Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #3601
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The wedding sounds wonderful, Kathy, and so great your parents got to go! So nice of you to take food and cake to them! Sorry you woke with a headache!

Hi Shelly, how nice it will be to have your family with you for a week!!

Catherine, so glad you took the challenge and are going to host DTGD too!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:14 PM   #3602
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Gracie, really, I can buy them at the Dollar Store? I don’t mean the ones with the handle at the top, I mean the ones with the handles at the sides, like a spoon with a sponge at the end. And they come in different sizes. I see I didn’t make myself real clear, that figures, lol.

I’m intrigued as to what you and Gracie mean. Photo please if you have one.

I’m not buying more this August lol. Remind me
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:22 PM   #3603
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy I still get emails in my spam box from Russian or Asian ladies wanting to get to know me for marriage and call me sexy boy lol. I delete them all. They always come in after I’ve been to a new site..I never open an email unless I know it’s legit.

Gracie, I hope the craft and mojo gods join you soon. I’ve posted my Tickle card.

Ladies, Gracie, Sharon and myself are having a FaceTime on my Friday morning, your Thursday evening at 8.30am my time which is 7.30pm their time. Anyone else want to join us and find their mojo let me know and I’ll add you to the list. We are doing it through FaceTime though as zoom doesn’t always work for everyone and I don’t have the upgrade.

Catherine those photos are gorgeous. Post them on the picture thread. Glad you did some MM and a tag. Can’t wait to see it.

Annette enjoy time with your DD and beau.

Kathy glad the wedding went well and hope that your sinus headache has gone.

We are heading out so I will say ta ra and see you later.

Hugs

Ps..it’s the 2nd August here but I’m waiting.

Ann did you get my text?

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-02-2020 at 04:35 AM..
Old 08-02-2020, 12:37 AM   #3604
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I thought you had some of the blending tools, I thought it was you and Sharon that mentioned them on the zoom call, I will order some from amazon now I know they sell them.

Sharon I can imagine Steve face if I was crafting in the pool, ha,ha all those inks in his pool, it’s taken him weeks to get it perfect since we had the work done,he’s even put some gel in that makes it sparkle!!!

We always had swimming lessons at school and private ones so did our boys, they are both strong swimmers, our two eldest GSs have always had lessons, the eldest from six weeks! DIL now says it was a waste of money as the younger one started at three years although he’s not so confident, the youngest hasn’t started lessons but his mum was taking him before all this kicked off, he really enjoyed being in the pool with the elder two when they all came over last year. Fingers crossed for next year!

Catherine I hope you get your DD in where she’d like to go, our DGS have already been told they will have to carry on with virtual lessons for a while as they are on Red alert again, are you too? They had been told they would start back on 14th, I thought it would be fine as there are only twelve in the eldest class and less in the youngest but I think they aren’t allowed right now.

Kathy I bet your parents really enjoyed their trip to the wedding and how lovely you took them food and cake, could you bring some for all of us next time!

We only had a ham salad roll for dinner last night, it was just too warm to eat much, we call bread rolls cobs where I come from, ha,ha, Jayne will know what I mean, or do you call them barm cakes Jayne?
Old 08-02-2020, 04:34 AM   #3605
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Annnnnnnnnn, happy birthday to you. Hip hip horray it’s your special day. Have a fantastic day Ann. Hugs and love jx
Old 08-02-2020, 04:44 AM   #3606
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I do have the blending tools but couldn’t work out what some of the ladies were chatting about and with handles lol. I have the Picket Fence ones that cost a motza and I only use 2 out of the 10 brushes lol.

Yep I know what bread Cobb’s are but in Yorkshire we called them bread cakes. I think in Manchester they call them Cobb’s. We call them bread rolls here lol. I love a chip butty lol.

They are stocking up again here in Victoria (over East)..they’ve gone back to stage 4 as there are more and more cases. Qld also has cases again. Oh my.....and so it keeps going on. I’m glad our Premier is still standing his ground but there’s a case going to court where some people over East want to overturn his decision and have our borders open. We are all saying NO. We have all the football players in our State now so the games can go ahead as we are one of the few States where it’s safe..so far.

