Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2020, 02:25 PM   #2881
Proud Fan Club Member

DH loved your joke Melody!
I'm eating a fudge bar. We had tacos for supper and my mouth is on fire!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #2882
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
So, Kathy, depending on what type of space you have to work with...

AND... depending on whether or not you intend to get any additional ink pads...

Building either vertical or horizontal, configurations could be 8x6 [48], 5x10 [50], 4x12 [48], 7x7 [49], 6x10 [60], etc. The most important thing for me was that each ink had it's own space -- no stacking. This is my old unit [holds 48].
That sure is perfect. I have a round blend tool for each one too. All labeled. I know DS2 won't be living here forever, so I'm a little afraid yo start a project that could be revamped if ingot my craft room back.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:09 PM   #2883
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello to all!

Thanks Ann for hostessing a Zoom call all day yesterday- noon until after 10PM! I did not get a card done for every challenge in advance, and still have 9 more to go- thru 7/6, so I will be busy this week! And, LOTS of commenting to do!
I enjoyed creating with others online- fun to create and chat too. I had a zoom for my challenge which was kinda interesting- mostly Alpha and one other crafter and Jennifran too.
My hubby had his first mens baseball game today, and was really wound up.... they won 15-1. I thought Id go, but it is SO HUMID here today, I decoded to stay home.
I did some sorting and went through a box of pictures. Had a Facetime group chat with 2 aunts and cousins for my Aunt's 84th and was joined by my 2 sisters and youngest brother.
I am going to sneak off and try to make a DT card before hubby gets back home from his game : )

Kathy- hope you are feeling better!
Catherine- way to go on that AM run! And, awesome for cooler weather!
Like your masks on to keep bugs and leaves and things away Jayne : )
Sharon- are you creating again today? Did your chair arrive?
Melodie- love you joke..lol and love that tower as well.
Ann- gotta watch that dairy today! And, hope the pup is better too!
Gracie- hope you make it home safely from your retreat. How fun that must be to gather with friends and create!

Shelly
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:28 PM   #2884
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening ladies! I packed up and made it home from my retreat! I think I used a tenth of what I took with me! LOL I am exhausted!

Thanks for setting up the Zoom Ann. I wanted to be on all the time but I wanted to be with the gals at the retreat too. It was weird to have only 6 to 8 of us there each day. Last year we had 18 people. It was fun and we had lots of room to spread out and craft! The girls enjoyed meeting some of our Alphas!

As for VSN, I didn't accomplish a lot. It was hard because a lot of things I wanted were at home...also, I chatted and visited way too much!

I'm going to try and work on VSN cards this week. I do better alone because I like to chat too much when I'm crafting with others.

Later girls, I hope everyone had a good Sunday.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:57 PM   #2885
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday. Sharon, will your chair arrive today..hope so? I did 7 cards for VSN but am thinking I will change my head and the sentiment on one card....it’s crazy and I was in a crazy fun crazy mood when I made it chatting with you ladies. I just couldn’t think. I doubt I will do them all as I really want to scrap. I do want to make sure I do all of the alpha lady challenges though.

Ann, hope your allergies are better.

Was lovey to pop on and see you all and wow you’ve all made some beautiful cards.

Melody you must post your ink hotel on this site..it’s amazing.

Have a great day and week everyone. I need to start moving. It will be lunchtime here before I have moved lol.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #2886
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody 8 just saw in your gallery that you have already shared your ink hotel on the site...last week..doh! I’m a clot. Sleep well ladies
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:24 PM   #2887
Stazon Splitcoast

No, you're not. Ann said the same thing, and I meant to say that I had already posted it. Forgot! oops.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:18 PM   #2888
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Whew, what a day! DH and I went to a memorial service for the husband of a church friend. He was more of an acquaintance because he had so many health challenges we didn't see him much. Anyway, the memorial service was extremely long. My poor DH thought he was going to get some things done today, and he did, but not as much as he wanted. He got the carburetor rebuilt for the chipper and got it running, he just didn't get to chip anything. He'll have to save that for another day.

I got two more VSN cards done and uploaded. Now I just have the kids challenge left.

Melody, loved the chuckle! And glad to see your masks were helpful.

Sorry you have such humid weather, Shelly.

Glad you made it home safely, Gracie!

