Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-16-2020, 08:38 AM   #3201
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

So, I guess I will wander back into the craft room and see if that card I was working on is recoverable. And you know it was impossible to visit the craft section of three stores and not buy SOMEthing while I was there. Now my table is covered with crap - I mean, crafty stuff - and it will take forever to clean it off and find a place for everything. Somewhere under it all is yesterday’s project!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:51 AM   #3202
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Hmmm, now I feel left out. I didn't craft yesterday and get frustrated with my project. Oh wait, I simply didn't craft at all! Hopefully I'll have time to play tomorrow...or maybe tonight.

Kathy, I looked in the gallery for yesterday's tutorial and didn't see a project by you and wondered. I'm not sure I have an image for the tutorial either. My background stamps aren't generally overlapping images. I could make a panel like Jayne said, using my stamps and overlapping them. That would certainly give me masking practice!

How fun that you Facetimed and crafted!

How big is your new phone, Jayne? That is how I ended up with my iPhone 5 because the new Android phone that I got was too big to take with me on my runs. So DH took that phone and I took his new (at the time) iPhone 5. I am concerned that when I get a new phone, it will be too big for running with!

Shoot, I just remembered you got your hair done, Jayne, now I really wish I had been on that Facetime chat too!

You were up late, Sharon!

Kandie, I had noticed that Tim Holtz was involved with several brands now. I haven't been inside Michaels, HL, or Joanns in ages though. It seems that Tim Holtz has been attacked online as well as I've seen a post by him about it and then seen posts by Gina K and Jennifer McGuire talking about how wonderful and kind Tim is. I don't know what the original attack was about.

It did seem like HL's paper craft section was changing the last time I was in there and I wasn't sure I liked the changes I was seeing.

I'm glad you were able to sleep until 10! Amazing that Dusty let you do that!

Off to work - that keeps getting in the way of my crafting time! Chat with you later.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:13 AM   #3203
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I'm glad you're checking in but I'm missing your longer and more frequent posts! I'll be glad when life isn't so busy for you!

Melody, you certainly are good at explaining things! I'll see what I can do!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:39 AM   #3204
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm around Kathy, just busy with organizing the house! LOL! Too hot to go outside so decided to clean!

Looked at this week's challenges and the color challenges are nagging at me! Will see what I can do!
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #3205
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine, I didn't craft yesterday either. I'm still cutting up old legal sized folders. I only brought up ONE box, but it's about the size of a ream of card stock (250 sheets), plus it was over the top of the box. I'm getting 2 card bases from each half folder, since most of them are already cut in half, so when I'm done with this one box, that should be 500+ card bases... white, pink, purple, and orange/yellow (like summer sun). There are still more boxes like this in the basement. I'm not sure I want to keep cutting, although I'll be glad when I get finished. I think there are also some blue and some green. Mostly everything is usable, but I do have to trim parts off, so it's extra cutting.

Thanks, Kathy. I hope that helps you.

Kandie, Tim Holtz stamps have always been Stampers Anonymous, his dies are Sizzix, inks and EP are Ranger, and some tools are Tonic. Off hand, I don't know who makes all his embellishments.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:23 AM   #3206
Stazon Splitcoast

Now what would be your reaction if you got an email from JoAnn's headed like this:

We’re closing, you’re saving!

So I open it and it's for Mountain View, CA. I don't think that was very nice of them!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:21 PM   #3207
Proud Fan Club Member

DH says he's going to have to get tested for covid. He works at a large University. But he says there is a saliva test he can choose instead of the nose swab thing..

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #3208
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI all! Missed reading chat. I skimmed through it.

Sounds like Jayne, Sharon and Ann got to Facetime! Such fun!

Kandie, sorry to hear about your sinuses!

Kathy, that will be interesting to see what your DH's results are for Covid. They some people have had it and didn't even realize it.

Well, my mom is doing better and I take her back to Dr. next Wednesday to have her stitches out on her foot. Hopefully, everything works out well for her.

We have gotten DH's Dad into assisted living, he's 94 and his mind is great, but his cancer has spread into his bones and lungs. He has physical therapy for his back, which has a small fracture. So sad to get older and suffer. We can't see him now for at least 2 weeks. Just talk on phone.

In between all of the medical stuff, I spent 2 days helping my best friend (since 7th grade) pack up her house, as she's moving to Montana. All done now. Whew!

I've missed chatting with all of you! I'm tired, but had to go visit my craftroom and check in. Hugs all!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:56 PM   #3209
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, thanks for the clarification! No wonder I couldn’t find some of his products. That man must be worth millions!

mcschmidty, jan31 and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:21 PM   #3210
Gallery Gazer

Morning ladies, l seemed to have missed a lot of chatting,

Kandie sorry you are still suffering

Melody, I had one of those a few years back, the one in Daly City was closing, seems they just moved, I used to love joanns but as we always go over in October, November it’s all taken over by Halloween and Christmas stuff so hardly any craft items, I usually buy online from Joanns, more to chose from.

