, not sure why as we don’t pay tax here
Although we did have some Isas until last year, Must be tax from that As we had to claim the tax back that they charged us, it always worries us as the first time we met Juan Pedro he asked if we paid house tax which we do but we didn’t have the receipt, he said no worries, went on his computer and got our details from the council Records!!!
Old 08-06-2020, 06:02 AM   #3734
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Jan and Jayne. Good morning to everyone not awake yet!

We tried to get in to file our taxes but H&R Block, the company that has done DH’s taxes for 30 years, would not return his calls to set up an appointment. So we did them ourselves using the online program TurboTax. The Federal IRS were happy with the result but the State sent us a letter saying we owed a whole bunch more than we figured. As it turned out, we forgot to send along the tax documents we had received, so there was no proof of our numbers! DH went to the local office and the nice woman he talked with laughed and said a lot of that was happening because the tax people didn’t want to deal with anyone during the pandemic so people were doing their own taxes and forgetting stuff! She was real sweet. He just has to take her the proper paperwork and she will help him adjust the numbers.

Melody, I found the Darkroom Door stamps on Amazon for the first time. They seem to have some really nice and very different stamps from the usual. I ordered a couple.

Bragging about the company, Jayne? Lol. I like their quality and different images a lot!

Doctor appointment for me today at 1, although I have no idea what for. Because of the virus, my insurance company has set some specific guidelines. Even my doctor wasn’t quite sure why this appointment was necessary. Maybe I’ll go in, pay my co-pay, and sit and have a nice chat with my doctor, and that will be it. . Making sure I’m wearing a mask, using hand sanitizer, and following the social distancing protocol, maybe? Who knows. But since I’ll be out..... I believe my car knows the way to Hobby Lobby, JoAnns and Micheal’s craft stores by heart!

Not that I need anything. But since when has that stopped a true crafter?

It’s another lovely day, 61 at the moment and high in the 70s. Last day this week for this weather, it all goes back to rain, heat and humidity tomorrow.

I received my CC800 gifts! Two beautiful Oxide ink pads and two darling stamp sets, I’ve of snowmen and one of a darling little girl and birdie. I love them all.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:13 AM   #3735
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Ladies, I’ve emailed you Ann’s zoom info again. I couldn’t send to Liz as it bounced back. If anyone has her correct email and could forward it, that would be great.

Jan, we’ve also arranged our meeting with our accountant to do our tax returns. It’s that time of year.

I won a bottle of wine today...whoop whoop.

I’ve also been on the phone with Apple as my new phone won’t hold its charge. Honestly. It was the reason I bought it. They assisted me with turning off some things and want me to see how it goes the next few days. For the amount I paid I will be pushing for a replacement phone if it is still no better. I’m beginning to think me and phones don’t mix.
My son has had several apple I phones and each time he's had charging issues. Mostly they wouldn't recognize the charger cord so they wouldn't charge. We are all on android phones now. DH and I got new Motorola (Moto G7 power) and son has Samsung. This particular Motorola has super batteries. Turbos that take two hours to charge and I charge every 5-7 days! I text a lot, make calls occasionally, and internet stuff occasionally. I turn it on after I charge it and don't shut it off until the night I am charging. DH turns his off every night. I hate shopping for phones and I hate setting the new ones up, but I believe God knew what was coming and sent me to the store for phones in October. And my son was able to help us transfer everything over smoothly. PTL!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 08-06-2020, 06:14 AM   #3736
Gallery Gazer

Kandie we used to have to travel around SF by bus so everything seemed miles away but since we’ve started using our sons car we’ve found that joanns and Michaels are ten minutes away, now joanns have moved but it’s where we sometimes go for a ride! Target used to sell quite abut of craft stuff but the last few years they seemed to only have a few things, I always have a look in dollar tree too as they have a few bits too.Steve Hates me going in dollar tree as I like to have a good look round, he’s a get what you want and leave person.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:19 AM   #3737
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Hi Kandie, enjoy your doctors visit!

Have anyone of you that are on Medicare done the "Welcome to Medicare" doctors visit? I wondered if it was necessary for Medicare? I have one coming up but not sure I want to venture out to the large medical building with all the virus stuff increasing.

Thank you so much Jayne for taking care of the Zoom invites and sending out again the link! Works for me this evening! I need girl/craft time!

Congrats, again, Kandie on your win!! Awesome prize!

No barefoot here! With back issues I always were shoes. Got this way too from carrying around five sons on my hip for years! Needed the support and I used to wear high tops when the kids were young. Sprained my ankle twice in the same spot so I try and be careful as to not do it again or it would be surgery to fix it.