Was fun to zoom with those of you who were on for VSN, such fun!
Old 06-29-2020, 05:41 AM   #2889
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m waiting for DH to finish watching his sport so we can watch a show together..so what does a girl do...she goes back to her craft room and makes 10 rubber band panels. Such a fun cool technique. I love things that come out so easily. Have fun
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:02 AM   #2890
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! 90s here today, 86% humidity 22 miles an hour wind. I don’t even want to go outside , even 8:00 in the morning!
The tracking for my chair still says it is on the truck and out for delivery. I should get it today.
Funny joke, Melody, and love the use for your masks. LOL
Jayne, rubber band panels?
Catherine, I am envious of your weather. Sounds like you are getting fit, since you can run up your hills. The uphill grades on my walk are hard for me. I just hope it is making my heart stronger!

Hi to rest of you. I don’t think I am walking today or maybe not all week, as 100s is forecast for this week. I am not that die hard of a walker! I may take it easy this week, as far as walking goes, anyway. LOL I do have some “going” to do this week.
Have a good Monday!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:15 AM   #2891
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good night Jayne and Good morning to the rest of you!

Sharon, it's going to be in 80's here. We had Thunder storms last night and over 2 1/2 inches of rain! Sadie hates storms and hides at the bottom of the basement steps and slept on the rug downstairs all night. It's still raining on and off. A good day to get in the craft room!

Jayne, I'll have to check out your cards later. I'm going to start the laundry and get crafting or I'll end up on my computer for hours.

Catherine, that must have been frustrating for your DH. My DH treasures his time to get work done around the house.

Hope everyone has a great day! Back later.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:43 AM   #2892
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies. Hot here as well.

Sharon, I do almost all of my walking in the house, up and down the hall, or back and forth across a room. I can't stand to be out in the heat, don't like bugs, and can't walk during thunderstorms or in the snow and ice in winter. Got it all covered, right? I do my walking in bits and pieces, not all at once. You'd be surprised how many steps you can get if you put your mind to it. I am naturally a very sedentary person. All the things I like to do require sitting, so I really do have to force myself to get up and move.

I wish you all a wonderful day.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #2893
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, I get a lot of steps when I am on the phone! LOL. I walk all over while talking and it drives DH crazy! I am glad you do walking inside; keep moving.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:01 AM   #2894
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!! It's laundry day for me too!

Just went out and put all the stamped items in the mailbox and wow is it hot and humid! Then found that those chipmunks have dug up an area in the front bed under the walk! Time to get out the traps!

Yes, I walk inside as well. Can't take the heat or the cold with asthma!

And of course Iris and Athena can no longer walk very far, enough for them to get out to go to the bathroom. They will be 11 in August!

Off to get stuff going! Have a great day everyone, I'll be back later too!
Old 06-29-2020, 08:45 AM   #2895
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I had a lovely day with the family yesterday. It is
cool and rainy here again and supposed to be that way all week.

Sharon, I walk when I'm talking on the phone too. I enjoy walking outside but not in extreme temperatures or rain.

We haven't heard from Kandie in a while. I hope she's ok.

I need to do some bill paying and work on adjusting my internet and tv services.

Have a great day all!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #2896
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Up getting ready to go to work. After the memorial service and another meeting yesterday, I feel like I need another weekend day! We did get home before DD1 got home from work and I let the girls know that when I pass, they are to keep the memorial service short!

I walk around when I talk on the phone too. At work, I have a headset (it loops over my ear) and I am so thankful because I walk around while talking on the phone there. I can get quite a few steps in that way, plus not bother my co-workers while I'm on the phone. Unless, of course, I need the computer while talking to whoever it is.

Melody, I don't like walking in the heat and don't like bugs either! Fortunately, it isn't terribly buggy out here but I'm careful to not be out at dawn (not usually awake!) or dusk because that is when the mosquitoes are busy and they love me too much! In order to get my 13,500 daily steps, I do a lot of walking inside my house as well.

Jayne, I went to check out your rubber band panels (Sharon, that is today's TLC challenge), but I guess you were having fun making the panels. I look forward to seeing your card(s).

Sharon, I went to peek at your VSN Kids card and think the keyword is missing the 20.
I hope your chair arrives today!

I'm glad you had a lovely time with your family, Annette. Cool and rainy sounds lovely to me.

I'd better go finish getting ready for work. Chat with you later!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:02 AM   #2897
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, yes, Catherine. I am a mosquito magnet. I can walk out to the mailbox in the middle of the day, and come back in with 3 new mosquito bites. And I itch for a week or more.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #2898
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Does anyone else's mosquito bites get infected all the time? My get so red and swollen and ooze infection!!

