Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #3041
Proud Fan Club Member

If you're interested in seeing what will be coming in the new holiday catalog, the paper pixie must've bought it all!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #3042
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Please keep your heat and don't share it here! It is currently just after 9 am and 73 degrees. I'd be happy for it to stay there all day but, of course, it won't. Our forecast high is 89. I think the heat is expected next weekend.

Yesterday evening, DD2 came out and said the fawns could be seen from her bedroom window. So, of course, DD1, DH, and I all went to her bedroom. There are two little fawns, still with their spots, that keep coming around with their moms. At first, we thought they were twins but we watched them enough yesterday evening to see that they each went with the two does that were out there with them. They are so cute! And they bounce when they run. We watched them for quite a while before they bounced off down the hill.

Ann, you are always ahead on things so that is why we thought Christmas card already!

Slow internet is so frustrating, Gracie! Good luck uploading your July fan club cards. Last month was my last month.

Jan, I'm glad that Steve is OK. I should mention that my brother is more than a decade older than me. My parents had three kids but we were so far apart that it was almost more like being an only child.

Sorry it is so hot there!

Kandie, it sounds like your DH might be open to the magnet idea for a garage tool. LOL at Dusty stealing his place in bed! Honey, for some reason, prefers to sit where I sit on the couch so she often steals my seat if I get up for any reason!

Yes, Gracie, it would be lovely if our fat cells shrunk in the heat! If only!

I was commenting on VSN cards yesterday off and on all day. I finally was too tired to do any more so I went to bed. I still have several VSN galleries to work through.
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:49 AM   #3043
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello to all! We had a busy weekend- drove to my sister's on Saturday and had a social distancing day- swam in the pool- awww that was fabulous! Then, we cooked in the kitchen- wore masks while in the house. My DD1 came and hubby too. DD1 left the dog at home too. My sister lives in the country, so it was fun to see many birds there as well.

Our son arrives on Thursday, cannot wait to see the baby! We are cleaning and preparing. DD1 left last night after dinner and will stay in Chicago until Thursday I think (took pup too). I cannot believe how much hair the dog sheds- he is a short hair.....

We set up a small little pool in the backyard 6' and about 10" deep. Perfect size for the little ones, oh and the pup got in it as well.....

Goodness Sharon- glad to hear you did not hurt anything!

Gracie- boo for poor internet! But, yeah for beautiful scenery and a lake to swim in! LOL, I am all for the fat shrinking idea in the heat!!!

Catherine- fun to be home alone! Since the pandemic, I have only had that once....and it was great! Sweet to see baby fawns- do they eat your flowers too??? LOL

Kandie- glad you are feeling better- this is a weird allergy year for sure! Fun to visit the estate sales and buy up fun reusable items. LOL on the pup stealing hubbies place in bed!

Ann- we have the same hot weather here- I think the humidity will be on the rise this week!

Kathy- I did not watch the entire video, but looks like quite a few cool stamp and die bundles! That lady much have spent a fortune! LOL

Jan- glad hubbies back is OK!

Off to Physical Therapy (I say the PT stands for pain and torture). After 2 sessions last week, I am so very sore and stiff! I have 3 sessions this week- hope the hips feel better with the progression of exercises. The accident happened in March- so three months for the muscles to lock up.....

Oh- Hamilton on Hulu/Disney Plus was fabulous. We put on the subtitles and really really enjoyed it!

Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:11 PM   #3044
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, thank you for the encouraging card! That was so thoughtful of you!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:26 PM   #3045
Stazon Splitcoast

You're welcome, Kathy. I still have a couple to others that didn't get sent because I ran out of stamps.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 07-06-2020, 04:00 PM   #3046
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I think I got all of your VSN cards commented on...I think I did, I think I did! I started out commenting on all the cards in the gallery but, as time went on, it dropped off to commenting on Alpha sister cards and others that caught my eye or didn't have a lot of comments.