Off to get stuff done before we Zoom tonight!!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:21 AM   #3738
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Kandie we used to have to travel around SF by bus so everything seemed miles away but since we’ve started using our sons car we’ve found that joanns and Michaels are ten minutes away, now joanns have moved but it’s where we sometimes go for a ride! Target used to sell quite abut of craft stuff but the last few years they seemed to only have a few things, I always have a look in dollar tree too as they have a few bits too.Steve Hates me going in dollar tree as I like to have a good look round, he’s a get what you want and leave person.

once read something funny. It said when it comes too shopping, women are like slow cookers and men are like hunters. They want to shoot it, tag it, and take it home! Not sure of the exact quote.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:26 AM   #3739
Proud Fan Club Member

I just researched the term and got quite the surprise. I had heard it used in reference to shopping "women are like slow cookers and men are like microwave." Its actually referenced a lot in conferences on s*x! LOL I wonder if the christian speaker I heard knew that? LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 06:45 AM   #3740
Gallery Gazer

Kathy , made me smile, I like the slow cookers and hunters quote. That’s true unless they are shopping for tools!

Steve once went out to buy new trousers, he was so pleased to tell me how he walked in the first shop, saw them, paid for them, when I saw them I told him they were identical to the ones he had, even the same colour! After that I always called them his twins trousers.
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:10 AM   #3741
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann, those medicare things... Although I'm the one on medicare, we put DH's phone number and email, so he gets the 'invitations', except for the ones that come in the mail. They are always for home visits, and usually include an incentive of some kind of gift card. I've never done them. I think DH wishes I would, if only to get the gift card, but I feel like it's kind of invading my privacy. Hate going to the doctor, and I sure don't want some nurse coming to my home.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #3742
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m sitting in the waiting room. Wow, what restrictions. I couldn’t get in the door until a lady with both mask and clear shield let me in, she stood 6 feet away and asked me a bunch of questions and then took my temp, and only then was I allowed inside. I’m very glad to see my doctor taking such care.

And on the way here I saw several people sitting outside at tables visiting with others, and they were all wearing masks! Yay!

DH is a slow walker, very slow, people walk around him all the time. He drives me nuts when we shop. If I don’t see what I want, I move on. He strolls. If I’m not careful, I’ll lose him in a crowd.

mcschmidty, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:29 AM   #3743
Stazon Splitcoast

Ha, Kandie. I sometimes shop with my daughter and end up texting her to find out where she is in the store. LOL
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:32 AM   #3744
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lots of chat today!

Good luck at Doctor Kandie! Congrats on your winnings! YAY

Jan, twin trousers...made me laugh!

See many of you tonight...so I'd better get some mojo going. I've been a slug this morning!

Ann and Melody, I try to stay away from doctors, too. My personal physician is a young lady in her own office...no big clinic. I like that. She is affiliated with a larger clinic. She answers the phone and is the nurse and cleaning lady! LOL

Shelly, how wonderful that you had your mother with you for 2 years and that she was delightful!!!

Catherine, hope your meeting went well yesterday!

Kathy, so funny about that quote...women are slowcookers shopping and men are like microwaves.

Have a great day all! I must finish my cards!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #3745
Proud Fan Club Member

Woke up to a downpour this morning. We need it. There are forest fires burning, I think about 30 so far. Back to dry this afternoon and for the next few days at least.

Washing sheets, baking blueberry muffins, and mulling on a card for Q.

Kandie I only have Deep Red stamps, no Darkroom Door.

Shirl
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #3746
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, I like Deep Red stamps, they have such defined detail and stamp so beautifully. I believe I have three of them.

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:11 PM   #3747
Proud Fan Club Member

The ones I have are waiting for me to ink them up, lol. I did make a card for U, using one of them.

How exciting to win those goodies, Kandie. Any pictures?

Shirl
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #3748
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm on zoom already if anyone else is ready!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #3749
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Be there soon Ann. Just finishing brekkie. Catherine will join us later.

Kandie, Darkroom Door are expensive so I don’t have many lol.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:00 PM   #3750
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

I did not get zoom link, went to the older one and it does not link me.

I am creating tonight, so if I see link will join!

Shelly
Old 08-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #3751
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, I pm'd the link to you. My internet is wonky tonight. I think it's because my son is playing a game online

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:44 AM   #3752
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly I didn’t realise you hadn’t received the link. I didn’t check the emails. I just forwarded Ann’s original email. Ann we may have some ladies missing? I know Sharons email kept bouncing back and I had to resend it as she had a y missing..lol. I couldn’t get to Liz either.

Ann, please say a huge thank you to your son for allowing us to use the zoom. It was awesome. Thank you ladies for your company. 