Gracie you’ve been busy, sorry to hear the news about your FIL, at least he will be looked after, sad getting old isn’t it, good news about your Mum though,

Our DIL had the anti body test and it was negative, I’m not surprised as she has been being careful, the boys have been told school starts back next month but they are worried about letting them go back with the problems in CA.

Walking in a mask is no fun, it’s now law we have to wear a mask all the time when we are out, it’s ridiculous, we can sit out for coffee without one and we are probably closer to people than when we are walking on the Paseo!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:50 PM   #3211
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello!

Son, DIL and baby are back home- what a wonderful week! The baby is so very adorable and sweet!
I have so much stamping to do to catch up- never dreamed I would not stamp for the entire week.....

For all who made a card for Sandy, (Teapot Tuesday) for the pink and purple flowers....she was so overwhelmed and sent a picture to say Thank You!
Sandy's cards Thank You all from the bottom of my heart- you really put a smile on her face and a warm spot in her heart!!!

I have kept up on reading but could not keep up on commenting with company here.

Hugs to all!

Shelly
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:24 AM   #3212
Gallery Gazer

Hi Shelly, pleased to hear you enjoyed seeing the family,
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:27 AM   #3213
Gallery Gazer

We had a lovely walk this morning, we walked along the beach, no mask, it was lovely as there were only a few people around that early although a few were swimming.

We’ve been putting a little bread out for a bird that’s feeding babies, the trouble is now she’s got very aggressive if another bird dares to try to take some, not sure where the nest is as she flies over the back of our villa.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:17 AM   #3214
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. How is everyone? Finally, a day without waking with a headache. Shhhhhh.

The MIX challenge is my favorite kind today, it’s a do whatever you want challenge.

DH went to the store yesterday and was pleased to see maybe 90% of the shoppers were wearing masks. Our local Walmart has three young men at the entrance making sure masks are worn, and our local Kroger store is doing the same. Signs say, can’t wear a mask due to breathing difficulties? Wear a clear face mask. Can’t wear one of those? Please place an order to have curb pickup or have a friend shop for you. Sounds like that store has it covered.

mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:34 AM   #3215
Gallery Gazer

Pleased to hear you are feeling better Kandie. It’s time they made it compulsory in shops as it hygienic.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:00 AM   #3216
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Wow, everyone has been so busy but so happy to hear that you have seen your families!
Hugs to all!

Hopefully taking the day to craft today! Plus finish up some laundry. Got the laundry going already, last load in the dryer.

It's suppose to be super hot this weekend, with the heat index reaching 100 on Saturday. Not nice weather for people like me with asthma! AC don't fail us!

Reminder that next weeks letter is a hard one "Q"! I think I want to go hunt for another quail picture to color! They are so very cute!

Kandie, glad to hear you are doing better today! Allergies are horrible and so are sinus headaches.

Kathy, hoping all is well with your spouse at the university. Prayers for him getting a Covid test.
mcschmidty, muscrat, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:55 AM   #3217
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Kandie! Whoo Hoo, no headache for you! It must feel like heaven!

Hi Jan, Shelly, Ann...I've got 6 cards to make today...so I'd better get busy! I'm so far behind.

Hugs to everyone!
Old 07-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #3218
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Traumatic morning here, I haven't read the chat, I'm just popping on to request your prayers. Our sweet Honey got out of her enclosure this morning when she was let outside to do her business. She has been missing now for several hours. Please pray that we find her soon. Thank you, my friends!
Old 07-17-2020, 11:08 AM   #3219
Proud Fan Club Member

I need to get this week's letter done. Today was Walmart shopping. First I take mom's list and get her stuff. Then I take it out to the car and go back in for my stuff. I take coolers along to keep cold items cold. I bought another box of masks and put some in Mom's van so there will always be some there. I got through Wendy's line for my strawberry salad rather quickly but the line at Dunkin was ridiculous. I waited a long time just for one cup of coffee! The line was out on the highway and with traffic coming the other way and wanting to turn in there also I went down the road a bit turned around and came back. By the time I got back I could at least get off the highway and in line.

I started watching The walking Dead again. I'm on season 2 already. It's scary considering what we're going through today. I'm glad that couldn't really happen but the virus part is eerie.

Walmart is carrying a 5 pack of Hanes masks. They are reusable and washable. I texted my son who works there and he got himself a pack. Right now what he wears is a type of scarf over his face but I think these masks will be much better for him and I will be able to wash one while he's wearing another. I also bought another pack of toilet paper! I have enough for a year I think because I didn't get into my stash that I had before the virus hit. I only use Scot so I buy it when I see it. It's easier on our septic system. I wanted to get another bottle of Lysol that you add to your laundry but they didn't have any today.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #3220
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimick
View Post

Traumatic morning here, I haven't read the chat, I'm just popping on to request your prayers. Our sweet Honey got out of her enclosure this morning when she was let outside to do her business. She has been missing now for several hours. Please pray that we find her soon. Thank you, my friends!

Oh no! Catherine, I'm so sorry! I'll pray for her safe return! Sending you hugs!
Old 07-17-2020, 03:13 PM   #3221
Proud Fan Club Member

I missed your post Catherine because we were posting at the same time. Will pray for Honey's safe return.