I’m debating whether to craft or read or sleep lol.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:34 AM   #3607
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to our alpha Queen!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #3608
Proud Fan Club Member

My sister came over a little while ago with leftover chocolate wedding cake! The white was gone, but still chocolate left. No sinus headache this morning.

It rained a little earlier. I'm hoping for more.

I need to sit down today and make a list of stuff that needs done. Otherwise I waste my days with tablet apps. I downloaded yatzy and a wood block puzzle game and keep trying to best my score.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:18 AM   #3609
Gallery Gazer

Happy Birthday Ann, have a lovely day.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:08 AM   #3610
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday ANN! My card will be fashionably late that way you can celebrate all month long...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. HOPE YOUR DAY IS GRREEAAAATTTTTTTT! Like Toni the Tiger used to say!

Kathy, that is so sweet that you took your parents to the wedding and brought them cake! Yum. Glad your sinus headache is gone. Mine comes and goes with our crazy weather lately. Rainy today.

Jan, I love to see you floating in the pool crafting! LOL

Jayne, yes, the brushes we were talking about are just like the Picket Fence ones you have. Sorry to have thrown you off with the talk of handles. One company came out with one that has a blotter type handle like the TH blenders.

Annette, that would be so fun to go kayaking together...if we ever get rid of this COVID stuff and people can travel again!

Catherine, I hope DD2 can get into the online charter school. I'm sure you'd both do fine on your own, though. I love the deer photos. We're seeing lots of deer here lately, too. Does and fawns.

We took care of our granddoggy all week and my DS, DIL and DGDs came to pick Hank up and I ended up with my youngest granddaughter, Avery (5 yr old) staying with me for a few days! She loves to craft. I'm not sure how much I'll get done! LOL

Sharon, looking forward to Facetime with Jayne if my internet cooperates!

Hi to all! I'd better get supervising...Avery has paint and is creating!

Happy Day ANN!
Old 08-02-2020, 10:13 AM   #3611
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is quiet here, DH is off working on the ramp that he spent all last Sunday working on. Today they plan to only work for four hours - which means he'll be gone another several days working on it, I think. If it was me, I'd rather just push on and get it done, but he is working with a couple of other guys from church to help this lady from the church with it. Both DDs are still sound asleep, Honey is asleep on the love seat, and Wesley is in her time out jail for getting on top of the dining room table. Naughty girl!

Happy birthday, Ann! My card will also be fashionably late along with Gracie's card to you. I hope your boys spoil you today.

Jayne, I would love to join you, Gracie, and Sharon on Thursday - if I can figure out what time that would be for me and I'm home by then. If it is 7:30 pm for Gracie and Sharon, I think they are on central time so it would be 5:30 pm for me...I think!

I liked my tag yesterday, it was OK anyway. This morning when I looked at it, it seems to need something more, not sure.

Jan, I'm not sure how useful the swimming lessons were for our DDs either. The best thing for our oldest seemed to be when we had an inflatable pool (rather large, you could actually swim in it) in our back yard at our previous house. She learned to swim in that with her dad helping her. I can swim but I'm not a good swimmer because I don't like to get my face wet.

I'm not sure where we are on the alert scale here locally. But the school I want to get DD2 into is actually a charter school that has a variety of ways that kids get their instruction. They do offer a classroom setting but we would be doing home-schooling. This way I just have someone to consult with and I have accountability. I thought of them as my safety net. When DD1 graduated from 8th grade, that was not only her last year with them, because I wanted to transition her to conventional school, but we also had a graduation party where I told her she had to give a speech. The teacher that worked with us all those years, worked with DD1 and had her write her speech and email it to her. She gave feedback until the speech was good, and then she required DD1 to practice giving it to her, our pastor, and one other person. All this time, I didn't know what was in the speech because my first time to hear it was at the graduation party.

All that to say, it doesn't matter where we are on the alert scale because she wouldn't be in a classroom setting anyway.

Yay for no sinus headache, Kathy!

I hope Avery was putting paint on only the appropriate surfaces, Gracie!

Funny you should say something about people traveling again. DH said he wants us to take a family vacation. I looked at him and said, "You know, I see that people are going on vacations but I don't understand how they are doing it since so many things are closed! I don't see the point!" DD1 said she didn't think she could get time off from work either.

