Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-21-2020, 01:26 PM   #2721
Proud Fan Club Member

I thought she meant what age we would end at, like die at that age! I can't imagine an age that we would just stay that age forever. I don't believe I had any age that I liked so much I'd want to stay there!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:26 PM   #2722
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I think I would have liked to freeze time at 40. I was in really good shape and not so young that I thought I knew everything. Lol.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:58 PM   #2723
Proud Fan Club Member

I was in the doghouse....literally. I followed a tutorial by stamping with amore.
In the doghouse by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:14 PM   #2724
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I’m with you, I can’t think of any age so far that I would want to stay at permanently. I would wish, however, that I knew when I was much younger what I know now! About hair styles, makeup, clothing, everything, lol.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #2725
Proud Fan Club Member

Let me start by saying I am not a drinker. DS was charged for more drinks than he bought so instead of getting money back. He just got two more. They are called Smash orange screwdrivers. I decided to try one, but unfortunately I was thirsty and guzzled them. Wrong thing to do for a non drinker! But maybe it will help me sleep?

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #2726
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jayne! Hope you are getting some cards!!! Glad you were able to enjoy poppets and always enjoy your stories!
I did suffer from constant sinus infections and was loosing my voice- had food allergy testing and cut out top 5- milk, eggs, pork, soy and sweet potatoes, then use a netti pot everyday, nasal spray-prescription, zyrtec, mucinec and Singulair. Inside nose still swollen, still have headaches, but the congestion is all-gone : ) I still have environmental allergies but way better than before.

Kathy, I like a drink- you'll have to tell us how you slept, and hope you do not wake e!up with a headache. Glad you got in to get your hair cut and also your hair colored! So sorry about your dad declining, I went through that with my parents in the last 4 years, and it is tough!

Freezing time- not sure about that- before spine issues, but then would not know Grandson..... Best may be yet to come!

Sharon- sorry for bad weather and no walk!

Ann- I cannot zoom tomorrow- going to help my sister! Dang! She wants to try water coloring : )

Catherine- your pup looks adorable! Your hubby always is working on something! Hope he had a great day!

Gracie- fun to have a stamping day with friends!

Annette- homemade buns sound delicious! Yum! Hope you are enjoying your crafting space!

Kandie- so sorry for sick pup! Best of luck with your new eating schedule! Love your tins- they look like dioramas!

Jan- hear Spain is opening boarders. Your strawberry cake sounds delicious!

Doc appt Friday- pelvis is tilted up and Rt on one side and down and lt on the other, so steroids for 10 days with exercises, and if no improvement- PT....

We ordered out Cajan boil dinner last night- was delicious. We had to google how to eat crayfish.... and Hubby wanted to go out again tonight- neighbor told him about a restaurant in our downtown. Our city put up a tent on one block and it has about 6 restaurants with outdoor seating. He was really enjoying it!

I have been sidetracked by genealogy the last couple of days- had 2 emails from GEDmatch users- a site where you can upload DNA, and 2 separate family matches. There is a way you can enter another parties kit number and find out all kits that match the 2 of you, so have been chatting with about 20 people now..... One person, I knew of the match with many family members and was right on it, the other, I know NONE of the matches, so hope to find some new information!

Waving hello to all
Stay well!
Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:15 PM   #2727
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well, DH was quite busy today. He cut a window sill for DD1's window besides caulking her window and the kitchen window. So I decided to join him with work and I applied mud around DD1's window as well. That window was the problem child of the windows that he replaced so needs more repair work inside to get it completed. I was happy to help him.

All we did for him was feed him ending the day with homemade peach crisp. His stomach is happy.

Kathy, I hope you don't wake up with a headache!

Oh, and happy birthday, Jayne! I hope your day is marvelous!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:00 PM   #2728
Proud Fan Club Member

Does this bring back good memories?

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #2729
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning and happy Monday! Monday already? What happened to the weekend?

Jayne, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your card is in the mail, and probably will be for quite some time, lol.