And of course there was one in the house last night and it found me, buzzing in my ears at 12:45 A.M. and then again at 5:45 A.M. Never found it! Short night!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:23 PM   #2899
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann, do you put anything on them? If I catch them early enough, aloe will usually stop the itching, but later, I'll use coracidine 10 or afterbite, but neither seem to completely stop the itching. If I scratch enough, I'll open it, but then I'll usually put rubbing alcohol on it, which helps dry it out. I've heard that witch hazel is supposed to be good, but I don't have any of that.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #2900
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Catherine for the heads up on my keyword. I fixed it. I usually copy and paste, so don't know what happened.

I am sitting in my comfy chair at my craft desk! It was delivered at 1:30 and DH had it in my room for me to sit in by 2:20. Yay! It said 30 minutes for two adults to assemble. It took us 45 minutes. But he couldn't see so I had to hold a flash light . And also one of the steps said to use two of a certain letter screws. Well , it took 4 of another letter screws! Don't know what they were talking about. We will see if it falls apart or not. But right now so comfy! I haven't got my bill from DH yet, but he said he is keeping track. LOL
zoom? Ann? LOL
Old 06-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #2901
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sorry, it's bad weather here!! Storming and so dark! Signing off!!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:20 PM   #2902
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Ann, sounds bad. Hope it isn’t too bad. Buckle down.

Our heat index warning for tomorrow is 110! No rain.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #2903
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay Sharon got her chair. Enjoy it all.
Catherine, I only made the panels. Not put them on cards yet lol. My stash is growing.
I also wondered where Kandie is. Hope she’s ok.
Mozzies love me too..I put hand sanitiser on them when they itch...if I have any lol
Gladyou had a nice day with your family Annette.
Gracie did you get your chores done.
Catherine you made me laugh about you wanting your memorial service to be short. I have told the kids what songs I want lol.
Gracie, did you get your chores done or are you still crafting. Where’s Kathy and everyone else?

Well I’m supposed to be heading out at 10.15 and I haven’t showered yet. Busy day this end. Saying hello and bye and waving
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:25 PM   #2904
Proud Fan Club Member

I thought you meant you put hand sanitizer on the mozzies! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #2905
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat
View Post

I thought you meant you put hand sanitizer on the mozzies! LOL

It does read as though I do that. I’m still not in the shower. I’m hopeless.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:24 PM   #2906
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello friends. Sorry to be MIA. I knew I wasn’t doing VSN, and that hardly anyone would be on because of it. DH mentioned he saw that the craft store Michaels was having some good sales. I took some of my government check money and bought two metal craft carts, two different sizes, one had lots of attachments. It took me hours to assemble, and then of course having to empty out so much stuff in the craft room in order to put the new stuff in. Not enough room, though, I went back yesterday and bought another cart, and a living room rug. Finally finished the room up around noon today. Plus we did our taxes finally, DH finished his shed but still has to put the stuff back inside, and I’m still painting bedroom window trim. I don’t even know where the time has gone. Is it really Monday evening?

Too hot and humid here as well. I can’t breathe in this stuff so I’m wearing my mask every time Dusty has to go out!

Speaking of masks, our county and the one next to us are on mandatory masks again, no excuses, and fines will be charged for anyone not complying, excluding those with breathing restrictions that cannot handle wearing them. Virus cases have shot back up again, especially in the county next to us. They had over 900 positives over the weekend. People are not doing their parts, and restaurants and stores are in danger of being shut back down.

DH is ready for bed, so I will say sweet dreams to everyone and check in in the morning.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #2907
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello Sharon, Jayne, Kathy and Kandie!

Yes, Jayne, I got my laundry done and made 5 cards today, too! With the one hour limit for VSN, I can get more done by sticking to the time limit. It was fun, too, because I was alone and could focus more and actually get something done! LOL

Good to see you Kandie! Glad you were having fun organizing those carts for your craft room.

Well, off to bed, we had thunderstorms last night and may have more tonight! Ann, hope yours aren't too bad. We are visiting with my DS, her DH, my DB and his DW tomorrow. It's a 2 hour drive, so I need to get up early.

Have a great day or night, all.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:06 PM   #2908
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

VSN was really fun- and I did OK with all of the sitting! Ann had a Zoom that I stayed on from noon until after 10PM! That was fun- Thanks Ann!

