Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-28-2020, 04:59 PM   #3521
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all! It has been crazy hot here and we don't have air conditioning. Just been catching up on chores and relaxing in the shade with a book.

Glad you are safe Sally! I was concerned about the hurricanes for Texas and Hawaii.

Like many of you, my mojo has left on vacation and forgotten to take me with it. Maybe we can get together soon on a zoom chat, even if it's just to catch up.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #3522
Stazon Splitcoast

forgot to say I am not a fan club Member any more since pass away. So I can't do the DTGD is August 22 - August 28, 2020
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:28 PM   #3523
Stazon Splitcoast

hello Annette
Good to see you!
Old 07-28-2020, 06:25 PM   #3524
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!

This week's letter is "R"!!

Keywords: ABC13R18, ABC13 and your personal keyword!!

Have fun!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:11 PM   #3525
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, thank you, but I did figure it out.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:32 PM   #3526
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! You are probably all in bed sleeping away...I should be trying to do that too!

Sally, glad you are safe and have electricity again. Thanks for letting us know!

Annette, sorry you are dealing with heat - and no AC. Hope it passes soon. My nephew and his wife have been here visiting from Texas. They just moved there earlier this year (before they were in Tennessee). I asked how they liked Texas and they looked at me and said, "It is hot!" Part of the problem though, is that they are living with her grandparents so the house is too warm for them too. My nephew said it was hot here in CA (which it is currently) but then he added, "At least the shade works here!" Probably because of humidity, the shade isn't really cooler there in TX either, at least the area where they are.

I should head to bed, good night!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:14 AM   #3527
Gallery Gazer

Morning, Steve just had a message via our translator Tina that our medical centre has closed!!! Not sure why but it’s worried me as that’s what they did before lockdown.

I’ve been baking, crazy in this heat but I had some sour cream that needed Using, I made blueberry muffins, then I made strawberry jam, we’ve got so many so I just used half a kilo, it’s made three jars, it tastes lovely.
It was so hot last night we went to bed at 9.30 just so we could put the air con on, why we didn’t have it in the lounge I don’t know, I think so we aren’t tempted to spend all day in there! I wouldn’t as I hate being indoors, always seems a waste of a day, I’m missing our walks but I think we have to be careful.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:45 AM   #3528
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, your prizes sound great...enjoy having fun with them. I know what you mean about cards and some hostesses choosing ones that we think belong in the bin. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we are our own worst critics. I must check out your MM posts. Jean is now joining us too. Fun. I was confused about MM too..mine are definitely too much but hey I like them and I think that is what MM is about, any sort of craft plus what Melody says...if there's 2 or more mediums, it's mixed media. Mine are definitely messy MM LOL. If it appeals to your eye and you like it and enjoy making it, that is all that matters. I never think about depth or composition or any of that. I just plonk on my card and go for it LOL.
Sorry to hear about the hassle your DH had to endure at the sale. It must be very stressful for him. I like Melody's suggestion. Hope that your sinus are ok today. Mine were bad again yesterday but ok today...they are something else and I did have dairy today but not so much yesterday. Tomorrow will tell the story.
Thanks for the tip though Ann about the diary. DH thinks I should definitely go off it. I've made a note of DTGD...thanks for that.
Melody, loved the joke. I didn't have my temp taken at the store today but I came home with ice cream too LOL. I met friends for a coffee and one friend went with me browsing the shops. She bought some artificial plants for home as she was spending a fortune on cut flowers and the artificial ones look so real. Well we decided to go for another coffee and she asked me to put her purchases on the seat next to me. When we were leaving, I moved my leg and one rolled off the seat and hit the tiled floor and cracked...oh my. I felt so bad so I ended up having to buy her another one. She didn't want me to but it had cost her $90...now I have a cracked pot which I will glue and paint and have to find a spot for it, plus I will have some explaining to do to DH about why I'm bringing more stuff into the house LOL.
Jan, my sister has just facetimed me and I was telling her about Spain and she says it wasn't the Brits taking it in but from other countries. Well I was insisting it was the Brits and they needed to get their act together LOL. I do think Spain should be doing quarantine though which we do here when overseas travellers go in. Not sure if they do that in the UK now...I know they did months ago when my nephew returned from overseas. Our Premier won't let anyone into our State and why we've hardly had any deaths or the virus and no community spread. We never used to like his politics but now we say he's better than sliced bread and keeping us safe. He is on TV every night saying you can say what you want out there, but this State border stays shut until the virus has gone from Oz...we love him now LOL. At least we can move around our own State now. He stopped that originally and you see houses with camper vans and caravans parked outside. We were told all the young families are buying them so they can get around the State and some regions can't cater for all the people going in. I so hope that you aren't in lockdown again or that it affects your trip.
Catherine, the MM challenge is one that Nancy and I came up with. I just email everyone who wishes to join in. We have Nancy, me, Sharon, Gracie, Jan, Teresa, Kandie, Jean.....and now I will add you to the email list. I will send you an email soon as I have to email Jean the challenges. You can check them out and if you wish to join in, do them all or just pick and choose. No stress. Just have fun....will be good if you join in. That's 2 or more of you now who have said to stop dairy....boo...I like dairy LOL.
Linda, sorry my suggestion won't work. Maybe some of the ladies can think of something that will work for you and with your Dad's help.
Sally, glad you are going ok and survived the Hurricane.
Shirl...I can email you the challenge too. You won't find it on any forum as it's something Nancy and I just emailed to one another and now others have joined in. I will check if your email is on the alpha list and send it to you. You may not like it. It's not a big deal..we watch some videos, take inspiration and go from there. Keep cool. It's still cold here..well to me LOL
Annette, you keep cool too. Yes a zoom catch up would be great. I don't have every day available during the morning/evening but if it's on a day I'm free I'm happy to jump on and find some mojo. I certainly need it too.
Jan, oh no...hope it's not going into lockdown again. Keep safe and well. Those muffins sound yummy. I need to bake again sometime.