Good morning, Shelly. My goodness, your sinus and allergy experiences make me feel like an infant with my headaches and everything. You poor thing!!! Did you have nosebleeds? I’ve been going through that this past week. Walk along and suddenly have to run and grab a Kleenex. How embarrassing.

What happened to cause your pelvis issues?

Uh oh, Ann, another genealogy fan, lol.

Kathy, I’m so sad for your dad’s issues. Sounds so much like my own father’s before he passed away. My heart is with you, dear friend.

Did all the DHs and DSs have nice Father’s Days? We sure enjoyed our time with DH’s family, especially after so many months of no contact. Good food, everyone catching up, the grandchildren had grown at least a foot, it seemed, since we’d seen them last, a wonderful pontoon ride. DH loved it all, and would occasionally get emotional when something reminded him of days spent with his own father. We were gone for 5 hours and Dusty had left us a deposit on the living room carpet, which we kind of expected.

Speaking of Dusty, you can all have a big chuckle over me trying to change her food routine. Ha!

Old 06-22-2020, 07:35 AM   #2730
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Annette, son is going to be an hour yet, so if you are around lets try zoom.

Sent you a link to your email. No passwords needed, so my son states, just use the link.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:39 AM   #2731
Proud Fan Club Member

Which email? I don't see it.

My Gallery
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:39 AM   #2732
Proud Fan Club Member

Never mind it just came in

My Gallery
Old 06-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #2733
Gallery Gazer

Pleased to hear you all had fun for Father’s Day with your DHs, Steve had facetime calls, it was like the hot line as eldest son with youngest GS was just saying goodbye when another call popped up, eldest GS and DIL, to say Happy Grandad day, they were in the garage where the pups are living for the time being, he told me that the puppies are my GGDs, made me feel old, he said his mum is now a Grandma, that made her feel old too, they just said goodbye and his dad rang rang, then later he rang again as he had a message from the PO to say the parcel he had sent three weeks ago has been delayed, tell us something we didn’t know.

Yes spain is now open, flights landing all over although our local airport isn’t open yet, all spanish can now travel all over Spain, it’s been very busy, we go out early so we are home before most people are up.
Scares me so we are just walking, shopping and home. The glass on the log burner cracked, not sure how or why as it was fine in March when we last used it, Steve took it to the shop, €100 , oh well we’ve had it about sixteen years so I suppose we can’t complain, she said happens sometimes, now I have a towel over the opening as we get soot falls if it’s windy
Old 06-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #2734
Gallery Gazer

Kathy I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad, my mums sister had it, she had to go into a home in the end as my cousins both worked. Your mum must be so pleased you live so near.

I bet you feel like a new woman now with a haircut and colour, I’m still hanging on but it’s getting long!
Old 06-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #2735
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, if you take the precautions I don't think you need to worry. Those who really need to worry are the ones who don't worry! I wear my mask inside store. I wash my hands as soon as I get home and use hand sanitizer until I am home.

Dad will stay at home. We will take care of him to the end, unless there is a medical reason we can't.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:34 AM   #2736
Proud Fan Club Member

I love my haircut! It feels good. And so far I'm doing good at not twisting. If I start to, I'm able to stop.

Its almost 90° out already. Humidity is up and they are saying possible storms the next two days. Our garden could use a good drink.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #2737
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I'm running late and have an adorable dog beside me who wants attention. She was on the couch so I sat on the loveseat to check in here and she came over to the loveseat. She is so cute, love her!

My DH was well fed but that was about it for Father's Day since we couldn't rent kayaks and stand up paddle boards yet due to Covid. Of course, his Fitbit fell apart last week so we need to buy him a new one of those so that may end up being his Father's Day gift instead of the experience on the lake. He says he prefers experiences to gifts which is why we were going to do the other.

Happy birthday, Jayne! I know I said it last night as I think that is when you could read it on your actual birthday, but today is Monday here. Now I've got it covered it both locations! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful celebration.

I got a lesson from DH about the difference between mud and spackle yesterday since I was applying mud around DD1's window.