That took much longer than I thought it would...now to get on to some other things. I did get my exercises out of the way first and have been doing a little laundry too.

I'll have to check out that video later, Kathy. It's a long one!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:46 PM   #3047
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, it was a long one but I fast forward when I can.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 09:18 PM   #3048
Gallery Gazer

Morning Ladies,

Shelly I remember when Steve had PT after he’d had an op on his knees, I left the room as he was in agony! You must be excited to see the baby.

Catherine we both have sisters 13 years younger, both were bought up more like an only child as we were married when my sister was five and Steve’s sister was six, my sister is only six years older than my eldest son so they were like brother and sister.

Gracie I wish heat melted body fat too, I’ve been trying to lose some weight since lockdown ended, it’s hard I think as you get older to lose it, mind you I haven’t been dieting as such just walking and now swimming.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:52 PM   #3049
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That is so interesting, Jan, that both you and Steve have sisters that are 13 years younger. My oldest brother (the great grandpa) is 13 years older than me. I have another brother that is 7 years older. When my oldest brother got married, I was the flower girl in their wedding. Honestly, I don't even remember living in the same house with my oldest brother, though I know we did. I can't imagine going back to diapers and baby stuff once getting done with all that but that is what my parents did...three times!

Last edited by cdimick; 07-07-2020 at 09:19 AM..
Old 07-07-2020, 01:52 AM   #3050
Gallery Gazer

Catherine I can’t image starting again after 13 years, I have a sister five years younger than me, Steve was the youngest of four until his sister arrived, they never got on as she was so spoiled, even as an adult she would ring any of her brothers and expect them to drop everything to do her jobs, they didn’t mind helping her but never a word of thanks, she’s never married, I think she’s too selfish to put anyone before herself,

It’s funny but our DIL is the eldest of three girls as I am, I have two sons, so does she!
Her name begins with J too, in fact both my sisters are J’s, my two SIL’s are J’s too

No wonder my mum and Steve’s mum always got our names mixed up
Old 07-07-2020, 02:05 AM   #3051
Gallery Gazer

Forgot to say that two of our three GSs names begin with J too!
Old 07-07-2020, 05:51 AM   #3052
Proud Fan Club Member

Funny, but my youngest sister is 13 years younger than me and was my flower girl. My brother is a little over a year younger than me and my other sister is three years younger. Mom was hoping to give my brother a little brother, but got a girl instead and quit after that. I probably wouldn't know my little sister (little? She's 50!) Except that we have always lived next door in one way or the other.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 06:26 AM   #3053
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Funny to read how far apart siblings are in your families! Your poor moms! But they must have been so happy to be able to have more children!

My mother had us all close together! Five of us born between 1951 and 1960. I'm in the middle with four brothers!

The dog days of summer are here with miserable hot weather! The lawn is crunchy!! We need rain which hopefully will come this morning!

I'm caught up on all the commenting for VSN, just finished this morning on the last ones.

Busy day...need to get moving here! Have a great day ladies!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:52 AM   #3054
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats Ann on commenting on all the VSN. I've given up as it's way TOO LONG to wait for each card to load in order to comment. Frustrating.

Wow, Jan, Kathy and Catherine, your siblings are far apart. Your mums must have know what was causing it! LOL My mom obviously was clueless, as she had 3 babies in less than 3 years! I wasn't even 2 and had a brother and sister!!! Crazy. I was born mid Oct. and my brother was born early Sept. So we are the same age for a month and a half. Then, before I was 2 years old, my sister was born the next September! Needless to say, I was a pretty independent child. I was potty trained at 1 1/2 and feeding myself! I had to grow up fast. My poor mom! Then, 8 years later, she had an "oops" baby!

