Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #2921
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you for your prayers for Shannon. I just heard from her mom that she is fine and safe. I don't have details, her mom said that Shannon was perturbed with her roommate because that is who filed the missing persons report with the police, but Shannon did understand why the roommate did it.

Thankful for this happy conclusion!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-30-2020, 12:34 PM   #2922
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Wonderful that Shannon was found safe and sound!

Started the day by putting a pork roast in the crock pot for hubby's dinner. Just because I cannot eat pork does not mean he should never have it : ) And, bonus- easy! I am making Chicken Tortilla Soup for myself and kept one piece of Chicken out for my dinner.

Kandie, when mom was here, the art therapist did something interesting- she would have mom do a hand clapping game with her- the hands have to cross the center of the body- so Mom's Rt hand to her Rt hand, then Lt, etc....she said it engages your creative Rt brain and turns off the 'overthinking' Lt side of the brain...... You can do it by clapping your Rt hand to your Lt knee- then Lt hand to Rt knee etc.... wonder if it would help creativity? Possibly.......

Thanks for all who had a chance to stop by the Tea-pot challenge! It is my first time guest hostessing and doing the Tickle exchange- should have done my card earlier, but did VSN first.

we are working on a menu for when son, DIL and baby are here for our family visits. One of my sisters has 5 kids, and you never have a clue when they will show up or how many of them will come- makes it a bit hard : ) Plus, DIL is Gluten Free........ I am counting the days!

Have a great day!
Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:05 PM   #2923
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, quiet on here today. Are you all SCS'd out?

DD2's driving lesson went well. She has one more - they go through things right before taking her to DMV for her actual behind the wheel test. Sadly, that probably won't happen until August or September.

I haven't done the teapot tickle in ages, Shelly. I'll have to go check it out...but I still need my VSN kids project.

I really feel like a nap is needed...I guess I didn't sleep very well last night.

Just the thought of cooking for someone who is gluten free is intimidating to me, Shelly! DD1 has a friend at church who gets deathly ill if he accidentally eats gluten and I'm afraid to cook for him!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:24 PM   #2924
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!!

Tomorrow's letter is "N"!

Keywords: ABC13N14, ABC13, and your personal keyword!

Have fun!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #2925
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone

First a big whoohoo....I have just been to our letterbox and found 2 cards..one from Sharon and the other from Shelly. Thank you so so much ladies. They are absolutely gorgeous. Love them and they will be placed with my other beauties in my craft room. I shall have to rotate them as I have a few up there now.

Kandie, how good is it to be organised and I know exactly the feeling you felt after you sat down in your new space to craft. I also lost my mojo after reorganising but it will return and I know that I now find it easier to craft knowing where things are, plus I’m using up stash.

Melody’s tip is good. May I add another one? When I couldn’t think what to do for the VSN challenges recently, I remembered someone on the scrapping thread saying that if I lost my mojo to simply go to the scrapbook sketch thread and go from there. I did this on Sunday/Monday. I went to the master card sketch list and simply went from 001 down. I didn’t always copy the sketch but it gave me a starting point. I shall try Shelly’s tip too...that sounds interesting.

Ann, I’m also joining in the Teapot challenge that Shelly posted. I started to get items out for it last night and hopefully my mojo will come soon. Glad the storms weren’t bad. Hope Athena is going ok too.

Annette, so sorry to hear that your headache is back. I sympathise with you. I have a Drs appointment in a couple of hours as the infection in my sinus just won’t go and DH thinks I need stronger antibiotics. It’s an endless battle and now I am wondering whether something is triggering it in my craft room. I think it is something that I just have to live with and manage as best I can. I hope that you are feeling better today.

Shelly, I bet you are counting down the days to hold your poppet again and see your family. Enjoy all of the cuddles and time you will have with them.