Well I think that's all the chat caught up. Tomorrow I'm playing 36 holes of golf...we play this once a year and in a team. It's fun, a long walk and the weather is going to be fine so will be good. I shall be very tired on Friday LOL.

Sharon, I loved the joke too....have you been scrapping and have you done your MM challenge yet? I am still thinking but going to do them for my scrapping.

Where's Gracie? Just realised she's missing...waving and sending hugs.

If I've missed anyone, sorry. Gosh I've been on here a while trying to catch up. DH is now home. Better get off. Bye for now
Old 07-29-2020, 07:19 AM   #3529
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning and Happy Hump Day. The watercolor challenge today is to use cling wrap. I always had fun with that technique although I get as much color on my fingers as I do on the card, lol.

Ann, Dusty Dog turned 11 in March and, boy, is she ever starting to act geriatric! She sleeps half the day, she lays on the couch and stares at me coming in and out of the craft room (she hates that I spend so much time in there). She’s fussy about food, she’ll turn her nose away, and then demand someone tease her, like a growling contest. We pretend we’re going to eat her food and she growls and then takes a bite. Sometimes it does on forEVER.

I still have a bit of dairy, but I had to stop eating my favorite, cottage cheese, because it was causing me major acid reflux.

Kathy, I love fresh-grown tomatoes, still warm from the garden!

Melody, I laughed so hard at your funny that it started a coughing jag, LOL. Great one!

Jan, totally agreed with your comments about Spain and the U.K.!

Melody, ALL TRUE on the mixed media classifications! I think my style might be called everything-I-can-think-of-to-put-on-a-card.

Sally, so glad you are all right! Whoo! Texas has been put through the wringer lately.

Catherine, Dusty goes in for grooming today. We don’t mention it out loud. We both swear she understands English and that there is a tiny person inside the dog outer shell.

Hello Linda and Annette, and everyone I missed!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:26 AM   #3530
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I bit cooler here today! Hooray, air is always on with my asthma and for the dogs. They hate the heat.