Catherine, I love seeing the baby fawns this time of year. We had one walking down the dirt road behind us last night. We were on the deck and the dogs started growling long before we saw her! This morning, Tom walked the dogs early because of the heat. I wish I'd gotten my butt out of bed, too, because he got to see a fox chasing a rabbit right in front of them. He had a dickens of a time getting the dogs not to join in on the chase!!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:34 AM   #3055
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is back to work today for me. Yesterday I had off in observance of Independence Day. I know most people (DH included) had Friday off, but we got Monday off which was great for me since I'm not in the office on Fridays anyway! That is how I was able to work on commenting on VSN and finish doing what I was going to do there - not like Ann who commented on every card. Way to go, Ann!

Poor DD1, she is feeling the pressure at work. She doesn't like working 8 hour shifts. I need to remind her that it helps her get to her savings goal for a new iPad more quickly. It does tend to wear her out though because she feels the pressure to get the orders done quickly. She keeps telling me their hours are going to be cut but I haven't been seeing it in her hours!

Jan, my brothers like to tell me I'm spoiled - and they are probably right. But I also have a lot of the traits of a first born, probably because we are so far apart in age.

That is so interesting the parallels between you and your DIL, I love interesting things like that.

That is a fun fact about your sister too, Kathy, and that she was your flower girl too. DD1 refers to DD2 as her little sister - which she is younger - but it tends to make people at work think of someone much younger rather than a sister who is 34 months younger. My girls are 34 months apart - to the day, both born on the 18th of the month.

Ann, that is what I think! Our poor moms starting over with the diapers etc. and all that goes with babies. My maternal grandma had seven children over the span of 22 years. When I did that math, I thought, "Poor grandma!"

Sometimes I have wanted to ask mom a question about my girls and something going on with them and then I would wonder if she would have known an answer since her kids were so far apart!

Gracie, your internet sounds SOOOO frustrating!

Yes, I think my poor mom, on the other hand, I would also think your poor mom, Gracie! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to have babies so close together in age! I think I would be frazzled! Of course, perhaps if I had them when I was younger? No, I think I'd still be frazzled. And you mentioned an "oops" baby...that was me in our family. They had two boys and they were done. They built a three bedroom house and their family was complete then...surprise! Here I came. Thankfully, a girl because then I got a room to myself and my brothers had to share!

A fox chasing a rabbit would have been a sight to see! I'm sure your DH did have a challenge keeping your dogs under control! And yes, the baby fawns are so adorable!

Well, I'd better get off here and get to work. Chat with you later!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:58 AM   #3056
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Storms are hitting us, closing down!

Reminder: tomorrow's letters are O and W.

Keywords: ABC13OW15, ABC13 and your personal keyword.
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #3057
Stazon Splitcoast

Really, Ann? We've had nothing but sunshine all day.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #3058
Proud Fan Club Member

It's been in the 80's but feels good because low humidity. I have had a sinus headache ever since I woke up. Cough a lot first thing due to the sinus and allergy stuff

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 05:11 PM   #3059
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sounds like you got the good weather, Melody, and Ann has the storms!

Low humidity sounds great, Kathy, but boo to the sinus headache.

It has been quiet on here today. Nothing exciting to report on my end. I need to get off the computer and do my strength exercises...yay...?
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:26 PM   #3060
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, we are getting some storms now. Lots of rain and thunder. The power has flickered a few times, once enough to reset all the computers. We can use the rain.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #3061
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

No storms up north. We just got back from kayaking. It was beautiful outside and the lake was like glass. We saw 2 loons. It got up to 87 today and it's suppose to be warm the rest of the week...upper 80's.

I hope the storms didn't do any damage Ann and Melody!

Hope you're have fun with your strength training Catherine!

Sorry to hear about those nasty allergy symptoms Kathy!

I'm going to take my mom to Dr. to have her bunion surgery tomorrow. It's outpatient. I'll stay overnight there and she doesn't have internet, so I'll probably be checking back on Thursday night.