Catherine, I was so pleased to read that Shannon had been found safe and well. Her family must be so relieved.  All the best for your DD2 with her driving test. I know August/September is a way off, but look we are already in July...who would have thought it. I am wondering where January to June went because I don’t know LOL. Hope that you get chance for a nap. I could join you right now. We used to have a gluten intolerant person in our book club and I never knew what cookies to offer when I hosted. Fortunately there’s lots of gluten free items now in the supermarket. I used to eat gluten free food for a few years after seeing her chiro hubby. He took me off dairy, wheat for a few weeks and then reintroduced them and I stayed off wheat for about 2 years or more. I never really noticed much change....not sure now as it seems so long ago.

Ann, I hope to get to my N card. My mojo is lacking at present and I’m not even sure I will finish the VSN challenges. Maybe some other time. I need to go through my August birthday list and mail cards today whilst I’m out. Right now I just want to put my head down on this table LOL. I haven’t been out of my jimjams for long. I made a chicken chausseur which is in the crockpot cooking and have been pottering around the house. My next jigsaw is beckoning me but I don’t even have the desire to do that. Maybe if I head to my craft room, something will happen and if all else fails I will try Melody, Shelly or my tips on finding mojo.

Sleep well everyone.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:11 AM   #2926
Gallery Gazer

Hello ladies, it’s just too hot here to do anything, I haven’t been in my craft room today, after Steve had his bloods, a long wait, it was hot, we still had our walk and shopping but I’ve just been up to iron my best shorts for his hospital tests tomorrow am and I couldn't be bothered to even switch on my computer.

Still haven’t thought of a card for the N challenge.

Catherine that’s good news that Shannon has been found safe!

Shelly how exciting having a family get together, it will be fun I’m sure.

Jayne, sorry my card hasn’t arrived yet, it might turn up in time for next year, LoL

Our mail is still slow, Steve is waiting for his road tax, they delayed them due to the virus but they are on the way, he wants to do it by direct debit But that means an appointment with the hacienda who will give him a form for the bank, then that means an appointment with the bank, the lines outside all the banks are ridiculous, lines down the street everywhere, of course the spanish people don’t understand the concept of taking turns, they stand so close to the door so they can jump in.

Finally got the door back for the logfire,nearly two weeks to fit glass and €95 , she said only cash and the correct money please, ha,ha, apparently while she was serving Steve a spanish man kept ringing the door bell. She shouted through the door that she could only have one person at a time inside, Steve said he just kept his finger on the bell, she must have told him three times to wait, honestly some people.

Off for a swim ,again take care everyone
Old 07-01-2020, 04:33 AM   #2927
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan I know how you feel but I can’t blame mine on the heat lol. I was in my room for over 2 hours and only managed to sort out 11 cards for birthdays so I could get them posted this arvo. Gosh it took ages to finish them off inside and the envelopes. There’s a lot of birthdays in August and family and friends I know including on this site. 

I’m sure your card will arrive soon and I can just keep celebrating.

I went straight to the Drs after the PO and am back on strong antibiotics. I still have an infection and no wonder I’m tired. I didn’t get anything else done today but didn’t have the energy either. I could go to bed now.

Have fun everyone
Old 07-01-2020, 05:13 AM   #2928
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, sorry to hear you are back on the pills and not well again, maybe this time it will cure the problem, I hope so as there’s nothing worse than keep having the same thing.

Just had a call from the accountant, apparently we have €9 each tax back, not sure why but we won’t complain as we don’t even pay tax in Spain!! Must be our lucky week as we also won €37 on the lottery too, I was hoping it would have a few more naughts but better than nothing.

Going shopping tomorrow after the hospital, I need a new swimming costume, the chlorine has got to mine luckily only Steve sees me as the top is stretching, ha,ha,
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:21 AM   #2929
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, happy Wednesday, happy July 1, how weird to think 2020 is halfway over already.

Annette, I feel your head pressure pain. It feels like your eyeballs will be pushed out. I’m wishing you relief from all the discomfort.

Catherine, I’m so glad to hear Shannon is back home. Such a scare for everyone.

Melody, easy for you to say on mojo, lol. Some days I need mojo to find my mojo.

