Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-30-2020, 07:03 PM   #3561
Proud Fan Club Member

It's just a keyword to help you find it. Sometimes I can't remember if I've done a letter so if you add your own personal keyword it makes it easier to find. My personal key word is ABC13muscrat.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #3562
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! It has been a crazy busy day, I hit the ground running and only just had a chance to stop - although my step count isn't done yet.

Interestingly, Honey seems to have developed a backbone since her adventure. She actually growled at Wesley yesterday and chased her out of DD1's room! I'm sure Wesley was completed surprised, I would have been! DD1 said that Honey was annoyed with Wesley and just growled and chased her out! It happened while I was at work, I'm sorry I missed it!

Kathy, yay for weight loss (not for stress though, hugs) and for good lab work! Praying that your stressful situation is resolved soon.

How was golf, Jayne? 36 holes is a LOT! How long does it take to play 36 holes?

Hi Dagmar, jam sounds tasty! 39 celsius? Too hot!

I'm glad your windows got finished, Jan.

What fun finds, Kandie. The cigar box reminded me that my dad, in addition to his regular job, used to clean a restaurant/bar in the little town where I grew up. They sold cigars there and my dad would bring my brothers the empty cigar boxes to use for whatever they wanted. There were some cool boxes!

I'd like some pages for mixed media...I think! I'm not sure how well I can put them to use but I'm like to try! Thanks for your generous offer!

Annette, I was just wondering if the shed was finished yet. I hope you can get it done before it gets too hot again. And that is so true, fix one thing and it shows up all the others that need updating!

Oh Gracie, sorry for your stressful day...(((hugs))) Strawberries and waffles for breakfast? Yummy! And I agree about the heat sapping your energy for cleaning...or just sapping the energy!

Ann, you are always so busy, busy, busy! Where do you find the energy?

Sharon, storms and rain? I hope that means cooler too. Do we need to order you a bulk supply of bubble wrap? Sorry for the paper cuts and other injuries.

I think that is everything, whew!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #3563
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
By the way, anyone wanting some pages for MM let me know. I’ll mail you some. Here’s a photo of the pages. Nice thin paper.

When I read your post about you finding this book at the sale I was so happy for you and I also thought of a challenge this week where stamps have to be used.

When I saw this image of the open book, oh my oh my...be still my beating heart. Why do books like this appeal to us who love MM LOL.

Can't wait to see what you make with some of the pages. Awesome find.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:11 PM   #3564
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I agree with you, I don't know where Ann finds her energy. I am pooped today...totally washed out and I have to make cards and do I want to make cards..nope. I can't leave them as they are samples for our group and I only have today to do them. I really wish I didn't put this on myself and volunteer. I shall have to make them as simple as possible as my head is mush today. I came home yesterday after golf, showered, got in my jimjams and fortunately DH made dinner and did the dishes. I sat on the couch and couldn't keep my eyes open. By 7.30pm I was gone and finally went to bed an hour later to wake 13 hours later. I did doze in and out but boy was I tired.

Catherine, it took just under 8 hours. It was sloooooowwwww! It really shouldn't have taken that long as we only played alternate shots (in a team of 2) so it was really like playing 18 holes, but we walked the 36 holes which according to my fitbit was 21,000 steps! Usually I can walk for hours and no problem but I still have a slight infection from my sinus and DH thinks it's just knocking me for 6. By the second 16th hole I just wanted to lie down on the grass and sleep. The battery for my electric buggy that I use to transport my clubs in died on me so I had to push the cart with everything in for the last 3 holes. Fortunately they were mainly downhill. When I went to tee off on one hole towards the end, a young boy from our DGS's class was there playing 9 holes after school with his dad and unbeknown to me was watching me. I could hardly raise my arms and my shot went nowhere...the worst one for the day and he broke out laughing. I'm sure DGS will hear about that one LOL. It is fun but why I do it, no idea. I like the game and being outside and able to walk and it was such a beautiful day, but oh my this year it has taken its toll on me. Maybe by tomorrow I will feel I have some of Ann's energy LOL. Having said that ladies, I'm ok. Just feeling like I need a holiday LOL.