We did have a nice little celebration with my brother yesterday evening for his birthday. I did the math and couldn't believe how old he turned yesterday! It's not that I think that number is that old, but it is for my brother! lol

I guess I should let the prisoner free and do my exercises to get them over with!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:28 AM   #3612
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes everyone!! Was just opening lots and lots of cards this morning!! Many thanks

Had to sign off quickly last night, we lost power four times! No rain or storms so who knows why. Didn't want to take any chances though.

Happy Sunday to all, enjoy your day, having lunch with two of my sons so later everyone! Hugs!!
Old 08-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #3613
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy birthday Ann!

We picked up Mexican for lunch and ate at DD's.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 08-02-2020, 11:34 AM   #3614
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thunderstorms so signing off!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:07 PM   #3615
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, we're getting rain and possible storms. Internet is spotty right now. I'll be back later, I hope.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #3616
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Stay safe in those storms, ladies!

Jayne, I just uploaded my tag. I don't know, today I think it needs more color.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #3617
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy, Happy Birthday Ann. I hope you have a wonderful Day.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 6 others like this post.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:13 PM   #3618
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday, Ann!
Old 08-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #3619
Stazon Splitcoast

We had one storm roll through. Didn't last very long, but there is possibilities of more. Temperature dropped 10 degrees. Looks like we're going to be getting a couple of cool days (upper 60's to low 70's) and then back up into the 80's by the end of the week. I'll take the cool.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 08-02-2020, 04:42 PM   #3620
Proud Fan Club Member

We had a little rain twice today but ground soaked it all up. I think we are to get more tonight! I may go fishing tomorrow! Haven't been out more than two or three times this year.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 09:17 PM   #3621
Stazon Splitcoast

The technique challenge for Monday is posted. Looks like a fun challenge.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:21 PM   #3622
Gallery Gazer

Just opened The blinds and it’s cloudy, fingers crossed it stays that way for a while, yesterday, Steve put the thermometer in the sun, it was s supposed to be cooler by a couple of degrees today! I really hope so.

Ann had a lovely lunch with your sons! I hope my card arrives eventually, I think Ina is the only one that’s arrived.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:33 AM   #3623
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to our dear Karen. I know she doesn’t post on this thread but I hope that her day is full of joy and love today. Thinking of you Karen...big hugs and cartwheels from WA. Jx
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:43 AM   #3624
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Tuesday. Ann, hope you had a wonderful day and lunch yesterday. I hope that my card arrived in time too...I think it must have as other ladies who have birthdays in August have received theirs and I mailed them all at the same time.

I hope that the storms have gone for everyone. You’ve sent them here LOL...gosh it is pouring down here and thank goodness we are indoors and warm and dry. It was craft group today. I came home and found a June Tickle card in my letterbox and thankfully managed to retrieve it before the heavens opened.

I also found 2 other letters for me...I didn’t like the official stamp on the front of them and was with DH when I opened them. That was my first mistake. They were speeding fines on the same day, 7 mins apart and when I made a quick drive to the PO to mail cards to the States in July. Probably those birthday cards LOL. I ended up with fines of $300 and 2 demerit points. These are the first fines since my mid 30s and the second ones in my life. So annoyed with myself as I know the speed limit but I had a heavy foot that day and it’s only in the next suburb from us and on a Main Street. I can’t believe I never saw the camera. DH has now said no more spending for me for the rest of the year and he’s not happy Jan....that’s an ad here many years ago where they used to say “not happy Jan” lol. I’m also disappointed with myself as I am usually so careful. He now says instead of the cards costing me $500 each to make, add on the speeding tickets LOL. I’m sure he will be over it by dinner time. Not sure I will.

Now debating whether to make the cards I didn’t finish today or read or sleep. I have another card to post and will check out the Technique Melody mentions.

Catherine, I saw your tag.  It’s beautiful.

Have a fun day ladies.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:45 AM   #3625
Gallery Gazer

Thinking of you Karen and wishing you a Happy Birthday, sending big virtual hugs.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:13 AM   #3626
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I hope you are forgiven by now, it was lovely to chat and see some of your work, you’ve made some gorgeous pieces.