Thursday evening through Sunday I get to have 3 of my granddaughters! Yay! I'm trying to get my cards for Dirty Girls done before, so I worked on cards all day. I'll try to post the photo of me wearing 2 pairs of cheaters! LOL
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #3062
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Can you see now? LOL

Attached Thumbnails
106988908_10216464606159872_8485013477018671929_o.jpg  
jan31, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #3063
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello from Illinois! We are hot and humid here- 90's and wish it would rain and gt some of the humidity out of the air. I heard tomorrow, but heard thunder a short time ago......

My Mom had 7 kids in 12 years.... she had the first 4 a year apart, 3/9, 3/4, 3/9 and then 4/18 (That's me......). The year after me, one died prematurly and at birth, 3 more kids every 3 years....... so , I am the youngest of the oldest 4, and the oldest of the younger 4...and my sister (3 yrs younger than I ) has the middle child syndrome : )

Catherine- nice to have a 4 day weekend! My DD1 who works at Starbucks will not go back to work until later in July- she still gets a free drink and one food item each week, and a weekly bag of coffee. Wait until November when they get their stock options! Yes, DD1 was told the hours were going to be cut, we'll see what happens.

I worked on cleaning up after the paint job today- the little dots of paint off the wood floor, and taking the tap off the perimeter of the floor and around door/window/closet. Put all of the outlet plates back.

Now, off to work on a Teapot Tuesday card!

Shelly
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:31 PM   #3064
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, wouldn't you know it. Just as it was getting dark, our power went out for 20 minutes. I had to go hunt up some candles. It has been ages since we've lost power for any amount of time. But glad it's back on.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #3065
Gallery Gazer

Morning, I hope you didn’t have problems from the storms ladies.

It’s hot here, I didn’t go to my craft room again, I didn’t feel like it, Steve decided to clean the drains in the bathrooms, they are strange drains, they have a hole in the bathroom floor, with a top on it that unscrews so you can get into it, anyway Steve had an extra long bottle brush with wire attached, I then had to mop and clean when he’d finished, not a very pleasant job for him!

Gracie I’ve never hear them called cheaters before, so why two pairs?

Apparently some illegal immigrants arrived on the beach just down the coast, from Algeria, three had the virus, the Red Cross but them up in a villa in the village so the locals rioted! One was taken to hospital and he escaped out of the window by tying the sheets together, he’s been caught now, there’s also been a case in our region, someone came on a plane with it! His was bound to happen now they are bringing people in for holidays, I don’t feel quite so safe now I must admit!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:29 AM   #3066
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jan, that is horrible about people running with the virus! Stay safe.

Melody, our power flickered here too but never went out completely. For once, we usually get it with storms. And wow, were they bad for so long last night!

Lots of thunder and lightening with them to and the rains going sideways.

Gracie, have fun with your granddaughters and give your mom a hug for me with her surgery.

I'm behind on all the challenges, but oh well, other things must come first.

Off to get moving!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:30 AM   #3067
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, wow it is so hot already and 94% humidity. I have had that sluggish headache for the last several days, and the nausea that goes with it. Ah yes, Ann, the dog days of summer are here!

Melody, thank you for the hugs-by-card, that was so sweet of you!

Catherine, I take it DD1’s Starbucks is having good customer days still? Are people buying more hot or cold drinks?

Kathy, my sister-in-sinus, yes to the headache and morning coughs. Sure starts the day off rotten, doesn’t it.

Gracie, you will be having fun with three GDs coming for a visit! Do they ever play dress up and have tea parties? And LOL on two pairs of cheaters! Since I had my eye surgery and have mono vision, I have to wear a cheater pair of glasses at 2.50 with the right lens removed, so I can bring my distance eye, the left one, to the same as the right, and then I can see to do close crafts or reading. I have several scattered around the house.

Jan, cheaters are glasses that have just a bit of an increase to help with seeing up close for those who are far-sighted, like from 1.0 up to 3.0. I guess you could say they cheat the eye doctors out of the money they would get to make prescription glasses the same strength, lol. They can be bought for as little as $5.99!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:36 AM   #3068
Proud Fan Club Member

Three more fingers on my right hand are starting to bend at the middle knuckles from the psoriatic arthritis and do they ever ache. That’s all four fingers now. Why does it have to be the right hand? That’s the hand I use the most. I can’t bend the 4th finger this morning, it is clicking at the knuckle and is swollen. You know how hard it is to hold a cup of coffee without that finger, LOL. I’ve nearly dumped my cup twice this morning!

