Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-08-2020, 10:21 PM   #3081
Gallery Gazer

Our dog Sam hated the vets, as soon as he got out of the car he would dig his claws into the ground and have to be pulled along, he was too big to carry so he would be pulled across the floor and he would shake the whole time, made us feel so awful!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:02 PM   #3082
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That reminds me even more of my dad. He would fall asleep and then insist that he wasn't sleeping. My SIL took a picture of him sprawling asleep in their recliner and, on the back, wrote, "I'm not sleeping!" Made me laugh! My mom would also get upset with dad for falling asleep but, fortunately, they lived in the same town for years and years, so their friends knew it wasn't dad being rude, that was just how he was.

We are fortunate with Honey because we can just pick her up. She only weighs about 11 pounds. We do feel badly though, because she also shakes the whole time. Poor sweet girl!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:49 PM   #3083
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving Hello!

My son is arriving in the AM- hubby will pick them up from the airport! I did not finish getting everything put away, but...oh well! They do not have stairs, so we'll see how it goes with a 14 month old and stairs upstairs and downstairs too!

I am SO EXCITED!

I have not finished N or OW, but I will catch up when I can. Family first : )

Gracie- hope your mom did well and does not have too much pain. And, enjoy those kids!

Jayne- hoping all is well! Hope your weather is well and you are golfing!

Sharon- hope all is well with you as well.

Catherine- we do not drink coffee either. While DD1 is here, my hubby may drink a bit of coffee, but he has not had it since she went back home.

Kathy and Kandie- so sorry for your allergy issues!

Ann and Melodie- we had some rain, but sounds like you got a doozie of a storm!

Hubby is like all of yours- he takes a nap before he goes to bed! LOL

We are having a crazy week- SIL mom passed away overnight on the 4th, they traveled from Tx to Mississippi for the service with their 4 kids.... and one of our dear college friends mom passed yesterday. We had dinner with her when we went to Florida last November- so unreal that she has passed! When I worked at the hospital, deaths came in 3's... and that is so true- and the full moon thing is so true about bringing in the drug OD's and women in labor etc as well!

Jan- the case uptick is something many people do not believe- I am a bit worried about hubby playing baseball, and son's visit... he woks in a hospital and is on a plane from Denver. But, I want to see the baby!

We have set up fun things for the kids- we have a pad about 6' wide and flat that you hook up to the hose and it has a sprinkler edging around it... Hope the baby likes it!

Hope you are all well! Enjoy those who are close and give lots of hugs! I have to say how blessed I feel to have met all of you ladies- and Thanks to Jayne for inviting me to this group! Ann, love this challenge!

Hugs to all
Shelly
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:55 AM   #3084
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, enjoy every minute with your poppet and family. People before paper. So sorry to read about the passings of family members and a friend at this time. Hugs.

All well this end and yes I did play golf today...well let’s say I went. Beautiful day at 19 degrees and I had 4 layers on. Now home and I have photos on our pc to start sorting out. It’s been way too long.

I hope that everyone’s allergies have improved. I’m still on meds for my infection and had to have a second dose. It’s really knocked me for 6 and lack of sleep doesn’t help. We go for 10 days not sleeping well and then have one night where we sleep until 6.30/7am. Crazy.

My parents had 2 boys and 2 girls. I’m the youngest and an accident, so I used to be told a lot. My eldest brother died a long time before I was born. My sister and brother are 8 and 7 years older than me so I always felt like an only child. My parents both worked full time so I was raised by my grandmother and an aunt. I don’t remember a lot about my childhood until I was about 8. My parents always seemed old to me as my dad was in his 40s when they had me but now I think it’s young LOL. My dad always used to fall asleep in his chair every arvo and on Sundays always went to bed after Sunday roast lunch. My mum used to fall asleep on the sofa and I would play on the stairs with my paper dolls LOL. My sister tells me that’s all she remembers about me. My brother was always out playing football (soccer) or tennis or cricket. I used to play cricket with him during summer when I was younger.

I received cards during the past week from Shirl, Kathy and Annette...thank you ladies. I have cards overflowing in my craft room that I’ve made so I need to pull my finger out and mail some.