Last edited by jan31; 08-03-2020 at 05:16 AM..
Old 08-03-2020, 05:38 AM   #3627
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan he is but I’m not. I can’t believe I did it. I must have been in a hurry that day and I wasn’t that far over in a 50 zone. 50 feels like my cars not moving lol. We just worked out that my 7 mins to the PO cost me $42.85/min...oh my.

It was lovely to chat and catch up. Thanks on my cards. I did finish the other card from craft group today. Didn’t take long and now I’m trying to see what challenges I want to do. Nothing is grabbing me so I will do my MM ones later this week. Loved what you made.

Enjoy your walk and shopping.

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-03-2020 at 05:41 AM..
Old 08-03-2020, 07:05 AM   #3628
Gallery Gazer

Jayne , an expensive trip, that’s something Steve would do work out the cost, ha,ha,

Too hot in the port although we only did the lottery , nada as usual, and bought some shower gel we prefer then headed back to the car for shopping, they were packed like sardines on the beach, supermarket was pretty quiet thank goodness so I was pretty quick, bought two whole trout for dinner, with salad
Old 08-03-2020, 07:41 AM   #3629
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Yum, Jan, that sounds delicious!

Good morning, everyone!

I typed an entire book earlier and then one of my fingers hit an odd button and I lost the entire thing. It made me mad so I came into the craft room to clean up after yesterday’s marathon card session. It’s taken me nearly an hour; that’s how big a mess I made.

So, I’m going to retype what I can remember but only a bit at a time, in case I lose it again.

Catherine, your MM tag is fabulous! See, isn’t it fun to make a mixed media mess, lol.

Now that I know those new foam applicators are Picket Fence, I will go to Amazon and put them on my wish list. And I will also go to the dollar store and check there first!

Love the photos of the doe and babies in your backyard! And you’re right, that phone takes wonderfully clear photos!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:43 AM   #3630
Proud Fan Club Member

Does anyone own one of those really thick embossing folders? I had to go online and watch a video on how to use it.

Remind you, Gracie, not to buy any more craft stuff? Not on your life! We don’t stop each other from buying, we enable us to buy even more!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANN!!!!!

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:18 AM   #3631
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, I love your phrase Craft, Read, Sleep! Is there a decision in there somewhere? LOL. Close your eyes and choose! Any of the three is fine!

I won’t be able to join in the FaceTime gathering. My time to craft is limited to the time Dusty snoozes, which are the morning hours. By 5:30 my time she has to go out, she wants to eat, she wants a biscuit, she head-butts for some scratching and loving, repeat cycle until 9:30, when she drops off to sleep again and I have to carry her to bed, lol.

Dagmar, what a gorgeously colorful birthday cake photo!

Melody, I think the tech challenge today will be fun because it reminds me of the pink bathroom tile and black plaster with gold accents fish my grandma had in her home.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:02 AM   #3632
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving Hello!

HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY ANN!!!

Ann, my card for you will be in the que with Gracie's to keep your celebration going this month! I have an envelope ready, just need to finish your card!

It's so quiet here- it is heavenly- no dog, just us and it is cool outside so the windows are open.

I would love to Facetime Thursday- DH has one with college friends as well.

Catherine, hoping your DD gets admitted into that school and too bad they don't classify her as returning instead of 'new' to the school. The deer in your yard are beautiful- as long as they do not eat your plants/flowers.

Jayne- that is an expensive trip to the PO!

Kathy-so nice you and parents went to the wedding!

Hello to everyone else! I am going to stop, even though much to chat about.... stomach not happy this AM- had some dairy in the pesto I put on the chicken last night.......

SHelly
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:24 AM   #3633
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello you all,

today its not so hot over here. But it will raise again to 35 Celsius.

@ Kandie, I own 3 of them, I get best results to wet my cardstock before putting them trough the big shot.

I`'m thinking of Karen, I whish her all the best on her Birthday.

@ Catherine, beautiful Photos.

Have a good week, you all.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #3634
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Kandie, I own some of the 3D embossing folders. The main difference in your sandwich is instead of two cutting plates, you only use one. I use a cuttlebug. Plate A, folder, plate B. You always want a plate against the rollers, not the embossing folder. You can spritz your paper, but I don't think it really matters. Tim Holtz says run it back and forth three times -- think 3D - 3 times.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #3635
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I decided to take today off from work to focus on some DTGD prep. It is lovely to have a week day off (I know, I have Fridays off each week but I am busy cleaning the house on Fridays.) I'm not sure how I'll get everything done this week, though. I have a two day conference this Thursday/Friday so...today off seemed like a great idea.