On another note, DH and I ordered a ham and cheese Cosmo. That's a hoagie that they heat. Just in case no one knows. He got it home and they forgot the ham and cheese! He had to go back and he's just now home again

Daily Scripture Thread

Last edited by muscrat; 07-17-2020 at 03:41 PM..
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:41 PM   #3222
Proud Fan Club Member

Still praying honey will be found.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 05:24 PM   #3223
Proud Fan Club Member

I keep checking in to see if there's any news. I remember when we would leash the cat out with a harness and he'd slip out of that harness. He usually never went far but I always got into a panic because the farmers are in the fields with large equipment. I don't let him out anymore

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 05:40 PM   #3224
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sadly she is still missing. We have hiked all over, driven all over, even farther than we think she would go. Our kind neighbor is out looking for her with his dog. He says if there is a dog out there, his dog will find her.

We are greatly concerned because we don't think she can survive overnight on her own - not to mention the wild critters here.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #3225
Proud Fan Club Member

What is your enclosed area like? Just wondering if she could get under your house. I want to come help hunt for her!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 06:38 PM   #3226
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been out watching the space station pass overhead. Later I may get to see Neowise comet.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #3227
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, so sorry about Honey! She must be so scared! I sure hope you can find her before dark. I wish I could help! BIG HUGS and prayers. Maybe someone found her and has her safely in their home.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #3228
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, that is what we are hoping for, that someone has her. We've looked and looked but no luck. Our neighbor took his dog out to look for her down his property and then came and searched down the hill behind our house too. No luck.

Kathy, there isn't any way for her to get under the house.

If only she was more dog like and likely to make noise. I have been so concerned about how scared she must be. To think I was going to craft today.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:02 PM   #3229
Proud Fan Club Member

Does she have a collar and tags? Maybe someone has her inside for the night.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #3230
Proud Fan Club Member

I can see the Neowise comet! I see it even better with binoculars! It won't be visible for another 6800 years so if you can, go look! It's under the ladle of the big Dipper!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 07:54 PM   #3231
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, she has a collar and tags. Our phone number is on one of her tags but DD1 thinks the number is faded. That is our hope and prayer, that someone has her inside. DD1 just said that because Honey doesn't like to walk, her theory is that someone has found her and has her with them and that, even if we don't get her back, someone is taking care of her. We have all shed a lot of tears today and I pretty much haven't functioned at all other than looking for Honey.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:02 PM   #3232
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

(((Catherine))). I hope when you read this that Honey is back safely with you
Old 07-17-2020, 09:08 PM   #3233
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine I'm praying for you, your family and Honey. My heart breaks for you all. Hugs.

My Gallery
Old 07-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #3234
Gallery Gazer

Catherine I’ve just read your post, I’m so sorry to hear about Honey, sending you big hugs, I hope you find her soon.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:29 PM   #3235
Proud Fan Club Member

I was trying to think of something comforting to say, but words just won't help. Just keep praying. God has answered many prayers simply because we don't give up. We are persistent.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:57 PM   #3236
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine, have you tried posting something about Honey on facebook?
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:01 PM   #3237
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!

Stayed up to late working on three cards for the color challenge this week!

Anyone else taking the challenge for prizes for the color challenge this week!

Still have three more cards to make to be eligible for the big prize, will see if I can make it!

Have a good night everyone, whats left of it!

Sleep well!
mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:06 PM   #3238
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my, I just read the posts! Catherine and family, sending prayers for Honey to be returned to you! My heart aches for all of you. Hugs to all of you.
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-18-2020, 04:42 AM   #3239
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Just checking in and was hoping that there would be a post from Catherine to say Honey was back home safely. Hopefully she is.

Kandie glad that your headaches have gone and MM is probably my favourite challenge Some of us are doing a MM challenge(monthly) with Nancy (Williams). If any of you would like to join in, I will email you our current challenge. I’m loving it as it pushes me out of my comfort zone plus I’m using mediums I enjoy.

I’ve just made 3 cards, including my Q card. We are heading south for a few days..I will try and post my card when away if I can. My MIL doesn’t have the net so I will have to find an alternative.

Shelly, glad that you had a wonderful time with your son and family.

Ann, Sharon was doing all of the colour challenges. I looked at them and decided to give them a miss as I’m already behind on craft and scrapping. Good luck in the comp.

The craft and FaceTime chat with Sharon was fun. I didn’t contact others as I wasn’t sure who would be up as it was your late evening, plus I knew some of you were busy with other things. It was a spontaneous thing arranged at the last minute. I like those and we both managed to make some cards lol. We actually commented on how quiet we were lol.

Catherine, my phone is approximately 15.4x7.5 cm. It’s not much different from my 6S other than the screen is bigger, it has face recognition (which I love) and the camera is much better. Other than that it’s not much different.

Sending hugs and waving. I’ll keep checking in to see if there’s good news.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:36 AM   #3240
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, my heart just sunk when I read your post. I have nightmares now and then about losing Dusty. I am so very sorry she got out, and like Kathy, I wish I was there to help you search. Did you say she has a chip? Is there a Humane Society of some kind there where you can leave a message? I am so much sending your entire family prayers for her recovery.

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.