Old 07-08-2020, 05:38 AM   #3069
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, O and W for today? “Owl” have to think a bit about that one!
Attached Thumbnails
bc27ff7e-e66a-4deb-ab85-ddaebb861757.jpeg  

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:23 AM   #3070
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31
View Post

Morning, I hope you didn’t have problems from the storms ladies.

It’s hot here, I didn’t go to my craft room again, I didn’t feel like it, Steve decided to clean the drains in the bathrooms, they are strange drains, they have a hole in the bathroom floor, with a top on it that unscrews so you can get into it, anyway Steve had an extra long bottle brush with wire attached, I then had to mop and clean when he’d finished, not a very pleasant job for him!

Gracie I’ve never hear them called cheaters before, so why two pairs?

Apparently some illegal immigrants arrived on the beach just down the coast, from Algeria, three had the virus, the Red Cross but them up in a villa in the village so the locals rioted! One was taken to hospital and he escaped out of the window by tying the sheets together, he’s been caught now, there’s also been a case in our region, someone came on a plane with it! His was bound to happen now they are bringing people in for holidays, I don’t feel quite so safe now I must admit!

Jan, Why 2 pairs you ask! That's what I'm wondering, too! I didn't realize it until I went to take them off. I have glasses laying all over in my craft room. I guess I wasn't seeing what I wanted to so I must have thought I didn't have any on and plopped another pair on. What a doofus!
Old 07-08-2020, 06:31 AM   #3071
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, so sorry you're having headaches and nausea again. I've had one on an off too with this humid weather and algae blooms on the water. I'm taking allergy meds and Aleve. I bought some compression arthritis gloves for my hands and have been wearing them while crafting. It helps them feel a bit better.

Ann and Melody, I'm glad you didn't get any storm damage. Thanks for the well wishes for my mom.

Have a great day all. I'd better get my rear in gear!
Old 07-08-2020, 07:03 AM   #3072
Stazon Splitcoast

You're welcome, Kandie!
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #3073
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! DD1 is so happy to have a 4 hour shift today, she'll be getting off 15 minutes after I start work for the day.

Hot and humid weather? Sorry, but please don't send it my way. Actually, the forecast is that triple digits return this weekend - but not at my home, just down the hill where I work.

Yay for power outages, Melody...not! At least it was fairly short.

Gracie, I want to try kayaking! It looks like fun. I'm sure I'd prefer a kayak to a canoe for any rapids too - which, of course, you don't have on the lake.

Love the photo of you wearing two pairs of cheaters. I figured you did it on purpose because you needed more magnification. That is what my DH does. In fact, when both girls had braces, they each had to wear the tissue expander and we had to turn it nightly to expand their palettes. (When I had braces, they just pulled teeth!) I couldn't bear to turn the device to expand the palette so DH had to but the hole to put the tool in was so tiny, and inside a dark mouth, that he would wear two pairs of cheaters to help him!

And give your mom a hug from me, praying her surgery goes well.

Shelly, DD1 doesn't take a weekly bag of coffee. We wouldn't keep up with that supply! She does keep me supplied though, but it is more like every few months. DH doesn't drink coffee.

I can't imagine have four kids in four years!

Jan, that doesn't sound like a very pleasant job at all. How often does it need to be done?

Ann, I don't like it when it rains sideways!

Kandie, DD1's Starbucks is one of the busiest in the region. I'm not sure which are ordered more right now, hot or cold, but I'd guess cold. She just wishes people would still be nice and understanding like they were when this all started. They are back to bad and obnoxious behavior. She told me a customer was in their drive through and shouted that she hated Starbucks. I asked if they gave her the address for the closest Dutch Bros.