Sharon, sorry to hear you have some injuries again...yes we need to wrap you up in bubble wrap too.

Now I have forgotten what everyone else said...sorry, my head is not computing and I need another coffee. Keep safe and well everyone and keep smiling. Hugs
mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:03 AM   #3565
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

What a day...we sort of came around and out of our fog about an hour ago. In the meantime I made 4 card samples and scrapped those...currently in my box of cards to use for BGs. I did post one card for my R challenge.

I watched 3 YouTube videos..maybe more...it sure feels as though I did. I packed for my monthly craft group and now have a plan using a SU stamp set...following cards made on YouTube. The ladies need easy and so do I at present. Plus the stamp set is pretty and they like pretty.

I helped DH with a document he had drafted and I oops accidentally deleted it thinking he had saved it so he had to retype it. I disappeared quickly after that but I was amazed that his second document took half the time it took him to type the first. He’s finally forgiven me lol.

I started another salt technique and also a cling wrap technique BG, and started my Teapot Tickle card which is currently drying after the first layer. It’s anyone’s guess how that will turn out. Luckily none of today’s challenges appealed to me and I’m slowly catching up on my list of challenges I want to try.
It’s now wine and put your feet up time and another early night.

Hope your day goes better than ours lol.
Happy weekend everyone
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:15 AM   #3566
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

I'm up early, could not sleep! So up and started wash already.

Need to make lots of cards for DTGD! But I am falling behind on weekly challenges! Oh well, I do what I can.

Jean, yes a personal keyword will make it easier for you to find your Alpha cards. Mine is ABC13annsforte3!

You could do ABC13JeanBean. LOL!

Jean, I keep up an Alpha Crew list. Those that are participating in the challenge and may wish to send cards to each other. Let me know if you would like to be on the list.
PM me your full name, address, and birth-date, no year! Also email address!

Sharon, you really need bubble wrap! So sorry for your injuries! No pleasant!

Jayne, no way could I walk for 36 holes of golf, besides I do not like the game. Maybe it is due to my father always turning on golf programs when we were kids and falling asleep on the couch watching them. We only had the one tv in the house so then all programs for us kids was out of the question. We would change the channel when he fell asleep and of course it always woke him up and then back to golf!

Catherine, that is funny about Honey being more aggressive. But when you think about it she must have had to fight and protect herself when she was out. Poor little one!

Off to eat breakfast and hopefully make cards in between loads of laundry!
Old 07-31-2020, 05:51 AM   #3567
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Okay, thanks for the info about the personal keyword. Yes that is probably what I will use, Ann. Good idea!

I'm heading to LaCrosse, WI to spend my birthday weekend with my daughter Liz, son in law Scott and my only two grands, Clare, age 9.5 and Mirren, almost 7. We won't do much except eat, but I was thrilled to go. Living alone is great, I love it, but on special days, no one really wants to be alone. I didn't want to ask Liz if I could come, although she probably would have said yes, but they've been really busy the last few weeks, traveled last weekend so I figured they might want to be alone, but then she texted me on Wednesday. I cried. I also have a son Joe and his wife Leah, who live closer, I'll see them another time. Leah's Mom shares a birthday with me, isn't that wacky? She's a good friend.

Guess that's all for now. Keep on pluggin', everyone. I'm social distancing mostly, wearing my mask diligently, let's get this under control, shall we? I hope we can.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:11 AM   #3568
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean....it will be August in a few hours here so....

Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Jean, happy birthday to you. Have a fabulous day with your daughter and family.....and you can open my card now lol. Hugs

On that note, I’m off to bed lol
Old 07-31-2020, 07:20 AM   #3569
Gallery Gazer

Jean that’s so lovely that you are spending your birthday weekend with your family, I’m sure you will have a great time.

We have just over three weeks before we Go to see our family, well eldest son , youngest GS, well fingers crossed, we are hoping they will have stopped the two week quarantine by then, our friends around the corner are going in two weeks, they keep changing their minds, one day he emails to say they are going to change the ferry dates, this afternoon they are going, we are just planning as if we are going if anything changes the week before we will make the decision.