Jan, yes some people are becoming complacent around the world about the virus now. Melbourne went back into lockdown last night for 6 weeks and all because of some silly selfish people who thought they were immune and then spread it into the community. It’s so sad after they had got down to zero cases. Travellers are still coming in and I wonder why people are now only arriving back home 4 months after the virus started. I know I would want to get home as quickly as possible. It seems we are getting the virus from all of the travellers returning. I’m still not hugging apart from family members and friends look at me as though I’m an alien so I may have to start wearing a green suit LOL.

Jan how is your patio going and is Steve ok now? I’m reading Seven Sisters that my sister recommended to me years ago. It’s ok and a very easy read. I like a book that gets me on the first chapter and I just can’t put down...I thought this one would but it hasn’t. I must be getting choosy in my old age.

DH wasn’t well yesterday and had a fever and we were concerned but knew it was highly unlikely that he needed to take the test for Covid as we have no community spread here. He seems ok today and we now think he may have been bitten by something that gave him an allergic reaction as he’s got a bite mark on his leg...maybe a spider or a tick. I did manage to get whatever was in there out yesterday and it wasn’t a tick so now we are back to the spider theory.

Gracie, love your 2 pairs of glasses. I do that sometimes...I put my reading glasses on top of my long distance ones. How’s your mum going and how is your arm/wrist?

Sharon, where are you...hope that you are ok.

Time for me to press on. Hugs to you all and have a wonderful week and weekend.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:35 AM   #3085
Gallery Gazer

Shelly you must be so excited to see them, have a lovely time. Our eldest said they might be able to come over in october when our GS has a week off school, he Is starting school in September, they will wait and see what is happening in the world by then although we are driving to England At the end of August to see them for three weeks, well if all is ok for travelling by them.
The spanish people are complains about visitors as two towns are again in lockdown. Again and we now have new cases where we didn’t have any for a month or so!

Good news is that after Brexit the spanish government have told us that we dont need any new paperwork if we already have residentia, which we have and we can continue with health care here so no worries as we were working out how we could still spend most of our time here if they said we couldn’t have health care after December. It’s a big relief as I was quite worried about spending any money on the villa in case we had to sell up.

Jayne Steve is ok although he says he can still feel a twinge when he gets up in the morning. We are still waiting for the windows!!! We have had to stop any work for now as it’s just too hot, we don’t get shade until after 4pm at the side of the villa.
I saw some metal that I thought we could use to cover the BBQ but we are going to wait until autumn before we do anything seeing as we aren’t having visitors,

Our youngest started wearing glass for reading last year, when the opticians opened up again he rang to order a couple of extra pairs, to leave one at work and one in his car, she explained that he wouldn’t be covered by his medical insurance so he said he would pay.
Last week she rang to say they were ready for collection, as she was saying goodbye she suddenly asked him if he wanted Lens in them!! He said he was very tempted to be sarcastic, he made me laugh, he said maybe she thought he wanted them just to wear to look intelligent or maybe in a play where he needed To wear glasses, I couldn't stop laughing the thought of him wearing glasses with no lens, why would she even think he didn’t want lens in them, I still can’t believe it!

Steve has His yearly cardiology appointment tomorrow, he made me smile as it’s at 12.15 so he’s already planned his day, for breakfast he’s having poached eggs on pikelets, after the hospital he wants to go into Murcia to the Apple shop to buy a new mini iPad, his doesn’t get the security updates any more! He’s such a creature of habit and has to have a plan every day, the other day he decided we would walk the opposite way around the marina, his idea of being spontaneous,LOL
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:49 AM   #3086
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone. I’ve caught up on posts and have forgotten most of it. Not awake yet. Another day in the 90s with humidity the same high. It’s Thursday, DH wants to go to estate sales. I don’t. With psoriasis all over my legs, I have to wear long pants, and it’s just too hot out for that. And long pants aggravate the condition.

Does anyone have any local commercials that just make you want to reach into the screen and strangle the people? There are four running lately that get my last nerve vibrating. Even DH gets annoyed with their screaming ads. I just hit the Mute button.

Speaking of, does anyone have an iPhone that suddenly pops into Siri mode? By itself? Sitting on the end table? Mine is developing this bad habit. This last time DH and I were yakking and suddenly my phone said Here are some things you can ask me. I yelled Oh Shut Up! and my phone responded, Well, that wasn’t very nice. Lol

I wish everyone a great and comfortable day! Off to check out the challenge for today.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:52 AM   #3087
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Have to keep this short, storms brewing. Heavy lightening already!