The mixed media challenge is posted every Friday on the home page. They are fun. I never used to do them till I really gave it a hard look and said I can do it, two mediums is easy and I do that most often on my cards anyway!

Sally so sorry to hear your power was out for over two days! So glad you are safe!

Hello everyone, hope you all have a good day!! Be back later, dogs are wanting attention!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:32 AM   #3531
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Kandie, we posted almost at the same time!!

I think you are right about Dusty, being human! LOL! Dogs are characters for sure. Athena will have conversations with us, she even stomps her two front paws at us when she wants something! She has attitude! So much so that as a pup, I growled at her and backed her into a corner. She was just so awful and picked on Iris and never listened to anything we told her. Well I showed her I was the dominate person in the house! She stopped messing with me after that! She was just like a bully. Also helped when Iris finally put on the weight and stood up for herself and became the dominate dog in the house! Two dogs are still a pack!

Gracie, I wondered if your dogs were the same, one being dominate?
mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:46 AM   #3532
Proud Fan Club Member

Just a quick pop in to say hello. It is going to be another scorcher here and I wzant to get the dusting and vacuuming done before it gets too hot. I'm hoping to take some crafting supplies out on the patio and play in the shade later. Have a wonderful day everyone, know that I'm thinking of you!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #3533
Stazon Splitcoast

Ouch, Jayne! $90 for a vase? You will have to do some Kintsugi on it.

Add me to the MM list. I'd like to see what it is about. I can't guarantee that I will participate, though. I've been completely lazy lately. I'm sure it's the heat.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:05 AM   #3534
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, so you had to be the Alpha dog, lol. I have to sometimes, but also sometimes Dusty will bare her teeth at me because SHE wants to be the alpha dog! I always lose that one, I get to laughing and blow my tough dog attitude.

Okay, I have to tell you what happened yesterday evening. We decided we wanted a frozen pizza from the freezer. I said I’d make it because DH was tired. So I opened the box, top side up as always, and the frozen pizza was shaped like a manta ray from under the sea, four wavy angles. I was a bit uneasy, did it thaw and refreeze? But I heat up the oven and put it in to cook.

Timer goes off, DH slides a spatula under it to see if the crust was done and tells me it must have been cracked because there is sauce all underneath. We take the pizza out, I look at it and say @#$&%, I put it in the oven upside down!!!!! Apparently it was in the box upside down, I thought I was looking at the frozen crust with lots of cheese because it was just a cheese pizza.

So DH silently but giggling walks into the living room and orders a pizza. He asked for thin crust. It arrives, it’s the thick crust. We eat it anyway. Two pieces left in the box. A bit later he takes his paper plate out to the kitchen, looks at the pizza box and thinks, I might as well throw all this out into the recycling bin.

Later yet he says... I think I accidentally threw away the leftover delivery pizza.... he thought it was the box from the one I ruined, LOL.

Definitely a meal to remember!

Old 07-29-2020, 09:14 AM   #3535
Proud Fan Club Member

I have doctor appointment this afternoon. I know I've gained weight but this heat keeps me inside and a couch potato.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:18 AM   #3536
Gallery Gazer

Kandie that is so funny about the pizza,

I was laughing at the doggies stories, our Sam would stamp his front paws normally when we mentioned a walk, we would spell out WALK else he would dash about giving little barks and stomping his from paws, also BATH, he would actually hide, Steve would carry him upstairs, he was pathetic, he was a cross between a lurched and an old English sheep dog, the build of a lurcher, stick thin so when wet he looked like a drowned rat, he would put his head down, tail right between his legs and shiver, we had to close all the doors else he would run amok, rubbing himself against everything and then shake on every one.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:22 AM   #3537
Gallery Gazer

So we have 19new cases in our town,it’s about three miles away, this afternoon Silvanio came round to say he would bring the glass for the windows tomorrow morning, he took great pains to tell Steve he hasn’t been in any bars or anywhere that’s dangerous, he did have his mask on, poor lad having to work in this heat, it was 32c today, next week the forecast is going over 36c.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:24 AM   #3538
Gallery Gazer

Kathy we are still trying to lose weight from lockdown, I’m trying to swim plenty of lengths now we aren’t walking.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:33 AM   #3539
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! You can add us to the group with hot weather right now - but it is the end of July so I guess it is to be expected.