Sharon I feel for you, paper cuts are so painful and sore.

Gracie, sorry you had a bad day!

Jayne well done no wonder you were shattered, Steve always says golf ruins a good walk!
I don’t think he’s ever played mind you, we have a golf course on our Urbanización, not a big one though but I’ve heard it’s quite expensive.

Dagmar , sorry to hear you have some with the virus near you too.

I was filling in the holes where they took out the old window frames at 7.30am, it’s the only times it’s cool enough, after I had mopped all the floors I came outside to eat my bran flakes and then I had to swim to cool off, tomorrow morning we are painting, just the one wall as it’s a mess. I said to Steve I love them but people can see in from the gates on the drive, he just said oh jan!! He said he will grow the lemon tree lower to cover the view from the gate! LOL

We went shopping, we left at 1pm it was 34c, lovely and cool in the car, the edging tiles have arrive, at last, the supermarket was not too busy but Steve parked in the underground car park in the cool, I hate lifts so I just bought enough that I could carry, got home the pool water was 32c, apparently it’s going to be much hotter next week, oh joy!
Old 07-31-2020, 08:37 AM   #3570
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, a quick message. DH was rattling around the house at 6 am because he had to leave by 7 to set up the tables outside for the estate sale that starts today. It woke Dusty and I up so we were able to have coffee with him before he left. By 8:30 I was in the craft room trying out a paper towel MM technique from a video, spritzing paint everywhere, glue all over everything, cutting apart a sheet of digi stamps with tiny children’s stamp edged scissors. What a MESS I made. It’s now 3 hours later and I’m finally done posting the mess, uh, project. (I’m going to kill this iPad if it doesn’t quit trying to capitalize every word!)

The paper towel technique was fun. I need to work on it some more. The people make those video projects look so easy! Not!

Gracie, Sharon, Catherine and Jayne, I shall get you some pages in the mail! Anyone else who decides she wants some as well, let me know!

I’m off to shower and try to scrub all the colorful goo from my fingers. I promised DH I’d stop by his sale, , wish I hadn’t done that. I’d rather stay here and play!

I’ll comment on posts when I get back, see you all soon. Hugs!

Whoops I almost forgot. Jayne, here is the photo of the thin wood squares I thought would be fun to stamp on and use. They are in the wood crafts departments of the craft stores. 1.54” square, 1.02” square, and 0.51” square. They are like real thin Srabble squares!
Attached Thumbnails
8105958f-bae6-4cbb-bdb1-551b33969f76.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:32 AM   #3571
Gallery Gazer

Kandie sounds like you had fun, I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with the wood squares
Old 07-31-2020, 10:57 AM   #3572
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, that is why we love renting now. We don’t have to worry anymore about projects. They came today and fixed a door , and changed lightbulbs 14’ in the cathedral ceiling in the dining area. DH supervised everything! LOL. The guy said he should hire him as an assistant. I told DH, that was a nice way of saying stay out of my way! LOL

I finished and uploaded my teapot card, and started on a mixed media project. Last night I watched a Distress ink journal Demo by a local craft store on Facebook and have a journal page started. Just played along with them. I have no idea what I am going to do with that, but have a nice stenciled background started.

Kandie, you will have to show us what all you get at the estate sell. You always get so many goodies. It is fun to see. I live through you since I don’t go to sales anymore, because I already have enough for my own sale!

Ann, I am so excited for DTGD. So fun that you are a hostess!

Stay cool, everyone.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:22 AM   #3573
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I'm up, I have the towels in the laundry, I made and posted my R card, and now I'm sitting here with coffee and allowing myself to chat with you lovely ladies. Then I need to get caught up commenting on Alphabet cards.

I have heard back from the school that DD2 attended. If I can get a medical waiver for her, they will allow her to wear a face shield instead of a mask. I'm not sure what it would take to get a doctor to sign off on that.

8 hours, Jayne?! Wow, I don't think I could be dedicated to playing golf for that many hours! I hope you are feeling better today and have more energy.