So good morning and have a good day! Later signing off!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:29 AM   #3088
Gallery Gazer

Kandie our phones do that, even if i am talking To our son on FaceTime, Steve will say something and Siri pipes up, we couldn’t believe it when it first happened, makes you think who is listening to your conversations!

Sorry to hear you have psoriasis, my grandma had it on her elbows and knees really bad, she never wore short sleeves and always wore dresses over her knees although in those days grandmas did wear those type of dresses! LOL
I very rarely wear a dress or skirt,I feel so strange when I do, when we go from shorts back to long trousers I hate it as they cling to your legs so I can imagine how they would irritate your legs.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #3089
Gallery Gazer

There’s a commercial on at the moment at every interval with a man driving an old car just grinning at the camera, I don’t have a clue what it’s about, I tell steve to whizz it on as I can’t stand to watch, there’s another advertising a flash cleaning product with a man cleaning a Dirty mark on the wall singing about how good it is to the Queen record, Flash, it’s so embarrassing! Luckily Steve records most problems so we can whizz through them all,
we decided to buy a small carpet cleaner as we saw an advert during lockdown, would you believe that it’s never actually on now we wanted to see what make it is so we can buy it in England
Old 07-09-2020, 07:18 AM   #3090
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies. Another hot day today. Up to 90 predicted. Storms this afternoon. Whatever Ann is getting this morning missed me.

I'm still working on ink storage. I'm on the last one. I glued on the back this morning, and now I have to stamp some more white card stock with my birds for the outside. There is always a little trimming involved after the glue is set, because they are never perfectly aligned everywhere. That's what you get with hand made. I will try to get a picture of all of them together when I get done. I'm not sure how I'm going to set them up to use, but at least my inks will be accessible. I still have a few SU inks that don't fit in the holder, so I may have to build a small holder to fit on top of that to accommodate those. They are all older retired inks, and I seldom use them, but don't want to get rid of them.

I am way behind on my alpha cards, because I haven't done any card crafting lately. Last one I did was K. But I have been enjoying putting together the ink storage.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 07-09-2020, 09:26 AM   #3091
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I just posted my two OW cards and wanted to check in quickly. It is supposed to be warm today and I have a long day ahead of me so going to try to get the groceries before work.

Shelly, I am sitting here with my second cup of coffee while I read and type. I am sorry for the losses you have experienced. I, too, have found that it seems to come in 3s, not sure why.

So happy for you that you get to have your son and his family (especially the baby!) for a visit.

Jayne, so you grew up feeling like an only child too? I can relate. Glad your DH is better, spider bites can be concerning.

Glad for your good news regarding insurance, Jan. As for the glasses, I think more people are wearing them without lenses as a fashion accessory - a trend I do NOT understand!

Kandie, I would be very annoyed if my iPhone did that! I think I turned Siri off though.

And yes, Jan, I have wondered who is listening in on our conversations!

More storms, Ann? You are getting a lot of them.

I look forward to the photo, Melody. I can't wait to see all of them!

Must run to shop and then a long day at work. Talk to you later!
Old 07-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #3092
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, I'm glad Gracie is in Wisconsin because Arizona is considering closing again! It breaks my heart that people think they're smarter than health officials and don't listen at all!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 07-09-2020, 04:25 PM   #3093
Stazon Splitcoast

We went and picked up lunch from a food truck today, that parks at various businesses - different each day, but they also do private parties. I got pulled pork, and DH got 3 different things. We both got just meat. That's all he ate, but I had buns and the makings for cole slaw at home. So yummy. We wore our masks, but no one else was, but they were all keeping some distance, maybe because of our masks reminding them?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:48 PM   #3094
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry I haven’t checked in. Thanks for thinking of me. I did kind of have to have some rest time. I was sore, then went to PT on Tuesday, after which I was really hurting. Took a pain pill. The PT checked me out and didn’t think I damaged anything. I just had a black eye and bandaids on etc. LOL I am still doing all my stretches and weights.

Storms woke us up at 4 this morning. But then it was cool enough for a short walk. But next week 106 and temps like that!

I worked on my Scrapbook Technique Challenge today and finally got it posted.

Melody, we went and brought in barbecued pork samwiches with the cole slaw on them. They call them Carolinas. So good!

There was so much to Catch up on, and I just scanned over it. My DH can fall asleep when we are Skyping with our kids! They all are talking, and I look over and his eyes are closed!