Jan, I don't like to bake in the summer either. But I do, because we eat all the bread up and I need to make more. We had corn on the cob last night and DH cooked it on the grill to keep the heat outside.

Jayne, I understand about liking dairy. I love cheese and ice cream, the rest I could probably do without. That said, they have wonderful non-dairy "ice cream" options now and, of course, there are ices. I am thankful for these great options now because DD1 and most dairy are not compatible which is why she decided to be vegan.

36 holes of golf?! That would take me FOREVER because I'm such a terrible golfer!

Kandie and Ann, you two crack me up with your alpha dog stories. Honey is so far from an alpha, I don't the alphabet is big enough to describe how far from an alpha she is! Although, since her adventure in the woods, she has become a bit more assertive. She scared DH because he had her locked in her bathroom enclosure which has ALWAYS contained her before. That morning (post disappearance), she was done and ready to come back in but he wasn't there to let her in. She pushed on the enclosure and moved it enough that she was able to squeeze out. He went out to get her and she was gone! Poor guy! But she didn't go down the hill, which is what he thought she did last time. She had gone around the house and was waiting outside the front door. I think she might have taken a few years off his life that morning.

Oh my goodness, Kandie, the pizza dinner story! That cracked me up! I'm glad you got some pizza though.

Hope everything goes well at your appointment, Kathy.

Off to work for me, chat with you later.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:47 AM   #3540
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, that was so funny about the pizza! Some days it's just better to order take out! LOL!
mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #3541
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, that is so funny about the pizzas! I am still laughing!

Kathy , I broke down and have bought some clothes in a bigger size, so I have something to wear!
Old 07-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #3542
Stazon Splitcoast

I have Pizza Hot Pocket for lunch today. I wanted to craft but no help to do so. I wanted back into heavily.....But don't see that happening. Anyway I am glad to see all my old friends here. Ozpom That okay something just can't be helped. I have bought any craft stuffed in 14 mouths or longer either. I wishes I could help people more that hurts!!!!!
Old 07-29-2020, 02:44 PM   #3543
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Kandie, that is so funny about the pizzas! I am still laughing!Kathy , I broke down and have bought some clothes in a bigger size, so I have something to wear!
Well guess what? Doc Says I lost 7 lbs! Has to be stress. I don't eat much during the day but I snack through the night. My lab work was good too!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 07-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #3544
Stazon Splitcoast

Good news right Kathy?
Ann Question for about the Alphabet challenges I have ideal for you. I will ask you later about it.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:36 PM   #3545
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone..heading out soon. Catherine not sure how I will go either at golf lol.

Ann, I always look at the MM challenges every Friday. I check the challenges daily and just note those that appeal to me. Recently none have really grabbed me as my mojo has flown the coop.

Melody will email you details later. It’s nothing new, just more about trying out different things and learning and having fun. I try and combine what I do with other challenges if I can. Which reminds me..I need to do my R card tomorrow.

Kandie, so funny about the pizza.

Yay Kathy, good news.

Jan, I hope you are going ok and no more cases in your town.

Hi everyone else. Must skip and hop and swing lol

Last edited by Ozpom; 07-30-2020 at 03:37 AM..
Old 07-30-2020, 03:27 AM   #3546
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning,

Sally glad you are safe and your power is back.

Jan, Im sorry about the german tourists, which only go to Spain to have party's with lot's of alcohol, and don't follow the rules. Stay safe.

We too are getting mor cases in Germany, because of those tourist's and a lot other young people which have party's, and ignore the rules. They even throw bottles and stones at police officers who try to remind them of the rules.

Yesterday, I made Apple berry (Aronia) jam. We have 3 bushes in the garden. I got 26 jars.

Jayne, good luck at your golf play.

Kathy, that's good news.

Kandie, thats so funny about the pizza.