Sorry you are still dealing with sinus headaches and now more of your fingers too. Is there anything that can be done for your fingers?

Cute owl photo. When I saw the combo of OW, my first thought was, "Owwwww!" I actually started a card last night for today's challenge but went to bed at midnight with it not completed and now I have to go to work. We'll see if I get to finish it and post it today.

Someone asked about my strength training...it is going well. I'm getting stronger...and looking forward to day 7! lol
Old 07-08-2020, 09:41 AM   #3074
Proud Fan Club Member

Its 88 muggy and rainy. I'm in AC. I hate staying inside but can't handle outside right now

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 10:05 AM   #3075
Gallery Gazer

Catherine it only needs doing every few years thankfully.

I lost a day, I was convinced it was Thursday, it wasn’t until our friend came round with the guttering he is fitting for us and said he couldn’t do it until Monday, I said well we are at the hospital tomorrow, Steve said he thought his appointment was Friday, lol
It’s really been hot today, it was hot on our walk at 8am, we walk back along the back street to keep out of the sun.

I’m trying to finish a book I started in February when we were coming home on the ferry, I’ve not touched it since! I nearly fell asleep reading this afternoon
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #3076
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening. DH worked out in the yard, mowed the back, and sprayed for carpenter ants, and came in half sick from the heat. He won’t stay inside because he fidgets when he can’t move around. I finished my alpha card and felt so bad that I lay down for a couple of hours. When I woke up, he was making homemade Mac and cheese. Yum.

I thought Dusty’s mouth looked strange last night when she was growling at someone out walking a dog, and held her still long enough to look, and she’s lost two little teeth! It must have just happened recently. Now she has four teeth gone. I said we might have to get her fitted for doggie dentures and DH said, I don’t think so, lol.

mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:45 PM   #3077
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quick hello and waving. Just wanted to wish Gracie’s mum all the best with her op today and enjoy your poppets Gracie. Sounds as though you have a busy time the next few days.

Hope Sharon is going ok since her fall. Not heard from her for a while.

Hope everyone is well. I’ll be back in due course. Hugs
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #3078
Gallery Gazer

Kandie, I hope you are feeling better and you DH, he sounds like my Dad, he could never sit still, he was always in his shed fixing something, working in the heat can make you ill if you aren’t careful.
Poor Dusty, losing teeth, hope it doesn’t cause a problem eating.

Hi Jayne, you are right about not seeing sharon!

Are you ok Sharon ?
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:35 PM   #3079
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Although most of you have probably already gone to bed. I told myself I couldn't come on and chat until I finished my alpha card for today. Which I have done but now it is dark and too hard to get a good photo...so tomorrow. But I got it (them, actually because I made two) done today.

Jan, thank goodness the drain cleaning doesn't need to be done very often, it doesn't sound pleasant at all. Heat makes me sleepy.

Hmmm, that book must not be very interesting! Any success finishing it?

Kandie, when we had the vet fix Honey, they also pulled a bunch of teeth (and ended up removing a tumor from her breast area too). A lot of surgery all in one day for our sweet little dog. Now she doesn't like going to the vet, poor thing.

I hope you and DH are feeling better!

If my dad sat still, he fell asleep.

Yes, Sharon checked in the day after she told us about her fall but she hasn't popped in since, I don't think. Hopefully she is still doing well.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:19 PM   #3080
Gallery Gazer

Catherine my friend gave me the book, she said she couldn’t put it down it was so good! Took me ages to get into it but then I read it for two days on the boat, I’m hoping it has a good ending now I’ve got this far, I wouldn’t say it’s my cup of tea really!

My dad would fall asleep too, my mum would get annoyed with him, if they came for a meal he would always insist on washing the pots but then would sit in the chair and fall asleep, she thought it was rude! Steve now falls asleep listening to his podcasts, when I appear he pretends he wasn’t asleep just had his eyes closed, mmm is that why his head is lolling, LOL