Shelly, I am glad Jayne invited you, too. I wish we were all closer geographically! Wouldn’t we just have so much fun!

Catherine, thank you for all the love on my VSN cards! Wow! You are catching Ann!

I am going to bed now. We were up early since the storms woke us.

I need a zoom or a FaceTime, soon.
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:13 PM   #3095
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon thanks for checking in. We were worried about you. A black eye? You really do it good when you tumble!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:59 PM   #3096
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

What a LONG, busy day. I didn't leave work until 6:30 pm (I usually leave at 3 pm) and then still had to do a bit more shopping. I'm so thankful that I did one of the stops before work. I didn't get home until just after 8 pm - and still had to have dinner and do my exercises!

Sharon, glad you checked in and I'd love to Zoom or Facetime!

We have triple digits headed our way too.

Oh, and I'm not catching up with Ann. I finally stopped commenting on every card but tried to make sure I commented on every Alpha sisters' cards and whatever others caught my eye (or they had commented on mine).

I should head to bed, good night!

Last edited by cdimick; 07-10-2020 at 09:50 AM..
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:07 AM   #3097
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning, everyone. NOT good morning, my goodness, Ann, those storms went through here during the night, and Dusty was panting in our faces and standing on each of us with her two front feet, neither of us got any rest. She got me up to take her out at 3, then again at nearly 4, DH couldn’t get any rest so he went out to the living room. Then she jumped off the bed and went out to pester him, I could hear him saying over and over, Dusty what do you WANT.

So here we are, both of us tired, with coffee to wake up and Tylenol for headaches, and guess who is asleep?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

mcschmidty, jan31 and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:08 AM   #3098
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. So dark here, At 9:00 in the morning, because of rain and storms again.

Catherine, what a long day! I hope you got it all done! And I hope you got a good night’s rest.

Kathy, I tried to get a selfy of it, but couldn’t. Now it is starting to look better. My right thumb is still sore, that is where I have arthritis so bad, too. And the left hand is what broke my fall, so don’t know why the other is so sore. It feels sprained. Oh, well, I just confessed my wining to the Lord not 15 minutes ago and here I am grumbling again! I have both arms both legs, and they all work. Thank you Lord!

I don’t know how in this rainy weather, but DH is planning to grill hamburgers out today.

How did your mom’s surgery go, Gracie?
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:25 AM   #3099
Gallery Gazer

Sharon I’m pleased to see you back!

Great news steve had his cardiologist appointment at lunchtime, all his bloods and ultra sound tests were good and he doesn’t have to go for any more tests or appointments!
They said his results have been stable for the last four years so there’s no need!
He had a young student with him so he didn’t speak, she told us ,we think that the leaky value is healed due to the meds etc but she didn’t speak brilliant English so we aren’t quite sure that’s what she meant. We have a letter for Miriam our doctor so she will explain in more details when Steve next does for his blood tests.
I tell you he nearly skipped out of his office he was so pleased.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:28 AM   #3100
Gallery Gazer

Just have to show you this photo of the ever growing pups
Attached Thumbnails
fda4bbdf-a8d2-43f9-bc30-44bc718bc50a.jpeg  
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:32 AM   #3101
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I have the plaque psoriasis, it flares in small spots that then keep getting worse, I was helping SS1 at one of his estate sales where I got bit on my leg by bedbugs, they were in the upholstered furniture. The bites caused an autoimmune response or something like that, everything going to the sites of the bites to heal, only it never stopped, and everything, I mean everything, causes flare-ups. Heat, cold, stress, food, you name it. We don’t qualify for help from makers of psoriasis drugs, DH’s pension makes us over the limit, and the cheapest co-pay we found was 850 a month. So I struggle, and the condition is in my joints now, that’s what’s messing up my right hand. Relatives’ dramas and world news drive me nuts. Crafting and reading keep me calm.

But not those stupid commercials! Aargh, I could strangle every loudmouth on TV, lol!

So, as I say, Melody, it’s whatever makes you happy, and if making towers for ink pads makes you happy, then I say go for it!

Catherine, our friends in Red Bluff are sure suffering from the heat. We got a call on Wednesday, the husband was rushed to the veteran’s hospital with dizziness, nausea and vomiting and the hospital staff thought he had the virus, tested him, decided he didn’t, and sent him by ambulance to another hospital where he spent 10 hours in the emergency room. It was finally decided he was very dehydrated. He told DH when he called yesterday that temps in Red Bluff were 104 with 20% humidity, and firestorms are beginning to be a possibility. Have you heard anything about that in Sacramento?