Sorry you couldn't sleep, Ann. I have never understood watching golf. My oldest brother used to watch it a lot, I thought it was a cure for insomnia!

Jean, it sounds like your birthday is coming right up. Happy birthday! I'm glad you get to spend it with family.

Jan, you and Steve are very industrious working around your place. We need to be more industrious around here but work keeps getting in the way...lol! Although, work is what enables us to pay for what needs to be done.

Kandie, I will have to check out your project. Those wood squares look like fun.

Sharon, I'm going with he was being sincere in his comment to your DH!
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:25 AM   #3574
Proud Fan Club Member

First let me say, I have four different email addresses. The one some of you have is my normal one, plus I have one real one on my computer. The other two are for when I need to add an email address to get information. I used those to try to eliminate spam to the one I use the most, however it didn't work. But one of my fake email addresses got a very disgusting email today. Some guy, assumes I am a guy, and told me he has hacked into my email and activated my camera and he said he saw me doing disgusting stuff. He wants bitcoins to keep my "secret!" What a dope! It was in my spam folder, but I sometimes read from the preview pane just to see how stupid some people really are! I don't know if I should laugh at his ignorance or pray for him! Guess it wouldn't hurt to do both! LOL. Oh, he even wanted to link me to someplace to learn how to buy bitcoins! This is why I don't shop online. The internet is full of quacks. I don't have any banking info online, and never will. Keeps my anxiety lower that way.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:32 AM   #3575
Proud Fan Club Member

Just saw another funny subject line in spam. It asks if I poop three times a day!!!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #3576
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello All!

Happy Birthday weekend Jean! Have fun in LaCrosse! I've been there many times.

Hi Ann, you are so productive...I really admire all you do, especially with everything going on in your life! Hugs!

Catherine, I would think the school would be fine with a shield rather than a mask. It's a crazy time. Glad Honey has learned to stand up for herself...even though it was a traumatic experience for everyone involved when she had to survive on her own. It still amazes me!

Kandie, I hope you find some more treasures today. It's always fun to see what you discover.

Jan, it sure sounds like your home is coming together so beautifully! I'd love to see your new tiles. I sure hope your trip works out and you get to see your family.

Jayne, I'm sure you were exhausted after all that golf! I'm glad you had enough motivation to get some cards made! Impressive.

Kathy, I've banked online for years, and "knock on wood", I've had no problems. I agree with you, there are lots of wackos out there in internet land. I'm very careful and have strong passwords.

Sharon, I need some mojo...I'd like to take a nap...no inspiration at present.

I did go kayaking for 2 hours on the lake, but I stopped under a tree in the shade and put my feet up for 15 minutes and just shut my eyes and relaxed, trying to think of nothing but how quiet and peaceful it was on the water.

OK, this is it...I'm going to make a card...yes, I am...get going self!!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:29 PM   #3577
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello! It has been a crazy week here. I am OK after trip/fall, thanks for asking. I have a sore wrist, but it will be OK!

DD1 bought her 1st place (why not instead of paying rent.... ) in Chicago. She and hubby went to final walk through and closing Tuesday, and we moved all of her larger items (furniture). I met them after noon.  It took Ray and Katie 2 hours to get couch in- lol, it will make for a good story.
I really like the neighborhood and easier for us to get to as well. It was good to see- in Chicago most people wear masks even when out walking. We only need to do that if we go downtown, etc...not so many people out in our neighborhood.

DD2 is also in for the week. She has to get updated sticker for her license plate and needed vehicle emission testing before she could get the sticker. (That's why gas is more here- because we have to have additives added to pass emissions testing). I got her a hair appt today- she cut her own hair a couple of months ago- hair is thick and blond, so every (uneven) cut mark shows : ) She stayed in Chicago with DD1 last night and back home around noon.

I am behind on Alpha commenting, I click like on posts when I comment, so I can find where I am at, will work on that more this weekend. (DD2 is heading home tomorrow, so hope to create!!!).