DD2 has a deer that likes to take a siesta right outside her window. There were three of them that we saw regularly together but now we only see the one.

Kandie, I'm glad your DH had such a lovely Father's Day and you both enjoyed a wonderful family get together. It sounds like a marvelous time.

I'm glad you are enjoying your haircut so much, Kathy. I know I was so thankful to get mine cut when I did too.

Annette and Ann, enjoy your Zoom time. Wish I could join in. I need to hit the road to work.

Chat with you all later!
Old 06-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #2738
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all,

Happy, Happy Birthday Jayne. Enjoy your day.

Sending hughs to you all.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:31 AM   #2739
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Birthday, Jayne!!

Dagmar, so good to hear from you!!

Yes Zoom test was a success!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:51 AM   #2740
Gallery Gazer

Kathy you are a wonderful daughter.

I also wear a mask, well you can’t go inside without one, I also sanitize when I leave the store, I wipe the shopping when I get home and put it into a clean bag, or empty things out of their packaging before I take indoors, then I wash my hands.
we went to the pharmacy, a man outside didn’t have a mask so one of the girls took him one , he had to pay for it when he got inside. Steve left his hat on the chair, we were in the street and we heard someone shouting Stephen, she was waving hat!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:37 AM   #2741
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Monday and Happy birthday Jayne.

We went to my son's for lunch yesterday. He cooked. He's been ordering from Hello Fresh, so let us choose what we wanted.

I finally finished my storage unit for my distress ink pads. I posted on my blog with a lot of instructions. My new ink hotel. Now I need to make a space for it and fill it up.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:55 AM   #2742
Proud Fan Club Member

Great job Melody! I made a storage piece for some of my ink pads as well, using cardstock and foam core that I had left over from some other project. It was is nowhere near as fancy as yours though.

My Gallery
Old 06-22-2020, 12:34 PM   #2743
Proud Fan Club Member

Great job melody!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #2744
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, ladies.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #2745
Proud Fan Club Member

My brain is apparently not hooked up to my central nervous system today. I sewed a valance for the bathroom window, and then discovered I had hemmed it on the wrong side. I did two dog pictures for today’s CAS challenge and ruined them both. My TH storage box for 3x3 distress pads arrived from Amazon, and it wasn’t till I couldn’t get the pads in the plastic grooves that I noticed the box was dented near the bottom on three sides. DH tried to pound it back into shape. Then my frozen burrito cooked itself into a piece of leather in the microwave.

DH’s day isn’t going much better. He didn’t see Dusty’s bowl of treats sitting on the couch and he knocked it off, treats all over the floor. Then he ran water in the tub to pour some cleaner into it to soak, sat down to watch tv while the tub filled, and forgot the water was running. He remembered, ran into the bathroom, then told me it’s a good thing there is a drain for overflow in the tub! Yikes, I think we’d both better sit on the couch and not move until tomorrow morning.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #2746
Proud Fan Club Member

And am I the only goofball who didn’t notice till today that regular distress ink pads are black and the oxides are gray?

mcschmidty and muscrat like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:11 PM   #2747
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Kandie... just breathe! Do you like eating leather? I did know that the ink pads were different color, but I'm sure you aren't the only one who didn't notice that. I mean, really, you're looking at the INK color, not the pad. So are you letting Dusty clean up the mess?
Old 06-22-2020, 01:33 PM   #2748
Proud Fan Club Member

Dusty turned up her nose, Melody. DH had to crawl around on the floor to get all the treats, some of which went under the couch. Why were they on the couch in the first place? Well... she wouldn’t eat her food (this early), and we didn’t want her barfing on the couch, so we tried a bowl of treats. Obviously that didn’t work either, lol.

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:37 PM   #2749
Proud Fan Club Member

There is a clothing commercial on the side of my post area with a t-shirt that reads “it’s FINE, I’m FINE, everything is FINE”. Maybe I need one that says nothing is fine, I’m definitely not fine, stay away or I will drop kick you into next week!