Ann, we sure had the storms and driving rain! But no wind. Absolutely straight down, like a curtain!

Kathy, my DB lives in Phoenix, AZ, he calls DSM every evening, and he tells her the pandemic is going crazy.

Hi, Sharon, glad to hear from you!!! Are you wearing your bubble wrap clothing?

Hello to everyone!

mcschmidty, jan31 and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:32 AM   #3102
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm back home with 3 granddaughters. I have internet again...if that's what you call it...more like 1990's internet service. My mom's foot surgery went well. She talks nonstop and I'm sure it's because she's lonely. My ears do need a rest though. LOL

The girls stayed up late watching movies last night. We watched the dog movie, "Eight Below." It was really good. They slept in this morning. I'm sure we'll be swimming today as it's going to be in the 80's.

I read all the chat I've missed for 2 days, but do you think I can remember it all? Nope. I'll try to hit a few highlights.

Melody that pork sandwich sounds yummy. Can't wait to see more ink hotels.

Sharon, I'm so glad you didn't break anything! A black eye...oh my!

Shelly, sorry to hear about your friend's and cousin's moms dying. I hope you have fun with your family and the baby! Yay!

Catherine, you are so good at commenting on cards. I'm sure I won't get much done now with the GDs here. Triple digits...Wow! Stay cool. I see it's very hot back in Arizona too!

Ann, thinking of you! Hope the weather has settled down. Sending you lots of hugs.

Jayne, I wish we all could send you some of our warm weather. Sending hugs!

Jan, sorry to hear that the virus is returning there. I think it's headed up everywhere. I love when you said your DH suggested walking in the reverse direction around the marina..."his idea of spontaneity." LOL Glad his back is OK.

Kandie, I don't have a talking phone or computer. My ipad does have Siri but I've never used it. Hope your psoriasis has calmed down. So miserable, especially in this heat.

Kathy, I'm glad I'm in Wisconsin rather than AZ too. Not only have the cases increased there, but the weather is really hot...triple digits. Hope you are doing well.

Sending HUGS to all! I'd better help feed the girls before they get hangry!
Old 07-10-2020, 07:35 AM   #3103
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Cute puppies Jan! So glad Steve's checkup went so well! Yay!

Kandie, I think you should bug Dusty now that he's sleeping!
Old 07-10-2020, 07:44 AM   #3104
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Went to bed last night with it pouring and rained a good portion of the night. So lack of sleep for me today too.

Sharon, so glad you are ok! We all have to be careful what we are doing!

I'm a good one to talk! I got hit in the mouth by the lid of a frying pan! Opened the cupboard to put away another pan and the lid slid down off the second shelf and hit me right in my mouth! Of course blood! Yuck! Iced it so it is just a bit sore today!

Catherine you really had a long day! You must have been so tired! So when did you go to bed that night?

Shelly, enjoy your family!! Sounds wonderful to have them visit! A bit of normalcy!

Kandie, don't you just love it when the doggies keep you up at night! They are our kids. You need to take a nap too today!

Off to finish some cleaning, I am perching stuff in the basement! Too hot for outside so working on inside stuff.

Hugs to all and have a good day!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:13 AM   #3105
Gallery Gazer

We were up at 7.30 this morning but didn’t walk with going to the hospital, I cleaned the villa, Steve cleaned the pool, it’s too hot later to do anything.

Coming back on the motorway the chicken factory has a thermometer, it said 37c at 2.35pm, the hottest yet, we have had a swim, pool water 31c, we are now sat in the shade, Steve a sin alcohol beer, me a white wine spritzer to celebrate.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:39 AM   #3106
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. Much cooler this morning after the storms last night, but still predicted to get up to 80 today. My daughter sent a video last night of the cars going through the 'pond' on her corner. That's what she called it. She lives sorta at the bottom of a hill at a crossroad with another street intersecting there as well, so really busy traffic. My son's response was 'go swimming'. LOL Our ditch was probably a river, but it was too dark to see. This morning there are a lot of dead leaves there, though, which is what happens when the water rushes through.

I finished the last ink storage, but the photo will have to wait until I clean and clear space to work in the dining room instead of the kitchen. I'm not very fast at that process, so it may be awhile.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #3107
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Ann! It hurts to hear about that lid hitting you in the mouth! You need bubble wrap, too!