Jayne- that is alot of steps! I can see why you are tired! I would be interested in the Mixed Media challenge too.
Sorry to third the stop dairy- I tested allergic to both Whey and Casein in milk....so NO dairy- there are many alternatives coming out- even sour cream and Yogurt. They do take some getting used to.

Kandie- your pizza story is very funny! I imagine cleaning the oven was another story. Hope your hubby does not get attitude from the family again today. And, hope you find something good : )

Melodie- Love your shopping chuckle. I always end up with alt least double of what I go into the store for!

Kathy- good lab and weight measurements- do you feel like your clothes are tighter? Yes, we got that email a while back. Also one that had one of our passwords (Google) and said we needed to send $$$ because thay had a porno video of us....

Ann- your story about your dog and you growling at him...pups sure do have personalities just like people, don't they? Glad that DTGD will happen- I try to participate each year!

Catherine- whew- bet DH heart wanted to stop when he saw pup gone- and glad she stayed close!

Jan- glad the windows got done, and so sorry about the rising Covid.

Dagmar- that is HOT!!! You really made alot of jam!

Sharon- we need to get you some bubble wrap for fingers!

Gracie- so sorry you had a bad day- hope stamping therapy helps!

Annette- HOT there as well. Hope you get that shed done while it is cooler.

Jean- Happy Birthday to you!!!

Hope I did not miss anyone. I wrote a book!

Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:40 PM   #3578
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Interesting junk email you receive, Kathy. That second one is rather personal, I think! I guess I should look at my spam folder, I haven't for a while.

Gracie, kayaking sounds absolutely lovely! I really want to try that again, just need kayaks. We had hoped to rent some to celebrate father's day but they weren't renting personal craft yet. I don't know if they are now or not.

Yes, I would think a face shield would be sufficient as well but in their note, they said all students must wear masks but, if you have asthma, you could wear a face shield. DD2 doesn't have asthma, the only reason they are offering her that option (with a doctor's note though) is because it makes her light headed. I'm a little concerned about her being isolated at home but think we'll just go with home schooling for her last year of high school. We've done it before and can surely do one more year. It certainly takes less time in the day since there is only one student - no waiting for the entire class to focus their attention etc.

Shelly, I'm glad you are OK post fall and congrats to your DD1 on her new home purchase. That is so exciting!

Well, I'd better get off here and go back to house work....but this is more fun!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:10 PM   #3579
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly sorry to hear about your sore wrist. You and Sharon will have to have an assistant to help you stamp soon! LOL

Catherine, I'm sure your DD2 won't mind getting homeschooled her last year. It sounds like she'd rather do that. She'll be so much safer at home. It is definitely a scary time with schools reopening. I'm sure glad I no longer teach.

We went out for a fish fry and had to wait an hour and half for food because there were so many take out orders. We sat outside on a big deck which only had 4 tables. I had a glass of wine and it was taking so long for our food, I ordered another glass of wine...so no production tonight in the craft room! Bad girl. It was very good wine...I believe it is good for the heart!!!
Old 07-31-2020, 07:28 PM   #3580
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday, Jean!

Gracie, you are too funny!

Kandie, you get the neatest things!

Shelly hope your wrist does not give you too much grief.

Kathy, ha ha.....this thread now has bathroom humor added to it, lol.

Shirl
Old 07-31-2020, 07:39 PM   #3581
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, I’m glad that you had some downtime and sorry you had a bad day out recently. Hugs.

I was a bad girl last night too but hey I slept like a log and feeling a lot more like myself today. I did get one card done and a few panels yesterday but nothing crash hot. I’m going to do some MM later and my tickle card. First I have to head out and bypass the craft shop..oh dear.
Shelly, hope your wrist is improving and congrats to your DD and her new home. Exciting time for her. I’ll send you the MM email.

I think I should ask Nancy if we can add it as an extra forum. We don’t want it to take away from the main Friday MM but ours is more about learning new techniques and could be called Messy Monday or something lol.

Kandie, thank you for thinking of me and for the papers. They are wonderful. I’ll check your MM post out. I have some of those squares and also circles in a bag. I’ve had them for years and bought them for scrapping and never used them. I shall wait to see what you do with yours.