Old 06-22-2020, 01:51 PM   #2750
Proud Fan Club Member

You made me laugh out loud!

My Gallery
jan31, muscrat, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:24 PM   #2751
Proud Fan Club Member

mcschmidty and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #2752
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Your ink hotel is fabulous, Melody! I don't have that many distress oxide inks or distress inks - and wouldn't have room for that fabulous, big hotel. But I really like it!

Kandie, I was going to ask how it was going with getting Dusty on a different eating schedule but I saw your post. She is quite the opinionated little girl, isn't she? But she is so cute.

It sounds like you've had a challenging day...but you described it so humorously, it made me laugh. Hope tomorrow goes better!

It has been quite hot here today...and looks like it is going to stay that way all week.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #2753
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Catherine. Right now, there will be a dozen empty slots, but you know Tim is producing new colors, so if I get those...
Old 06-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #2754
Proud Fan Club Member

Sounds like someone has that every color syndrome! I have the first set he released but after that I picked some colors that I needed. I have about 20 distress and 20 oxides

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #2755
Stazon Splitcoast

Actually, Kathy, I typically am not that way, but I do like these inks, so I ask for them for birthdays and Christmas, etc. There are a few colors that rarely get used, but I like to try different ones, although I do have some favorites. When I was a SU demo, I had all the inks, but once I quit, I haven't bought any new colors. I've even gotten rid of some that I never used much.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:10 PM   #2756
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, just read your entire instructions for your ink pad holder!! Wow, it is amazing!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:14 PM   #2757
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Actually, Kathy, I typically am not that way, but I do like these inks, so I ask for them for birthdays and Christmas, etc. There are a few colors that rarely get used, but I like to try different ones, although I do have some favorites. When I was a SU demo, I had all the inks, but once I quit, I haven't bought any new colors. I've even gotten rid of some that I never used much.
Truth be told, I'm a big fan of the oxides.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #2758
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I have several distress ink colors but almost all of my distress ink pads are the minis. I really like the mini cubes. My family bought me the first two releases of distress oxides so that is about how much I have of those too. I really like both the distress inks and distress oxides.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #2759
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks so much, Ann. It was a big project, but I'm really happy with it. I'm thinking of adding some sort of gazebo on the top to keep the dust off the things in the center. Because some parts aren't 'attached', I could actually add more spots for ink if I needed to... just build a few more at the top. I could raise the center box by adding height to the inside braces. Engineering feat! Ha!

I really like the oxides, too, but haven't played much with them.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:34 AM   #2760
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

It’s Tuesday and I’m a day older...I still feel the same LOL. Thank you ladies for my birthday wishes and I have received some beautiful cards from Ann, Kathy and Karen. Kathy I saved yours and assume it was for my birthday? It didn’t say birthday on it but it is beautiful and the second I’ve received from you in the past couple of months...thank you so much.

DH bought me a beautiful card and he went to write on it and it said Happy Anniversary inside even though he tells me he read it in the store last week. His mind must have been on something else LOL. He did go out and buy me another although I suggested he make me one. The one he bought me and his sentiment inside made me cry...he is such a softie.  

Our downstairs is full of beautiful flowers that the boys and friends have bought for me and I also got another orchid that is in my craft room. Hopefully I won’t kill this one. I do love them. We had a very low key day after seeing the kids/poppets on the weekend and I took a cake up for the poppets to share with us after school yesterday. I am blessed for my family and all of my friends here and on SCS. I couldn’t ask for anything else in my life.

Ann, I hope that Athena is better now. She is having a rough time. I would love a zoom one day but I understand that it may not be convenient. 

Isn’t it VSN this weekend? I now don’t think I can join in as it is DIL1s birthday weekend and we are going out with them and the poppets on Saturday morning...your Friday. Sunday we are out all day too...doh! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays are usually good for me and most evenings. June is a funny month with birthdays.

Kathy, how is your Dad going? Sending hugs as it is hard to watch a parent deteriorate. Did your sister have a nice birthday? What colour did you put on your hair? 