Gracie, Shelly and myself have just logged out....7 hours later for me lol. What a hoot. I had such fun and even though my iPad screen was covered in paste and spray ink it was worth it lol. Next time I am joining Shelly and having a wine. I’ve just had leftover lunch and soon it will be dinner here. It only took me 7 hours to make one card, one altered playing card and a third of another. Let’s say I’m slow. Kathy, sorry you couldn’t join us or hear us. Poor Gracie was unstable for most of the time but we are used to that Lol...love you Gracie. She kept freezing and so Shelly and I would do our impersonations. Oh my wait until you see what everyone made. I love our craft get togethers.

Oh yep and we saw Shelly’s caterpillars.

Sleep well and see you later. Hugs

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-07-2020 at 01:10 AM..
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:55 AM   #3753
Proud Fan Club Member

Seven hours? Did you say seven hours??? Holy cow, that’s a marathon session!!

mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:00 AM   #3754
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, I noticed the price of the Darkroom Door products. I ordered one, on Amazon, just one, because I want to see how the quality is. I’m not used, however, to pay 15 to 25 dollars for a stamp, so this will probably be the only one I buy, unless they show up in the craft stores and coupons are available.

Good morning, everyone!

Old 08-07-2020, 07:01 AM   #3755
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I CAN believe you guys stayed on that long!! So funny and so nice to have company to craft with and chat with!

Thank you, ladies for all you do for me!! You keep my spirits up!

Son said he is so happy that he can do the zoom link for us! He's in happy land right now!! He has to call the rest of family in the next few days, so no mentioning his news right now!! Happy happy!!
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:13 AM   #3756
Proud Fan Club Member

I was disappointed in my doctor visit, but I have to say, I love my lady doctor. She takes time to talk about things. I have been fighting against being put on blood pressure medicine for three years, but after the tech took five readings, two different machines and then the old-fashioned pump kind, I had to admit defeat. And my right hand fingers are definitely bending the wrong direction, the psoriatic arthritis is in all five fingers now. She wants me to get physical therapy but I have to say, how much therapy do we get with all our crafting anyway? All kinds! And the psoriasis is flaring up all over again. Ah well. I was kind of bummed, but instead of going to Dairy Queen for a cheer-up treat like usual, I went to Hobby Lobby instead! Dairy Queen probably would have been cheaper, lol, but I wanted to try those TH stencil brushes. I’m losing strength in that hand because I can’t close the fingers all the way, so I supposed I’d just better practice keeping my feet out of the way when I’m holding sharp objects, LOL. (I dropped the scissors on my foot twice on Wednesday!). All in all it really wasn’t a bad visit. She warned me the pills would make me go to the bathroom more. How much more can I go? I swear I’m in there every 15 minutes as it is!

mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:36 AM   #3757
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I haven't had a chance to read the chat, just wanted to pop on and say a quick hi before heading to another full day of conference. It is the Global Leadership Summit and always such a blessing to attend.

It was fun to Zoom with some of you last night.

Sharon, you mentioned Proverbs 31 Ministries and one of the speakers today is Lysa Terkheurst. I always love to hear her speak.

I will catch up on chat later today, I hope!
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:49 AM   #3758
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Have a good day, Catherine, at your conference!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:34 AM   #3759
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! I was on Zoom until 2:35 a.m. Needless to say, I just now got up. It was fun...mostly listening since my computer kept saying, "Your internet connection is unstable." Duh! I kept freezing and whatever I said was delayed or not heard...so I was quiet for once. Ann, I so appreciate your son setting this up for us.

Kandie, so sorry to hear about your Dr. appt. My DH was fighting having to go on blood pressure meds, too. He went on them about 3 years ago. His meds made his nose drip constantly and they didn't tell him about that side effect. So the next appt. he told them and they changed his prescription. It sounds like instead of your nose running, you'll be running. Sorry....couldn't resist. I can relate to the arthritis in your hands. No fun! I dropped a scissors on my foot when I was trimming my bangs!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #3760
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, I love listening to you as you create, constantly adding more and more to your card! So much fun!

Shelly, those chrysalis and caterpillars on that branch are so cool! I love that your DH brought them in so they would survive. How exciting to get to see the butterflies when they emerge.

Kathy, sorry your internet wouldn't cooperate. I thought of disconnecting because mine was wonky too, but I just listened and crafted away...even though it looked like I was frozen most of the time! LOL

Catherine, enjoy your conference today. Sharon hope you got your walk in this morning. Ann, again, thank your son for setting up this Zoom for us! I hope you have a stress-free day!

Well, since I've gotten up so late, I'd better get busy. Hugs and love to all!