Jan, you and Steve are amazing with your projects..even DH is impressed. We have a few jobs needing doing here if you want a trip to Oz lol. son1 and the poppets called by earlier..they ate our fruit and left lol. He was reminding us it’s not long to our trip away with them. It’s actually in November lol. We said it’s months away, but it’s not really. Soon we will all be chatting about Xmas..eek. I so hope you get on your trip to the UK.

Waving and saying hello to you all..time for me to head out. Hugs

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-01-2020 at 04:01 AM..
Old 07-31-2020, 08:06 PM   #3582
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hooray Gracie, you are hosting too for DTGD!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:17 PM   #3583
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Hooray Gracie, you are hosting too for DTGD!!

Thanks Ann! I've been going back and forth, because my internet isn't the best, but I've decided to bite the bullet and try it! Scary! It gives me something to look forward to.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:59 PM   #3584
Gallery Gazer

Gracie kayaking sounds heavenly, was it lovely and cool on the water? We had some photos this morning as our DIL took our GSs kayaking in Half Moon Bay, mind you they all had coats on!! You made me laugh about drinking wine waiting for your fish, when our son comes over from SF he likes to go to our fish and chip shop but for a Pukka pie, Steve took him and they were gone ages, apparently they went to the bar next door while they waited to have a beer!

The tiles aren’t anything fancy as they have to match up with the ones we already had, we aren’t doing that until it’s cooler apparently! Steve laughed as he left his shoes in the middle of the floor, I told him to put them away as everyone can see them from the road, ha,ha, luckily are road is pretty quiet!

Jayne you are right about time passing quickly, can’t belie it’s August already, I really Hope next year is a better one.

Kathy that’s awful getting those emails, there’s so truly awful people out there, I had another from Steve’s brothers account, some sick people!
Old 08-01-2020, 04:03 AM   #3585
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Go Gracie...whoohoo. I started my tickle card today. Going to finish it shortly and then put my feet up like Gracie except I ‘m not on a lake...I do have a g&t though. Have fun Everyone
Old 08-01-2020, 06:11 AM   #3586
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Saturday morning!

Annette and Shelly, would you like some stamp book pages as well?
Happy birthday, Jean!!!

Shelly, regarding my upside down pizza, very luckily DH always uses one of those heavy pizza stones for crisper pizza crusts. Oh my, he would have absolutely KILLED me if I had dripped pizza sauce all over the oven!!!

Gracie, did you sleep well after those glasses of wine?

Ann, I occasionally get emails wanting to know if I want to, um, get a bigger private part, and I absolutely crack up! And then I block the stupid thing because I really do hate the garbage that some people think is fun to send. I don’t get as many as I used to, I too have them go instantly into my trash folder as spam. I really should check that folder, I might be missing some important emails! (Not)

DH’s sale was a big bust for me. Large pieces of furniture were pretty much all there was. I did buy a canvas with a nice lake scene, one of those kind readily available at craft stores. That was it. I did go to Michaels craft store afterwards, looking for those ink blenders I’ve seen in videos, the kind with handles. I saw them once, but the store was sold out yesterday.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:19 AM   #3587
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, You can buy those ink blenders at the Dollar Tree store. Much cheaper. And, I did sleep well last night!

Jan, it was warm on the lake, but there was a little breeze and I could paddle close to shore and the shade if I got too hot. It was beautiful. I should post some photos.

Jayne, hope you enjoyed your G&T. I'll have to check out your Tickle card.

Good morning all! It's going to be another gorgeous day here, which makes it hard to go to my craft room, but I have lots of cards to make! Praying for the Mojo gods to appear!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:00 AM   #3588
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, really, I can buy them at the Dollar Store? I don’t mean the ones with the handle at the top, I mean the ones with the handles at the sides, like a spoon with a sponge at the end. And they come in different sizes. I see I didn’t make myself real clear, that figures, lol.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:07 AM   #3589
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Oh yes, what nice weather for a change! Finally turned off the air last night for a comfortable nights sleep! Will see how warm it gets today!