It's hot over here 32Celcius and for tomorrow they told us 39 Celcius.

I whish you all a good day, stay safe where ever you are. Sending hugs.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:48 AM   #3547
Gallery Gazer

Dagmar, it seems every country has those idiots, fortunately we don’t get many package tours here but some of the Brits who live and come on holiday to our Urbanización can’t keep out of the bars, most are seniors but seem to spend every day drinking.
I go to the PO on the way home and sometimes it’s only 10.30am and there’s always two men sat with a beer!
Old 07-30-2020, 03:54 AM   #3548
Gallery Gazer

Well done Kathy, losing 7 lbs,

We have 21 cases now, The council are saying they are monitoring the situation but aren’t locking down at the moment, the young men came to finish the windowns, he said he is being careful not to go anywhere near the town, our friend was telling us he needed to go to a factory where they are in lockdown to collect some parts, all roads are closed with police blocking the junctions from all motorway exits, he went around from the mountains roads and the police were there too, no way in or out, the police really do what they say they will, thank goodness.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:57 AM   #3549
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry to hear that you are also getting more cases in Germany Dagmar. Keep safe and well.

Same here but luckily not in our State. Over East where Susie loves, they are in lockdown and now 3 girls have taken the virus from Melbourne into Qld after partying and breaking the quarantine rules. Some of the younger generation seem to be citing their constitutional rights and refusing to wear masks etc. it is so frustrating. If only they could see what healthcare workers have to go through to save lives.

Well I did the 36 holes..not sure how I managed it. I just want to curl up and sleep now lol.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:29 AM   #3550
Gallery Gazer

Dagmar I want to ask if you have any cases where you live?

Jayne in England crowds of youngsters went to a pub in the beer garden, now hundreds are being tested, they are blaming the landlord, like he forced them to pack in like sardines, now they are moaning that they have to isolate for ten days.

The new windows look lovely and they made the conservatory looks so much bigger unfortunately now we need to fill some holes in where they took the old frames out and paint as it looks filthy where the windows covered the wall and we couldn’t get in to paint it. Trouble is it’s 36c n there at the moment.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:20 AM   #3551
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Finally, a decent temp and maybe some rain. We went to an estate sale yesterday in an historical part of town, lovely old homes protected by the Historical Society. No modern improvements can be made. Huge wonderfully carved furniture that no one will buy, ceilings nowadays aren’t as high as the headboards on those beds. I loved the house, but boy oh boy was it ever hot in there. Sunshine and 88 outside, everyone wearing masks and dripping sweat inside, and some of the largest industrial fans I have ever seen blowing the hot air around. The company that held the sale are great people, we love to go to anything they have.

I found three jars to hold brushes, which were a small glass tea canister and the matching s&p holders, an old cigar box to put something in, an old book of stamp descriptions on real thin paper I can use for mixed media, a small ceramic thing to put mail in, and DH found something that looks like a Victorian vintage schoolbooks holder with a marble bag attached. We found images similar online but nothing exactly like it. He thought it would look fun hanging in the back porch. Oh yes, and an old ruler gadget for making skirt length. Everything cost only $24. And about a gallon of sweat dripping all over the rugs, floors and tables.
Attached Thumbnails
31a542ad-3e43-4824-938a-3c48a8eecb92.jpg  

Old 07-30-2020, 06:39 AM   #3552
Proud Fan Club Member

By the way, anyone wanting some pages for MM let me know. I’ll mail you some. Here’s a photo of the pages. Nice thin paper.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 07-30-2020, 07:04 AM   #3553
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! I agree with everyone's frustrations with the virus cases. We had zero here for so long that people got complacent and now we have 13. Since our town is so small, that puts us on a provincial watch list. Hopefully people will smarten up.

Great news from your doctor, Kathy! I'm sorry the weight loss is stress related though. Look after yourself.

Way to go Jayne! I'm thoroughly impressed. I can't golf, I tried once and was horrible at it. I'm good at ladder golf though and bowling.

Jan, there's always one more thing that needs to be done isn't there.

Those are some fabulous finds, Kandie. That book will do some really cool MM.