Today went and did a big grocery shop and my DD1 was with me, and then had my first Physical Therapy, He agreed with Primary Care that pelvis was all twisted and causing troubles. The PT has known me for years.... we both have boy/girl twins..... he has 4 kids, I have just 3...... I know others in the clinic as I am a frequent flier....unfortunately, although, it has been about 3 years. I have to go 3 x's a week for 4 weeks at least and he gave me new exercises to do each day.

While in the waiting room, I found a delicious looking Shrimp taco's meal and needed a few things, so went from there to grocery store (again) and then to look at paint samples. Came home and made Shrimp Taco's- they were delicious!

Not much time for commenting today- some are really great at all of the commenting!

Tomorrow is a Teapot Tuesday 'Tickle', and I am the one who chose the theme this week. Hope anyone that joins in plays along- it is a week we send cards to each other- and it is the first time I have done this! This group is like the Alpha ladies- all really talented...!

At PT today, I have a IG huge ugly bruise (and one of many) on my leg I thought of the chat here last week- I have NO idea where I did this and it is really nasty! Oh well......

Will check in tomorrow- it is hot and muggy here so hope to stay in and keep A/C ON!!!

Shelly
AnnetteMac, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #2909
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi , Kandie, Gracie and Shelly. I hope Ann is ok with all the storms.
Yes, Shelly, I plan on doing the tickle tomorrow. I can’t wait to your challenge.
Kandie, we are mandatory To wear masks in public as of July first in Kansas, our governor announced today. I bet a lot of people won’t do it. When I have been out I have hardly seen anyone wearing masks. I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb with mine. I hope more people will do it.

Sounds like you really are fixing up your craft room! I feel like mine is new just with my new chair! LOL. I sat in it and made a second card for today’s technique challenge. I think I will be motivated to craft.

I am up late because I couldn’t sleep. Neither one of us can. I wonder if getting and putting together my craft chair was just too much excitement for us? LOL
Good nite. I have appointments tomorrow, better get some sleep.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:49 PM   #2910
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! You are probably all already tucked into bed as it is 9:45 pm here. We went to Bible study this evening, the first time in ages! There were only a few of us who were there live, the rest were on via Zoom, or just missing for one reason or another. Even DD1 came - after putting in a full day at work. I thought she'd be too tired to come but she was excited to come.

If you would, please pray for my friend's adult daughter, Shannon. Shannon is missing and a police report has been filed. I don't have any other details.

Kandie, I'm glad you were having fun (right?) putting your carts together and getting organized.

Jayne, I'll be watching for those cards! I haven't had a chance to play today between work, picking up a few groceries, and Bible study.

I still need to do the kids challenge but am having a hard time finding a container to use. Do you have any suggestions, Melody?

Shelly, I'm glad you are getting PT.

Sharon, I hope you are asleep by now!
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:12 PM   #2911
Stazon Splitcoast

Peanut butter jar, Catherine, is what I plan to use if I ever get to it. A canning jar (quart probably) should work, or mayo jar, spaghetti sauce jar or even a tin can, if you cover the top securely with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and a rubber band (or duct tape). Have you ever done the rolling marbles background? You could probably use a stamp case the same way with paint instead of ink, but shake it instead of roll the marbles. I think the container only needs to be big enough to accommodate your card stock.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, cdimick and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:15 PM   #2912
Stazon Splitcoast

You could probably even use a box, as long as you made sure there were no places the paint could leak out.
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:29 PM   #2913
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, Melody. I don't have any empty peanut butter or mayo jars. I only keep them when empty if I have a specific need for them. Sadly, when we moved the last time, we got rid of our canning jars. We don't can, we had them for decorating for DD1's 8th grade graduation party, and decided we didn't need to keep them any longer.

I do have some SU stamp cases. I kept a few when I converted my wood mount stamps to cling. I'll try that, I guess.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:20 AM   #2914
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, has your friends daughter been found yet? I so hope so. Hugs
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:44 AM   #2915
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, any news on Shannon? Do you know how old she is? Prayers have been said here.

Isn’t it great to be back to bible study again?! A person never knows how much they miss hearing about the Word until they can’t.

Sharon, I’m real interested to see how this county reacts to the mandate, because once the businesses opened at 50%, it seemed like everyone decided the virus was over. There are some mighty denial-feeling people here. Makes me so mad. DH advised me to just worry about myself and quit stressing over it all.