Yes, I have not done my tickle card yet, need to move it today and get stuff done. My motivation needs to get going again!

Gracie, do you go out alone on the lake? Would never be me doing that, I never learned how to swim. Not going to try after all these years either!
Old 08-01-2020, 09:04 AM   #3590
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Gracie, really, I can buy them at the Dollar Store? I don’t mean the ones with the handle at the top, I mean the ones with the handles at the sides, like a spoon with a sponge at the end. And they come in different sizes. I see I didn’t make myself real clear, that figures, lol.

Yes, they are by the makeup. The soft brush type with a side handle like a toothbrush. I don't know if they have sponge ones.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:09 AM   #3591
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Ann, I go by myself. DH comes sometimes when he isn't busy. I learned to swim at the YMCA when I was young. My mom didn't learn to swim, so she wanted us 4 kids to know how so she could take us to the beach and not worry. I also always wear my life jacket. It is so peaceful out on the lake.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:21 AM   #3592
Proud Fan Club Member

Good day! Behind with chatter.
Shelly, I am glad you are better, and hope wrist get better quickly so you won’t hurt crafting! Ann and Gracie hostessing DTGD! Yay!
Jayne, it has been a long time since I got that many steps! On my Walking4Fun site, it says in 2015 I got over 34,000 steps, A half Marathon. I will never do that again. LOL. That was when I was young!
Got my R card and teapot card done and posted. And got two playing cards altered, and an art journal project started for my blog post for TSFT. Jan is it too hot to be in your craft room right now? Sounds like it. Too bad you can’t craft in the pool! LOL
It has cooled of a little here for a few days. High 80s instead of 90s.for awhile.
I walked this morning, and we cleaned out cars. I had a yummy mango, banana, strawberry smoothie for breakfast! So good!

Shelly, that is great about your DD getting her first place. How fun!
I guess I am all over the place this morning! Happy weekend everyone!
Old 08-01-2020, 09:24 AM   #3593
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Yes, Ann, I go by myself. DH comes sometimes when he isn't busy. I learned to swim at the YMCA when I was young. My mom didn't learn to swim, so she wanted us 4 kids to know how so she could take us to the beach and not worry. I also always wear my life jacket. It is so peaceful out on the lake.

Same with my mom, she couldn't swim, so wanted us to know how. She boated and water skied, it with a life jacket. As for kayaking! DH and I did it once. Enough said! LOL
Old 08-01-2020, 11:04 AM   #3594
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello!

Kandie- sure I's love mixed media pages!
Yes, I bought some at the dollar store as well- the brush type with the handles to the side. There were 2 sizes available. I also have a larger size from Simon Says Stamp....

Gracie- we grew up with the Kankakee River in our backyard, so always had boats and loved to go out to water ski as well. Mom took us all to the YMCA to learn to swim, and my sister and I were on a swim team too! I love the peace being out on the water!

Ann-yes- nice that it has cooled down- I heard on the Chicago news that it's the 4th hottest July on record so far!

Sharon- that is a whopping lots of steps! I am not sure I have ever clocked that many steps!

Working on catching up today- just finished the Alpha R card and a DT card, not on to one more due today! I mark all of the posts I read on both the posting thread and on the posts read with a like, so I can find where I left off!

Enjoy your day!
Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:41 AM   #3595
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay, Gracie, I will check out the dollar stores!!!

I never learned to swim but I can fake it for a little distance. And I can dog-paddle, my mom taught me that one. I do not know how to tread water. But I love being out in a boat on the water!

DH always checks his steps on his phone app, he’s kind of addicted to it. I suggested he eat more food, all those steps are burning off his body fat and he is beginning to look too skinny. Yesterday he got in 12,000 steps working the sale!!! No wonder the poor man has such bad leg cramps.

F4A yesterday was to make a birthday card, and today’s IC site has such fun t-shirts and tops! So easy to do both challenges, hey, hey, I like that, lol.