Venting here: I sat at my organized table yesterday and worked on the Tuesday challenges and finally determined they were a total fail. I ruined one card by using an old SU stamp in the hard rubber by pushing too hard on the stamp and the rubber edges around the stamp left an ink impression around the words. I packaged up the rubber stamps after that and put them in my Goodwill box. The second card I worked on, I didn’t like the image after I colored it in, so yesterday’s time spent in there was again a total waste. My mind wasn’t on the cards.

DD2 had called me Monday night to tell me her puppy dog she’s had for several months (A 65-lb hound) got into her medication and was sick. She’d apparently taken a muscle relaxer and then left to run errands and one of her many cats must have knocked the bottle off her nightstand and spilled the pills and the dog ate them. The vet gave the dog fluid by IV and then offered to put the dog down because he was certain the dog wouldn’t make it through the night. She refused, was upset they would even offer, and took the dog home.

I thought about that all night and all the bits that didn’t make sense and finally decided she didn’t give me all the information.

I was in the craft room yesterday when she called again, the dog had died during the night. I finally got some more info. She had taken the medication and then set it on the nightstand, it was usually in her purse. One of the three cats must have gotten on her nightstand and knocked it off, therefore, the lid must not have been put on tightly, the big pup apparently ate whatever amount spilled. She didn’t get back home until late and found the dog non-responsive, took it to the vet.

I didn’t say anything to her, just kept repeating I’m so sorry. But after we hung up, I talked with DH because I was upset with her. She has three ferrets, three large-breed cats, and two large dogs. I felt she hadn’t taken care to make sure her medication was out of reach of a curious puppy dog, and was gone all day, no one there to take the dogs out, no surprise something bad finally happened.

I was working on a card for the tea party, changed it to a card for her, the stamp left marks on the,card, I gave up and threw everything away. My mojo disappeared by me being irritated with DD2.

Sorry to vent. Over it now. I just get so frustrated with my adult children sometimes.

Ok, anyway, Shelly, interesting activity to do to try to initiate some creativity on the brain. I surely will give it a try.

Jayne, again with the infections, you poor thing, I am so sorry. Just a question, do you ever smell smoke? I do sometimes, the doctor said it was from inflammation in the nose. I sure hope this time the medications do their job and heal you.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:24 AM   #2930
Proud Fan Club Member

Whew, so sorry about that. It’s all just so heavy on my mind. Pet ownership brings responsibility, just like having children.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:28 AM   #2931
Proud Fan Club Member

Today is 40% off day for Goodwill members, and we are going to see if there are any repurpose opportunities there. I actually wanted to go by myself because I like to browse but DH wants to go too. He doesn’t need any more projects, the back porch is already filled with sewing machines, beds, and dressers! Help!

Old 07-01-2020, 06:30 AM   #2932
Gallery Gazer

Kandie that’s awful, poor dog, it could have suffered terribly, as you say animals bring responsibility plus they never grow up! Mind you some kids don’t either.

I hope you feel better now you’ve spoken about it, you know some spanish farmers aren't nice to their dogs, our friend lives out in the sticks and always has dogs begging, they are always the same sort, I can’t think of their breed,  the skinny dogs that are Sometimes racing dogs, I think they use them for hunting, when they are old we were told they turn them loose, it upsets me to think about it as you see them roaming along the side of roads, so cruel.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #2933
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jayne, hoping you will feel better soon, new meds good!! Now relax and rest!!

Jan, I was giggling when I read about your swimming suit!! You should just get two on your next visit to the store!!

Shelly, sorry you are not feeling well either! Prayers you get better soon!

Kandie, that is horrible about the dog! Gone all day too! Yikes, like you said responsibility for the animals!!

I was up early so sprayed for weeds in part of the back yard and down one side of the driveway! Back in already by 8:30 A.M. as it was getting too humid!

Now to look at today's challenge and figure out what to do for the teapotters card!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #2934
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. Happy Canada day to you ladies to the north.

Kandie, sorry you have to deal with that kind of thing in your family. Poor dog.