I imagine you are THRILLED to finally have your chair, whoohoo! And good luck on your appointment today.

Shelly, oh no on the twisted pelvis, ouch, I can almost feel your pain. Did the doctor give you any idea of a time period of PT where it might help get your body back to normal, or might this be a chronic condition?

Hey Gracie, enjoy your day with family and friends! Sounds great!

WOW on all the VSN cards you’ve all made. You go, girls!

Last edited by Kemernow; 06-30-2020 at 06:57 AM..
Old 06-30-2020, 06:56 AM   #2916
Proud Fan Club Member

I took out EVERYTHING in the craft room that has not been used in the past six months and put the things in boxes, well-marked so I could easily find stuff again if I needed anything, and DH carried them to the basement. Amazing how much that freed up room. This is not a house with extra room on the main floor, so taking stuff out of one room meant it had to go somewhere else, so I had the hallway filled with stuff and also the little spare room and even flowing into the bathroom and our bedroom. Remember this full-set syndrome I have, lol. I hauled and sorted and carried out bags of trash (scraps and stuff that I’d been saving like cards relatives had sent that I kept for inspiration), packed stuff, said OH I wondered where that was! and rearranged everything. So aching today but overjoyed to have restored some kind of order in that room!

And then I sat down yesterday to make the day’s challenges, and wouldn’t you know, there I was, totally organized, and not one single idea would come into my head! I sat there looking around, my hands folded on the table, and said RATS, I don’t have anything to do! So I left the room and sat with Dusty to watch tv instead. What a bummer.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:23 AM   #2917
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Storms were not as bad as they said but we had lights going on and off several times and the rumbling from the thunder was very loud for such a long time.

Catherine if all else fails use a plastic bag or ziploc bag! It will work! Prayers for safe return of Shannon.

Kandie, so glad you are doing ok and I love hearing how organized you are!

Sharon and Shelly, have fun at your appointments!

Hello to everyone else! Must go check out the teapotters challenge!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:46 AM   #2918
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!

Catherine, I hope they find Shannon ok.I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with as an alternative.

Sharon, I'm so glad you are happy with your new chair. I hope your appointment goes well.

Kandie,
I'm glad you got your space sorted out the way you wanted. I had the
same problem with switching gears from sorting to creating after I did
my room too. It's frustrating.

Our weather is
horrible again here. Cold and rainy. Our summer is turning out to be
colder than Jayne's winter so far. The pressure in my head is awful and I
am feeling exhausted even though I got a full night's sleep. I'm not
sure what I'm going to do today. Maybe nap later.

Have a great day all!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:09 AM   #2919
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Thank you all for your prayers on Shannon's behalf. I will let you know when I have more details. I'm so sorry for my friend, I can't imagine how hard it is not knowing and waiting.

Kandie, we were doing Bible study via Zoom but it was so wonderful to have at least a few of us back in the same room for Bible study. There were six of us in the same room and the others joined via Zoom. I was surprised that DD1 wanted to come after an 8 hour day at Starbucks but she has missed the in person part as well. She had a lot to say last night!

Wow, you did a LOT of organizing! Maybe your room is too organized now! Just kidding, it is probably more like Annette said, switching from organizing to creating. I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of creating.

Glad your storms weren't as bad as expected, Ann, and thanks for the ziploc bag suggestion. I hadn't considered that.

I'm sorry your head is full of pressure, Annette. I hope it gets better soon. A nap sounds lovely...from the person who got up not that long ago. I'd better drink more of my coffee!

DD2 has to go to work with me today because she has driving lesson #4 today. The next one after this is the one where they take her for her DMV test (which they schedule and arrange, yay!). I hope the DMV is doing in car testing, she really wants to get her license. So, I'll be home later than usual after work because DD2 will be taking her instructor and me for a ride.

Chat with you later, and I will update you about Shannon when I have more info.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:49 AM   #2920
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies.

Kandie, that is completely understandable that you just sat there. I think when we get a room all clean and organized, a teeny tiny voice in our brain is yelling, "DON'T MESS IT UP!" I'm also of the opinion that I create better in a mess. Something on the table catches my attention and sparks an idea, and away we go.

Try picking a specific challenge to do, then randomly grab a stamp and see what you can do with it. If it's not workable, your brain is probably already coming up with other ideas, and you're good to go. See how easy that was?