DH is cleaning out his junk tray on the kitchen counter by the back door. I put a tray there 4 years ago so he could quit losing things, and I don’t think he’s stopped piling stuff in there since. He keeps seeing things he thinks I might use on a card. So far I am the recipient of an advertising manicure set, an old sewing needle and thread set, and a miniature eyeglass repair screwdriver, lol.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #3596
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! So the cooler temps we were supposed to have didn't come and we have a heat warning in effect again. Also, the siding never arrived so we have to wait another week. The next door neighbour is getting new siding on their house and garage. It looks lovely but the contractor is MESSY. There are bits of the old siding and tools all over our front yard. Our front door is set way back from the road and is kind of towards the back edge of their house. They have even put their drink cups on our front deck. We decided not to bother saying anything as long as it all gets cleaned up.

Shelly, congrats to your DD. Glad you are ok.

Gracie, I would gladly kayak with you every day! David and I are headed out on ours tomorrow morning before it gets busy at our little lake.

Kandie, I would love to have some pages to play with. Thank you!

Sharon, that smoothie sounds yummy!

My DD and her fiance are coming for a week visit next week. I'm so looking forward to it! We are planning to just sit back and relax and enjoy each others company. DD will have to teach a online course for part of the time but not much.

Have a great weekend everyone!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #3597
Proud Fan Club Member

Nieces wedding was great. It was short, no frills and lots of food. We took Mom and Dad, and then immediately after a quick picture of them DH took them home. Then we took them a meal. When we were ready to leave we took them cake.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 03:15 PM   #3598
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! This morning, DH and I were awake but not up yet and heard something in the back yard area. We got up and saw a doe and three fawns. I went back for my phone (this iPhone takes MUCH better pictures than its' predecessor!), and got a couple of photos - except that one fawn had moved too far ahead of the others, so only two fawns in the photos. So adorable!

I've been playing with making a mixed media tag. It is still very much a work in progress but I'm having fun. We'll see how it turns out, MM is fun but a struggle for me.

Now I am concerned that DD2 won't be able to get into the school that I home schooled her through before. I liked doing it through this charter school because I had a monthly meeting with a supervising teacher keeping us all accountable and on track, I wasn't just on my own. But, due to legislative changes this year, we may not be able to get her signed up as a student there. They have suspended new enrollments. I'm completing the paperwork to get her on the wait list but won't know if she is in for a month or so. We may have to do her final year on our own! Yikes!

Gracie, I think DD2 would like home schooling better partially because her best friend lives back east with her mom now. She was her for the first two years living with her dad. DD2 has another good friend in the class and we've already told her that she'll have to commit to being social regularly if we do return to home schooling for her last year.

You probably got a good night's sleep after your couples of glasses of wine, right?

Jayne, thanks for sending the email with the MM links. That is what inspired my playing with a tag. Like I said, we'll see how it ends up! The videos make it look so easy!

Kandie, I hope you can find the blending brushes at the dollar store. I didn't find any at the dollar store here. However, I ordered the make up blending brushes from Amazon. I think it was $10 or so for several sizes and I had watched someone's Youtube video comparing them to the pricier crafting brushes which caused me to go ahead and order the make up ones from Amazon.

Gracie, I signed up last night to host a DTGD challenge too....yikes! Hopefully, it will go well. Of course, we have Ann to help us, right, Ann?!

Sounds like you have been quite productive, Sharon, good for you!

Sorry the cooler weather didn't show up, Annette. And I hope they do clean up their mess!

Glad the wedding went well, Kathy. It is nice that your parents could be there too.

We are headed to my brother's later today as it is his birthday today. I guess I should go check on my tag, see if I can add more to it yet.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:24 PM   #3599
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oops, I forgot to attach the photos!
Attached Thumbnails
3fb449b6-752c-474b-a18f-f378ea60d5ac_1_201_a.jpg   797ebee4-4c90-478e-811e-4815b1aa2bec_1_201_a.jpg  
lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 6 others like this post.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:35 PM   #3600
Proud Fan Club Member

Right after I typed about he wedding j fell asleep and woke up a half hour later with a sinus headache.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.