About the mojo thing... The last 2 cards I made were for VSN on Friday. I'm weeks behind on alpha letters. I don't EVER feel like I have to make something, unless it was for one of my classes, which I'm no longer teaching. There are plenty of days where I don't feel like stamping. But because that is not my only creative outlet, I can do something else if I feel the need to create, even if it's picking up a crochet project in progress. Lately, I've been working on ink storage. Yes, I finished the big one, but then decided to see what I could do about all my other ink pads that never get used, because I always have to dig them out, so I'm in the process of making another simple storage unit for my colorbox pigment inks. The problem there... I have 36 normal ink pads and 4 extra thick. I just decided to make the rack for the normal size. My chalk inks are the extra thick, so I may put the pigment ones in with those... another storage unit. I also have brilliance pads... Can you see where I'm going here?

You utilize your creativity with your furniture, hankie dolls, and other things, so don't ever feel bad if your mind goes blank for one creative outlet. Plus, there are a lot of reasons why we may not be able to create... family, health, too hot or cold, heartache, responsibilities, tired, the weather is too nice to sit inside, the pool is calling, the power is out... to name a few.

Another thing about the way I create. I rarely sit down and create a card from start to finish. I have many starts and stops along the way, including walking away and doing something completely different, maybe even for days at a time. Don't any of you beat yourselves up for not being able to finish a card.

OK, off to work some more on ink storage.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:16 AM   #2935
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, would those be greyhounds you might be thinking of?

AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:03 AM   #2936
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It's a lovely morning here. I started my VSN kids project last night at 11 pm. Yes, I should have been going to bed, but I wanted to get it going. The SU stamp case for wood mount stamps worked great for it and my black beans were very colorful when I got done! I haven't completed the card yet but hope to when I get home from work.

Jayne, I'm so sorry that you are still fighting an infection and pray the new meds work at kicking that thing out!

Kandie, I'm so sorry about your DD and her puppy dog. (((hugs)))

Jan, sorry about your heat...and the need to shop for a swimsuit! That is one of my least favorite things to shop for! Skinny dipping sounds like a great idea...as long as it is private..

Ann, up early? Not something I relate too, lol, I'm up late, not early!

Melody, more ink hotels? So cool, I look forward to seeing them.

I'd better get off here and get off to work. Talk to you later!
Old 07-01-2020, 09:27 AM   #2937
Gallery Gazer

Kandie , yes I meant greyhounds, ha.ha. I had a senior moment, I could see them in my mind!

Melody I have those brilliance pads, are they the tear drop shape, I would be interested to see any storage ideas as every time I stack them they end up all over the place, I don’t have many but I love the colours.

Catherine we do sometimes skinny dip, in the dark, LOL,

our DGSs loved it, the first time they went in we had been out for a meal and they wanted to go in so we said to go in their undies, anyway they ended up naked, although the middle GS said no way but after he was normally in first but only in the evenings before having their showers, when the sun is off the pool so they don’t burn, obviously just the three of them! We aren’t overlooked unless someone is on their roof terrace, luckily none of our neighbours use them only for drying the washing as it’s too hot, I burn my feet getting my washing in!

The youngest GS who was three at the time arrived from the airport with Steve and I’d told the other two it might be his bedtime so they should not be in the pool when he arrived as it was 9pm, anyway he saw the pool and in a minute his clothes were on the floor and he was shouting his cousins to go in with him, next thing we were all in there.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #2938
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Jan what great memories of your grandsons and your pool! I was always afraid to have a pool, in case someone would get in and drown. Bad of me. I am same way about a fireplace, even though we had one for 22 years. I wouldn't use it often, afraid the house would burn down. I am so bad!

Melody, I can't believe how ambitious you are making these ink pad hotels! And the one is so fabulous.
Melody, I do the same. I leave a half done card on my desk for a couple of days, sometimes before finishing it. Sometimes, a week, before I am inspired to do something with it! That is the nice thing of having a craft room, that the door can be shut on. I can leave a mess.