Our weather is cooler for the next 4 days so I will be helping David try to finish the shed before the temps go back up to 31c on Monday.

Have a great day all!

My Gallery

Last edited by AnnetteMac; 07-30-2020 at 07:26 AM..
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:05 AM   #3554
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, we have 2 active cases right now, one person is in the hospital.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:28 AM   #3555
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone!

Sorry to hear about the increase in COVID 19 cases. The county next to us had 17 new cases reported yesterday! YIKES! Scary.

I spent the day with my mom and sister yesterday. It was not pleasant. Enough said.

I'm hoping to do some therapeutic craft today and laundry too! Being busy calms my stress.

Kathy, wow, that's great you've lost weight, but not about the "stress". Hugs

Ann, I love that you’re the Alpha dog! My DH is the Alpha, I'm a pushover. Jenny is the alpha as Sadie was a rescue dog and was 2 years old when we got her. She is more timid and submissive, unless a small dog (our "grand-dog") gets in her face, then she'll snap and growl.

Jayne, 36 holes of golf. I get pooped out after 18. I think I have to swing too much!!! And, we rarely take a cart as we like to walk the course. I'm sure your fast asleep now.

Kandie, your pizza story had me laughing! Oh my, it was like the 3 Stooges, only 2. LOL Great finds at the estate sale. That book will be perfect for MM. I have to get going on my MM...I'm behind in everything lately! I love some of that paper. Thank you for offering to share!

Jan, I'll bet you're loving your new windows! Mine need washing!

Dagmar, that apple berry jam sounds yummy!

Annette, we don't have AC here and I attribute my lack of energy to clean to the heat...oh well, what can one do?

Breakfast is ready... DH made strawberries and waffles...be back later.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:11 AM   #3556
Proud Fan Club Member

My doctor refilled my anxiety meds. He says once I hit 65 they discourage giving them because fall risk, but he will keep an eye on me and will continue giving them to me as long as we both feel safe. He will just have to document that he told me the risks. I haven't needed them much before this year. And I'm hopeful when my stressful situation is resolved by God, I won't need them much again. The pain meds I take a half each night. He's not concerned with filling it since 30 pills last two months. If I were filling more often, that would indicate over use. But I only take a half at bedtime. If I hurt during the day I take Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Nighttime is the worse when you are trying to sleep but hurt.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 08:37 AM   #3557
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Temps are down a bit here too today!

Kandie, some great finds for you!! That book is so fun with those lovely old time images!

Jan, so happy to hear you got the new windows in but the heat yuck!

Annette, have fun with helping with the shed! Yes get it done before the heat comes back!! How is Farley doing with the heat?

I need to get some cards made today, DTGD will be here before we know it! I'm hosting too so need to get samples made.

Later everyone, enjoy your day!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:56 AM   #3558
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, Farley does ok in the heat. He likes to lie on the concrete floor in the garage where it's cool. The only thing he has a hard time with is storms.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:46 PM   #3559
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Kandie, please on the pages. They really look perfect for MM.

Hi Annette.

Kathy, yay for you loosing weight, although it wasn’t a fun way to loose it. I am sorry about that.
Gracie, nice to hear from you. Sorry about your unpleasant day.

Storms and rain this afternoon. It is really raining hard. I already turned off and unplugged my laptop. I was going to craft , but resting instead. I can’t type very well, though. I have a band aid on a finger on each hand. LOL Paper cut right at the cuticle on index finger in right hand. It keeps starting to bleed again every now and then. I jammed my pinkie on my left hand, and broke my pretty turquoise nail clear to the quick and it bled. I forgot the bubble wrap! LOL

I tried the cling wrap water color and it is drying now. Still haven’t made the R card, and my teapot card is not glued together yet. Maybe I will get some mojo after I rest. Ha, it already stopped raining. Didn’t last very long. But I think we are getting more.
Ok, resting....
Old 07-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #3560
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I see we are supposed to add a 'personal keyword' for this challenge. Please enlighten me, as I do not know what that means. Thanks.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.