Have fun with your DGDs, Gracie!

Melody, I love your ink pad hotels , and can’t wait to see the newest one!

I feel bad that you suffer so much from plaque psoriasis, Kandie. And Kandie, have you checked out Good RX? My dr. recommended it for my Voltran gel. It was $90 w/o coupon and $14 with it! They now sell a gel over the counter, but smaller and more expensive, than the one I had a prescription for. My plan didn’t cover it, or any plan. And even though we are on a Medicare drug plan, I could use their coupon. Usually, you can’t if you are on Medicare. I just download the ap and then did the search for my med and then a coupon comes up and you just show it to the pharmacist. So at least for this time, it worked.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:01 AM   #3108
Proud Fan Club Member

All of my corn relish jars have sealed! Its a lot of work, but DH rarely asks for anything. Now I only hope its as good as he remembers!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 10:11 AM   #3109
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is already warm outside here (and just now 10 am). I need to head over to my brother's house to pick some of his blueberries that he said he'd share with us. They are so wonderful! Though after eating them, the ones I can buy in the store have no flavor!

Ann, I went to bed late because I'm not smart enough to go to bed early! It just isn't in my DNA. I did get 7 hours of sleep last night - which is a long night for me.

Kandie, I swear Dusty and Honey are siblings! She is so adorable but can be such a pest! Right now she is curled up on the love seat snoring away. I have discovered that if I put a blanket over her, she will settle down.

Sharon, I'm glad your eye is looking better.

Jan, yay for wonderful results for Steve at the doctor's office! And those pups are so adorable!

Kandie, yes, Red Bluff is definitely hotter than where we are which was a surprise to me. Your poor friends, when you were describing his symptoms, I wondered about dehydration. And it is such a terrible time to have to go to the hospital with no one able to be there with you to advocate for you. Fire is always a danger around here. We have been busy clearing outside around our house. There is an empty field beside our house that we have no idea who owns it, but DH has been clearing it as well because it is right by our house. When I say clearing it, I mean cleaning up the brush on the ground (fire tinder). Down where I work, they are expecting triple digits the next few days but at our house it will be mid 90s and I am so thankful for the three new windows. They make such a difference.

I'm glad your mom's surgery went well, Gracie. Yes, I'm sure your mom is lonely. I heard something about Payson, AZ on the news on my way home. Is there a fire near there? It made me think of you and I was glad you aren't there!

Did you get your July fan club cards done?

Oh no, Ann! That sounds so painful. Glad it didn't knock any teeth out!

Are you done yet, Melody? Cleaning the dining room that is. Looking forward to the photos!
Old 07-10-2020, 10:12 AM   #3110
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You are canning, Kathy?
Old 07-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #3111
Stazon Splitcoast

hahahaha, Catherine!
Old 07-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #3112
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just thought I'd ask, Melody!
Old 07-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #3113
Stazon Splitcoast

I did go down in the basement this morning and purged some more books, though. The next box I came to, which was too heavy to move, belongs to DH, so he gets to do something with those. Looked like textbooks... uhm, why is he keeping those? Probably the same reason I have stuff from 40 years ago. But I'm slowly making progress.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #3114
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
You are canning, Kathy?
Yes, just 3 quarts of corn relish. Did them in pints since DH is the only one who eats it and he bought everything yesterday to make it.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, cdimick and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #3115
Proud Fan Club Member

I just do the open kettle method. I don't water bath or pressure cook.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 10:50 AM   #3116
Proud Fan Club Member

I still need to make my five layer chocolate dessert for card class tomorrow to celebrate demo friends birthday. Her birthday isn't until the 31st, but since the next class won't be until august we celebrate this weekend. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #3117
Proud Fan Club Member

5 layers? Kathy? Wow! I have made a 3 layer cake and for me that was a big deal!
I want to see a photo of the finished cake.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:24 PM   #3118
Proud Fan Club Member

Its not really a cake. It has a walnut crust, layer of cream cheese, layer of chocolate pudding, layer of bananas and cool whip on the top. Very cool and refreshing!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #3119
Proud Fan Club Member

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #3120
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds yummy, Kathy. However, I could totally see myself making some changes. Graham cracker crust, and switching out the bananas for a pie filling (cherry or apple), or peaches.