I will have to look for Shelly's advice. I missed it.
Ann, I can't believe how early you were out working in the yard. But if it is like here you have to do outside early. Yesterday our heat index was 107. I don't know what the forecast is for today. But I walked 7 until 7:45, and was wet from the humidity and already 81.

Catherine, glad to hear that they found Shannon.
Kandie, you do so much other kinds of creating, like Melody said. Don't worry about your card making mojo. It will come and you will go like gangbusters, just like you do on everything else.

Did I see Canada Day? Happy Canada Day, to you girls!

I am enjoying my chair! Now I need to clean my desk so everything is handy. Trouble is, all I want to do is sit in my chair! LOL Yesterday, I wasn't home so didn't get to enjoy it.
Jayne, I hope the dr. can help you and make you feel better.

lunchtime.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #2939
Gallery Gazer

Sharon I sometimes take a week to make a card, very often my idea just fades away and I have to give it a while to think again.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #2940
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

LOL, Jan I have had cards sit longer then that and not finished!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:11 PM   #2941
Stazon Splitcoast

All of the above as far as cards partially done... hours, days, weeks, sometimes never.

Jan, my brilliance ink is regular sized pads. I have a bunch of color box petal point ink pads, which are a rainbow kind of grouping in pie shaped wedges - 8 inks per set. I think those are going to Good Will, because I hardly ever use them, and they are just taking up space.

Sharon, I really love making boxes, but if they aren't practical for me, I don't know what to do with them. The ink racks are boxes of a sort and very practical. I finished the one for my color box pigment inks. Will post a picture in a bit.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 07-01-2020, 01:24 PM   #2942
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, here's a link to the picture. FYI, the paper panels are stamped, not DP.

Color Box ink storage.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #2943
Stazon Splitcoast

I am have crazy day. I have been looking online for Christmas card. But no luck of seeing things I like. So, what happening with everyone? How is everyone? I thinking I oh Okay but I long for better days. But, sure that's have anytime soon! I missing crafting and all the fun around here!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:01 PM   #2944
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Linda. I don’t know what everyone else is doing, it we are sitting in the house keeping cool. It is 7:00 pm at night, and it is still 93 degrees out!

I wish I knew what you are looking for in a
Christmas card. Did you look at Christmas cards on Splitcoast?

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...mas+&x=28&y=14
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #2945
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, I just uploaded my last VSN card! I combined it with my N card and the sketch challenge.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #2946
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Congrats Catherine on getting them all done!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #2947
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations Catherine!

Pool? Who has a pool? And how far is it from Indiana?!

Ann, remember how the first of 2020 was so whacked out for you? DH and I have started the second half in the same manner. First we found the car had a flat tire. I’m always after DH to quit dropping screws and nails on the garage when he works on his projects, and I think one finally got in the tire. So he pumped up the tire but it immediately went flat again. Turns out the tire came loose on the wheel and got ripped.

Then we took the truck to run errands and some guy waved us down to tell us there was a nail sticking out of one of the truck tires! DH began muttering bad words, lol.

We had lunch, I got sleepy and was dozing on the couch. Dusty wanted a drink of my ice water and woke me up by walking all over my lap, so I tipped my insulated cup a bit so she could get some. Would you believe, I fell asleep holding that cup tipped, it fell out of my hand, and dumped ice water all over me! Talk about a rude wake-up call.

I’m hoping July 1 is the beginning AND the end of the run of bad luck.

Heading for bed, sleep well!

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #2948
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! I missed lots of chat!

Catherine, glad your friend's daughter was found to be OK. Whew! CONGRATULATIONS On finishing VSN! Yay! I'm 4 cards away...

Jayne, hoping you will feel better soon! Hopefully the new antibiotics work. Like Ann said, get some rest! HUGS

Jan, hope you got your new suit! What fun with the GS's. My son and I took the 3 granddaughters swimming at the beach today! Hot day! Upper 80's. We had a great time.

Shelly, great Teapot challenge! I finished my card today and it also worked for a VSN challenge!