Happy birthday, Karen! Many birthday blessings are wished for you! Sending hugs and your card is in the mail...extending the celebration!

Dagmar, your birthday cake photo with the pink flowers for Ann is beautiful...makes me want to make a card! Of course, the one you posted for Karen's birthday is lovely and inspiring too.

Oh no, Jayne! So sorry about your tickets, such a bummer. It makes me think of when my DH and I got home from our school year in France. He got two speeding tickets in rapid succession (not 7 minutes apart though) when we got back. He was having a hard time slowing back down to US driving speeds! His tickets were issued by officers pulling him over though, so he didn't get a terrible surprise in his mailbox.

Kandie, yes it is definitely fun to make a mixed media mess. Of course, now I think I need some ink sprays and other things I don't already own...lol!

By the way, those photos of the deer are through our bedroom window so that glass is in there too. I am pleased with the photo quality. My former iPhone took horrible photos!

So frustrating to lose your post because your finger went astray!

Shelly, hope you are feeling better by now. Do you have any probiotics you take when this happens to you? DD1 has found some that really help her when she goes astray.

In front of our house, we have grass on one side. The other side has sidewalk and rock areas which are places that weeds love to grow. I'm always happy to see the deer in the rocky areas eating the weeds!

Oh, Kandie, I own a couple of those 3D embossing folders. I have a Big Shot and I use the multi-purpose platform, one plate, then the folder. I have lightly spritzed the CS with water sometimes, I do think that with my Big Shot, it seems to emboss deeper when I lightly spritz it first.

Melody, have you done today's TLC? I should go look. It does look like fun but I don't know if I'll be able to get to it or not.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:25 PM   #3636
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday Ann. I was not on here yesterday. We went to have lunch with our friends in their garden. A lovely afternoon was had.

Happy Birthday dear Karen and dear Diane!

I missed the 15% off SSS sale. Ended last night. Just found out the name of a die I wanted and they let me know, but too late for the sale. I am hoping they might be sending out an email extending that discount sale. It has happened before, so we shall see! We lose so much on the dollar that 15% off at least helps a bit.

Kandie what size tissue paper do you work with when doing your mixed media?

Hi and hugs to all!
Shirl
Old 08-03-2020, 12:33 PM   #3637
Proud Fan Club Member

This morning DS and I went fishing. Not even a nibble and I lost two of my baits at the river. Then we went to the twin ponds and I caught 8 largemouth bass! DS caught two. I also now have bass thumb! You get that from holding them by their mouth.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #3638
Stazon Splitcoast

well it doesn't seem like much is happening here either. I am so tried of all the restriction here. I wish I had places be. And friend hung out with I miss my best friend today. I wish I could hear some good news. And I wish there were things I could do help people. I just don't feel like I have a purpose anymore. I guess I just a down day!
Old 08-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #3639
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy I read the verse you have posted over and over.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:38 PM   #3640
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So much going on here, I'm sure I'll miss something, so I'll keep this brief.

I'm back from my birthday weekend with part of my family. They really treated me...dinner at a farm to table cafe in Viroqua, WI...magnificent! Treats from a bakery in LaCrosse, the owner has won several Food Network contests. Meringue Bakery, wedding cakes are a big part of their business, she is a master of sugar flowers, hand formed. My daughter is an excellent cook so I was well fed. Yes, that's about all we did....EAT!!!!!!! This was my first time to a restaurant, we ate outside.
PS I don't drink hardly at all but a friend of Liz's gave me two CORONA Hard Selzers. I'm drinking one right now. No way can I drink the whole thing.

Can't remember if I said that my son and his wife had to be tested for Covid. They were negative but a bunch of people at his work were positive. Mostly young silly people. Honestly!!!!!!!! Joe is very stressed about it, as he has been extremely careful.

I'll try to respond more later, when I can read some of your posts. We finally have a cool day here in WI, it has been a darn hot summer.
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 4 others like this post.