Annette, did you have a nice time with your son and DGS?  Home made burgers..I’m impressed.  How is your hair going...I seem to think you had it cut too. I saw a lady here with hair like yours and it fell naturally into a bob style and looked so good. I thought of you when I saw it...so curly but perfect in the bob style.

Jan, I asked DH your question and we both agreed that we would like to be back at 57...the age we both retired. We had better health and were fitter and ready to ease into retirement. Now we love being retired but unfortunately our bodies don’t always co-operate.

Catherine, wow you and your DH have been busy and how good was he to work on Fathers Day. Hopefully he can find some time this week to relax a little. Is your DD’s room now all finished? We don’t have Fathers Day here until September. It seems strange to hear you ladies and also my family in the UK talk about what they did last Sunday...not a lot..as like you ladies, they are all still in lockdown.
Catherine, how is work going for you? Still busy?

Shelly, I wonder whether my allergies are environmental. I have had lots of allergy tests. First they said grass, now they say no I’m not allergic to grass...good job as there’s a lot of it around LOL. I’ve had dust, pollen, food...all the usual tests and they all came back negative. So wierd. I wake up each morning and it is like a tap has been turned on...I sometimes sneeze or my nose just runs for about 2 hours and then is fine for the rest of the day. I actually could smell the bleach today when I cleaned the loo...that has been a long time since I smelt that stuff. Not sure which was better. Have the steroids kicked in yet for you? I can imagine you being sidetracked with tracking down ancestors. DH spends hours on the pc and I don’t even get a look in these days. He is happy and as long as I can do my thing, we are both happy.

Kandie, I shall look forward to receiving your card. A few ladies have said their cards are in the mail and I always love happy mail. Thank you for thinking of me and everyone else..I do appreciate it. I’m glad that your DH enjoyed his day on Sunday as I know that you weren’t keen with someone who is loud being there...or was that at another event? I have missed a little of the chat the past few days with being so busy this end. Yes Shelly’s sinus issues make mine sound like nothing. I think there’s a few of us on this thread with sinus issues...do you think it’s craft related LOL?

Jan, glad Steve had lots of calls on his day. Did you get your glass fixed on your fire? We have had some spikes here with the virus in suburbs near Melbourne. It’s a worry. Not huge numbers but mainly people who have returned from travel, some went to protests and also a Dr who had it and passed it on to some patients..eek. It has meant that our State border will still remain closed and for some time. A lot of people aren’t happy and especially businesses but I am glad that our Premier is standing is ground and keeping us safe. 

We will, however, be having the 100 in public places lifted and up to 30,000 people will be able to go to concerts, sporting events, etc but we all have to socially distance. Not sure how that will work. Gyms no longer have to be supervised and the Casino will reopen. That will make a few people happy although not all of the machines will be used. People are becoming complacent here and at golf presentations I have had a few ladies come up and hug me and it’s always too late or rude for me to push them away. We don’t have community spread and haven’t had cases for weeks other than off cruise ships so I guess we are ok. Time will tell. 

Dagmar so good to see you check in. I have been thinking of you as my sister told me yesterday when she FaceTimed that Germany has had huge numbers recently. I hope that you and your family are well.

Ann and Annette, glad the zoom call went well...keep me posted if you ladies have another.

Melody, way to go...you finished your ink hotel. Well done. I must check it out in a min. I have two tins of the small distress inks and about 5 large pads and about 12 oxides. I just buy the main colours and asked at the craft shop yesterday about the new blue oxide...speckled blue I think. They told me that it’s on backorder. I did buy a few other things whilst DH waited patiently in the car LOL.

Kandie, oh dear...I hope that you have a much better day today. Your post did make me LOL though.

Gracie, Sharon and anyone else I’ve missed....waving and sending hugs to you all.

Well ladies, DH has just reminded me that I was going to start dinner and oops...time has marched on.

Thanks again for all of my birthday wishes.  

Have fun...see you soon.

Last edited by Ozpom; 06-23-2020 at 01:58 AM..