Kandie, that is awful about that poor dog! So sad...I hope your DD learned a lesson and will be more careful in the future!

Ann, it sounds like you've been busy! As usual...LOL It's hot here too.

Melody, good advice about mojo and making cards! Creativity can be found in many other ways too.

Hi Sharon and Annette, I hope your headache is gone now. (I think I read that awhile back.)

We spent the day at my brother's yesterday with his DW, our DS and her DH and my hubby of course. We didn't get home until late. Today, I spent all afternoon and evening with my son and 3 granddaughters. We went to the beach, had a campfire (hotdogs and smores) and crafted. My 5 year old made 12 panels using the VSN kids challenge with the marbles and paint. Even the 2 older girls (10 & 13) enjoyed creating backgrounds with the marbles. Such fun! Now, I'm trying to get some VSN cards made tonight! Whew...busy summer!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:47 PM   #2949
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Don't know why my post has extra spaces...tried to fix it but too confusing...all kinds of letters and symbols.
mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:55 PM   #2950
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, sounds like you guys need a push broom with a big magnet attached.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:51 AM   #2951
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Canada Day to Annette and Shirl...hope that you had a nice day
Old 07-02-2020, 03:57 AM   #2952
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Not sleeping so going out to spray for weeds again early before the heat! LOL Gotta get it done!

Happy Canada Day to all!

Later everyone...
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:39 AM   #2953
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations to Kandie for getting all the VSN Challenges done! I am getting ready to leave for the day. Haircut, lunch with friend and nails. Might be able to stick in a Michaels visit. I will have to see.
And it looks stormy out! Last time I went across town, it rained on me all the way!
Have a great day everyone! Later!
Old 07-02-2020, 07:00 AM   #2954
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson
View Post

Congratulations to Kandie for getting all the VSN Challenges done! I am getting ready to leave for the day. Haircut, lunch with friend and nails. Might be able to stick in a Michaels visit. I will have to see.
And it looks stormy out! Last time I went across town, it rained on me all the way!
Have a great day everyone! Later!
Have fun today Sharon! I can't wait to see what you buy at Michaels.

Did you mean Catherine? I don't think Kandie did VSN this time. I could be wrong. I'm 3 cards away from finishing.

It's suppose to be 90 today! A warm one. We don't have air conditioning, but we usually get a breeze from the lake...not always though. LOL We do have lots of fans.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:04 AM   #2955
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon,it wasn’t me who did the VSN! Maybe you are congratulating me for falling asleep holding a cup of ice water, lol. I think it was Catherine who finished them all!

Melody, you don’t know how many times I have suggested a magnet on a pole to DH but he doesn’t think he makes that big of a mess, lol. I am forever picking up screws, nails and broken drill bits off the floor of that garage.

Good morning, everyone!

Old 07-02-2020, 07:05 AM   #2956
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Gracie!

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:16 AM   #2957
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning Gracie, stay cool under those fans, going to be a hot weekend ahead!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:47 AM   #2958
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kandie and Ann! Luckily I love the heat!
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:12 AM   #2959
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, we bought a magnet on wheels when we did mom and dads garage roof. It helped us gather all the roofing nails DH dropped in the grass and driveway. I think we got it at Lowes for about $40. Worth it if it saves tires or feet! They have a few cheaper ones, but this one worked great in the grass.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 07-02-2020, 08:28 AM   #2960
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Thanks for the Canada Day wishes. I spent it yesterday relaxing and doing whatever I wanted. I was alone because DH went to help DD and her fiance load the moving truck. He is helping drive and unload today as well.

Our weather was crazy. It kept going between rain and sun and back again. I went for a walk with my DS and his family and we got rained on half way through. I had to change my wet clothes when I got home. Water was dripping off my ball cap.

I also finished a 2000 piece puzzle. Today I will do some stamping and then upload my alpha cards and catch up on commenting. It's supposed to be warm and sunny later so I will also spend some time outside.

I hope you all stay cool in your crazy heat. I hope you start to feel better Jayne.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.